Author Topic: Crude Oil Prices  (Read 91253 times)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Crude Oil Prices
« on: October 15, 2007, 04:41:00 PM »
Just in the news - not yet on the web - crude oil prices jumped over $2 today. This places a barrel of oil at $86.13. Forecasters expect it to go to $100/barrel before the end of the year and over $112 by this time next year.<P>Just found this:  <A HREF="http://www.oil-price.net/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.oil-price.net</A>
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Crude Oil Prices
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 08:39:00 PM »
It is time to generate more electricity with nuclear power and solar power and to break up the oil companies. But, these are political solutions that require honest politicians.   :(  Being we are at the end of time, don't count on any political solutions to our great problems. Expect higher costs of everything.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Crude Oil Prices
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 10:59:00 AM »
As these prices continue to increase, many of us will be looking for many alternatives that affect our daily living as well as church attendance and grocery shopping. Not only gasoline for automobiles, but home heating as well - natural gas/propane.

I have two appliances that continue to use propane. Water heater and cooking range. Around here the price of gasoline is equal to that of propane. Typically I order 100 gallons of propane twice yearly - so far it costs $600 per year just for those two appliances and that is at $3/gallon.

I can see me getting a wood-burning cook stove and switching to electricity for the water heater as there is no possible way to afford a solar system.

However, gasoline for my vehicle is another matter. What happens when the saints can no longer afford to go to church or to buy expensive groceries brought in on expensive gasoline/deisel trucks?

There seems to be a sinister conspiracy and the wrong side is in charge of the economy.  

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Crude Oil Prices
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 02:46:00 PM »
Yes, it is all planned, but our food and water will be made sure....IF we are trusting in Him.

You can create a solar hot water system will little money. It will not heat all of your water year round, but it can reduce your need for fuel quite a bit. You just need a southern exposure so the the sun will preheat your water for you. It can be really simple to more complex depending your abilities and your resources. Think about this. Put two 50 gallon barrels on the south side of house where sun will hit the barrels all day long. Build a box on sides, bottom, and back. Line with insulation.Place dual pane glass on front and top. Run cold water supply line into barrels and out to water heater. Water into barrels at bottom and out to heater from top of barrels.

Insulation can be composed of many things. Glass is usually available from remodels for nothing. Plastic could work, but not as well.  Want more heat?  Place mirrors or foil around barrels to direct more sun onto them.  Or you could just place the barrels in the sun and in the summer you will reduce your need for fuel a lot with just this simple addition. Why not use the sun to preheat your water?

Of course you can build a more sophisticated system with a little help and a little more money. Take care to not use hot water for drinking and cooking. The easiest way in the summer to save money is to just run your water through plastic hose and into your water heater. But, this is not as safe since the heat will cause some chemical to bleed into the hot water.

It all takes a little time and some resources, but the wise will understand where we are headed and make provision for the days ahead.

Running water pipes through a wood stove is another way to pre-heat water going into the hot water heater. The warmer the water is going in the less fuel needed to heat the water. Also, a well insulated tank will help a lot also.  

Now....to take take some of my own advice!!!   :)  Lord give the time to do so!!  

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Crude Oil Prices
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 03:24:00 PM »
Oh, yes - I know our water and bread are sure if we are obedient. And praise the Lord for it!

I truly appreciate what you have described. Interestingly enough, a friend described something like this only a month ago. Now I hear it twice, so it is on the agenda. If I can carve out time from studying and this online forum, it will get done! Thank you, Richard!

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Crude Oil Prices
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 05:08:24 AM »
Crude oil prices = $105.14/barrel

Cop

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 04:05:10 AM »
Regular gasoline is now selling for $5.39 per gallon in places in California according to last night's news.

Are we strengthening our faith now so that we can stand when the time comes that many of us can not afford to drive to church for fellowship? Do we now have such a close walk with Christ that we will be able to stand when we are alone?

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 04:44:44 PM »
Just in the news - not yet on the web - crude oil prices jumped over $2 today. This places a barrel of oil at $86.13. Forecasters expect it to go to $100/barrel before the end of the year and over $112 by this time next year.<P>Just found this:  <A HREF="http://www.oil-price.net/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.oil-price.net/</A>

It would be nice to have a barrel of oil at $86.13 again. Today = $116.69

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 10:25:33 AM »
It's even higher today.

We will appreciate the internet even more when we cannot afford to drive to church on Sabbaths because of the price of gasoline. Gathering with the saints takes on a whole new meaning at this rate! Then there will be the difficulty of how do we get food when the price of food is so expensive we can't afford that either?

This is insane!

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 11:29:04 AM »
The Crude Oil Reserve 8 Times Bigger
than Saudi Arabia's

While oil demand grows higher by the day, supplies are in a constant state of flux…

The Middle East’s tinder is constantly catching fire, and the other major crude oil players are either unfriendly (like Venezuela and Nigeria) or simply running out of oil (like Mexico and the North Sea region). 

But Alberta, Canada’s oil sands, once too costly for crude oil refineries to process, have suddenly become a veritable black gold mine. Now…

The cost of refining crude oil from tar sands has dropped from $29.63 a barrel to $13.21 – and continues to fall as oil production ramps up.

Canada’s sands contain up to 2.5 trillion barrels of oil – that's more crude oil reserves than every OPEC country combined.

With the razor-thin gap between supply and demand – and the volatility of producing nations not priced in – the crude oil price is an undervalued commodity at $90+ a barrel.
Our free report is all about crude oil and the premier crude oil sands refinery, where profits are roaring.

http://www.investmentu.net/ppc/t4oilcrude3.cfm?kw=X300H800&OVRAW=oil%20prices&OVKEY=crude%20oil%20prices&OVMTC=advanced&OVADID=24818240022&OVKWID=68951088522

Oil's Price is Soaring and These Companies Are Poised to Profit

What's Causing Oil to Spike and How Do Investors Capitalize

Oil prices are expected to continue their upward march. It recently crossed the $100/barrel threshold that energy analysts have predicted. Their next prediction: “Black gold” could reach price points up near $200 within 12 months.

