Author Topic: Matthew 24  (Read 68546 times)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Matthew 24
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2010, 02:19:45 PM »
Oh, Victoria ... what you have written ... can we imagine it?

Sometimes I think I cannot stay here any longer, all things of earth look so dreary. I feel very lonely here, for I have seen a better land. O, that I had wings like a dove, then would I fly away, and be at rest.

For all who will hear ...

Come ye who are weak and weary,
I will give you rest
Ye who bear a heavy burden
I will give you rest

Take My yoke upon you
And learn of Me
I am meek and lowly
and I will give you rest

Let not your heart be troubled
Come unto Me
Ye whose hearts are greatly troubled
All your fears, distress
Lean upon my steady shoulder
I will give you rest

For My yoke is easy
My burden light
Cast your cares upon Me
and I will give you rest
come ye who are weak and weary
I will give you rest.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Vicki

« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2010, 07:51:38 AM »
Oh, Victoria ... what you have written ... can we imagine it?

Considering it's length, I still could not bring myself to post just the one sentence to answer your quiry.  :)

This has been a hard week - so many tears, so many spiritual attacks, physical & emotional pain.  But, I declare to you, my sister in the Lord, it is a goodly land, and we are well able to go up and possess it.

Abide. Abide in the Vine.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2010, 09:17:06 AM »
Amen!!!   We glory in our tribulation for all things work together for good to those who love the Lord!!  It is a spiritual battle!  As we abide in Christ, He will not allow us to be tempted beyond what we can bear. He allows the trials that we may more fully reflect Him!  Such a privilege to be His friend, to honor Him who gave all for us!!!

It will soon be over and the reward of being with Jesus for eternity is more than worth the trials!!!  And, it is our opportunity as His witnesses to help others share in that experience. For how long? Forever!  That is a long time!!  :)
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2010, 09:17:56 AM »
Amen and amen.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2010, 06:07:59 PM »
Mat 24:34  Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Which generation? The apostles' generation or our generation experiencing the last signs? Give us your best explanation of this verse. Is there a dual application or just one?

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2010, 08:44:37 PM »
It appears that He is telling us that when we see all of these signs, His coming is very very soon. Our generation!  Praise God!! Jesus is even at the doors!!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2010, 11:18:55 AM »
It's my understanding that He is talking to both. Some of the signs they were to watch for just before Jerusalem was destroyed and for us just before He appears in that great morning!
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2010, 12:01:08 PM »
And that is my understanding as well. Like Richard said, "Our generation!" and I believe it. Think of all the generations who wanted to see this day and to think here we are, the generation of generations, standing under the heaviest load of iniquity the world has ever known. What an honor to witness the culmination of the "story of redemption." 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2010, 06:17:04 PM »
And like the Jews at Jesus' first coming, how many today are repeating their experience in not knowing that He is even at the doors?

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2010, 02:33:04 AM »
And as we observe those things going on around us, recognizing the speed at which things are falling into place, it make us wonder at the blindness. I have attempted to understand it but it escapes me every time.

Christ has given signs of His coming. He declares that we may know when He is near, even at the doors. He says of those who see these signs, "This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled." These signs have appeared. Now we know of a surety that the Lord's coming is at hand. "Heaven and earth shall pass away," He says, "but My words shall not pass away."  {The Desire of Ages  632.2}

Christ is coming with clouds and with great glory. A multitude of shining angels will attend Him. He will come to raise the dead, and to change the living saints from glory to glory. He will come to honor those who have loved Him, and kept His commandments, and to take them to Himself. He has not forgotten them nor His promise. There will be a relinking of the family chain. When we look upon our dead, we may think of the morning when the trump of God shall sound, when "the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed." 1Co_15:52. A little longer, and we shall see the King in His beauty. A little longer, and He will wipe all tears from our eyes. A little longer, and He will present us "faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy." Jud_1:24. Wherefore, when He gave the signs of His coming He said, "When these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh."  {The Desire of Ages 632.3} 

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2010, 02:37:22 AM »
Mat 24:35  Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

I like Peter's discussion on the prophecy Jesus spoke to His disciples. Peter covers both points Jesus made in verse 35:

2Pe 3:1  This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
2Pe 3:2  That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
2Pe 3:3  Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
2Pe 3:4  And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
2Pe 3:5  For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
2Pe 3:6  Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
2Pe 3:7  But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
2Pe 3:8  But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
2Pe 3:9  The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
2Pe 3:10  But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:11  Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12  Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2Pe 3:13  Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
2Pe 3:14  Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2011, 10:34:42 AM »
The devil is at work to counterfeit the events that lead up to the second coming. Harold Camping is preaching Jesus will come in three months on May 21.  Others have prophesied the end of the world will be in 2012.  But, Jesus has told us not the day nor the hour, but He has given us signs and His Spirit that we may not be deceived. Our only safety is being in Christ.

