Author Topic: Largest Mass Murder in US History  (Read 7873 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Largest Mass Murder in US History
« on: April 16, 2007, 12:33:00 PM »
The winds are being released. The signs of times all are pointing to the soon coming of Christ. The fall of Babylon is being seen throughout American society as morality sinks to a lower level daily.

At this hour 32 are dead including the killer. The Virginia Tech shooting began around 7 am this morning and lasted for over two hours. Many have been wounded and are at local hospitals being treated.

Let pray for all involved that this may bring some closer to Christ in their great distress. Our only safety is in Christ.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 03:52:00 PM »
This is indescribably tragic! Amen to your statement, Richard. Amen!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 05:01:00 PM »
This is so awful. I do indeed see the four winds coming loose. When will people look at what they are watching and listening to and reading and realize that it is playing satan's tone on them. This is only the tip of the iceberg as they say.  :(

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 05:26:00 PM »
"As you see the peril and misery of the world under the working of Satan, do not exhaust your God-given energies in idle lamentations, but go to work for yourselves and for others. Awake, and feel a burden for those who are perishing. If they are not won to Christ they will lose an eternity of bliss. Think of what it is possible for them to gain. The soul that God has created and Christ has redeemed is of great value because of the possibilities before it, the spiritual advantages that have been granted it, the capabilities it may possess if vitalized by the word of God, and the immortality which through the Life-giver it may obtain if obedient. One soul is of more value to heaven than a whole world of property, houses, lands, money." 6T, 21

Thomas M

• http://
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 10:27:00 PM »
Actually, I'm not sure it was the largest mass murder in US history, tragic as it is. It seems pretty clear by now that what happened at Waco was murder perpetrated by government agents. However, there have been many more, such as the mass murder of the Ghost Dancers at Wounded Knee in 1896, again by government agents. Adventism has been realistic in its evaluation of government as a persecuting force, without going to the extremes of unpatriotic positions.

quote:
Originally posted by Sybil:
"As you see the peril and misery of the world under the working of Satan, do not exhaust your God-given energies in idle lamentations, but go to work for yourselves and for others. Awake, and feel a burden for those who are perishing. If they are not won to Christ they will lose an eternity of bliss. Think of what it is possible for them to gain. The soul that God has created and Christ has redeemed is of great value because of the possibilities before it, the spiritual advantages that have been granted it, the capabilities it may possess if vitalized by the word of God, and the immortality which through the Life-giver it may obtain if obedient. One soul is of more value to heaven than a whole world of property, houses, lands, money." 6T, 21

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 12:27:00 AM »
I stand corrected in my reporting. These were indeed mass murder. While the killing of those who killed was not murder, the killing of the innocent children was indeed murder. And, yes, there has been other instances of cold blooded mass killing in our history.

But, the condition of society is such that what have witnessed yesterday is quite revealing of the level to which we have fallen as a people. It is a result of the music, art, education, and religion of our nation.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Sister Marie

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 10:25:00 AM »
I heard on the news that the killer was of Asian blood. Makes me feel like he is another Muslim Martyr, out there to kill all he can with his own death, whether it be by his hand or others..(that kills him)

I am feeling that those in this country that are Muslim are being given a reason death message for us and that some are picking up on it. Hate for us is very high in these people and if they can get those here to hate us that much too we will have killers within our own ranks as Americans. I think this is what caused this. Could I be right?

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Thomas M

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 10:34:00 PM »
I understand he was from south Korea. There are hardly any Muslims there, but many south Koreans are christians.

quote:
Originally posted by Sister Glass:
I heard on the news that the killer was of Asian blood. Makes me feel like he is another Muslim Martyr, out there to kill all he can with his own death, whether it be by his hand or others..(that kills him)

I am feeling that those in this country that are Muslim are being given a reason death message for us and that some are picking up on it. Hate for us is very high in these people and if they can get those here to hate us that much too we will have killers within our own ranks as Americans. I think this is what caused this. Could I be right?

