Author Topic: Gospel Hymns  (Read 3747 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Gospel Hymns
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 10:34:00 AM »
Amen, Richard. Who cannot help but shed a tear when the song, "It is Well" is either sung or played? That is one of the most moving hymns I have ever heard to say nothing of the story behind it. It was my grandpa's favorite. He and I used to sing it together when I was 10 and he was 55. Even then we cried.

For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 07:06:04 AM »
As the Gospel is taken to all the world, sometimes there is no musical instrument to accompany the singing of hymns. This is a good alternative, especially when beginning new churches from branch Sabbath Schools and those churches with no musician to play the piano or organ. http://www.35hymns.org/  I had this set of CDs for years and have only recently passed them on to some people who would also appreciate them and use them in various venues.

You will see every song in the new hymnal has been recorded on both the piano and organ. All verses to each song are played. Various opening/closing services music is also included. I hope this valuable musical tool can be utilized as we sow the Gospel seed!  
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 05:57:35 PM »
See the first post in this thread for list of recorded hymns to listen to.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.