Author Topic: Global Warming?  (Read 37499 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Global Warming?
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2008, 10:05:38 PM »
Time to ban the Gulfstreams and fire up the nuclear power plants! And, we need to drill in Alaska and the oceans.  I think that Satan is working hard to move humanity into his cities.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Brian M

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2008, 08:12:53 AM »
Time to ban the Gulfstreams and fire up the nuclear power plants! And, we need to drill in Alaska and the oceans.  I think that Satan is working hard to move humanity into his cities.

I've been thinking the same thing. Maybe the price of country homes will drop even quicker than the city ones are now.
Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law. Psalm 119:18

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2008, 08:08:54 AM »
For some the price of gas will keep them out of the country, but for the wealthy, they will be headed that way in greater numbers. The cities are quite dangerous and getting more so. Filthy and dangerous. Global warming is Satan's effort to hold his captives and to keep God's children from nature.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Cop

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2017, 05:10:20 AM »
Gore compares climate fight to slavery, gay rights & apartheid
[Excerpts]

Global warming activist and former veep Al Gore likened the battle over climate change to humanity's greatest struggles -- like the fights against slavery, apartheid and nuclear proliferation -- during a speech Thursday in Australia, according to a newly reported transcript. 

In a July 13 speech to the EcoCity World Summit in Melbourne, the former vice president argued combating global warming was “in the tradition of all the great moral causes that have improved the circumstances of humanity throughout our history,” according to the website Climate Depot.

“The abolition of slavery, woman’s suffrage and women’s rights, the civil rights movement and the anti-apartheid movement in South Africa, the movement to stop the toxic phase of nuclear arms race and more recently the gay rights movement,” Gore said.

“The climate movement should be seen in the context of the great moral causes that have transformed and improved the outlook for humanity,” Gore said at an green energy awards ceremony in June.

“It was wrong to allow slavery to continue, it was wrong to deny women the right to vote, it was wrong to discriminate on the basis of skin color or who you fell in love with,” he continued.

In a 2013 interview with The Washington Post, Gore likened climate change “deniers” to alcoholic fathers who fly off the handle when the issue is mentioned.
“The conversation on global warming has been stalled because a shrinking group of denialists fly into a rage when it’s mentioned. It’s like a family with an alcoholic father who flies into a rage every time a subject is mentioned and so everybody avoids the elephant in the room to keep the peace,” he explained.

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/13/gore-claims-climate-battle-just-like-fight-against-slavery-apartheid.html
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2017, 12:22:38 PM »
And what is Al Gore doing to combat "climate change?"  Jetting around the world, giving speeches, burning fossils fuels, adding to his "carbon footprint."

I think he may be becoming unhinged.  He's nothing more than a high profile member of the left.  He's got all the talking points memorized.

Who takes him seriously?  Those who have swallowed the leftist Koolaid.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

colporteur

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2017, 12:36:14 PM »
And what is Al Gore doing to combat "climate change?"  Jetting around the world, giving speeches, burning fossils fuels, adding to his "carbon footprint."

I think he may be becoming unhinged.  He's nothing more than a high profile member of the left.  He's got all the talking points memorized.

Who takes him seriously?  Those who have swallowed the leftist Koolaid.

The Gory details.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2017, 03:56:42 PM »
"All the great moral causes." Morality is the domain of religion.  I did not know he was interested in religion. Upon what platform did he run for president? A moral platform as did Obama and Clinton? Maybe he is more moral than both of them, since he lost and they won. Is he at odds with Clinton and Obama when it comes to morals?

Cop

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2017, 01:11:35 AM »
During the Bush administration, I remember that he, Bill Clinton, and Jimmy Carter were in the process of organizing a new Baptist denomination and called for a meeting to take place of all interested Baptists. It was to be strong on social justice issues, environmental 'save the planet' issues, calling for shorter jail sentences, legalizing many illegal drugs, and very pro abortion rights.

