Author Topic: Justification by Faith  (Read 133279 times)

frenchmon

• http://
Re: Justification by Faith
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2001, 01:37:00 PM »
Hi D.B.Thomas...  :)

Hi Richard...  :) God is good to me and I am very thankful...and the married life is wonderful...Thanks for asking. It is a blessing to see a christian forum without all the nasty fighting...this is truly a quiet place  :)

D.B.Thomas

From reading your last three postings I can get a handle on what you believe. It seems as if you have been keeping a ear on the debates of MacArther and Zane Hodges on the topic of Lordship salvation they had in the late 1980's.

You asked:

"I am looking for Scripture verses to support and explain "justification." Any ideas?"

Well yes I have some ideas...first, there are three greek words for justification, but without getting all theological, the essence of the word in the context in which you speek is...to "constitute" or declare, or reckon some one as being righteous.

Second, a good place to start looking for scripture verses to support this is to start in the book of Romans Chapter 4...here we see how Paul explains how God reckons sinners as righteous...I hope this helps  :)..---frenchmon

jherbertthompson

« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2001, 02:30:00 PM »
Brethern.  If I am to understand some of you correctly; you are making no distinction between Christ as Saviour and He as Lord...I would respectfully disagree.

May I suggest that by mere definition, Christ as Saviour is an 'act', or initiation by God to 'restore a broken relationship'.  This 'act', requiring a 'response' from the sinner is a matter of acceptance or rejection of that 'gift' which Christ made at the cross.  I think I have pointed out in previous post that it is my opinion that 'all have been forgiven', all are 'offered salvation'; without the previously mentioned 'acceptance' of this we cannot possibly be 'trusted' as safe to be admitted into heaven.  What do you think?

Christ as Lord is a 'fact' which has been from eternity and remains throughout eternity to come..."Lord" is a 'title' which is given the "Son of God"; as in (IMO) Isaiah 9:6; He is 'titled': "...Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace".  These not only tell us 'who' He is, they tell us about the 'active relationship' He has initiated to those of the 'covenant'...[Israel -- Spiritual Israel]

Accordingly, "Christ as Saviour" has become not only the "Lamb of God slain"; our "Mediator"; or "High Priest"; "He who is both 'just' and the 'justifier' of all those who believe."  He is as "Lord" the "King of King's"; "Lord of Lord's"; "The High and Lofty One"; He returns to receive His church, "His Bride" as the "Bride Groom"; and is ultimately received by the unfallen beings of the universe and angel's as the "Conquerer".
What do you think?

Brother Thomas.  Question: >>Are you saying by your above post that; repentence is = to justification; or, synonomous with justification?

My answer:  I'm actually saying neither...We are "justified", "following" a 'knowledge' of our sinful nature; a desire to change our 'sinfullness' or be 'restored'; and, have 'repented/turned away from' our 'old nature' and accepted God's way [i.e.] doing 'things'.
We are, therefore 'justified' the 'moment' we have 'fallen at the foot of the cross; confessed; and accepted the "Life of His Blood" as our own...What do you think?

Brother Thomas.  Regarding Scriptural evidence's of this process, I would suggest Romans 1-5 for starters; the book of Job; Psalms 51; and, John 17.

This subject is so broad that we might spend years without covering even the surface...God is so Grand!  I would further suggest that in terms of how this would apply to the Third Angel's message, "Christ our Saviour" will be our testimony and a 'witness' of the Christian bearing the "Seal of God" during the final hours of the Great Controversey.  The scriptures as being our "only safeguard" against the attacks of satan and the final deception is without a doubt our under-
standing the "truth about God" and having a personal 'relationship' with Him...The "Seal of God" may also be referred to as an 'intellegent and reasoned' worship of our Creator [as exibited in our keeping the Sabbath]; and our understanding of the "The State of the Dead" as perhaps promulgated by the 'rapture'...

With the propensity to look at things from as many possible view, I have begun a synopsis which I hope will further explain from where I come from...

Re: Revelation 12:17 -- I would further suggest that this is also, in a very real way a thought regarding this same subject...I will submit the following for your consideration.  Chapter 37, "The Scriptures a Safeguard".  The intered scriptural index would likely serve as Biblical Prespective for anyone who finds the time to search out each verse in it's context...I also have grown particularly fond of the SDA Bible Commentary, Vol. 12, which was released just about a year ago...It has some unique text from our Biblical Research Team and many new [re: vol. 7a] references from Mrs. White.

