Author Topic: Justification by Faith  (Read 133318 times)

Glen

• Rescue the perishing, care for the dying...
Re: Justification by Faith
« Reply #220 on: April 23, 2012, 06:10:10 AM »
Behold, the fear of the LORD, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.  Job 28:28

I think it vitally significant, NOW, to consider the concern of God as He removed Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden; notice the "fear", as it were, with which God speaks of the possibility of sin being perpetuated throughout Eternity:

...the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: 23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. 24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life. Genesis 3:22-24

Does God, indeed rather, that man live forever? What type of man would God have live forever? -Man as one with Him! (See John 17) The description of the man of Romans 7:24 is obviously NOT a man united in purpose to the Divine.

O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin. Romans 7:24, 25

What is the "body" that "is dead because of sin"? Isn't it the "body of this death" (vs.24)?

...if Christ be in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness. Romans 8:10

Adam and Eve lost the Spirit's indwelling presence when they listened and acted upon the word of Satan, who had set himself up as God. The "fear of the Lord" that is "the beginning of wisdom", the "depart(ing) from evil" that "is understanding" is “the work of righteousness (NOW; that) shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.” Isaiah 32:17
...Jesus...will live through (YOU), giving (YOU) the inspiration of His sanctifying Spirit, imparting to (YOUR) soul a vital transfusion of Himself. Sabbath-School Worker 02-01-96.03  ...as the blood

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #221 on: April 23, 2012, 06:38:07 AM »
Amen!  You are absolutely right, Billie. When one makes a full surrender of the whole heart, they possess eternal life. Jesus said this "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit. One has life when he possesses Christ in the heart. When the heart it converted, then there is a hatred of sin.  Do you hate sin, Billie?  Do you dislike my Bible? You left out half of Romans 8:1. "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

Many false teachers hate this verse because it is contrary to what they believe and what their experience is.  They do not walk in the Spirit, but they claim eternal life "now" in their sin. Such a deception!  What do you think, Billie?  Is my Bible wrong?  Is it untrue that one must walk in the Spirit to have life?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Glen

« Reply #222 on: April 23, 2012, 01:48:27 PM »
...put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof. Romans 13:14

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. Galatians 5:16

The Lord Jesus loves His people, and when they put their trust in Him, depending wholly upon Him, He strengthens them. He will live through them, giving them the inspiration of His sanctifying Spirit, imparting to the soul a vital transfusion of Himself.—Sabbath School Worker, February 1, 1896.

...Christ must dwell in your hearts, as the blood is in the body, and circulate there as a vitalizing power. On this subject we cannot be too urgent. Testimony Treasures Volume 3, Page 177

The Holy Spirit is the breath of spiritual life in the soul. The impartation of the Spirit is the impartation of the life of Christ. It imbues the receiver with the attributes of Christ....

It is by the Spirit that the heart is made pure. Through the Spirit the believer becomes a partaker of the divine nature. Christ has given His Spirit as a divine power to overcome all hereditary and cultivated tendencies to evil and to impress His own character on His church....

When the Spirit of God takes possession of the heart, it transforms the life. Sinful thoughts are put away, evil deeds are renounced; love, humility, and peace take the place of anger, envy, and strife. Joy takes the place of sadness, and the countenance reflects the joy of heaven. No one sees the hand that lifts the burden or beholds the light descend from the courts above. The blessing comes when by faith the soul surrenders itself to God. Then that power which no human eye can see, creates a new being in the image of God.

The Holy Spirit is the breath of spiritual life in the soul. The impartation of the Spirit is the impartation of the life of Christ. It imbues the receiver with the attributes of Christ....