Won Bae

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 05:38:00 PM »
I hesitated a bit to write this post.
I am from South Korea and came here at the age 21. I am a citizen of the USA.
When some one makes a sort of racial issue out of this kind of tragic issue, I do not feel good.  Some press people such as Bill O'Reiley insinuated racial issue in this event.  I feel strongly that this has nothing to do race. It just happened to be the villain is Korean. He came to this country at the age of 6, and got educated here in this country.  He is not any different from any typical U.S. citizen who grew up in this country. He was mentally ill.
What about the Columbine attackers. Are we going to trace their ancesters to an European country?
Secondly, I would hesitate to connect this kind of tragedy with the "end time signs".
I fail to see this sort of tragedy given in the Bible as a sign of Jesus' second coming.

Won

Sister Marie

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 07:20:00 PM »
Before I heard "just" where he had come from (but only an idea) and before I knew that he had mental problems, (as the media was slow in telling us anything much about him) I was concerned. I do feel that amoung the Muslim people here, that presure from their country is being put on them to turn against us. All I was doing was asking if this could be. Then more came out about the killer. So my thoughts are not a concern any longer. But as Americans who know how much now, that we are hated by Muslims, is it any wonder to anyone that a person would consider this a possibility?? It has nothing to do with race, it has everything to do with what is going on now, between us and them. It has everything to do with the fact that they have attached us on our own grounds, which started this war in the first place. It is of a wonder also that we are seeing Muslims all over now. Many gas stations are being run/owned by them that used to be American, and also 99 cent stores. They are being seen all over. Head bands and all. It is a concern and I don't feel it a bit strange that I would point out my concern to my brothers and sisters here.

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 07:36:00 PM »
A friend pointed this out to me today when talking about Virginia Tech.

quote:

Already the doctrine that men are released from obedience to God's requirements has weakened the force of moral obligation, and opened the flood-gates of iniquity upon the world. Lawlessness, dissipation, and
corruption are sweeping in upon us like an
overwhelming tide. In the family, Satan is at work. His banner waves, even in professedly Christian households. There is envy, evil surmising, hypocrisy, estrangement, emulation, strife, betrayal of sacred
trusts, indulgence of lust. The whole system of religious principles and doctrines, which should form the foundation and frame-work of social life, seems to be a tottering mass, ready to fall to ruin. The vilest of criminals, when thrown into

prison for their offenses, are often made the
recipients of gifts and attentions, as if they had attained an enviable distinction. Great publicity is given to their character and crimes. The press publishes the revolting details of vice, thus initiating others into the practice of fraud, robbery, and murder; and Satan exults in the success of his
hellish schemes. The infatuation of vice, the wanton taking of life, the terrible increase of intemperance and iniquity of every order and degree, should arouse all who fear God, to inquire what can be done to stay
the tide of evil.
{GC88 585.2}

By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Thomas M

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 02:08:00 AM »
I don't recall any high-profile news situations before where Koreans were involved, but even if there were such, I really doubt that ethnic factors are ever decisive in such matters. People everywhere are pretty much the same: some behave badly for various reasons and others behave amazingly well.
Sister Glass is a friend, and I respect her views. She is undoubtedly right that the behaviour of some Muslims justifiably raises our anxiety. But we should be careful not to foist those anxieties off on innocent people. I have dealt with very many Muslims, probably more than many or even most people on this list. Very few hate us. Most admire us. Many want to be like us. Some feel threatened and defensive. But very few hate. It seems to me that I have come across just as many Christians as Muslims who express hate for others. The Muslim man of Middle Eastern descent at your gas station is very likely to be a family man who is more interested in making a good life for himself and his loved ones than he is in bombing the Pentagon. In fact, he's probably no more interested in bombing the Pentagon than you are.
The reality is that American history is filled with massacres and tragedies that were instigated by ethnic fears and misunderstandings. Feeding the climate of hate and anxiety is only going to fuel the fires. Christ loves Muslims too, and they love Him, even if they don't believe about him in the same way that a Christian does.
Given Adventist beliefs about the time of the end, shouldn't we be more anxious about Catholic gas station attendants than Muslim ones? Or should we rethink our end-time concepts? Maybe some of the prophecies we've been applying to the papacy ought to be applied to the Islamic establishment?  

