Author Topic: Prayer request - Lewis  (Read 47826 times)

Sister Dee

Re: Prayer request - Lewis
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2010, 07:29:06 PM »
Amen! 

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2010, 08:01:50 PM »
I miss Lewis. I kept looking for him, and then finally asked you where he had gone. Yes, we will pray for him, he was with us, studied with us, prayed for us..and with us. Lewis, if you read this, we miss you!!
Dora

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2010, 04:23:01 AM »
I think about him often, and pray for him and his family every day.  I hope he keeps Rom. 8:28 and Isa. 41:10 always in mind.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Lewis

« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2012, 09:23:10 PM »
It has been a difficult 2 years for the family. Many things took place in our home and lives that I thought would never happen to us. When the time is right I will talk about a few things. Some things I will only speak of in private, and some things will never be spoken of. I asked God to do something. What ever He wanted. I told Him that I did not want to hurry Him in looking for answers, but that it seemed the wait had been too long, and that under the circumstances, could He hurry! God answered. The answer I know came from Him before I realized it, but did not recognize this until 2 weeks ago, and changes are slowly starting to take place in the home. It seems when you take a stand and fight for what you understand and know to be truth found in the bible and Spirit of Prophecy, and speak out about the things occurring in our church and our lives... the enemy of truth is there to destroy. Satan tries to destroy the family. It seemed that all was a total loss at several points over the last 2 years. But God in His time was there all along. God will be victorious in this home. The choice is mine... the choice belongs to each of us. By saying yes, all with be fine! By saying no... the ending will be sad! Choose ye this day whom ye will serve! For me and my house, we will serve the Lord!

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2012, 03:07:54 AM »
Welcome back, Lewis.  I've been praying for you every day.  Rom 8:28 is true, even when it doesn't feel like it.  It is good to know that things are improving for you.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2012, 05:41:26 AM »
Lewis... it is indeed great to have you back and joining us again.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2012, 05:45:03 AM »
What a blessing to hear from you, Lewis. You have ever been in our prayers, and will continue to be.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Sister Dee

« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2012, 07:46:08 AM »
Amen!  It is good to have you back with us, Lewis!   :)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2012, 08:58:57 AM »
Lewis, it is good to have you back!  You're so right, all who are trying to serve God with the whole heart will be assailed.  All who are standing for truth are fighting great battles.  Satan has many tools in his battle against truth, but if God be for us who can be against us!  It is not by power nor by might but my Spirit saith the lord of hosts.  We will continue to pray for you and your family!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2012, 12:24:21 PM »
Lewis, I join with the others in welcoming you back. You and your family and been in my thoughts and my prayers. If we will keep praying and interceding for one another, God will bless us and take care of us. This is a lesson I am learning.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Dora

« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2012, 01:16:06 PM »
O! Dear Lewis, my heart jumped in my throat, when I saw your name! I have missed you, and have so wondered where/how you and family are doing, but felt that you did not want to be bothered by us.

So many things, both good and bad, have happened in our family since talking with you. One terrible tragedy, we lost our dear grandson (33 years old) to drugs last September. He left behind his grieving wife with our great grandsons, Cooper is 2 1/2 and Casey will be 1 next month. It has been so bad, not only the loss, but to see our son suffer as he has from the loss of his son.

A good thing, our granddaughter, Elizabeth has been living with us for these last two years, going to nursing school. She graduates on May 8, as a RN, after doing an intense 4 year course in two. Now, praying for God to put her in just the right place He wants her to work.

Yes, welcome back, Lewis, and do let us hear from you...often!

In His Love,
Dora
Dora

Lewis

« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2012, 06:26:43 PM »
Thank you all for your kindness, love and prayers. It is sad to hear of the news that has happened to many. Such a negative and sad world in which we live. I will also keep everyone in my prayers as well. Someday soon, we will be all together when Jesus comes!

Dora

« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2012, 08:16:33 PM »
Yes, Lewis, I am certainly thankful that we have that Blessed Hope, and a better world to look for. I have been studying quite a bit on Character Transformation, as I do so want to be more like Jesus! Here is a link to some sermons by Kameron DeVasher, our GC president's son-in-law. They are probably the best I have ever heard, or they struck me that way.

https://www.audioverse.org/english/sermons/recordings/3695/character-transformation-part-4.html

Dora

Lewis

« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2012, 07:19:44 PM »
Thank you so much Dora! God bless, and a wonderful Sabbath to you :)

Marelis

« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2012, 11:34:09 AM »
It has been a difficult 2 years for the family..........God will be victorious in this home. The choice is mine... the choice belongs to each of us. By saying yes, all with be fine! By saying no... the ending will be sad! Choose ye this day whom ye will serve! For me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
I am very sorry to hear that your family has been through these obviously awful difficulties, Lewis, but I am moved by your resolve and determination. Yes, many of God's people are being assailed at the present time, and our families are especially targeted because this is what hurts the most.  Satan wishes to bring discouragement and weariness, but it seems that God is allowing us to be tested for a reason, to confront and to strengthen us for what is soon to come upon the world.  My hope and prayer for you and your family is that your faithfulness will be abundantly rewarded all in good time.
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

Lewis

« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2014, 05:58:30 PM »
My wife is having major surgery early Wednesday morning in Ann Arbor, Michigan. She is having a disk replaced in the lower part of her spine, and then having a cage with screws put in around it. Also they are going to move the sciatic nerve because of changes in the spine, disks and tail bone. The doctors said that this appears to be something from a birth defect. There are also other issues happening with the spine and other disks.

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2014, 07:45:15 PM »
Lewis, I will keep your wife's surgery in prayer that everything will go as it should and she will recover quickly.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2014, 08:52:17 PM »
Amen. Good to see your post, Lewis.  Will be praying Wednesday morning for your wife and the surgeon.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2014, 03:48:40 AM »
Hey Lewis... you can know that I will be adding my prayers also.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #99 on: December 16, 2014, 04:54:32 AM »
Amen. Mine, too. Bless you and your family during this ordeal.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89