Author Topic: Archaeology and the Bible  (Read 3419 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Archaeology and the Bible
« on: August 12, 2013, 07:27:41 PM »
As archaeologists make their discoveries, they are proving the accuracy of the Bible. Let's take a look at some things that are indeed evidence that the Bible is an accurate historical record. 

Let's begin by listening to Dr. Michael Hasel's presentation at ASI last week.

"The interconnected relationship between history and prophecy has been a hallmark of Protestant and Adventist interpretation for centuries, but today historicism is being challenged as never before. Learn how archaeology can support the historicist interpretation of prophecy by providing lessons of fulfilled prophecy as signs of time given by the God who acts in history. Be challenged to live your life for Him in a world that is running out of time."  Archaeology, History, and Prophecy: Signs of Time
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Archaeology and the Bible
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 02:26:50 PM »
The battle between evolution and creation has intensified in recent years. The world is convinced they came from monkeys and is intent on teaching this in schools. Great interest in the subject was revealed when Bill Nye debated Ken Ham. Watch the debate.

A Bible Answer
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

colporteur

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 03:11:39 PM »
I watched the debate the other evening. While Ken Ham stood his ground I wish Kent Hovind would have had that position. He would have ground Mr. Nye up in little pieces.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 04:01:28 PM »
Yes, cp, great light is shining upon God's church.

Cop

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 05:34:03 AM »
I watched the debate the other evening. While Ken Ham stood his ground I wish Kent Hovind would have had that position. He would have ground Mr. Nye up in little pieces.

Amen to that my brother. I was thinking the same thing as I watched the debate.
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson