Author Topic: Fires  (Read 20867 times)

Dorine

Re: Fires
« Reply #100 on: August 08, 2015, 03:31:47 PM »
Our prayers are with you Richard and all those who are in danger. Your courage and peace is inspriational and I know it comes only through knowing the One who knows all things and is ultimately in control. Perfect love casteth out all fear in all circumstances.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2015, 05:23:27 PM »
Thank you for the prayers, Dorine. We have many here who have manifested the same peace amid much more difficult trials including you and Eric. Christ makes the difference.

Ed, here is a map of the current situation with the fires surrounding my  property. We are due west of the airport. Halfway between the airport and the large fire to the west. The three previous large fires have merged and the one small fire has burned down to the river. The Google map shows the perimeter of the fires in red. I am surrounded by beautiful pines and firs. National forest land is adjacent to me with very large trees that have not been harvested for a long time. There is a lot of undergrowth since there has not been any harvesting or fires. Very dangerous. I have defensible space around the house, but not around the travel trailer or my equipment. The problem with the engines that are there, is there is only one way  out. If the fire gets to the road, I do not see how they can stay to protect the property. There are five other houses in the area. If the fire does not jump across the road, the good thing is the fire is coming down the mountain. Much better than coming up at us. If the wind blows sparks  below us or across the road, that would be trouble.

The truth is nothing happens that God does not allow.  Satan can go as far as God allows. This is a spiritual battle.  We all will face such battles. They will get increasingly more difficult as we near the end. I am getting ready to post on the pope's invitation to address a professing Protestant Congress of the United States. He is not there to just say hello. Another spiritual battle that God is going to allow. What is our duty? Are we ready?

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2015, 07:58:23 AM »
Thank you for your prayers. The fires are under control. They were stopped 1/4 mile from my property. Being surrounded, God had me dead center which is  as far away as I could be when surrounded!  :)  Since so much burned, there is less danger now from future fires.   All things work together for  our good when we love God and keep His commandments!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.