I never heard anything further in the news about it.
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2017, 01:25:50 AM »
Hypocrisy and an Inconvenient Reality: Gore's Home Energy Use Surges up to 34 Times the National Average
[Excerpts]

In February 2007, the day after his panicky global warming film "An Inconvenient Truth" won an Academy Award for best documentary, a shocking report based on public records revealed that Al Gore's Nashville home consumed 20 times more electricity than the average American household.

In powering his home, Gore still greatly outpaces most Americans in energy consumption. The findings were shocking:
• The past year, Gore's home energy use averaged 19,241 kilowatt hours (kWh) every month, compared to the U.S. household average of 901 kWh per month.3,4
• Gore guzzles more electricity in one year than the average American family uses in 21 years.5
• In September of 2016, Gore's home consumed 30,993 kWh in just one month – as much energy as a typical American family burns in 34 months.
• During the last 12 months, Gore devoured 66,159 kWh of electricity just heating his pool. That is enough energy to power six average U.S. households for a year.
• From August 2016 through July 2017, Gore spent almost $22,000 on electricity bills.6
• Gore paid an estimated $60,000 to install 33 solar panels. Those solar panels produce an average of 1,092 kWh per month, only 5.7% of Gore's typical monthly energy consumption.

No matter how the numbers are viewed, Al Gore uses vastly more electricity at his home than the average American – a particularly inconvenient truth given his hypocritical calls for all Americans to reduce their home energy use.

Al Gore resides in a 10,070-square-foot Colonial-style home in the posh Belle Meade section of Nashville, the eighth-wealthiest neighborhood in America according to the U.S. Census Bureau.7
The home, which was built in 1915, contains 20 rooms – including five bedrooms, eight full bathrooms and two half-baths. Gore purchased the property, including the home and the surrounding 2.09 acre lot, in 2002 for $2.3 million.

In 2010, Gore announced that he and wife Tipper were divorcing after 40 years of marriage.9 According to media speculation, Tipper likely lives in the $8.9 million California home the couple purchased weeks before the separation. The Gores have four grown children who no longer live at home. That leaves the former vice president as presumably the only occupant of the home, making his energy consumption even more staggering.

Gore also owns at least two other homes, a pied-à-terre in San Francisco's St. Regis Residence Club and a farm house in Carthage, Tennessee.

Much more @: http://www.nationalcenter.org/NPA679.html
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2017, 01:41:22 AM »
Al Gore’s global climate apocalypse never took place… he now says it did but you just couldn’t tell
[Excerpts]

Environmentalist Al Gore, a.k.a. the climate con man, has a new movie to promote, so he gets to fly on private jets and ride around in gas-guzzling limousines. Maybe he’ll even add a new wing on to his mansion with the profits.

The new movie is called An Inconvenient Sequel, a follow-up to An Inconvenient Truth, which was chock full of doom and gloom about made-made climate change and global warming. The film premiered at the Sundance Film Festival last month and will go into wide distribution this summer.

As Natural News previously reported, none of the dire climate change predictions from the first film — which won an Academy Award for best documentary — have come to pass. Among other things, the Arctic never melted, and polar bears are still thriving. Mt. Kilimanjaro is still covered with plenty of show. Extreme weather also has failed to materialized.

In the new opus, the former vice president under Bill Clinton tries to justify another weather whopper — that cities all over the world, including Manhattan, are at risk for flooding because of the rise in the sea level combined with storm surges. It was the “single most criticized scene in that movie,” Gore declares in the trailer below.

“In that clip, Gore then shows ‘Superstorm Sandy’ footage of water flooding lower Manhattan, including the memorial site and a quote from Gov. Andrew Cuomo blaming climate change, to prove true Gore’s claim from 11 years ago. But his original prediction was not about extenuating circumstances of a storm like Sandy slamming into New York or any ‘storm surge’ at all. It was about the sea level rise that would be generated as (he predicted) ice melt in Greenland and Antarctica escalated dramatically. The latest maps show that Greenland still has ice 11 years after Gore’s prediction of catastrophic melt due to global warming.”