Representing the Law of God in its true character in this the final hour is asking for the personal anger of satan...Those however, who love the law of God, and who are willing, at any cost [even their own lives] to not only to profess to be guided by it's principle's , and who actually live them out, in a world that is no more favorable to the christian than [as Mrs. White points our] those who lived before the flood. Will most certainly be those who also represent the true character of God and His form of government here on this world.

In the minds of many, I will seemingly have strayed from the topic, but let me further suggest that for years, as a non-christian, I viewed the Law of God as an impossibility for anyone to keep...And in reality, with out the empowerment of the Holy Spirit to do so, it is!  The book of Hebrews was especially confusing to me...and some of the old saint would often quote Hebrews 10:26 as a cause, not an effect of retracting one's heart from a true surrender.

I have much more material which I would like to share.  I hope that this post will stir further conversation, and I honestly hope that I will be able to give answer to what is my opinion, not 'be' my opinion.  :)  I'm thankful for this forum, and have learned a great deal from those who share their prespectives' in it!

You all do have a wonderful weekend, and we'll talk more this coming week, the Lord willing.

Sincerely your brother in Christ

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2001, 07:46:00 PM »
Brother Herbert, I agree with your distinctions. My point was not to do as the "evangelicals" do. They leave one with a Saviour (being saved) while not allowing Jesus to be Lord. It is their theological twisting that allows for sin in the life of one who is in a saved condition.

I appreciate your veiw of justification. It does indeed come with a change in character and nature.  :)

Have a good Sabbath.

Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

D.B. Thomas

« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2001, 09:44:00 PM »
For now, I just have time to quickly agree with Richard and brother Herbert..

I intended to make a distinction except for the fact that many people don't realize that the two distinct roles can't be separated.  :)

I have lots of questions/comments coming up!

------------------
"I will mention the loving-kindness of the Lord, and the praises of the Lord; according to all that the Lord has bestowed upon us."  (Isa.63:7).

D.B. Thomas

"I will mention the loving-kindness of the Lord, and the praises of the Lord; according to all that the Lord has bestowed upon us."  (Isa.63:7).
"Let the preciousness, mercy, and glory of Jesus Christ be dwelt upon; for Christ formed within, IS THE HOPE OF GLORY."  (1S.M. pg. 158).

D.B. Thomas

M.A. Crawford

« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2001, 06:29:00 AM »
Before I walk out the door, let me briefly say on the subject of Jesus as Saviour and Lord that, IF WE ARE TO BE SAVED, Jesus must be BOTH Saviour and Lord of our lives. He can't be one and not the other. He is Saviour in that He has provided salvation by way of Calvary. He is Lord in that He has provided salvation by giving us a Perfect Example to follow so there would be NO MISTAKE as to how we should live in order to obtain eternal life.

We cannot separate one from the other. They are separate only in concept as we seek to explain them, but they are BOTH NECESSARY if we expect to be saved.

I will elaborate on this further when I return.

M.A.    

M.A.

frenchmon

« Reply #105 on: June 15, 2001, 11:28:00 AM »
Brother Herbert...I see no one disagreeing with you on the distinction of Justification and Sanctification...But you have lost me in your understanding of how every one has been forgiven...you said "...I think I have pointed out in previous post that it is my opinion that 'all have been forgiven'...,"

Is this just your opinion or do you have scripture to support this??? Some teach this "all forgiven" is Justification for all at the cross...They use Romans 5:18 to support this.  

Many have said they can not be apart to which I do agree, so how can all be justified at the cross??? If God has forgiven us then He has no wrath toward us  :)---frenchmon

M.A. Crawford

« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2001, 08:59:00 AM »
"...I do not accept 'God says so' kind of theology...God 'does say so'; but He expects us, with the intelligence He has given us to 'reason things things out', and to survey the 'evidence.' It is at that point we are able to decide 'for ourselves' as to what is 'so,' so-to-speak...."

(Pardon the lateness of my response to the above which was posted on 06-12-2001 at 10:11 AM, but I feel compelled to briefly respond to the above statements because they contain concepts which trouble me.)

1. "...I do not accept 'God says so' kind of theology...."

