Author Topic: Abide in Me and I in You  (Read 89985 times)

James Saptenno

• http://
Abide in Me and I in You
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2000, 01:45:00 AM »
Abide in Me and I in you, live the life I have lived. All My life showed love, agape love. A love that consider some one and than give him or her what he/she need. I know what you need, I know your weakness, I know your strength, I know your desires, I know all about you. And I have given up my life for you, nothing will I hold from you. Ask, and you will receive. Even you don’t ask it, I give it to you.

Do I have such love? How to change my selfish love?

But this one thing I do, FORGETTING those things which are BEHIND and REACHING FORTH unto those things which are BEFORE. I press toward the mark for the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. (Phil. 3:13,14). LOOKING unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith (Hebrew 12:2).

Everyday afresh with new vigor and new hope, focusing on Christ that lead me in faith and brings my faith to perfection.

In His love

James S

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Abide in Me and I in You
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2000, 03:03:00 AM »
Amen and amen!  We do not trust in feelings, but rather in the promises of God. Each of us is given a measure of faith, but saving faith comes from spending time with Jesus. We learn to trust Him. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word.

Love for those who do not love us is the evidence that we are abiding in Christ. As we press towards the mark keeping our eyes upon Christ, He will keep us in His hand. He will hear our prayer for grace to overcome! It is His promise to His believing child. He will finish the work He has begun.   :)
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Allan F

Abide in Me and I in You
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2000, 01:12:00 AM »
"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which espitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

How true it is that love for everyone is the evidence of being a child of God. And a good place to test if we have this kind of love, is in the home. Do I live Gods love in the home?

Except from the last events in the life of Christ, what has made most impression to me, is the chapters in the Desire of Ages about his childhood and how he lived Gods love in the home. Even though his brothers and friends not allways treated him very good, he loved them. If you have time, please read those chapters.

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." (Mat 22:37-40)
Can you think of any better foundation or basis to build a kingdom? Of this reason, Heaven will all be love. And Jesus now wants and is able to give this kind of love to all who want this gift. In the same way as Nicodemus, we too may wonder how we may be born of "water and spirit". Jesus answer to Nicodemus' question is the most known bible verse in the world. Why then, are there so few who experience the new birth?

Allan F

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Abide in Me and I in You
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2000, 05:39:00 AM »
Amen, Brother Allan.  Why are there so few? Many are called but few are chosen. Most will not sacrifice that which Jesus calls them to, and many will not accept the humiliation of Christ. Pride is a stumbling block.  All may do both if they would come to Jesus just as they are. We cannot overcome pride or selfishness in our own strength, but we must go to our Saviour and He will give us grace. We must learn of Him.

There is another reason why so few are truly converted. God has a church that those seeking Christ and His gift of eternal life might succeed, but that church is feeble and erring to the point that there is much confusion about simple doctrine such as the "new birth". The church will seldom rise above their teacher and many teachers have need to be taught themselves the beautiful truths that Christ gave Nicodemus that night in the garden almost 2,000 years ago. How many Seventh-day Adventists have access to a Desire of Ages? Then, are not they prepared to learn these truths on their own? Yes. Then the command "Ye must drink my blood and eat my flesh," will produce this new life in Christ Jesus.

Jesus waits for patiently for us to come to Him that we might do the work entrusted to us as a people.   :)
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Gerry Buck

Abide in Me and I in You
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2000, 07:38:00 AM »
I forgot about reading D of A.
Been a while since I have opened that book,but,I remember all the peaceful times I had reading it.
Gonna get it out today and open it again,guess if you need fuel,go to the gas station.
Thanks ,y'all.

------------------
He is LORD!
May He come soon.
Gerry

Examine me, O LORD, and prove me: try my reins and my heart.Ps.26:2
Gerry B.

M.A. Crawford

Abide in Me and I in You
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2000, 02:01:00 PM »
Other than the Bible Itself, I believe the book Desire of Ages is the most important book one can read because it deals exclusively with the life of Christ. And we all certainly need to get to know Him better as we seek to order our lives after His Example.

As we approach the time of trouble, we all need to study our Bibles more and the spirit of prophecy writings of Ellen G. White in order to receive the spiritual strength we need to help us through the difficult times that lie ahead. This is why we do not need to engage in what I call "theological distractions" (such as WOPE, drinking wine with dinner, homosexuality as an accepted lifestyle, and many others) that waste our precious time that we do not have to waste. The Bible and the General Conference have already spoken on these issues. While there is still time, we need to make doubly sure that we are THOROUGHLY rooted and grounded in the Word of God and are able to confirm EVERYTHING we believe in on a plain "Thus saith the Lord!"

