Author Topic: Fires  (Read 54666 times)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Fires
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2008, 04:18:51 AM »
Summary of Fires by Unit

Siskiyou Unit: All fires have been contained. The Klamath National Forest has the Siskiyou Complex which is near Happy Camp that is 600 acres with no containment. The Siskiyou Fire Information Number is (530) 82-2266.

Humboldt-Del Norte Unit: The complex has 52 fires that have burned for more than 950 acres. There are currently 9 active fires in this complex. The Paradise Fire is Northeast of Shelter Cove and is 500 acres and 15% contained, The Redcrest Fire is 35 acres and 100% contained, the High Fire is in Humboldt Redwood State Park is 45 acres and 100% contained, the Carson Fire is 66 acres and 100% contained, the Hansen Fire is 6 acres and 100% contained, the Williams Fire is 40 acres and 100% contained, the Larabee Fire is 45 acres and 100% contained, the Lone Fire is 80 acres and 100% contained, the Williams Fire is 40 acres and 100% contained, and all the remaining fires of 5 acres or less have been contained. The Humboldt-Del Norte Fire Information Number is (707) 725-4413.

Mendocino Unit: 106 fires have burned more than 19,000 acres. Incident Command Team #4 has been assigned to this complex. The Orr Fire is 100 acres and has evacuations of the Orr Springs Resort and 50 homes in the area, the Navarro Fire is 1,400 acres and 5% contained, the Cherry fire is 50 acres and 50% contained, the Foster Fire is 50 acres and 50% contained, the Table Mtn. Fire is 1,000 acres and 5% contained, the Mallo Pass Fire is 800 acres, and the Juan Creek fires (2) are at 100 acres each. There are 8 additional fires at 30 acres each. The Mendocino Fire Information Number is (707) 972-3846.

Santa Clara Unit: Click Whitehurst/Hummingbird Incident for more information on these fires.

San Mateo-Santa Cruz Unit: All fires have been contained.

Amador-El Dorado Unit: All fires have been contained.

Nevada-Yuba-Placer Unit: All fires have been contained.

Butte Unit: The Butte Lightning Complex consists of 27 fires burning more than 3,900 acres. The fires are evaluated each day to determine potential risk. Click Butte Lightning Complex for more specific information regarding the fires, closures and evacuations within this incident. The Butte Fire Information Number is (530) 538-7826.

Tehama-Glenn Unit: The Tehama-Glenn Lightning Complex consists of 41 fires for a total of 4,629 acres. 39 fires are contained. There are two actives fires burning with the complex. The Antelope Fire is 900 acres and 10% contained, the Mill Creek Fire is 1,500 acres with no containment, the Vestal fire is 181 acres and is 85% contained. The Tehama-Glenn Unit Information Number is (530) 528-5124.

Shasta-Trinity Unit: Over 156 fires for a total of 10,000 acres. The Shingletown fire is 455 acres with evacuations in place, the Venture fire is 1,000 acres, the Donkey fire is 360 acres with the potential to evacuate, the Democrat fire is 360 acres, the Kirkwick fire is 1,500 acres, and the Pine fire is 750 acres. Incident Command Team #10 has been assigned to this complex. Shasta-Trinity Unit Information (530) 225-2510.

Sonoma-Lake-Napa Unit: The Sonoma-Lake-Napa Lightning Complex consists of 6 fires. Two fires are still burning for a total of more than 12,686 acres. Click on Wild Fire Incident or Walker Fire Incident for more information on these incidents.

Lassen-Modoc Unit (including Plumas County): The Lassen-Modoc Lightning Complex consists of 49 fires burning more than 2,800 acres. Click Popcorn Fire for more information on this incident.

Tuolumne-Calaveras Unit: 9 fires for a total of 5,720 acres. All fires have been contained. Currently the counties of Tuolumne and Calaveras are experiencing heavy smoke in low lying areas due to fires caused by heavy lightning activity yesterday. The Tuolumne-Calaveras Information Number is (209) 754-5527.