The religion that comes from God is the only religion that will lead to God. In order to serve Him aright, we must be born of the divine Spirit. This will purify the heart and renew the mind, giving us a new capacity for knowing and loving God. It will give us a willing obedience to all His requirements. This is true worship. It is the fruit of the working of the Holy Spirit. By the Spirit every sincere prayer is indited, and such prayer is acceptable to God...  My Life Today 46

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. Ecclesiastes 12:13

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. Hebrews 4:1
...Jesus...will live through (YOU), giving (YOU) the inspiration of His sanctifying Spirit, imparting to (YOUR) soul a vital transfusion of Himself. Sabbath-School Worker 02-01-96.03  ...as the blood

Glen

« Reply #223 on: April 23, 2012, 02:46:25 PM »
The Holy Spirit, which proceeds from the only-begotten Son of God, binds the human agent, body, soul, and spirit, to the perfect, divine-human nature of Christ. This union is represented by the union of the vine and the branches. Finite man is united to the manhood of Christ. Through faith human nature is assimilated with Christ’s nature. We are made one with God in Christ.  Selected Messages Book 1 251

...In His person humanity, inhabited by divinity, was represented to the world... God's Amazing Grace 14.03

When we individually rest upon Christ, with full assurance of faith, trusting alone to the efficacy of his blood to cleanse from all sin, we shall have peace in believing that what God has promised he is able to perform. As Christ represented the Father, so we are to represent Christ to the world. We cannot transfer our obligation to others. God desires to make known to you what is the richness of his glory, that you may preach the mystery of salvation to those around you,—Christ in you the hope of glory.  The Review and Herald March 5, 1889.06

asygo

« Reply #224 on: April 23, 2012, 05:29:28 PM »
Romans 8:1

"Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." (NASB)

You left out half of Romans 8:1. "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

I find these two translations of Rom 8:1 to be equivalent. "Who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit" is not an additional requirement, but simply a description of what it means to be "in Christ Jesus."

Jesus always did and always will walk after the Spirit, so it is impossible to remain in Him and walk after the flesh. One must choose between Jesus and the flesh.
By God's grace,
Arnold M. Sy Go
-end-

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #225 on: April 23, 2012, 10:44:09 PM »
Amen!  Hello Billie, we await your reply. Romans eight is so very clear on this subject. It is impossible to twist one verse amid the first half of the chapter.  It makes a clear statement that supports what Jesus said in John chapter three. That which is born of the Spirit is Spirit and that which is born of the flesh is flesh. If we have not His Spirit, we are none of His. But, if we have His Spirit, then we are not under condemnation because we act according to His Spirit. All of the fruits of His Spirit are seen in the life, not one is missing. It is Christ, not I.  It is why John said "Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother." 1 John 3:7-10. 

It is such a blessing to not have to interpret what is being said. A child may understand when the verses are presented in context instead of just presenting one verse and twisting it. From Genesis to Revelation we see that when we allow Jesus to take possess of the heart, then there is a radical change in the character. The fruit has become beautiful since it comes from a good tree instead of a bad tree.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

billy

« Reply #226 on: April 25, 2012, 01:55:39 AM »
Romans 8:1

"Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." (NASB)

I made a reply and used Romans 8:1

billy

« Reply #227 on: April 25, 2012, 02:00:07 AM »
Romans 8:2

"For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and death."

Free from the law of sin and death, good news because the life that Christ gave is free to all who come, just as we are.

Glen

« Reply #228 on: April 25, 2012, 05:56:36 AM »
Yes! Impenitent sinners come to Jesus just as they are; their response to the Gospel and Doctrine of Christ is entered into, initially, by a proud heart; however, the Love manifest by God through Christ transforms the soul with it's glory, and nothing else enthralls the attention.

Genuine faith will be manifested in good works; for good works are the fruits of faith. As God works in the heart, and man surrenders his will to God, and cooperates with God, he works out in the life what God works in by the Holy Spirit, and there is harmony between the purpose of the heart and the practice of the life. Every sin must be renounced as the hateful thing that crucified the Lord of life and glory, and the believer must have a progressive experience by continually doing the works of Christ. It is by continual surrender of the will, by continual obedience, that the blessing of justification is retained. Selected Messages Book 1, Page 397.01

Those who are justified by faith must have a heart to keep the way of the Lord. It is an evidence that a man is not justified by faith when his works do not correspond to his profession. James says, “Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was his faith made perfect?” (James 2:22). Selected Messages Book 1, Page 397.02

“The condition of eternal life is now just what it always has been,—just what it was in Paradise before the fall of our first parents,—perfect obedience to the law of God, perfect righteousness. If eternal life were granted on any condition short of this, then the happiness of the whole universe would be imperiled. The way would be open for sin, with all its train of woe and misery, to be immortalized. The Review and Herald  November 11, 1915.01