But if that happens, it won't be a straight line. Oil's price moves reactionary to geopolitical events, especially those in the tumultuous Middle East. That, along with slowing major economies and a falling dollar, causes oil's price to fluctuate wildly.

Regardless, exploration companies are going to continue to buy and install deepwater, sub-sea production systems.

If oil is high, they reap profits. If oil is cheap, then customers will line up to buy, therefore reaping profits… a virtual can't-lose scenario.

So check out these companies…

http://www.moneymorning.com/ppc/oil_2008_jg8.html
With Christian Love,
Marie

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 07:04:15 AM »
$120/barrel but trading backed off to close around $118 - but what is $2 these days? Nada!

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 07:56:36 AM »
The Crude Oil Reserve 8 Times Bigger
than Saudi Arabia's Story here:

http://www.investmentu.net/ppc/t4oilcrude3.cfm?kw=X300H800&OVRAW=oil%20prices&OVKEY=crude%20oil%20prices&OVMTC=advanced&OVADID=24818240022&OVKWID=68951088522

Oil (Petroleum) and Gasoline

In 1999, the price of oil hovered around $16 a barrel. In the fall of 2007 it began to approach the $100 a barrel mark. The reasons for the surge ranged from the relentless growth of the economies of China and India to widespread instability in oil-producing regions, including Iraq and Nigeria's delta region. The prospect of triple-digit oil prices has redrawn the economic and political map of the world, challenging some old notions of power. Oil-rich nations are enjoying historic gains and opportunities, while major importers — including China and India, home to a third of the world’s population — confront rising economic and social costs. Read more:

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/subjects/o/oil_petroleum_and_gasoline/index.html?excamp=OVBUoilprice&WT.srch=1&WT.mc_ev=click&WT.mc_id=BI-S-E-YH-NA-NA-oil_price

With Christian Love,
Marie

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 09:04:43 AM »
Crude oil is trading at another all-time high today - $130/barrel

Lewis

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 09:25:00 AM »
AMAZING! Gas prices are reflecting this as well. $4.00 gallon here, and over $4.00 in Chicago. :'(

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 12:05:00 PM »
Yep. $4 for regular here in the great southwest and $4.50 for diesel.

Because propane is tied to gas prices, I have quit using it altogether. Closed my account and they picked up the tank just yesterday. The man wanted to cut me a deal if I signed a year's contract beginning at $2.89/gallon plus a percentage over what they pay for it but I told him it was too late - they should have considered having mercy on people long ago instead of continuing to gouge us for all it's worth.

Lewis

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 12:07:47 PM »
We have thought about the propane issue. We use wood for heat, but we need propane for the stove, dryer, hot water, and to heat the pipes on the north side of the house in the winter due to the -40 below in the winter.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 12:14:58 PM »
Before switching to wood heat, we used forced-air propane heat but that was when propane was $1.60 a gallon. Even then it would cost us upwards of $800/month to stay warm. Even had the thermostat sat at 63 - but it was still expensive, so I just cut it out altogether. Now with propane costs equal to diesel, there is no way to afford it. Even electricity is much cheaper.

As a matter of fact, a new electric water heater just replaced the gas one. Total conversion only cost $265.  Now I am waiting to find an electric cook stove to replace the gas one. My range is virtually new, so by selling it, it will cover about 2/3rds the cost of a new one. And by the way, my house smells nicer now that the propane is no long an element. That is some nasty-smelling stuff! 

In the winter, I cook a great deal of the time on top of the wood stove - even do some baking over the coals. It's actually fun to experiment to see how much I can adapt to new ways of doing things. Now if we could only replace electricity easily and inexpensively. Would need a roof full of solars to do that - but that conversion is way out of my little budget!

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 04:51:53 PM »
Most people here in Maine heat with #2 heating oil, which has reached $4.00 a gallon.  Our last fill-up at the church was $1200.  Fortunately we won't need to fill up again until next autumn.  The pastor and I were talking today, and it looks like the time has finally come when we will need to close the upstairs (which uses the most heat), and hold services in the basement next winter.  Those who complain will be welcome to pay the extra fuel bills. ;D  If worse comes to worse we may have to meet with the other church in our district and close our smaller church for the winter.  Drastic measures, but we've entered into drastic times.

At home we were considering converting to a on-demand propane hot water heater, but with the price of propane where it is now, we may be better off sticking with our 20-year old electric model, and getting a more efficient one when it finally dies.  I can't believe it's lasted so long (the first one we had at the store only lasted about 6 years).  God has been merciful to us in many ways.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2008, 05:39:35 PM »
Wally - heating a little church with wood might be a good alternative. A cord of wood lasts me one month and the cost of a cord here is $185. That is inexpensive heat even if there are several meetings throughout the week. Maybe turning down the thermostat to 40 to keep the water pipes from freezing and supplementing it with wood fires would work. Just a suggestion. 

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2008, 08:02:35 PM »
As a matter of fact, a new electric water heater just replaced the gas one. Total conversion only cost $265.  Now I am waiting to find an electric cook stove to replace the gas one. My range is virtually new, so by selling it, it will cover about 2/3rds the cost of a new one. And by the way, my house smells nicer now that the propane is no long an element. That is some nasty-smelling stuff! 

But be glad it is nasty smelling stuff. Propane (and natural gas) actually has no oder, so it is added for safety. The smell lets you know it is there, especially if there is a leak.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24