quote:
Originally posted by Sister Glass:
Before I heard "just" where he had come from (but only an idea) and before I knew that he had mental problems, (as the media was slow in telling us anything much about him) I was concerned. I do feel that amoung the Muslim people here, that presure from their country is being put on them to turn against us. All I was doing was asking if this could be. Then more came out about the killer. So my thoughts are not a concern any longer. But as Americans who know how much now, that we are hated by Muslims, is it any wonder to anyone that a person would consider this a possibility?? It has nothing to do with race, it has everything to do with what is going on now, between us and them. It has everything to do with the fact that they have attached us on our own grounds, which started this war in the first place. It is of a wonder also that we are seeing Muslims all over now. Many gas stations are being run/owned by them that used to be American, and also 99 cent stores. They are being seen all over. Head bands and all. It is a concern and I don't feel it a bit strange that I would point out my concern to my brothers and sisters here.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 05:43:00 AM »
Oooopssss... Sorry I put this in the wrong forum. Sorry for the distraction.

http://www.stanet.ch/apd/news/1402.html

Adventist Andrew’s University Student Arrested After Beating Professor

Berrien Springs, MI/USA,, 18.04.2007/ANN/APD/Agencies

A student at Adventist-owned Andrews University threatened and assaulted Seminary professor Russell Burrill in his office at the Seventh-day Adventist Theological Seminary on campus. There was no weapon involved. The 28-year-old student Romana Baciu from Romania also assaulted a police officer and medic personnel. The student is in police custody, and has been dismissed from the university.

Rusell Burrill received medical attention, was released, and returned to the classroom in the afternoon of the same day.

Baciu was handcuffed and taken into an ambulance where he reportedly told a police officer he wanted to kill Burrill. When medics tried to treat him, Baciu reportedly attacked Berrien Springs officer Milton Agay saying he wanted to kill him. Baciu was subdued and then cuffed to the stretcher. Charges are being reviewed by the prosecutor's office.

This incident came at around the same time that shooting tragedy was happening at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia.

[This message has been edited by Jim B (edited 04-19-2007).]

[This message has been edited by Jim B (edited 04-19-2007).]

By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 07:05:00 AM »
Evil knows no ethnicity.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2007, 07:56:00 AM »
Won said:  
quote:
Secondly, I would hesitate to connect this kind of tragedy with the "end time signs".

I fail to see this sort of tragedy given in the Bible as a sign of Jesus' second coming.

An increase in wickedness, lawlessness, self-absorption, hatred, especially in light of recent days, is yet another indication the world is rapidly deteriorating. This quote is an excellent one in light of those who cannot see this. It is a warning in and of itself.

"There are in the world today many who close their eyes to the evidences that Christ has given to warn men of His coming. They seek to quiet all apprehension, while at the same time the signs of the end are rapidly fulfilling, and the world is hastening to the time when the Son of man shall be revealed in the clouds of heaven. Paul teaches that it is sinful to be indifferent to the signs which are to precede the second coming of Christ. Those guilty of this neglect he calls children of the night and of darkness. He encourages the vigilant and watchful with these words: 'But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.'"  {AA 260.1}

quote:
2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,  
13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

These things are on the increase. The Bible states they are an indication of the last days.  

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2007, 09:22:00 AM »
The Bible speaks of how, in Noah's day, "the earth was filled with violence" (Gen. 6:11).  Ellen White makes this comment about the world before the Flood:

"The land was filled with violence.  War, crime, murder, was the order of the day.  Just so it will be before Christ's second coming" (1BC 1090).