First of all, I am rather suprised that a Christian would make such a statement. If you do not accept "God says so" kind of theology, then who's theology do you accept? Isn't that the same problem Eve had back in the Garden of Eden when God said in the day that you eat of the tree "ye shall surely die;" but the serpent said "ye shall not surely die?" Did not Eve, followed by Adam, accept the devil's "theology" instead of God's, which ushered in sin and death?

2. "God 'does say so'; but He expects us, with the intelligence He has given us to 'reason these things out', and to survey the 'evidence.' It is at that point we are able to decide 'for ourselves' as to what is 'so,' so-to-speak...."

If God says so, WHAT IS THERE TO REASON OUT? I hope that sober-minded Christians are not led to believe that we have to "help God out" by providing our interpretation or reasoning to what He has said in His Word. The evidence is: GOD SAID IT! What else is there to survey? Isn't this the same problem mankind experienced back in Judges 12:25 when the Bible says: "And in those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes." Isn't deciding for ourselves as to what is so, simply another way of saying we are going to do it the way we perceive it? Isn't that what Romans 6:16 means which reads: "Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or obedience unto righteousness?" Therefore, the question is: Whose servants are we? Are we servants of God or servants of self? We can't have it both ways.

M.A.      

M.A.

jherbertthompson

« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2001, 04:54:00 PM »
Brethern.  I am going to make this a short post.  I have in the past two [2] days written in regard to the subject of Justification.  Each time [5 times] either the post would not post; the post was perhaps received and not posted by someone; or as today, someone turned off the computer system here in the University Library and I lost the entire message.

I will prayerfully re-consider my position here.  I do need to answer one thing however. That is to Brother Crawford's rightful resistance to some of the statements in the last posted post of mine...I terribly mis-stated my position regarding the principle of "blind faith" and my concept on truth substantiated by "evidence"...Please forgive any and all of this statement.  I will attempt at a later date to make an offering regarding this subject should it still be a thread on TRO.

Blessings, your brother in Christ

frenchmon

« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2001, 11:45:00 AM »
Brother Herbert...How are you??? Fine I hope  :)

If I understand you correctly, you are going to rethink your theology as it refers to Justification???

You wrote:

"I will prayerfully re-consider my position here"

In all of my years on Adentist forum's have I never seen any one re-act in such a humble way about maybe being incorrect in their theology. I want to be the first to say God will reward your humbleness...You show you are willing to learn. May God bless you and yours...--frenchmon  :)

jherbertthompson

« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2001, 02:33:00 PM »
Brother Frenchmon and TRO.  No one is so blind as he who thinks he sees, or believes that he has some sort of corner on the "truth"!  Many thanks for your quick comment!

What I am hoping to "re-think" is my suposition in regard to "blind faith" principle...If any one would care to jump on this one, I would very much appreciate the ideas which may be presented...

There have been some who seem very uncomfortable with my presentation of justification in parallelism...So, let me through this one out for consumption:

The relation between justification and righteousness is not uniform.  Sometimes, especially in forensic passages, it seems that justification depends on righteousness in Christ by faith.  Sometimes, justification initiates the relationship in which righteousness becomes a possibility.  Always, solely by God's grace is man forgiven, acquitted, restored to a right relationship, but also made a new creature whose life is now righteous in Christ, really and observably.  These two moments of man's salvation are interdependent and inseparable.

Thank you for you consideratness.

Your brother in Christ

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2001, 03:05:00 PM »
Brother Herbert, I want to agree with what Brother frenchmon has said.  It is rather rare that one does admit being wrong. It is the Christian way, though. Many will slip into a new position rather than admit publicly they were holding a wrong position. I am slow to speak of such things when I think I see it for fear of offending one who is really not saying he was wrong.  

I appreciate your desire to know truth and to dedicate yourself to searching the Scriptures and the Spirit of Prophecy. In them we find Life for there is where we find Jesus.

Your last statement regarding justification and sanctification, I find to be very good. "Always, solely by God's grace is man forgiven, acquitted, restored to a right relationship, but also made a new creature whose life is now righteous in Christ, really and observably. These two moments of man's salvation are interdependent and inseparable."