“It was possible for Adam, before the fall, to form a righteous character by obedience to God’s law. But he failed to do this, and because of his sin our natures are fallen, and we cannot make ourselves righteous. Since we are sinful, unholy, we cannot perfectly obey a holy law. We have no righteousness of our own with which to meet the claims of the law of God. But Christ has made a way of escape for us. He lived on earth amid trials and temptations such as we have to meet. He lived a sinless life. He died for us, and now he offers to take our sins and give us his righteousness. If you give yourself to him, and accept him as your Saviour, then, sinful as your life may have been, for his sake you are accounted righteous. Christ’s character stands in place of your character, and you are accepted before God just as if you had not sinned. The Review and Herald  November 11, 1915.01.02

“More than this, Christ changes the heart. He abides in your heart by faith. You are to maintain this connection with Christ by faith and the continual surrender of your will to him; and so long as you do this, he will work in you to will and to do according to his good pleasure. So you may say, ‘The life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.’ So Jesus said to his disciples, ‘It is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.’ Then with Christ working in you, you will manifest the same spirit and do the same works,—works of righteousness, obedience.”—Steps to Christ, 67, 68.

“The faith essential for salvation is not mere nominal faith, but an abiding principle, deriving vital power from Christ. It will lead the soul to feel the love of Christ to such a degree that the character will be refined, purified, ennobled. This faith in Christ is not merely an impulse, but a power that works by love and purifies the soul. It accomplishes something, bringing the soul under discipline, elevating it from defilement, and bringing it into connection with Christ, till it appropriates his virtue to the soul’s need. This is saving faith.”—The Review and Herald, August 18, 1891.

The heavenly intelligences will work with the human agent who seeks with determined faith that perfection of character which will reach out to perfection in action. To every one engaged in this work Christ says, I am at your right hand to help you.—Christ’s Object Lessons, 332.

As the will of man co-operates with the will of God, it becomes omnipotent. Whatever is to be done at His command, may be accomplished in His strength. All His biddings are enablings.—Christ’s Object Lessons, 333.

I think it vitally significant, NOW, to consider the concern of God as He removed Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden; notice the "fear", as it were, with which God speaks of the possibility of sin being perpetuated throughout Eternity:

...the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: 23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. 24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life. Genesis 3:22-24

Does God, indeed NOT rather, that man live forever? What type of man would God have live forever? -Man as one with Him! (See John 17) The description of the man of Romans 7:24 is obviously NOT a man united in purpose to the Divine.

That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death... Philippians 3:10

Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Romans 6:12

To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, 11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: Ephesians 3:10, 11

For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. 2 Corinthians 4:11

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #229 on: April 25, 2012, 06:06:55 AM »
You left out half of Romans 8:1. "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

Many false teachers hate this verse because it is contrary to what they believe and what their experience is.  They do not walk in the Spirit, but they claim eternal life "now" in their sin. Such a deception!  What do you think, Billie?  Is my Bible wrong?  Is it untrue that one must walk in the Spirit to have life?

It appears as if he left it out because it is not included in the NASB, the version he quoted. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+8:1-2&version=NASB

Several other translations exclude the 2nd half of that verse. :(

For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #230 on: April 25, 2012, 09:00:36 AM »
Romans 8:2

"For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and death."

Free from the law of sin and death, good news because the life that Christ gave is free to all who come, just as we are.

Amen! But, Billie, as a Bible teacher we are asking you for the meaning of the verse, not just the blessings. 

8:2   For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 

Let's take the verse in context and break it down into two parts.

1)  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus

2)  hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Share with us what Christ is saying through the Apostle Paul  What is "the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus"? And what does it mean to be made "free from the law is sin and death."  And we ask that you keep your teaching in harmony with the verses before and after, especially verse 1; "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." 

billy

« Reply #231 on: April 26, 2012, 02:47:14 AM »
1)  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus

That can only be the gospel. Jesus is the "gospel"

2)  hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Go back to verse one and we see there that those who are in Christ do not come into "judgement". Verse two only clarifies what was said in verse one. Stating that the sinner who comes to Christ is saved, the gospel shown to us again.