Even the liberal Washington Post admitted back in November 2012 that “Climate change does not cause storms and did not cause Superstorm Sandy.”

Weather Channel founder John Coleman was fundamentally unimpressed with the original Al Gore movie, which he deemed a “scientific monstrosity,” and has raised concerns about the follow up for similar reasons. Coleman has argued in the past that man-made climate change is a scam, , a myth, and unsupported by science.

Health Ranger Mike Adams recently pointed out the oft-repeated claim that 97% of scientists agree that man-made climate change is settled science  — as if science is ever settled — is a bunch of hot air.

Source: http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-02-07-inconvenient-reality-al-gores-global-apocalypse-never-took-place-now-claims-it-did.html#
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2017, 02:00:53 AM »
Pelosi: Trump Dishonored God by Rejecting Paris Accord
[Excerpts]

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) castigated President Trump on Friday for withdrawing the U.S. from the Paris climate agreement, saying it dishonored God while questioning how he could do such a thing to his grandchildren.

Pelosi noted that last month Pope Francis gave Trump his encyclical on the dangers of climate change and the need for the world to address it. Trump said Thursday in his withdrawal announcement that the deal hurt American workers.

"The Bible tells us that to minister to the needs of God's creation is an act of worship," Pelosi said. "To ignore those needs is to dishonor the God who made us, and that is just what we are doing by walking away from this accord."

Pelosi said she wanted to know, as a mother and a grandmother, how Trump could explain his decision to his own grandchildren.

Pelosi said she wanted to know, as a mother and a grandmother, how Trump could explain his decision to his own grandchildren.

Source: http://freebeacon.com/issues/pelosi-trump-withdrawing-climate-dishonors-god-hurts-grandchildren/

[Pelosi has connected it all together. We are taking orders from the pope. The solution is the pope's encyclical. To disregard the Paris agreement is to reject God. After all, the pope, "is God on Earth" as the Roman Church claims.]
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2017, 01:31:50 AM »
'Climate Change Denial Should Be A Crime'
[Excerpts]

Plenty of media outlets have blamed Hurricane Harvey on climate change, but one journalist used it as an excuse to claim people who don’t agree with him on climate should be punished.

“The science is too clear about what will happen in the near-term to continue to allow profiteers and ideologues to place the public in danger without consequence,” Motherboard editor Brian Merchant wrote Sept. 1. Motherboard is Vice Media’s science and technology outlet.

“Climate change denial should be a crime,” he concluded.

Hurricane Harvey “is what climate change looks like,” Merchant declared. But that claim doesn’t fit with history.

WeatherBell meteorologist Joe Bastardi called out Merchant’s story on twitter, asking “How do you explain so many storms stronger than Harvey, most from over 50 years ago?”

Merchant’s extreme belief that climate “deniers” ought to be punished is not unique. A Grist writer called for “war crimes trials” and a “climate Nuremberg” for climate change skeptics in 2006. He later apologized.

Rhode Island Democrat Senator Sheldon Whitehouse argued in 2015 the government should use the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) to attack the fossil-fuel industry for its climate change “denial operation.”

Source: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/business/aly-nielsen/2017/09/01/vice-editor-climate-change-denial-should-be-crime
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2017, 01:37:50 AM »
Calls To Imprison "Climate Change Deniers" Grow In The Wake Of Hurricane Irma
[Excerpts]

When retired Georgia Tech professor Judith Curry penned a blog post on her "Climate Etc." website suggesting that it was scientifically irresponsible to tie the intensity of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma directly to climate change, she probably didn't expect that she might trigger 1,000's of progressives to call for her immediate imprisonment.  Unfortunately, for both Curry and society at large, that is exactly what happened. 