Yes, Brother Herbert, we may do as Jesus suggested; we may test the teacher by his fruits.  :)  Each one of the fruits is in the life of a "justified" believer.  It is very hard to go backwards from this discovery. The ramifications are great. It is an anchor for our souls!  :)

In His love and grace,       Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

frenchmon

« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2001, 03:34:00 PM »
Brother Herbert...I like the sound of your last posting  :)...I have never seen or heard these words before:

"Sometimes, justification initiates the relationship in which righteousness becomes a possibility."

It sounds good, but can you kindly flesh that idea out a bit more???  :) Please...help me to understand you thoughts...--frenchmon

jherbertthompson

« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2001, 04:51:00 PM »
Brother Frenchmon.  Have ye not heard?  "While we were yet sinner's He came to save that which had been lost!"

Let me put it to you another way...My past life as an addict, alcoholic, and gang member, have placed me in position to understand those who "live without hope". For many of you, this has never been tested.  There are some of us, again, who have simply been "brands plucked from the burning"...And I for one have know idea why, but am so very, very thankful that He saw something in me worth saving.

Your brother in Christ.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #113 on: June 19, 2001, 06:27:00 PM »
Amen, Brother Herbert!!  It is called grace and it is the power unto salvation! We are saved by grace!! It is the revelation of God's love for us while we were yet sinners!!

Amen!!

Richard

frenchmon

« Reply #114 on: June 19, 2001, 07:03:00 PM »
Thanks brother Herbert...I had never heard any call Christ Justification...---frenchmon  :)

Dugald T Lewis MD

• Moderator at Rest
    • http://www.drdugaldlewis.com
« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2001, 10:14:00 AM »
Dear Brother Thompson,

When one has experienced the love of Christ, then why shouldn't loving obedience be perceived as the very least we can do to show our thanks for our Saviour's dramatic intervention.?

I love your testimony and believe that God has a reaosn why He rescued you.

Sincerely
Dugald

jherbertthompson

« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2001, 02:25:00 PM »
Brother's.  I humbly thank all of you for your words of encouragement...I truely believe that we should be praying earnestly for each other daily for the "wisdom from on high"; that our conversation will be "both a blessing and absolutely pointed to Christ and Him crucified"!

>>You have lost me in your understanding of how every one has been forgiven...you said, "...I think I have pointed out in previous post that it is my opinion that 'all have been forgiven'...,"  >>And ask it there is any scriptural evidence to support this thought...

While re-considering my offering last evening at home, several more thoughts occured to me which I wish to propose to this group.  This will also [I hope] tie in the former question of "is there a seperation of Christ as Lord and Saviour?"  Let me add also that there seems to be overwhelming evidence in both the Bible and the Spirit of Prophecy that these two are intrically attached; and, once again,
this facet may be contray to my "opinion stated".  In either case, I will begin [or try to do so] on familiar ground.  Just one more thing, I am operating from the premis that there "is" a separation between "Lord" and "Saviour"...That may change while in this discourse... :)

[1]  It is my understanding that the traditional Roman Catholic position on justification is that of the Counsil of Trent.  That justiication is both an acquittal and a making righteous in the full, and ethical sense, thus embracing both rational and behavioural renewal...

Here, the stress is placed on the effective rather than the declaratory aspect, and thus forensic...Here again, justification is the communication of new life in Christ; and, speaks to a radical "putting away of the sinful life"; and the inner transformation of the believer...It is forensic, but not merely forensic. It has to do with "real" rather than "imputed" righteousness.

Some Anglican Protestant(s) [Goodspeed; Bultmann; and Barrett] hold that the verb does mean "make righteous" [1 Corinthians 1:30; 2 Corinthians 5:21] because it regularly renders the Hebrew hiph'it, and therefore must be causitive...And a short version might reason out something like this: God clearly considers "just", those whom He has rendered "just"; and implicitly declares them so...He does not, strictly speaking, pronounce a judgement.  The judgement is reserved for the day of appearance before the judgement seat of Christ.  Then it is that God finally declares just, those who are just, having remained faithful to the end...

SDA doctrinal theology teaches a similar theology with the exception of at least this one point.  The "Final Judgement" is divided into "two" parts.  The "investigative phase" and the "Final Departure" from the Most Holy Place in the Heavenly Sanctuary...

Are you with me?

Your brother in Christ.

Is this just your opinion or do you have scripture to support this??? Some teach this "all
                    forgiven" is Justification for all at the cross...They use Romans 5:18 to support this.