M.A.  

M.A.

Gerry Buck

Abide in Me and I in You
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2000, 06:24:00 PM »
Bro. Richard,
You know,I read your first post after mine and today I finally noticed your question.
It appears to me that God said He would put His spirit in me to cause me to grow in character like Him and to empower me to live the REAL Christ like life .
I'm a little slow,but I catch the train eventually.  

------------------
He is LORD!
May He come soon.
Gerry

Gerry B.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Abide in Me and I in You
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2000, 06:05:00 AM »
Brother Gerry, I wanted you to see that promise before we got too far into the reality of our condition. Notice it is a promise! A most precious promise that we all can claim as we look to Jesus for our wisdom and our strength. No matter how greivous the sin, Jesus will give us new hearts, each day, if we will come to Him just as we are. He will reveal His love and this will cause us to love Him. This "seeing" His love breaks our hard hearts and allows the Holy Spirit to come into our them. By beholding we become changed. It is a spiritual law and an intellectual law. It is up to us to behold Jesus. I might suggest a book. The Desire of Ages. It would be a great blessing to spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Christ. It is God's plan for our salvation.  :)

Gerry Buck

Abide in Me and I in You
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2000, 04:58:00 AM »
Yupper,I have a copy.
I take my daughter to her physical therapy and that would be a good time to start reading it again.
You have a good week.
God bless.

------------------
He is LORD!
May He come soon.
Gerry

Gerry B.

Gerry Buck

Abide in Me and I in You
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2000, 05:32:00 AM »
Been a while since I came here.
I have another question to throw out......in refards to "Love your neighbor as yuourself",
; what if,you run into someone that doesan't love themselves,in fact,they don't even like themselves,How do you deal with this situation?
Thanks for your patience.

------------------
He is LORD!
May He come soon.
Gerry

Gerry B.

M.A. Crawford

Abide in Me and I in You
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2000, 01:36:00 PM »
Bro. Gerry, I believe the Bible text "...Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself" (Matt 19:19), is saying to us that we should care about and be just as  concerned for our neighbor as we are for ourselves. I do not believe this text applies to those who do not love or even like themselves because this was part of Christ's response to the rich young ruler who had asked: "...what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life" (vs. 16)? Consequently, I do not believe those who do not love or even like themselves are individuals who are striving for eternal life.

"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you"... (1 Cor. 6:19)? A true Christian will love himself by not profaning his body with unclean foods or impure thoughts. He/she will keep his/her body free from all that is inconsistent with God's Word because it is where the Holy Ghost resides. Therefore, a person who does not love himself cannot truly love his neighbor because true Agape love comes only from God.

M.A.    

M.A.

James Douglas

Abide in Me and I in You
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2000, 10:22:00 PM »
Dear Forums

I am more interested in the peoples whom Christ rejected because they have done iniquities. What is their “iniquities” seeing the fact that they are too a believer? And whoever believe in the Son will be saved.

Please share your thoughts.

In His love

James S.

charlene

Abide in Me and I in You
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2000, 04:27:00 PM »
dear James,

All of God's promises are conditional...He asks us to come to Him 'in LOve" and go to others "in love". Those that serve God for the reward only, will be disappointed, htis is 'Self Righteousness'.  We find this record in Math 7:21

7:21  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

7:22  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

7:23  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Also: 1 Cor. 13:1-13

please read the above reference.  you will see that a person can believe...but if he has not the love of Jesus in your heart, you can do many things but it will 'profiteth nothing'.    Works, must be done in the Spirit of Christ, not in the flesh [self] to be acceptable to God.

This Day with God---PG- 315
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith.
Heb. 10:22.
    There can be no true prayer without true faith. "Without faith it is impossible to please him" (Heb. 11:6). Prayer and faith
are the arms by which the soul hangs upon the neck of infinite love, and grasps the hand of infinite power. God does not recognize dumb children, as far as experience in His truth is concerned. Faith is an active, working power. The newborn faith in Christ is revealed by prayer and praise. Prayer is a relief and a comfort to the troubled soul. The sincere, humble suppliant at the throne of grace may know that he is communing with God, through the divinely appointed means, and that it is his privilege to understand what God is to the believing soul. We must
have a realization of our needs. We must hunger and thirst after life in Christ and through Christ. Then we shall come to Him in
humility and sincerity, and He will give us the faith that works by love and purifies the soul. . . .

