Author Topic: Prayer request - Lewis  (Read 47952 times)

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Re: Prayer request - Lewis
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2008, 05:58:50 PM »
Dear Father in Heaven, we pray tonight for special help and guidance as Lewis deals with this frightening situation. Please send an extra army of angels to help. We are all sinners in need of your mercy but tonight Lewis' family is in great need. Please guide the hands of the surgeons and their minds as they diagnose his wife's condition. Thank you for always being here!  In Christ's name, Amen!
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2008, 06:07:01 PM »
I just called Greg in CA, and we had a special prayer for Stephanie.  I will keep in prayer for her.  God knows their needs, and He knows how much she is needed in that home.  May He send angels to care for those dear children.
Dora

Lewis

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2008, 06:20:12 PM »
My wife has been sick on and off for about the last year. They kept on diagnosing Anxiety. Filling her with pills. Ones that are not good.

Today she was very sick. We were 35 miles to the south, and had to rush back up here to the emergency room. She told me that she felt like she was dying.

The doctor told me: Your wife is a very sick girl. She will have to have her gall bladder out, and she has kidney stones. These stones are blocking the only 2 passages out which in effect is affecting the kidneys, liver and gall bladder. How she got these??? We have kept pretty close eye on what we eat. I do not know much about these types of problems and what causes this.

We are going to be making a trip to the flat lands tonight to the St. Anthony hospital. Please pray for her and my children. This does dramatically affect the job situation and living.

We are depending on the Lord for He is the only One who can help us.

I thank everyone for their concern and prayers and thank you that we have an extended church family that loves our Saviour Jesus Christ.

Sister Dee

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2008, 06:52:14 PM »
Oh, Lewis!  I am praying for all of you! 

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2008, 07:12:15 PM »
Oh, yes! And Diane, you have had a very tough year as well. Know that Jesus and His angels are with you and your family. What a tough year.

It never ceases to amaze me at the strength shown by those on this very forum, coming to those who absolutely trust in the Lord. Many live lives of silent sorrow, heartaches unknown to most of us - yet they endure, patiently endure the trials that come to them. What a testament to the power of God to hold us ever so gently in His hand.

Again, Psalms 103:

Psalm 103

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.
He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.
The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.
He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger forever.
He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.

For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.

For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.
As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.
For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.
But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;
To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.

The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.
Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.

Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.
Bless the LORD, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the LORD, O my soul.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Lewis

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2008, 10:24:36 PM »
Praise the Lord we were not hurt  :)

We left tonight to head to the big city. As we were approaching the pass, underneath the mine, an elk ran out in front of the van. I was doing about 50mph and slowed to about 25 to 30mph (I think) upon impact. I did not want to swerve since we were in a hair pin turn at about 11,200 feet elevation. It seemed like I saw everything in slow motion. Very graphic. The impact threw the elk almost 20 feet.

I got out to see the damage to the van and the elk. I saw its friend standing on the side of the road waiting for it to get back up. I felt terrible for the poor creature. Then I noticed that steam was coming out the front, got back in the van and drove it to the top of the pass to the security building. The sheriff came for a report and we got the van towed back for a hefty price.

This elk dented the hood along with a sharp crease, and broke in the grill which punctured the radiator. We do not know of any other damage as of yet. No windshield damage... pretty amazing since these windows on Toyota Previas are huge, and no broken head lights.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2008, 06:05:51 AM »
Wow... Lewis... all I can say is praise God that no one was hurt. All my words right now would seem superficial so I'm just gonna quote something.

Job 42:12So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning:....
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Brian M

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2008, 07:15:15 AM »
Wow... Lewis... all I can say is praise God that no one was hurt. All my words right now would seem superficial so I'm just gonna quote something.

Job 42:12So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning:....

Amen Jim.
Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law. Psalm 119:18

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2008, 07:16:50 AM »
And Amen!