As the Washington Times notes, Curry's comments only served to further enrage Al Gore's climate change crusaders who promptly ramped up their calls to imprison anyone with the audacity to present any data and/or question, in any way, climate models which should be accepted as proven fact...even though they're subjective and highly sensitive any number of input variables.

That is the kind of talk that could get policymakers who heed her research hauled before the justice system, if some of those in the climate change movement have their way.

“Climate change denial should be a crime,” declared the Sept. 1 headline in the Outline. Mark Hertsgaard argued in a Sept. 7 article in the Nation, titled “Climate Denialism Is Literally Killing Us,” that “murder is murder” and “we should punish it as such.”

The suggestion that those who run afoul of the climate change consensus, in particular government officials, should face charges comes with temperatures flaring over the link between hurricanes and greenhouse gas emissions.

“In the wake of Harvey, it’s time to treat science denial as gross negligence — and hold those who do the denying accountable,” said the subhead in the Outline article, written by Brian Merchant.

Brad Johnson, executive director of Climate Hawks Vote, posted last week on Twitter a set of “climate disaster response rules,” the third of which was to “put officials who reject science in jail.”

More @: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-12/calls-imprison-climate-change-deniers-grow-wake-hurricane-irma
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2017, 07:58:57 AM »
California Cities Sue Oil Companies over Climate Change
[Excerpts]

City attorneys in San Francisco and Oakland, California, sued five oil companies in two coordinated lawsuits on Tuesday, arguing that the courts should hold these companies responsible for climate change, and force them to financially compensate the cities for harm the plaintiffs claim those companies are causing to the planet’s environment.

The two cities are suing five of the top petroleum companies from around the world: BP, Chevron, ConocoPhillips, Exxon Mobile, and Royal Dutch Shell. These local municipalities are suing them under California law for being a public nuisance.

The lawsuits use virtually identical language, like accusing the oil companies with language such as, “For decades, Defendants have known that their fossil fuels pose risks of ‘severe’ and ‘catastrophic’ impacts on the global climate through the works and warnings of their own scientists or through their trade association.”

By bringing these claims in the county courts in San Francisco and Alameda, the cities’ attorneys are setting them on a legal course where the justices of the California Supreme Court—a reliably liberal court—would ultimately decide the financial liability of the oil companies.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/09/21/california-cities-sue-oil-companies-over-climate-change/

[To my knowledge, global warming/climate change advocates have never found any evidence that this is caused by humanity. Even all meteorologists that I have heard deny that there is warming or climate change due to human activity and that it is natural and caused by the sun.]
— Stonewall Jackson

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2017, 04:24:29 PM »
California Cities Sue Oil Companies over Climate Change
[Excerpts]

City attorneys in San Francisco and Oakland, California, sued five oil companies in two coordinated lawsuits on Tuesday, arguing that the courts should hold these companies responsible for climate change, and force them to financially compensate the cities for harm the plaintiffs claim those companies are causing to the planet’s environment.

Only in America . . .   Just when you thought it couldn't get crazier.  One can only hope that it gets thrown out of court and that the cities get slapped with a fine for filing a frivolous lawsuit.  Of course, if they win the lawsuit, it won't hurt the oil companies; they'll just raise the price of gas--which is what the left-wing moonbats want anyway.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Cop

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2017, 05:55:22 AM »
AP Omitted Expert Quotes That Didn’t Fit the Narrative About Global Warming
[Excerpts]

An Associated Press reporter sent some questions to Dr. Roger Pielke Jr. about what role global warming played in this year’s slew of billion-dollar natural disasters. Pielke, an expert on natural disaster costs, apparently didn’t give AP reporter Seth Borenstein the answers he was looking for, because his ensuing article didn’t have any quotes from the University of Colorado professor.

Pielke’s answers largely reflected the work he’s been doing for years — that there’s no evidence global warming is making weather more extreme. Any increase in natural disaster costs is caused by an increase in wealth and population, according to Pielke’s research.