Many have said they can not be apart to which I do agree, so how can all be justified
                    at the cross??? If God has forgiven us then He has no wrath toward us

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2001, 03:30:00 PM »
Let me try and make this simple, Brother Herbert.  :) It is only the spurious teachings that make this simple doctrine so difficult. On the other hand, spiritual things are spiritually discerned. We need the Holy Spirit.

Try and block out human wisdom and go to the Bible only. Justification. Not hard to understand. Satan says you cannot have eternal because you have sinned. Jesus says that you can be "justified" in living forever because.....

Are we ok to this point? Sanctified. Holiness, purity, consecrated, righteous. This is not spoken of in terms of imputed righteousness, but rather "imparted" righteousness. It is character that is possessed in the human channel. Is this possible? If not, we would have to through away our Bibles and our faith.

Justification can occur because 1) Jesus paid the price for our sins. The wages of sin is death and all have sinnED. One sin and death. 2) Sinful man must come to Jesus in order to receive this gift. It is offered to all, but not all will come to Jesus. They will not give up all that they are and have. There is a requirement that Jesus makes. It is not enough that Jesus died. If that were the case all would be justified in living forever. The pearl of great price costs everything. Is it worth it? That is a really dumb question. Of course living forever with Jesus is worth everything we have and are. What do we give up? A sin stained life full of selfishness.

When we surrender and are "born again" we are then justified. What about character and righteousness? What happens when this "justification" takes place? Are we not told that we are born of the Spirit? Are we not told that we become partakers of the divine nature? Are we not given power to do all things? Yes, yes, yes!

It is Jesus that empowers us to do good. We do not wait until heaven. We do not wait until probation closes. We obey today. There is no excuse for sin. Jesus "IMPARTS" his goodness to us. He empowers (imparts) us to do what we know is right. This is called sanctification and it comes with the Spirit when we surrender. So, my brother you tied the two together and are correct. They may not be separated.

One last point. None will enter heaven without having obtained a righteous character. We err when we think only the 144, 000 will obey God.  The 144,000 will not sin. But, today many do not sin. But, if like Moses they take their eyes off of Jesus, they may repent. Not so with the 144,000. There will be no intercessor to forgive sin. No problem. These Christians know their God and love Him to the degree they will not sin. They know they need Jesus every moment. They have a love that keeps them through all temptation.

In review: justification by faith is believing that Jesus has forgiven my past sins and I have eternal life. Believing that the character of Jesus is not only imputed, but imparted so that I am perfect in my motives, my moral charater. I know myself, so this is very hard to believe that I can be good. I know how bad I really am without Jesus. By faith we can know that Jesus will give us this experience and has when we come to Him just as we are.

Notice in the Bible the multiple references to sanctified. It is past tense and ongoing. Many look to the future, but this is a mistake. We cannot be saved without being sanctified wholly.

It may take a little while to get the little seeds out, but we will get there.  :)

In His love and grace,      Richard

jherbertthompson

« Reply #118 on: June 20, 2001, 05:24:00 PM »
Brethern.  

>>Many have said they can not be apart to
which I do agree, so how can all be justified at the cross?  If God has forgiven us then He has no wrath toward us?

Ah!  Now it tis the question of the "wrath of God" tis it?  Romans 1: 18-28 [specifically verses 24, 26, and 28].  ???

THE QUESTION:  What was the problem with sin which the plan of salvation was devised to fix?  Was the problem with God?  Did God's attitude toward man need changing?  Had we, impudent little worms that we are, stepped on [so-to-speak] the toes of the one who had made up the "rules", and now "someone had to pay"?  And, since there had been a plan devised in heaven for just such an occassion; had God the Father; having given us all a life of "probation" on this earth in order to seal our choice as to whom we would serve, choosen -- rather than having each serve his sentence of "death", would "kill his own Son" in our stead, that all who choose could be saved?  :o

That is, you know, what many Evangelical Churches teach...And, as a matter of fact, that is the "opinion" which the SDA church took in the Fundamental 27 Belief's.  I'll have the cite for you tomarrow...Somewhere around pages 111-115 I think.  :(

Or, was the sin problem really with man?  Had something gone wrong with his attitude?  Was there something which needed fixing in his heart?

I have made a post earlier today, and it doesn't seem to be posted?  I'm going to let this stand for the evening...