Larry Lyons

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2008, 09:12:30 AM »
Lewis, I Praise God that no one was hurt! I pray that God will be with you and your family, and will envelop your wife with his love and healing touch. I know you have faith that He will sustain you through all this. Amen to the text from Job.

Sister Dee

« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2008, 10:25:00 AM »
Thanking the Lord with you, Lewis! 

Linda K

• Wordkeeping
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2008, 02:08:55 PM »
Lewis, I have been praying for you and your family as well. Praise God for his protection and care for us. Satan is angry at God's people and wants to destroy us, but God is faithful. Prayer is powerful!

Lewis

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2008, 10:26:23 PM »
I would like to praise God for what I believe is an answer to prayers today for my wife. They used a scope today to check out her gall stones and the blockages from them. These blockages from what I understand now were in the liver and pancreas area, coming from the gall bladder.

They also went to make a cut so that these stones could pass easier. When they went to check, it was mentioned that many of the stones had disappeared. I told my wife I believed God had a hand in this. How could such a blockage from what I have understood almost disappear so quickly? God provided some kind of means to cause this to happen.

Tomorrow morning she will go in for the gall bladder removal.

Yes, God is providing and working. Yes, it has been difficult for me in this. Naturally I want to have some type of "say" or "control" in matters. But I readily realize that the only thing I can do is pray, and depend on the Lord for all things.

Thankyou everyone for your prayers for my family. Praise God for the loving kindness of those who love Him.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2008, 05:30:17 AM »
Stunning news, Lewis! We continue with prayers today for Stephanie and your family.

Sister Dee

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2008, 09:06:37 AM »
That's encouraging news, Lewis!  I am praying for your Stephanie's quick and complete healing. 

My son went through a similar situation a few years back, although he has no gallbladder.  (That's another story!)  He, too, was so very sick because of the blockages and ended up with a blood infection and pancreatitis.  He was advised by the folks at Loma Linda to never allow himself to become dehydrated.  So, drinking lots of water is a good idea.

Still praying for all of you here! 

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2008, 02:29:59 PM »
Great news, Brother Lewis!!  We rejoice with you and continue to pray for your wife, your children, and you!  Jesus is coming soon and He is getting us ready to meet Him in person!!   

Angels are at our side when these difficulties come! One day, by God's grace, we shall see how many times we have been saved.

Seems like Moose would be like horses when hit by a car. Very dangerous because of their long legs they can come through the windshield and hit the passengers. God has kept you and your wife safe. Praise His holy name!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Lewis

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2008, 04:59:04 PM »
I just got a call from the hospital. My wife came out of surgery, and they said she is doing fine. If all goes well, they will send her home this weekend possibly.

Because this problem had been ongoing, and they did not diagnose it until now, she will be quite weak and tired for some period of time. But the Lord can overrule if He so desires.

It appears considering the complications, the extent of time she has been sick, knowing how she responds to surgeries, and being in the altitude in which all this happened, God has done a miracle for His honor and glory.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2008, 05:37:13 PM »
This is great news, Lewis. And yes, the Lord can overrule anything, but she will need rest for some time. In the past, this surgery with a large incision would take some people close to a year for full recovery. With technology of laparoscopic surgery and other microinvasive procedures, it is so much quicker - yet even with these, her recovery will require much rest.

What a blessing this is to know she came through just fine and will soon be home. We praise His Name for answers to our prayers.

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2008, 07:29:21 PM »
She needs time to rest, Lewis, and lots of Tender, Loving Care.  I had something as minor as a squamous cell carcinoma removed from my face two years ago, and I sure wanted some support.  Anytime that they say something like,"you will be put to sleep," I get scared.  I am praying for her to feel Jesus very close to her at this time.  Also, for all of you.
Dora

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2008, 07:55:25 PM »
Thanks for letting us know how the operation went, Brother Lewis.  We will continue to pray for your wife's health. Have a blessed Sabbath!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.