Borenstein, however, did quote Penn State climate scientist Michael Mann, who claimed global warming was “impacting extreme weather in ways we hadn’t anticipated.”

Mann is an ardent advocate for liberal policies to address global warming, and has even suggested the fossil fuel industry has launched a campaign to marginalize his work. Mann recently gave an academic freedom lecture at the University of Michigan, where he attacked his critics as “climate deniers” shilling for energy companies.
Borenstein also quoted a meteorologist at the insurance company Munich Re, who said a bigger role in natural disaster costs is that more people are living in areas prone to extreme weather.

Pielke suggested his answers didn’t match the narrative Borenstein was looking for.

And of course, Borenstein’s article did quote Mann, who told him global warming was making extreme weather worse, despite the fact respected scientific institutions have slapped down that claim.

More @: https://stream.org/ap-omitted-expert-quotes-didnt-fit-narrative-global-warming/
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2017, 05:59:48 AM »
Anti-Fossil Fuel Groups Admit No Air Testing Conducted In Oklahoma Emissions Report
[Excerpts]

Two anti-fossil fuel groups who collaborated on a report released this month alleging improper emissions from oil and gas facilities in Oklahoma admitted last week that they did not collect corresponding air testing data to support their claims.

The Coalition for Oklahoma’s Renewable Energy (CORE), with assistance from national environmental group EarthWorks, issued a report calling attention to what it claimed were multiple instances of a “invisible oil spills” at Oklahoma oil and gas production facilities using “Forward-Looking Infrared” (FLIR) cameras.

When pressed by local news media, however, a spokeswoman for EarthWorks admitted the supposed camera evidence was not backed up by air quality data or any measurements substantiating claims that any substance, including methane, the report’s targeted emission, was conclusively documented in the report.

Chad Warmington, president of the Oklahoma Oil and Gas Association (OKOGA), told Western Wire last week that “EarthWorks is using scare tactics to advance a keep-it-in-the-ground agenda” and that the report’s authors—Earthworks and CORE—“are not offering any scientific data collection from these drones to back their claims.”

More @: http://westernwire.net/anti-fossil-fuel-groups-admit-no-air-testing-conducted-in-oklahoma-emissions-report/
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2017, 06:07:15 AM »
California Gov Moonbeam to Sue Trump Over Climate Change
[Excerpts]

California Gov. Jerry Brown plans to use what he calls a Republican tactic and sue the Trump administration over President Donald Trump’s climate change policies.

Brown, a virulent Trump opponent, told reporters Tuesday that he will sue the president for nixing the Clean Power Plan (CPP), an Obama-era regulation Republicans believe hurt the coal industry. He claims the tactic is akin to Republican efforts to hold up climate policies during the Obama-era.

California Gov. Jerry Brown plans to use what he calls a Republican tactic and sue the Trump administration over President Donald Trump’s climate change policies.

Brown, a virulent Trump opponent, told reporters Tuesday that he will sue the president for nixing the Clean Power Plan (CPP), an Obama-era regulation Republicans believe hurt the coal industry. He claims the tactic is akin to Republican efforts to hold up climate policies during the Obama-era.

Source: http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/24/california-gov-vows-to-sue-trump-over-climate-change/
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2017, 06:14:48 AM »
GORE: ‘Worst of Climate Deniers’ Have ‘Captured’ Trump’s Mind
[Excerpts]

Former Vice President Al Gore said he tried and failed to bring President Donald Trump around on the topic of manmade global warming, claiming that “climate deniers” have “captured” the president’s mind.

“I haven’t had any conversations with [Trump] since his speech to withdraw from Paris. I tried my best and thought he’d come to his senses but I’ve been proven wrong,” Gore told The Guardian in an interview.

“I don’t feel I have the ability to change his mind. He’s surrounded himself with the absolute worst of climate deniers"...

Gore even suggested Trump’s presidency may end early, or at most is a temporary pause in the U.S.’s commitment to global warming.

