Author Topic: Prayer request - Lewis  (Read 47823 times)

Lewis

Re: Prayer request - Lewis
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2008, 07:41:06 PM »
Still praying here!  Any news? 

My wife will have another scan done in the middle of this week. And another follow up the week after down in the big city. If the scan shows that this is getting worse, then surgery will have to be done. We hope not, because we are told that it would be very complicated.

Lewis

« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2008, 02:54:42 PM »
God has provided for us through this ordeal we have been going through. Sunday, the elder from the church north of us who owns a trucking business came by with a dump truck full of wood, vegetable, fruit and bread. There is about 5 to 6 cords worth of wood to be sawn and chopped. Each of the poles are 15 foot in length, and anywhere from 6 to 18 inches through.

Also, this same church is trying to get others from the area churches to get togeather to help out in getting us another van. The elder knows an SDA in California who works at a Toyota dealership. This person had found a Toyota Sienna with 50,000 miles and was willing to let it go for a price that was amazingly cheap compared to what they will sell it for on the lot, or what a person would sell it for by the book. They would let it go for several thousand less, but at this time, the money is still being collected.

God is also providing for us to be able to pay for our bills as well. Just as we need help, He provides for us.

My wife is still having quite a bit of pain, and her energy does not last long. Tomorrow she will have another scan done to see how things are progressing. Hopefully, she will not need another surgery to clear up some things. If they were to perform another surgery to help clear up this blood clot, it will be a complicated surgery from what the doctor has said. There would be more possible complications from the surgery than the problem itself. The problem is occuring where the gall bladder was removed. And is not a clot like what some people get from the way the doctors have described it.

God has blessed us in a great way. My wife could have died that evening if we had not gotten her to the emergency room, and also if the elk that we hit in the van would have been running a different direction, the consequences would probably have been quite different. We praise God for His blessings!

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2008, 06:41:25 PM »
 :o  Fabulous, Lewis! Praise the Lord!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2008, 08:24:06 PM »
God is GOOD! He does indeed provide for His children! We rejoice with your family dear brother. It is a blessing to see that God is working through His church! 
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Sister Dee

« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2008, 09:38:29 AM »
This is so wonderful to hear how God is providing for your family, Lewis!  I'm still praying for Stephanie's healing and that she won't need more surgery. 

Lewis

« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2008, 08:46:56 PM »
My wifes results from the scan came back today... and the blood clot has gotten smaller. So we thank and praise the Lord for doing this.

We also thank the Lord for the many, many prayers that everyone here on TRO have has given for my wife. Thank-you for your love for Jesus in doing this and what He has done in your lives.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2008, 12:19:00 PM »
We rejoice with your dear brother!  God is GOOD! We continue to pray for your wife and family.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Sister Dee

« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2008, 09:03:49 AM »
That's wonderful, Lewis!  I'm praying for Stephanie's continued recovery and strength. 

Lewis

« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2009, 02:13:06 PM »
Please pray for my youngest daughter. We are taking her back to the emergency room. 103 temp. I can not get her temperature down. She went in yesterday. Lungs, ears, throat and nose were clear. They did a swab test to see if she had influenza. It came back negative. They think she may have whooping cough, yet she does not cough much. They just basically took a guess.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2009, 02:29:24 PM »
We certainly will, Lewis. It can be difficult with our little ones. I have one home with me today as well.

Vicki

« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2009, 02:34:26 PM »
I will be prayng for your little girl. I'd rather be sick than have my child sick.

Esther 7

• http://
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2009, 02:52:07 PM »
Lewis she is in our prayers, as is your entire family. I know how frightening it can be to have a child sick during this time. I have two that have been sick for over three weeks. Fortunately no fever at this time. Remember, the Lord is holding her in His mighty hands.

God bless!

Lewis

« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2009, 08:03:44 PM »
She was just a little dehydrated, but not too bad. They did quite a few more tests, and did not find much. They still can not explain why she has the high fever, red throat and very pale.

Thank you for your prayers, it is very much appreciated, and God bless everyone here on TRO.

Vicki

« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2009, 08:14:06 PM »
Lewis she is in our prayers, as is your entire family. I know how frightening it can be to have a child sick during this time. I have two that have been sick for over three weeks. Fortunately no fever at this time. Remember, the Lord is holding her in His mighty hands.

God bless!

Esther, Your children are in my prayers too. Yesterday began week #4 for an illness I caught from our son - he had it 2 weeks, but I just can't seem to shake it. One good morning & I over do it and am down for the rest of the day and the next day, followed by a good morning so I try to catch up and boom, back down....  :P 

On the upside, I relaxed in a sauna for the past 2 days.  :D

Esther 7

• http://
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2009, 11:13:32 PM »
Thank you so much Vicki, and you are in my prayers as well. I hope you are feeling better after the sauna. ;)

It's been similar for my kids. It started out for my daughter with a fever and all, and she was sick for about two weeks, so I finally got her on antibiotics since it could have been a secondary infection causing the trouble. She started doing better, forgot to finish up her antibiotics, then relapsed. So I had her get back on a second course of antibiotics and finish them and she seems to be doing better.

My son just seems to have a lingering cough now, so I am praying that they are both on the mend. It was a trying time to be sure considering that it was during the flu outbreak and so many people dying in Mexico. It has been a real faith builder!

Lewis

« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2009, 02:09:41 PM »
I have a big thankyou today for the protection God gave me while on the trails. I was out running and was at about mile 12 when I stepped down with my left foot about a foot from the side of the trail and realized it was a snake. It was too late to stop or jump since I was propelled at that point with both feet off the ground. I think I stepped on the tail or came really close to do doing so. I was moving fast enough and was about 8 feet or so past it when I heard a funny sound. It did not sound like the rattle that some have described for rattle snakes. I stopped to take a closer look and saw that indeed it was a 3 ft. rattle snake.

Brian M

« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2009, 04:43:45 PM »
We are thankful too, Lewis. God was certainly watching over you!
Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law. Psalm 119:18

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2009, 06:11:23 PM »
Amen!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2009, 11:08:38 PM »
Lewis, at times we may not think that God is at our side, but He is. You have been given evidence today. God loves us and wants us to know that He is there. And, the rattlesnake wanted you to know he was there also. He was just a little late in his warning.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2010, 06:25:16 PM »
I miss Lewis. His absence on the forum is felt. We need to keep this brother in prayer. His difficulties have been tremendous and have taken a huge toll upon his heart and that of his family. Let us not forget him. He is our brother. He was once among us.