Blessings to all!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #119 on: June 30, 2001, 06:05:00 PM »
It is an interesting thing to hear from those that Sister White changed her theology. I am always amazed how far the devil will go to do away with the Spirit of Prophecy. It ought not surprise anyone, he has done the same with the Bible.

Ellen White's teaching on the gospel is consistent from beginning to end. She always believed and taught that man was saved by grace through faith in the merits of a crucified and risen Christ. She had an experience in the things of God and spoke from a heart that loved not only Jesus, but those for whom He died.

After testifying such, I would like to say that I was not born and reared a Seventh-day Adventist. The truth led me into the Seventh-day Adventist Church and I quickly discerned that God had sent a modern day prophet to the world. The Spirit within testified to the truth of what I was reading in her published writings AND the Spirit within revealed that much of the Spirit of Prophecy being quoted by others in books and papers was an attempt to make God's prophet say things she never said.

This important topic of justification by faith was clearly understood by Ellen White and I will take a moment to post a few early and late statements to show her teaching was always in harmony with the Scripture.

"Every member of the family should bear in mind that all have just as much as they can do to resist our wily foe, and with earnest prayers and unyielding faith each must rely upon the merits of the blood of Christ and claim His saving strength." Depend Solely on Merits of Jesus--1862.  3SM 145

"There are dangers to be guarded against on the right hand and on the left. Those who are inexperienced, who have newly come to the faith, will need to be strengthened, and to have a correct example set before them. Some will not make a right use of the doctrine of justification by faith. They will present it in a one-sided manner, making everything of faith, and belittling works. Others will seize the points that have a leaning toward error, and will ignore works altogether. Now, genuine faith always works by love; it supplies a motive power. Faith is not an opiate, but a stimulant. Looking to Calvary will not quiet your soul into nonperformance of duty, but will create faith that will work, purifying the soul from all selfishness. In laying hold of Christ by faith, we but just begin our work. Every man has corrupt and sinful habits, that must be overcome through vigorous warfare. Every soul must fight the fight of faith. He who is a follower of Christ, cannot deal deceitfully; he cannot be hard-hearted and devoid of sympathy. He cannot be coarse in speech. He cannot be a surmiser of evil, an accuser of the brethren. He cannot be full of pomposity and self-esteem. He cannot be overbearing, using harsh words, and censuring and condemning those around him." Advent Review and Sabbath Herald 1-24-93

"The Message of Justification by Faith.

The Lord in his great mercy sent a most precious message to his people through Elders Waggoner and Jones. This message was to bring more prominently before the world the uplifted Saviour, the sacrifice for the sins of the whole world. It presented justification through faith in the Surety; it invited the people to receive the righteousness of Christ, which is made manifest in obedience to all the commandments of God. Many had lost sight of Jesus. They needed to have their eyes directed to his divine person, his merits, and his changeless love for the human family. All power is given into his hands, that he may dispense rich gifts unto men, imparting the priceless gift of his own righteousness to the helpless human agent. This is the message that God commanded to be given to the world. It is the third angel's message, which is to be proclaimed with a loud voice, and attended with the outpouring of his Spirit in a large measure." Special Testimony to Battle Creek Church pg 35.  1896    

"The danger has been presented to me again and again of entertaining, as a people, false ideas of justification by faith. I have been shown for years that Satan would work in a special manner to confuse the mind on this point. The law of God has been largely dwelt upon, and has been presented to congregations, almost as destitute of the knowledge of Jesus Christ and His relation to the law as was the offering of Cain. I have been shown that many have been kept from the faith because of the mixed, confused ideas of salvation, because the ministers have worked in a wrong manner to reach hearts. The point which has been urged upon my mind for years is the imputed righteousness of Christ. I have wondered that this matter was not made the subject of discourses in our churches throughout the land, when the matter has been kept so constantly urged upon me, and I have made it the subject of nearly every discourse and talk that I have given to the people." The Ellen G. White 1888 Materials  Danger of False Ideas on Justification by Faith pg 810, 811.  

This last statement expresses from the prophets own mouth that God had shown her what was to happen today with this foundation subject. How true the prophets words have become. Let  us grasp this subject with a clear mind and learn for ourselves from our Bible what it means to "justified by faith."

In His love and grace,    Richard