Madera-Mariposa-Merced Unit: 15 fires have been reported for more than 6,000 acres.
The Cunningham Complex (5 fires total) are burning 3,150 acres total, the Stumpfield Fire is burning 2 acres, the Indian Peak Fire is burning 60 acres, Mariposa Complex is 100% contained at 2,500 acres and the Oliver Fire is burning in the Sequoia National Forest. The Sequoia National Forest has reported 25 fires. The Madera-Mariposa-Merced Fire Information Number is (209) 966-4784.
Major Federal Incidents

Basin Complex (Gallery and Basin Fires):
County:    Monterey County
Administrative Unit:    Monterey Ranger District---Los Padres National Forest
Status/Notes:    3% contained - 8,500 acres 
Phone Numbers     (805) 961-5770 (Basin Complex Information Number)

Lime Complex:
County:    Trinity County
Administrative Unit:    Shasta National Forest
Status/Notes:    10% contained - 7,000 acres 
Phone Numbers     (530) 225-2510 (Lime Complex Fire Information Number)

Indians Fire:
County:    Monterey County
Location:    10 miles west of King City in Ventana Wilderness of the Los Padres National Forest
Administrative Unit:    Los Padres National Forest
Status/Notes:    66% contained - 57,943 acres
A voluntary evacuation is in place for upper Pine Canyon and Arroyo Seco. An evacuation advisory is in place for lower Pine Canyon and Thompson Canyon. Reliz Canyon Road and upper Pine Canyon Road remain open to residents only. Although no evacuations orders have been issued at this time, decision points have been established. An evacuation center has been established at the King City High School.
Phone Numbers     (805) 961-5770 (Indians Fire Information)
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2008, 08:23:43 AM »
http://www.trinitycam.com/

Far northern California ... Trinity County

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2008, 10:12:55 AM »
Northern California fire potential outlook

Fire Potential Discussion:                                                                        Fuel conditions remain  much drier than average for late June, with burning conditions more like peak-of summer (August/ early September).  The coastal marine layer has deepened to between 2000-25000 ft today, but will begin to dissipate late tomorrow into the weekend with some light offshore flow. The renewed lightning possibilities of Friday into the weekend will be a problem, even if moderately wet, due to the current siege of fires, and the related resource shortages.                                           
Resources                                                       CWCG Preparedness Level 5, MACS Mode 3     Resource drawdown is critical.   Initial attack success is generally questionable, other than where fire teams might have suppression resources in close vicinity of the new start.

God is in control.  Satan is attempting to destroy all he can, but there is a line drawn.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2008, 12:04:11 PM »
Get this ... in southern New Mexico, there is a fire that is in such horrible terrain that they can only fight it by air. The rattle snakes and killer bees are so thick that they will not send in humans. Just too dangerous - even if there wasn't a fire!

Larry Lyons

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2008, 10:01:38 PM »
Get this ... in southern New Mexico, there is a fire that is in such horrible terrain that they can only fight it by air. The rattle snakes and killer bees are so thick that they will not send in humans. Just too dangerous - even if there wasn't a fire!
There are places here also that the terrain is so bad that air drops is the only way to fight the fire. On some occasions in certain places they simply let the fire burn. Eventually they go out.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008, 05:05:51 AM »

This is why many of us live in Maine:  no poisonus snakes, no killer bees, virtually no fire danger (at least not like the West Coast), no crowded highways, no smog, wood stoves still legal.  Of course we do have 9 months of winter. ;D  Just kidding.  Only about 3 months of really cold weather
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Sister Dee

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2008, 07:52:20 AM »

This is why many of us live in Maine:  no poisonus snakes, no killer bees, virtually no fire danger (at least not like the West Coast), no crowded highways, no smog, wood stoves still legal.  Of course we do have 9 months of winter. ;D  Just kidding.  Only about 3 months of really cold weather

I'm sold!  I think I'd love it in Maine since I do like snow and cooler weather.  I imagine I'd have to give up watching for scorpions in the house though.   ;)

We've watched two fires from our side of the Manzanos since October.  Truly a devastating sight, especially at night time. 

Now, the mountains are another place I'd like to live.  Just not around here! 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2008, 07:52:41 AM »
When the global warming people find out about your wood stoves, your winters are going to be much colder. :)  We are content in whatever situation we find ourselves. The last days on this earth will be difficult, but where sin abounds, grace does much more!!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2008, 08:03:21 AM »
The fires in California are really unusual. It is a blessing that they are early in the summer. Things are still much greener than they will be in two months.

Here is a sat photo showing the location of many of the fires, but not all, on Monday, June 23.

Red shows the places where sensors detected actively burning fires. The Northern region of California has experienced record low levels of rainfall this spring, leaving dry vegetation throughout the State ready to burn when approximately 6,500 lightning strikes hit the Northern area of the State in less than a 24 hour period which ignited more than 800 Wildland fires. A rare example of 'dry lightning' that brought little or no rain but plenty of fire to the state's parched forest and grasslands.'

The dry vegetation, rough terrain, windy weather, limited access, and firefighting  resources slow to arrive has made firefighting efforts very difficult and dangerous.

