Author Topic: Prayer request - Lewis  (Read 47824 times)

Sister Dee

Re: Prayer request - Lewis
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2008, 07:55:10 PM »
Praise the Lord!  That's wonderful news, Lewis!  I am praying for her recovery and for the Lord to meet all your needs.  Take good care of your dear wife!

Lewis

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2008, 08:09:20 PM »
My wife came home today!

I have another praise for God. The doctors told her that this problem caused her liver to be in bad shape. According to the test run up here, the indications were that her liver was getting pretty bad. Also, her vital signs had not been good either. They were amazed that she came around so fast! so they could perform the needed surgery on her. Well... we know that the Lord performed this miracle in answer to prayers for His honor, praise and glory!

Thanks again everyone for your prayer for my family.

Linda K

• Wordkeeping
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2008, 08:34:20 PM »
To God be the glory! Thank you, Jesus.

Sister Dee

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2008, 09:01:11 AM »
To God be the glory! Thank you, Jesus.

Amen! 

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2008, 08:44:50 AM »
Lewis, give us an update on Stephanie. How is she progressing?
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Lewis

« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2008, 09:34:38 AM »
Stephanie is really wore out and tired. She is having a lot of pain in her body. She is not sleeping much at night. She is having some other issues as well, and the doctor said this morning that if she continues with these certain issues, she will have to be checked out again at the hospital. These other issues are fever, excessive pain, vomiting.

Sorry that the update is somewhat negative and depressing.

Yes, God brought her through the surgery. If the problem would have been prolonged just a while longer, things would have been worse. And we thank God for what He has done for her.

Maybe nothing is really serious here. She has been in the hospital once since coming home to check for possible blood clots. It may be just that her system is so wore down from all that has happened over the passed year, that this is just her systems response to everything at this point. She has had 2 other surgeries in the past, and she never responded in this way. God will help her through this. He has promised to never forsake those who love and trust in Him. We are keeping "our heads up" and keeping our faith and trust in our Lord and Savior.

Now that we look back over the last year. We have some valid ideas to why this happened. It would take quite a lengthy post. It would be more like a testimony to how God has led us and what has happened in our lives.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2008, 10:19:27 AM »
She is ever in our prayers. Thanks, Lewis.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2008, 10:45:55 AM »
Amen!  God is in control of all!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Lewis

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2008, 03:06:33 PM »
Please pray for my wife. We as a family are very... down in the dumps right now. I can not tell you how we feel at this time... it is not good.

My wife had a a scan done today, and she has a mass near where she had surgery from 3 weeks ago. We have no one in the family or church to really help us. And the doctor in Denver wants her to come down right away. Please pray for Stephanie.

This seems to unreal, we can not fathom this. I can not explain it.

Sister Dee

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2008, 03:10:58 PM »
Praying right now, Lewis, for Stephanie and all of you! 

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2008, 06:33:44 PM »
Lewis, dear Lewis. My prayer is a way will open up for Stephanie to get to Denver and even above that, my prayer is that the Lord will sustain you and your family during the many trials besieging you. Your family is ever, ever in my prayers.

Linda K

• Wordkeeping
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2008, 07:07:56 PM »
Lewis, I'm praying for you and your family! God will certainly hear and answer our prayers! Be encouraged by this thought:

“The Father’s presence encircled Christ, and nothing befell Him but that which infinite love permitted for the blessing of the world. Here was His source of comfort, and it is for us. He who is imbued with the Spirit of Christ abides in Christ. The bow that is aimed at him falls upon the Saviour, who surrounds him with His presence. Whatever comes to him comes from Christ. He has no need to resist evil, for Christ is his defense. Nothing can touch him except by our Lord’s permission, and ‘all things’ that are permitted ‘work together for good to them that love God.’ Rom 8:28 MB71.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2008, 07:31:39 PM »
Amen, Linda - perfect words from the Lord's servant!

Stephanie is on her way to Denver. That is answered prayer! Thank you, Heavenly Father! Lewis should have some news on Stephanie tomorrow.

Prayer is the answer to every problem in life.  It puts us in tune with divine wisdom
which knows how to adjust everything perfectly.

So often we do not pray in a given situation because from our standpoint the outlook
is hopeless.  But nothing is impossible with God!

Nothing is so entangled that it cannot be remedied.  No human relationship is too
strained for God to bring about reconciliation and understanding. No habit is so
 deeply rooted that it cannot be overcome.  No one is so weak that he cannot be
made strong.  No one is so ill that he cannot be healed.  No mind is so dull that
it cannot be made brilliant.

Whatever the need or desire, if we trust God, He will supply it.  If anything is
 a cause of worry or anxiety, let us stop rehearsing the difficulty and trust God
for healing, love and power.

- EGW, R&H, Oct. 2, 1865

Lewis

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2008, 09:35:21 AM »
“The Father’s presence encircled Christ, and nothing befell Him but that which infinite love permitted for the blessing of the world. Here was His source of comfort, and it is for us. He who is imbued with the Spirit of Christ abides in Christ. The bow that is aimed at him falls upon the Saviour, who surrounds him with His presence. Whatever comes to him comes from Christ. He has no need to resist evil, for Christ is his defense. Nothing can touch him except by our Lord’s permission, and ‘all things’ that are permitted ‘work together for good to them that love God.’ Rom 8:28 MB71.

Yes, I have gone over this quote many times. It is hard some times to apply it personally.

Yesterday was difficult. We heard and saw 3 different reports. The bad thing was the fact that I heard the doctor and a nurse at different times on their phone... they did not realize I over-heard their conversations during these different points in time... speak of my wifes condition. Then when they came to us at these different points in time, they did not give us full details to what was happening.

The first report that I heard was that my wife had pancreitis, and a tumor on it. And her blood test were elevated. The second report came that stated some of the blood work was elevated and some was not. Also, that there was a soft tissue mass. After getting home, the report that we read said it was a soft tissue mass where the gall bladder had been removed, which was not near the pancreas.

From late last night into this morning, we hear that they think it is a blood clot where the gall bladder was removed. So they are going to keep her in through Friday. If it does not go away and/or get smaller within time, they will have to do surgery. The doctor did say, that if she has to have this surgery, it will be a difficult surgery due to being behind the rib and next to the liver and kidney area.

Sister Dee

« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2008, 04:38:52 PM »
Lewis, I've been wondering how Stephanie is feeling otherwise?  I'm so sorry that you've been on this emotional roller coaster.  It is hard, I know.  We are still praying for all of you!   

Lewis

« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2008, 04:48:21 PM »
Lewis, I've been wondering how Stephanie is feeling otherwise?  I'm so sorry that you've been on this emotional roller coaster.  It is hard, I know.  We are still praying for all of you!  

She has a lot of pain in the stomach area. But they have been giving her I.V.'s and pain medicine that is making her feel high.

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2008, 07:14:18 AM »
Lewis, my heart and prayers go out for Stephanie, and for you and your girls.  How hard it must be for Stephanie as you have to leave her, and how hard for you and the girls.  I pray that she will know the presence of God's angels around her bed.

Miracles do still happen, as of course, you believe.  And, as Stephanie lies there in pain, I pray she can reach out and "touch the hem of Jesus' garment" and be healed, either by a miracle, or by the doctors' knowing how to treat her.
And, I pray for you and the girls as you go through this time of pain and uncertainty.
Dora

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2008, 05:32:23 PM »
Lewis, I have been, and will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Sister Dee

« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2008, 08:38:43 AM »
Still praying here!  Any news? 

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2008, 10:28:39 AM »
We too, are praying, dear brother.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.