Marelis

« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2011, 02:09:39 AM »
I believe with all my heart that we are the last generation.  This is what I teach my children with eagerness and urgency.  What we need do much is to live as though we are the last generation.
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

Marelis

« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2011, 02:11:42 AM »
Others have prophesied the end of the world will be in 2012. 
Many people believe that the end of the world may come in 2012 or that something significant will happen then.  It remains to be seen where Satan is leading with this.....
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2011, 08:10:43 AM »
One of the signs that helps to pinpoint the season is the distress in the world. Look at the Middle East today. Look at Africa. Look at Europe and America. Look at Australia.  Look at the difficulties between Iran and Israel. 

The people in the Middle East and Africa have been faced with rising food prices. Islam is a political system as well as a religion. The results of this can be seen in Afghanistan and Iran. There is no freedom of conscience in such governments. So, the Middle East and Northern Africa have governments independent of the religion, but they are not democracies.  In America there began a new way of thinking, a "new world" independent of the "old world" where kings and popes kept the hordes under control. In America there came liberty of conscience. The Protestant religion was founded in this important liberty. Some other countries, few, have attempted to pattern their governments in such a manner. To do so requires an educated and a "moral" society. Moral from the viewpoint of true religion where the worship of God is important and is not forced according to another's beliefs.

As Matthew 24 points us to the end days, we are thankful that we can see there is no solution for the worlds difficulties now being experienced because the God of the Bible does not bear sway in the decisions being made. The difficulties we face will not be solved when God does not fit into the plans being made. There will be a false revival, but the disasters in the world will continue to increase in number and intensity. The Bible is a faithful record of God's dealing with men and nations in the past, the present, and the future. We are watching the very last days spoken of in Bible prophecy unfold before our very eyes.

Sister Marelis is doing just what God would have us all do, prepare ourselves and our families for what is breaking upon the earth. The last message has been preached for over 120 years. It is time to find a safe hiding place before the winds are let go. Our only safety is in the cleft of the "Rock".  Jesus will hide us under His wing until the desolation be past.

Fear God and give glory to Him for the hour of His judgment is come.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2011, 07:17:46 AM »
The posts of stinsonmarri have been removed until she abides by our request to first have discussions with the moderator or admin of The Remnant Online.

Larry Lyons

« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2011, 08:08:38 AM »
The posts of stinsonmarri have been removed until she abides by our request to first have discussions with the moderator or admin of The Remnant Online.
Thank you Sybil.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2011, 05:51:47 AM »
Matthew 24:36  But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Because we know not the exact time of His coming, we are commanded to watch. "Blessed are those servants, whom the Lord when He cometh shall find watching." Luke 12:37. Those who watch for the Lord's coming are not waiting in idle expectancy. The expectation of Christ's coming is to make men fear the Lord, and fear His judgments upon transgression. It is to awaken them to the great sin of rejecting His offers of mercy. Those who are watching for the Lord are purifying their souls by obedience to the truth. With vigilant watching they combine earnest working. Because they know that the Lord is at the door, their zeal is quickened to co-operate with the divine intelligences in working for the salvation of souls. These are the faithful and wise servants who give to the Lord's household "their portion of meat in due season." Luk_12:42. They are declaring the truth that is now specially applicable. As Enoch, Noah, Abraham, and Moses each declared the truth for his time, so will Christ's servants now give the special warning for their generation.  {DA 634.2}

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2011, 06:11:21 AM »
The devil is at work to counterfeit the events that lead up to the second coming. Harold Camping is preaching Jesus will come in three months on May 21.  Others have prophesied the end of the world will be in 2012.  But, Jesus has told us not the day nor the hour, but He has given us signs and His Spirit that we may not be deceived. Our only safety is being in Christ.

May came and went, as did October and we are still here. Harold Camping finally realized his foolishness in making prediction after prediction, each failing. Many souls seeking something better were led into his net of deception. Our prayer is for their healing and guidance to trust Scripture, not man.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2011, 08:36:45 PM »
And 2012 will come and go. But, we are getting very close to the end. The signs that Jesus speaks of are all around.  Morality is as it was at the time of the flood. Good is called evil and evil is called good. Justice is fallen in the street and he who departs from evil maketh himself a prey. Before Jesus comes, false religion will use the state to enforce its dogma even in what was Protestant America. Liberty of conscience will be a thing of the past. Religious liberty will be gone. This must happen before Jesus returns.