Author Topic: Half the World Soon to Be in Cities  (Read 3904 times)

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Half the World Soon to Be in Cities
« on: June 27, 2007, 01:37:00 PM »

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8Q18TN00&show_article=1

UN: Half the World Soon to Be in Cities

LONDON (AP) - Most of humanity will be living in cities by next year, raising the threat of increased poverty and religious extremism unless the needs of growing urban populations are met, the U.N. said Wednesday.

Some 3.3 billion people will live in cities by 2008, a report by the U.N. population agency report said. By 2030, the number of city dwellers is expected to climb to 5 billion.

By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Esther 7

• http://
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 01:20:00 AM »
....and no escape...

Liane H

• http://
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 09:25:00 AM »
I was watching an interesting program on TV about cities. There is this wonderful vision of building up instead of out a city and that the cities will be a whole building of itself with views of trees, rivers and green just outside a window no matter where you are.

Lets face facts there just is no money, time or energy to build such a dream. It will only come when Jesus comes and the New Jerusalem will be our home on the New Earth.

It will be the great city and the great earth that God made, not man.  

------------------
Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Richard Sherwin

• Keeper of Bees
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 05:54:00 PM »
New Jerusalem may be our home on the new earth but I still intend to spend a lot of my time in a log cabin up in the mountains  :)

Br. S

quote:
Originally posted by Liane H:
I was watching an interesting program on TV about cities. There is this wonderful vision of building up instead of out a city and that the cities will be a whole building of itself with views of trees, rivers and green just outside a window no matter where you are.

Lets face facts there just is no money, time or energy to build such a dream. It will only come when Jesus comes and the New Jerusalem will be our home on the New Earth.

It will be the great city and the great earth that God made, not man.  

Laughter is an instant vacation

Mike Vance

• trumpet7.org
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 08:15:00 PM »
It's a big universe.  I plan to "wing my way to world's afar."
"He who trusts in himself is a fool" (Proverbs 28:26)

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Re: Half the World Soon to Be in Cities
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 12:13:07 PM »
China plans megacity with 42 million people

What do you call nine separate cities in China that happen to be located near one another?

A megacity. Specifically, the biggest megacity the world has ever seen, with some 42 million residents.

Urban planners in southern China are evaluating the feasibility to merge nine metropolises that lie in the area around the Pearl River Delta, according to a new report.

http://www.smartplanet.com/business/blog/smart-takes/china-plans-megacity-with-42-million-people/13905/
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Half the World Soon to Be in Cities
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 07:50:25 AM »
The devil is binding the souls of men to these large cities. The UN is happy as are all of the "greenies". They do not want man in the country, but in the city.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.