Author Topic: The Hebrew Sanctuary  (Read 193251 times)

Dorine

Re: The Hebrew Sanctuary
« Reply #340 on: November 05, 2018, 12:09:34 PM »
My daughter and I have been having the most wonderful study every week on the Sanctuary. We have been using Haskell's book. What a blessing. We also watched Messiah's Mansion and the short film that Richard's wife did on the sacrifices. We have decided that when we are finished we want to start over again. We haven't brought any questions here because our study has been answering any questions we may have. My daughter can't understand why no one in the church seems interested in studying this subject.

There are 4 things I'd like to share here that we have learned about the day of atonement that relates to us today. (in a nutshell)

1.  Type: Lev. 23:27. "It shall be a holy convocation unto you."  All were to assemble for worship.
Antitype: Heb. 10:25.  God's people should not forsake assembling together as the end draws near.

2.  Type:  Lev. 23: 27, 29.  In the type, all were to afflict the soul, spend the day in "prayer, fasting, and deep searching of heart."
Antitype: Luke 21:34-36; Isa. 22: 12-14.  The admonition is, "Watch,...and pray always," and avoid surfeiting and drunkenness.

3. Type: Lev. 23:27.  "Offer an offering made by fire," an entire consecration.
Antitype:  1Thess. 5:23; Rom. 12:1. The whole spirit, and soul, and body are to  be fully consecrated to God.

4. Type: Lev. 23:30.  All personal work was to be laid aside on the day of atonement.
Antitype: Luke 21:34-36; Matt. 6:32,33. The cares of this life are not to come in and  crowd out God's work.

If you have never studied the subject of the sanctuary you are missing a great blessing. If we understand the gospel as taught in the sanctuary service we will not be led astray by any 'other' gospel.

But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Hebrew Sanctuary
« Reply #341 on: November 06, 2018, 07:22:54 AM »
Amen, dear Sister!  It was God's chosen method to present the plan of salvation to Israel (and the world) prior to the cross. The sancturay and its services all pointed to Christ, His suffering and death, and thus the grace of God which is what transforms sinners into saints.

In 1844 the anti-typical Day of Atonement began. In Daniel we are told "I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment [was] white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne [was like] the fiery flame, [and] his wheels [as] burning fire. A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened," and in Revelation we read "the hour of His judgment is come." Thus, we understand that there is a judgment going in heaven today.

Satan has worked hard to distract us from the truth regarding the Day of Atonement. We hear very few sermons being preached on what the Day of Atonement involves. Why? Because the gospel is brought to view. The gospel involves God's grace which transforms sinners who accept the grace of God in forgiving our sins. The judgment in the Day of Atonement is not the judgment of God as many teach, but it is the judgment of those who have professed to serve God. The Books that are opened reveal the truth about the hearts of everyone who professes to love God. Their words, deeds, thoughts, and motives are all written down and will reveal who is living in harmony with the law of God who is not. In other words who have been transformed in nature by the grace of God, those who truly love Jesus with the whole heart.

As we near the end, we shall hear this message presented in the context of Rev. 14:6,7.  "And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters." Notice it is the gospel message that precedes the explanation of the judgment. But, both grace and justice are the foundation of the government of God.

In the Hebrew Sanctuary and its services we find the foundation truths upon which the New Testament truths sit. In order to understand the work of our Savior today in the Most Holy Place in heaven, we must first understand the lessons given in the Old Testament. God will bless all who study the Bible in order to know God and His plans for us today.

Thank you for sharing His blessings with us dear Sister Dorine. Continue to testify to the blessings that we all might be likewise blessed.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.