Glen

« Reply #232 on: April 26, 2012, 04:38:13 AM »
I like the way those holy men of God, (2 Peter 1:21), describe redemptione:
God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. John 3:17-21

When Christ lives in the penitent sinner, the life lived henceforth is of God; IF, the penitent sinner goes forth ABIDING in Christ, with Christ constantly ABIDING therein. Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end. Hebrews 3:6 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself. 2 Timothy 2:13 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20 The Word of God; Christ dwelling in you richly, quickly becomes THE watchword of the Christian. (See Colossians 3:16) This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them... Hebrews 10:16

...The time will come when many will be deprived of the written word. But if this word is printed in the memory, no one can take it from us; and it is a talisman that will meet the worst forms of error and evil. MR No. 1437—Preach The Word    Manuscript Releases Volume Twenty page 64

When the soul surrenders itself to Christ, a new power takes possession of the new heart. A change is wrought which man can never accomplish for himself. It is a supernatural work, bringing a supernatural element into human nature. The soul that is yielded to Christ becomes His own fortress, which He holds in a revolted world, and He intends that no authority shall be known in it but His own. A soul thus kept in possession by the heavenly agencies is impregnable to the assaults of Satan. But unless we do yield ourselves to the control of Christ, we shall be dominated by the wicked one. We must inevitably be under the control of the one or the other of the two great powers that are contending for the supremacy of the world. It is not necessary for us deliberately to choose the service of the kingdom of darkness in order to come under its dominion. We have only to neglect to ally ourselves with the kingdom of light. If we do not co-operate with the heavenly agencies, Satan will take possession of the heart, and will make it his abiding place. The only defense against evil is the indwelling of Christ in the heart through faith in His righteousness. Unless we become vitally connected with God, we can never resist the unhallowed effects of self-love, self-indulgence, and temptation to sin. We may leave off many bad habits, for the time we may part company with Satan; but without a vital connection with God, through the surrender of ourselves to Him moment by moment, we shall be overcome. Without a personal acquaintance with Christ, and a continual communion, we are at the mercy of the enemy, and shall do his bidding in the end. The Desire of Ages 324

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #233 on: April 26, 2012, 09:13:10 AM »
We want to be more specific as to what is being said, Billie. What is the "law of sin and death"?

What is "the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus"?

Paul is talking about two laws, or principles of life.  It is the context of his teaching in Romans chapters six, seven, and eight.  He is presenting to us these important laws of life. One, the law of sin and death, the other the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus. They are two different ways of living. One is death, the other is life.  As Paul continues in Romans eight, you will see what he is saying. He continues along the same path talking about the need to follow the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus. If we walk in the light as Jesus is in the life because we have His Spirit we are  not under condemnation. But, if we walk in the flesh, following the law of sin and death, then we are under condemnation.

Billie, how can we tell if  we are walking in His Spirit? How can we tell if we are walking in the flesh?

billy

« Reply #234 on: April 26, 2012, 11:38:55 PM »
"Billie, how can we tell if  we are walking in His Spirit? How can we tell if we are walking in the flesh?"

Even the very best Biblical characters were sinners. Whether ones sins a little bit or to a large degree we are all sinners. All in need of saving grace. So sin does not determine if we are walking in the spirit or not. The very best of us are sinners. In fact Paul said he was the chief of sinners.

billy

« Reply #235 on: April 26, 2012, 11:42:49 PM »
Looking at the outward way of life Judas was a fairly decent sort of a guy. They denied their Lord and both were sorry. One came and looked at the cross, the other looked the other way. Both were sorry for their actions. Walking in the spirit is accepting Jesus as ones own Saviour.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #236 on: April 27, 2012, 07:05:54 AM »
... sin does not determine if we are walking in the spirit or not.
The Bible says differently. Consider this verse again: Romans 8:1. "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

Galatians 5:16  This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

There are other verses we could include but these say it plainly enough. The Spirit does not and cannot cohabitate with sin and label someone "in the Spirit" while the lusts of the flesh are in the life.

Have you ever studied the differences in clean and unclean relative to the Spirit? Or holy and unholy?