God Bless

------------------
charlene

charlene

James Douglas

Abide in Me and I in You
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2000, 09:19:00 AM »

Sister Charlene.

Does it means, these people includes them that reject the truth of the Sabbath keeping? If they really loves God, then they will exalt God’s law above human law, am I right? Otherwise they love more their earthly belongings.

In His love

James S.

charlene

Abide in Me and I in You
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2000, 03:39:00 PM »
Those that will be lost when Jesus comes will include those that are sabbath keepers and non sabbath keepers. Some people have not been converted into Christ...they serve God to GET for themselves and not to Glorify their Creator. Their motive is self, they may keep the letter of the law but have not the love of Jesus in their hearts.

Some that know not all of the commandments, but live up to all the light that they have and love God supremely and their neighbor as as themselves will be ready and waiting for Jesus to come and live with Him for eternity.

All saved will display their Love of God and for Others, by the obedience to God's commands, and the light of truth that they have had.   God Bless,

------------------
charlene

charlene

M.A. Crawford

Abide in Me and I in You
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2000, 05:24:00 PM »
Permit me to briefly add my comments to the excellent responses that have already been made on the subject of Christ and His rejection of those who have committed iniquities.

Christ knows the human heart (mind). If He rejected anyone it was because He knew it was futile to try to convince a person of the principles of the Gospel of salvation whose mind was closed to His teachings.

As a matter of fact, we humans reject Him before He rejects us. Christ came to seek and to save that which was lost. He left His glorious abode in Heaven and came to this earth knowing He would be humiliated, despised, and rejected of men (Isa. 53:3). Yet, HE CAME ANYWAY! Therefore, because of this great love Christ has for the human race, I don't see how anyone can miss seeing that Christ would not come such an  unthinkable distance to reject anyone who honestly and truly wants to be saved (But some people play games, and Christ knows this).

Finally, there are "degrees" or levels of belief that determine whether an individual believes unto salvation. Some "Christians"  want to believe what they want to believe, but salvation does not work that way. True belief in God will be DEMONSTRATED in the life by way of adhering totally and fully to the Word of God without reservation and ordering one's life after the Divine Likeness of Jesus Christ.

M.A.

M.A.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Abide in Me and I in You
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2000, 11:59:00 AM »
Amen, Brother Crawford!  I believe, take away my unbelief. Believing is not enough for salvation, we must believe with all the heart. There can be no "unbelief" for there no greater sin than the sin of unbelief.

M.A. Crawford

Abide in Me and I in You
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2000, 07:51:00 PM »
Speaking of believing, 1844 is a theme that should always be kept before us because it is so very important to know where Christ is and what He is doing right now in our behalf.

The Investigative Judgment is going on RIGHT NOW as Christ ministers His Own Blood on our behalf in the Most Holy Place as our High Priest as He performs the work of cleansing the Sanctuary (Dan. 8:14).

Some Seventh-day Adventists believe this and some don't.  The important point in all of this is, whether we believe it or not, one thing is sure: we MUST give an account of things done in the flesh since we have confessed Christ. This is why judgment must begin with the house of God (1 Peter 4:17) to determine one's fitness for Heaven. As a result, it is so very important that we make sure EVERY DAY that we are following after the Divine Example of Jesus Christ in what we say, do, and think because we do not know when OUR OWN NAME will come up before the Judgment Seat of Christ to receive the injunction of Revelation 22:11.

Let us work the works of Him who sent us while it is still day; because when night cometh, no man can work (John 9:4).

M.A.  

M.A.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Abide in Me and I in You
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2000, 09:26:00 PM »
Amen, Brother Crawford!   I agree that we reject Christ forever, before He leaves us and directs the angels to leave us. We close our own probation by searing the heart by rejecting truth. This hardening of the heart occurs a little at a time and eventually we can no longer hear the Holy Spirit speaking to us. Then our probation is closed. We have rejected the way God speaks to us, through the Holy Spirit.

James Douglas

Abide in Me and I in You
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2000, 08:50:00 AM »
Happy Sabbath.

Are these people who will be rejected by Christ they that works for God in His field? Christ rejection is because they have done iniquities, is it breaking a specific law (Sabbath) or is it because they did not do the will of God the Father? And we know that the Father will is : Listen to His Son (Matthew 17:5). And the Son said: “If you believe me and love me, do My works and keep My commandments” (John 14:12,15).

I think the main issue of this rejection is they did not keep His commandments, they ignore the existence and credibility of the seventh day Sabbath.

In His love

James S.