Author Topic: Stories from Rattlesnakes to Elephants  (Read 44942 times)

Mishka M

• All that He has made is wonderful
Re: Stories from Rattlesnakes to Elephants
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2008, 09:20:35 AM »
And I know the obvious thing is to quit leaving out the ponytail ties!  ::)

Maybe you should buy Cutie Kitty a special supply of ponytail ties so she can dunk to her hearts content...and hide yours if you don't want them wet.  :)

Good idea that hopefully will work!
Not one sparrow falls that God does not see.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2008, 02:28:58 PM »
I have given her a circular cloth headband and have never seen a cat be so content and entertained for so long.  ;D

She still places it in her water bowl.  :-\ That is the weirdness I would like to figure out.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2008, 05:26:57 PM »
Speaking of Rattlesnakes 

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2008, 06:33:42 PM »
Yuck! Scary rattles!

Hey, Mishka! We have another incident. Cutie Kitty just came in from outside with a treasure that is running all around the loft - even very close to my feet.

Of course, when I let the kitties in at night, I fail to look to see if they are carrying something. So I pray they will have their fun with this little creature (mouse) and get the torture over with pretty soon so we can all rest.

If I were as fast as the kitties and the mouse, I would get it out immediately, but I'm not.

At one moment, the mouse plays dead, then runs for it for all it is worth. It even jumped up into a tall batch of dried bamboo stems to get away from the cats. When I saw it mixed in with the other dried grasses, I slapped it out of the bamboo. It hit the floor running. Now, we do not know where it is!  :o

Kitties are a blessing and a curse. We are experiencing the curse side of things this evening!  ::)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2008, 06:01:42 PM »
Mishka - I have an update on Cutie Kitty and her cloth hair ties. She has her favorite. Over the past several days she has begun bringing them to me so I can toss them up in the air and she can chase them. After doing that several times, it dawned on me! I have a kitty retriever!  :D Ever heard of one of those?  :o

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2008, 06:40:51 PM »
But, Mimi, did you ever retrieve the mouse?
Dora

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2008, 07:35:48 PM »
 :D

Yes, I did - the next day, it came staggering out from under a cabinet, the cats spotted the poor thing, so I shushed them away, grabbed a strong envelope and scooped it up flinging it over the edge of the portal roof. It fell into about 5 inches of snow. Then, all of a sudden, a wave of sympathy for this hated little thing came over me. Realizing how weak it was, I knew it would die in that deep snow, so I actually ran downstairs and scooped him up again with the garden rake and placed him by the wood pile. But he didn't move. The fall probably took his breath away  :D - sorry, I am realizing how stupid it was to care about that little mouse, but I did. He was dying and the sympathy needed to stop, so I left him there.

The next day, Mama Kitty brought him back into the house! Just incredible - this time he was rock-solid frozen, so out he went again, this time without a touch of sympathy in this world.

Pretty pathetic, huh?  :D   

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2008, 02:34:11 PM »
Mishka! Tuesday it was a baby snake waiting for me when I arrived home. Over the roof it went, landing in a flower bed - then two dead fat male gophers yesterday. They were huge! That Cutie Kitty is one active cat! And where does she place them? Right at my feet! Yikes!

Mishka M

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2008, 03:54:52 PM »
Sister Mimi, YUCK!!!

I'm posting a pic of my latest litter of pups. :)   

Left Top (Pepper) Left Bottom (Salt) Middle (Eben) Right Top (Pip Squeak) Right Bottom (Crystal)

God Bless

Mishka

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2008, 04:50:30 PM »
Oh! Oh! Oh! I'll take Salt and Pepper! ;D It is time Miss Agatha was replaced.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2008, 07:05:19 AM »
Mishka - this is Agatha.  :-*  I surely miss her!

Mishka M

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2008, 09:22:34 AM »
Very Cute.  :)
I had a Miniature Schnauzer, his name was Joshuah. He had a black and white coat and he looked much the same as Agatha. He died from a kidney stone. But he still lives in my heart.

Mishka

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2008, 08:27:50 AM »
A lost humpback whale calf has lost its mother. The 1- to 2-month-old calf was first sighted Sunday in waters off north Sydney, and on Monday tried to suckle from a yacht, which it would not leave.

Very sad. They are guiding the poor baby out to sea and will leave her on her own.  source
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mishka M

« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2008, 10:52:58 PM »
About that poor mouse, I would have some sympathy for it. I have owned several of the ones from the pet store. They are very sweet and cute!!!  :P They would always get lost though. My last ones, Pogo and Samson had to be set free because they were not welcome by my family any more.  :'( I just hope that my big FAT cat did not have them for dessert. 

Mishka

Vicki

« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2009, 05:51:11 AM »
Speaking of rattlesnakes...

Son & I went to a museum this week that had a predators exhibit. He got to hold 2 snakes (wrapped around his neck so they wouldn't be dropped) - I  only touched. Wonderful experience. But, when the guy took out the Diamondback Rattlesnake, my pulse raced & eyes got watery. I was definitely in a flight response, but I want to learn to respect not be afraid of these creatures so we stayed - they are really gorgeous with their patterns and colors. Evidently, too many John Wayne & Clint Eastwood old west movies when I was a kid. Logic told me nothing bad was going to happen, but I couldn't control my body's response. Goes to show the long-term effects of movies.

Mishka M

« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2009, 10:13:54 PM »
I have not said much about my german shepherd, she passed away because of a tumor on her leg about a year ago :'(, but she will still always be alive in my memory.

I have never known a more loving or faithful companion in my whole life. I got her when she was just a little pup, I raised her and we used to do everything togeather, one of her favorite things to do was swim, we would go swimming togeather in the river and play soccer( even though she seemed to have her own team and some invisible goal) she would take the bowl away in her mouth and you would need to chase her down and retrive it from her. She also would pick up her water bowl and move it around.

She was a great dog!!!!!

Vicki

« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2009, 06:32:24 AM »
( even though she seemed to have her own team and some invisible goal)

;D

Son plays tag with his dog. Of course, he never knows when he's it, but that stops none of the fun since there's always a nose nudging someone's arm.

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2009, 09:26:09 PM »
...and play soccer( even though she seemed to have her own team and some invisible goal) ...

We also had to put down our German shepherd not long ago due to cancer. But ours also love to play her version of soccer. Only she played "goalie". I would stand in front of her with my foot her favorite toy (tennis ball). She'd bend down and forward a little on her front legs in anticipation of me kicking the ball towards her. Often times I'd try to fool her by faking a kick at the ball in a certain direction. She was rarely fooled. They are a very loyal and naturally protective of the family.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Mishka M

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2009, 03:03:40 PM »
They are a very loyal and naturally protective of the family.

I agree! Dogs are mans best friend, and there have been many stories of how dogs who somehow got seperated from there owner would travel hundreds of mile to find there owner again.

We should be like that with Christ. We should always be faithful to him! We can learn many lessons from animals if we only look.

Tim2

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2009, 04:51:27 PM »
Good thoughts Mishka. 

Lenna is dog sitting this week for her brother.  This morning the dog took Lenna for a walk.  Yes, I said the dog took her for a walk.  This is a very strong and not well mannered young dog.  When she got home she had a 1/2 in blister on her hand from the leash.

In the summer, we watch out for rattlesnakes.  I have run over two on our gravel road to our house.  There are none out now, however.