For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #237 on: April 27, 2012, 10:28:23 AM »
Billie, it appears you are having a hard time understanding what Paul is teaching. Instead of arguing with you over this one verse, go ahead and tell us verse by verse what Paul means from Romans 8:1-14. We are going to give you the floor to teach what you believe Paul is saying in these verses. Do a very thorough job of explaining each verse, and use Scripture to support your teaching.

billy

« Reply #238 on: April 27, 2012, 12:18:19 PM »
Am I getting the right impression that the folk think that the law can be kept by us and we will live a life of sinlessness?

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #239 on: April 27, 2012, 02:12:28 PM »
Billie, your ideas are not Biblical. We have given you opportunity to explain what Scripture says, you are not doing very well. You want to argue. We do not. Share with us what Romans 8 is teaching. Your failure to do so, illustrates your failure to understand the foundation of our faith. You live a life out of harmony with God, you do not have the fruits of the Spirit in your life and therefore you want to judge the Bible by your experience and by that which false teachers have taught you. There is no excuse for your unloveliness. An ill temper or dishonesty is not excused by God. Christ died that you might be forgiven and born again of His Spirit. You remain, like Nicodemus in the garden, born of the flesh. You need to be filled with the Spirit of Jesus, then you will manifest the fruits of the Spirit.  There is no excuse when Jesus has offered you His Spirit. He promises you a "new heart".  Listen to what God said through Ezekiel:  "Therefore say unto the house of Israel (God's church), Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went." 36:22.  Billie, what does God mean when He says we have profaned His name? He means that we have misrepresented Him with our evil characters. Yes, every time you sin and I sin, we profane God's name in the presence of the world. That does not give glory to God, Billie. You are running around telling everyone that they can not have power to resist sin. That they must sin. No, Billie, that is what you are saying, God does not say it.

God said through John: 

1 John
 2:1   My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 
  2:2   And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world. 
  2:3   And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 
  2:4   He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 

And again from Ezekiel:

36:26   A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 
  36:27   And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do [them]. 

When God puts His Spirit within you, Billie, He will cause you to walk in His statutes and you will keep His judgements and do them. Your theology, Billie, is not in harmony with Scripture. We are not taking one verse or two verses out of context. You are fighting against God, not us. You cannot harmonize your few verses you have been taught wrongly with all of the Bible.

Listen to Jesus, Billie:

Matthew

19:16   And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 
  19:17   And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 

Billie, you would change the command of Christ and tell us that none can do what Jesus told the rich young ruler to do. You are wrong, Billie. Christ does not lie. He said, "if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments."  In other words, if you want to have eternal life, you must obey the commandments. But, you say, "impossible". No, Billie, Jesus is right and you misunderstand. When you sin, you crucify Jesus afresh. You misrepresent Christianity.  Jesus loves you and died for you. He will forgive you and cleanse you from all of your unrighteousness. But, the wages of sin is death. If you refuse the cleansing that Jesus offers, you will not enter heaven. I know you have been misled by false teachers, but, Billie, you have a Bible, you have ears to hear. The Holy Spirit is speaking to you right now. Don't push Him away. Let Jesus come into your heart today. Let His grace transform your life. Become a new creature in Christ Jesus. Let the "old man" die and receive all of the fruits of His Spirit. Love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance. This is the way in which we are to judge who is born of the Spirit and who is not.  If you want a few other things that will help, here is who we are told will not enter the kingdom of God.  "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,  Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,  Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." Galatians 5:19-21.    You want to excuse those who manifest these sins. You do not think grace has power to transform the life. You have no peace, Billie. There is no peace in a lie. But, there is great peace in the truth.

We can go on and on, Billie. From Genesis to Revelation, God says the same thing. He sent Jesus here to give us peace. He came to not only forgive us, but to change us. He came to live within us, to give us power to love those who hate us. Can you do that, Billie. Can you love the unlovable? That is power, the power of grace. If you can do that, Billie, you can keep the rest of the commandments, through the indwelling Spirit of God.  Is it easier to walk on water or to love your enemy?  The greatest miracle that God can do is to recreate sinful man in His image. You say no, but God says He will.

"But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." 2 Cor. 3:18.