Author Topic: Purpose of The Remnant Online/Please Make First Post Here. Part 7  (Read 80948 times)

Plain Adventist

• In Search of Primitive Godliness
Re: Purpose of The Remnant Online/Please Make First Post Here. Part 7
« Reply #180 on: December 21, 2011, 04:10:26 AM »
Thank you for your words of welcome, Richard and Sybil! I will try to participate as I am able.

Blessings,
Amy
Amy Pavlovik ~~ “The strength and spirituality of the people of God are manifest by the distinctness of the line of demarcation which separates them from the world.” SW 17

Beacon

« Reply #181 on: January 18, 2012, 03:42:58 PM »
" The greatest want of the world is the want of men - men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by it's right name, men whose conscience is a true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. "  EGW - Education - Pg. 57 Par.3

"Father, make me into a fit vessel of service for You."

In His Love, Beacon (Sharing the Light of God's Love )
Look up and listen for the shout.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #182 on: January 18, 2012, 03:47:17 PM »
Wow - you are profound and to the point in your very first post! Welcome, Beacon! We are very happy to have you!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Dorine

« Reply #183 on: January 18, 2012, 03:55:45 PM »
Welcome Beacon. Enjoy your new family.  :)
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #184 on: January 18, 2012, 04:06:53 PM »
Thanks so much Sybil & Dorine for your warm welcome - Hopefully together we can all gain strength and encouragement for the times through which we are now passing. I love the old song that says...
" It's me, It's me Oh Lord...Standing in the need of prayer." I read just recently that " the angels wonder why we pray so little when so much strength and power is available but we ask for so little.".  I believe it was John the Baptist who said..." I must decrease so that He can increase "  That's my goal, for Jesus said, " without Me you can do nothing "

In His Love, Beacon

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #185 on: January 18, 2012, 05:18:57 PM »
Amen, my brother.

Look around and make yourself comfortable in a study or something lighter in our Social Hall. Again, we are pleased to have you. We are here to strengthen each other. It won't be long now!

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #186 on: January 18, 2012, 05:32:05 PM »
Hello Beacon, welcome to TRO.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #187 on: January 20, 2012, 06:26:27 AM »
Jesus said, " without Me you can do nothing "

Amen!!  It  is a hard lesson to learn!  Without Christ we only have self and self is not good.  Welcome Beacon!  You have pointed to the solution to our problem and the reality of how powerful God's grace is. It transforms fallen sinful man to make him a spectacle before not only our world, but the unfallen worlds also. We are to be His witnesses that the end may come. Let us press together and hasten the soon coming of our Lord.

Again, welcome to our online family!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #188 on: January 21, 2012, 08:00:17 AM »
Beacon, I love your avatar. It makes me think of the Lion of the tribe of Judah protecting His children. :)
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Beacon

« Reply #189 on: January 24, 2012, 09:09:30 AM »
Thank you all for your embracing welcome. It is my prayer that my presence will encourage everyone to be like Daniel -- you know the story. Please pray that I can.....

DARE TO BE A DANIEL
DARE TO STAND ALONE
DARE TO HAVE A PUPOSE FIRM
DARE TO MAKE IT KNOWN

"If God be for us...Who Can be against us" Romans 8:31

billy

« Reply #190 on: March 31, 2012, 06:10:50 AM »
G'day to everyone. Just trying to find where things are at the moment.

Dorine

« Reply #191 on: March 31, 2012, 08:47:28 AM »
Welcome Billy. So glad to have you join us. You will not regret your decision. It's a warm and welcoming family of God. I've been a member for almost 2 years now and I only wish I could have known about it sooner. There are many subjects to navigate. I still have not searched them all. May your experience here be the blessing to you that it is to all of us at TRO.
Looking forward to getting to know you.  :)
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #192 on: March 31, 2012, 03:17:26 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Billy.  Your greeting suggests a possible Aussie connection.  Are you from down under?  It's one of my favorite places--that I've never been to.  :(  Anyway, I hope your time here will be a blessing to you.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

billy

« Reply #193 on: March 31, 2012, 09:54:20 PM »
Sure thing mate.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #194 on: April 01, 2012, 08:10:01 AM »
Yes, welcome to our online family, billie!  It is always a blessing to have brothers and sisters from far away online with  us.   We are one large family that will soon see Jesus face to face. Let us press together on the foundation  of Bible truth that we may hasten the soon coming of Jesus. 
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

carls365

« Reply #195 on: April 16, 2012, 11:46:21 AM »
Glad to be a part of this forum. I'm a pretty new Christian and have so much to learn. My parents were always SDA's so being a small child, I had to attend church with them for a few years but soon left the church in my teens and for many years, lived in the world and doing all it had to offer. It dismayed my parents but I had to find out for myself what was this "world" they always talked about that I was shielded from during my pre-teen years.

Fast forward 50 years, my dad contracted a terminal disease and it was during this time when I cared for him I heard the Lord calling.

My dad had all of Ellen G. White's books he collected from the 1950's.  Each time I saw them on his bookshelf, it would terribly anger me, I guess because during my church years, I heard all those hard to understand things in church I didn't want to hear.  Well, about a year after my dad's passing, I had to finally clear out his room and there was those Ellen White's books.

As I was boxing them, a voice said, "set that one aside" it was the Desire of Ages, then came The Great Controversy, Steps to Christ, Ministry of Healing and half dozen others. Once I started reading, I couldn't stop and read each book cover to cover, pretty amazing since the most I've ever read in my life was perhaps a half-inch thick book.

For the first time in my life, I knew Who Jesus was, His life and mission in this world and His great promise, and so those hated EGW books suddenly became precious to me.

It was as though Jesus was saying "you've seen the world, now it's time to come to Me"

In the years since, I've been reading on the Internet a lot of SDA church sites, forums, and blogs which is quite an eye opening experience! I've become keenly aware of those deceptions so subtle, that even the elect can be fooled working right in our midst and apparently is being highly successful.

carls365

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #196 on: April 16, 2012, 11:48:48 AM »
Carl, God bless you. What a beautiful testimony.

carls365

« Reply #197 on: April 16, 2012, 04:14:57 PM »
Thanks Sybil, yes even though my teens years and the church relationship was not a pleasant one, there is one thing I learned back then, that there is a God that created all things and that same God is with us always, through thick and thin, all adversities and will return one day.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #198 on: April 16, 2012, 05:18:19 PM »
Amen! I can testify to that! Many of us should have been dead by now but by His grace He saved us from ourselves so He can finish the work He began. And if we told everything there is to tell on how we have seen His hand in direct action in our lives, no one would believe us.   

colporteur

« Reply #199 on: April 16, 2012, 05:26:08 PM »
Welcome Carls365;

That's the kind of testimony we need to hear more of. Yes, becoming an SDA is a wonderful and painful experience. But so it is in the world as well. When one joins the church and seeks to be faithful he takes alot of shots and blows. This is part of the humilty and refinement process we must go through.
  I look forward to hearing more from you.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.