“This experiment with Trump is less than a year old and in science, experiments are sometimes cut short early,” Gore said. “I’m not saying this will happen this time, but this feels like a movie I’ve seen before.”

“We went off the rails a bit in the last election. I think the rest of the world understands that the Trump period is an unfortunate departure from what the US is known for when we are at our best. Those who have appreciated US leadership grieve its loss and hope it’s temporary,” Gore said.

Gore’s suggestion that Trump’s presidency could be “cut short early” comes as hedge fund billionaire Tom Steyer, the Democratic Party’s largest single donor, pumps millions into television ads calling for lawmakers to impeach Trump.

Steyer gave $91 million to Democrats and liberal causes in the 2016 election, according to the Center for Responsive Politics (CRP).

“A Republican Congress once impeached a president for far less,” Steyer says an impeachment ad he funded. “And today, people in Congress and his own administration know that this president is a clear and present danger who is mentally unstable and armed with nuclear weapons.”

Source: http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/10/al-gore-says-the-worst-of-climate-deniers-have-captured-trumps-mind/
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2017, 06:50:51 AM »
Facts and Data Don’t Support Global Warming Hysteria
[Excerpts]

Hurricanes, like Harvey and Irma, are not evidence of global warming, but their effects are exaggerated by alarmists. The Houston flooding was due to the hurricane being slow moving and the fact that Houston is easily flooded. This is supported by statements from atmospheric scientists. The latest observational statistics on global warming show that man’s contribution to global warming has been slight. We must look at all the facts on environmental issues.

Climate change alarmists exaggerate the effects of hurricanes. Houston is especially prone to flooding. Hurricane Harvey was very slow moving. Observations show that global warming has been slight so far. The climate simulations are too sensitive for a doubling of carbon dioxide. We are stewards of the earth, but we need to gather all the facts first. Hurricanes are presently being used as the poster child for global warming, now called “climate change,” largely because hurricanes are extremely destructive and grab global attention. Like all other recent weather disasters, hurricanes are touted as proof the climate is changing because of our love affair with oil and coal.

Global warming alarmists focused especially on Houston because of the extensive flooding. Unmentioned is the fact that Houston is very prone to flooding. It is built on extraordinarily flat ground, and “most local waterways are slow-moving creeks and bayous that wind their way through town and eventually trickle into the shallow, marshy Trinity bay.”3 The city of Houston floods regularly, “but such propagandists don’t know much, or anything, about the Houston floods of 1837, 1841, 1853, 1875, 1879, 1887, 1913, 1929, 1932, 1935, and so forth.”4 Floods of late are more devastating than those in the past because the population of Houston has soared to over six million. Many of the homes are built on flood plains. Parking lots, sidewalks, and roads conspire to reduce the amount of floodwater that can be absorbed into the soil.

...(Dr.) Frank points out many of the previous devastating hurricanes for Florida and the Gulf Coast, beginning in 1886 when a record number of seven major hurricanes struck the United States. A powerful hurricane swamped Galveston, Texas, killing at least 6,000 people in 1900. These and many other disasters occurred before major emissions of carbon dioxide. He goes on to mention Hurricane Claudette in 1979 which stalled near Houston and dumped 42 inches of rain at Alvin, Texas, in one day, which was (and still is) the record amount of 24 hour precipitation for any location in the United States. This is close to the totals from Hurricane Harvey which occurred in 3 to 4 days.

Global warming is a fact. It is supported by warmer temperatures recorded over most of the globe, the shrinkage of practically all mountain glaciers, and the decrease in sea ice on the Arctic Ocean since about 1980. However, it is important to note the amount of warming has been slight, officially about 1.6°F since 1880.8 Another thing to keep in mind is that the temperature records themselves have many biases toward warmth, and there are data-sparse regions. So it is possible to whittle about 30% of the warming off these numbers.

More @: https://answersingenesis.org/environmental-science/climate-change/get-the-facts-hurricanes-and-global-warming/
— Stonewall Jackson