The picture does not reveal the smoky conditions in the state today. The smoke is so thick, that one questions how long they can remain in the area. In most areas, planes are grounded because they cannot access the fires by air. There is a temperature inversion and the smoke is trapped. Wind will clear it out, but will also fan the fires. God knows best.

We trust in our Lord and He will protect us where ever we are and whatever the danger!

Wally

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2008, 04:45:12 PM »

I'm sold!  I think I'd love it in Maine since I do like snow and cooler weather.  I imagine I'd have to give up watching for scorpions in the house though.   ;)

We've watched two fires from our side of the Manzanos since October.  Truly a devastating sight, especially at night time. 

Now, the mountains are another place I'd like to live.  Just not around here! 

Oh, yeah, I forgot--no scorpions in Maine, either (like the one that was in my pant let one morning when I lived in a basement apartment in Calif.), and tornadoes are almost as rare as lobsters in the Great Salt Lake.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2008, 01:32:47 PM »
In an earthquake thread we discuss the soon judgment to fall upon Sodom and Gomorah, San Francisco and Oakland. But, we have not discussed the judgments to fall upon California as a state. It was the California Supreme Court that over rode the People of the State of California when it threw out the law against homosexual marriage. The governor opposes an amendment to the state constitution to correct the abomination done by the court.  Immorality runs rampant in California. Do you suppose that God has removed His hand of protection from the state to a large degree?  Who keeps the lightning from burning the whole state? Satan would wreak destruction as far as he could. It seems that God has let him move forward.

It is interesting to hear that many fighting the fires and those who are threatened by the fires are "praying" for rain in the present storm system hitting  the state. Is it not in God's hands to bring the rain? How hard are the hearts of the leadership in the State of California? Does the whole state have to be burned? Reminds one of the judgments brought upon Egypt many years ago.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2008, 03:42:02 PM »
In an earthquake thread we discuss the soon judgment to fall upon Sodom and Gomorah, San Francisco and Oakland. But, we have not discussed the judgments to fall upon California as a state. It was the California Supreme Court that over rode the People of the State of California when it threw out the law against homosexual marriage. The governor opposes an amendment to the state constitution to correct the abomination done by the court.  Immorality runs rampant in California. Do you suppose that God has removed His hand of protection from the state to a large degree?  Who keeps the lightning from burning the whole state? Satan would wreak destruction as far as he could. It seems that God has let him move forward.

It is interesting to hear that many fighting the fires and those who are threatened by the fires are "praying" for rain in the present storm system hitting  the state. Is it not in God's hands to bring the rain? How hard are the hearts of the leadership in the State of California? Does the whole state have to be burned? Reminds one of the judgments brought upon Egypt many years ago.

You don't honestly believe that the extreme liberal wing of the Calif. legislature will see the possibility of a connection, do you?  They'd rather blame it on global warming. ::)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2008, 03:46:39 PM »
One day they will come to see the truth, but you are right, dear brother, they will not see it today. This weekend many of them will be dancing in the streets of San Francisco, celebrating with the homosexuals.

Larry Lyons

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2008, 04:58:35 PM »
It is 4:56 PM my time. I can't see clouds because of the smoke, but I have just started to hear thunder to the Northeast. I pray that there will be rain.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2008, 05:45:15 PM »
Oh how I hope you get rain, Larry - you and Richard and those other saints who need it. I see some nice color on the radar for you guys.

Lewis

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2008, 05:55:17 PM »
I checked out the weather map for that area. They have a red flag warning for most of northern California, for the dry conditions, wind, and dry lightning. Very little rain expected, or at least they say.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2008, 11:28:41 AM »
June 29, 2008 - The world's largest water-scooping aircraft has arrived from Canada today to assist the firefighting effort in northern California.

The Martin Mars water bomber will be temporarily based at Shasta Lake on the Shasta-Trinity National Forest. The aircraft, which is capable of holding 7,200 gallons of water, will aid in the effort to contain the more than 1,200 fires currently burning in northern California

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2008, 06:01:41 PM »
This is good news, Richard. Keep us posted.

Lewis

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2008, 06:26:48 PM »
Here is a link to the Martin Mars water bomber, and the related aircraft. This is a really in-depth video about this aircraft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1y6Tnczjuw

Immanuel

• Senior Moderator
  • Jesus is My Judge
    • Emmanuel Institute of Evangelism
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2008, 08:47:46 PM »
Today, in Northwestern Oregon, it was extremely hazy because of the fires in California. When I woke up this morning I thought for sure there must be fires close by because of the smoky haze. But there are no fires in Oregon, just smoke blown in from Ca.