Author Topic: Stories from Rattlesnakes to Elephants  (Read 56984 times)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Stories from Rattlesnakes to Elephants
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2010, 02:58:55 PM »
His wife decided to let him go, too. Woopsie!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2010, 05:56:50 AM »
Mishka! I miss you! Have a new kitty story for you.  ;)

God made kitties so resilient, so flexible and most of all, full of the ability to turn what would be a sure death fall for some animals into a thing of ease for cats. In the living room portion of my house is a very long and high wall that leads to the loft. It's about 17 feet high. The cats love to do acrobatics on it. About one time a year there is a miscalculation due to speed, and a cat will go over that wall and hit the floor of the living room. It is a hard, unforgiving brick floor. It happened this morning. I heard the kitties engaged in a running and playing frenzy upstairs and then, all of a sudden, there was a thud followed by complete silence.

The most daring one is Mama Kitty. She is a little spastic :P and her influence on Cutie is not at all good. I waited in the kitchen to see if a moan would follow the fall but there was none, only a cat who showed up wanting to go outside but she was moving very slowly.     

Vicki

« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2010, 06:04:14 AM »
That sounds very similar to the one boy act around here...although it is usually followed by, "Nothing's broken!"   ::)  :D

Sister Dee

« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2010, 09:32:49 AM »
Wow!   :o  That's quite a fall.  You'd think they'd learn, wouldn't you?   ::)   

The cats I've seen that miscalculate a jump will immediately start licking themselves and then walk off as if nothing happened!   :D

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2010, 12:01:40 PM »
It must have been Cutie that fell?

:) Cats are very prideful and when they know that they have done wrong, they are not about to admit it. :) Our cat when unhappy about something, puts his ears back nose up and prances off.

We have watched gray squirrels fall from trees. All that I have seen fall, get up. But, I have found a dead one on the ground. Not sure what killed it, but I suppose a fall from 50 or 60 feet would kill them if they landed wrong or on a rock. We fall from that height and it is all over. :(
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2010, 12:16:13 PM »
Yep - it was Cutie.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2010, 12:40:01 PM »
Bad news.  :'( Whisker's good eye - well, the only one he has, is at the beginning stages of disease. Poor cat. What do you do with a blind cat? We have also noticed his underbelly is very sensitive to the touch, so it is very likely the cancer is there as well. This is just the saddest news.Oh for the day when there will be no more disease to take our loved ones as well as our beloved animals.

Vicki

« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2010, 02:26:54 PM »
How sad.  :'( What to do with him? If he's not in a lot of pain, keep his food and water in the same place and don't move the furniture around. Blind dogs have had a decent life, why not a cat? How old is whiskers?

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2010, 02:45:29 PM »
He's probably 2 or 3 years old. The kids know his age - I'm guessing. We need to verify the tender abdomen to see if cancer is there as well. We spent $500 to have the eye removed. I rather doubt we will do that again even if the cancer is not outside this other eye.

This is a very hard call. 

Vicki

« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2010, 08:36:04 PM »
Yes it is. And so young.  :( Terrible thing.

Sister Dee

« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2010, 08:02:46 AM »
I am so sorry.  And poor grandson!   :'(

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2010, 09:26:08 AM »
It is very hard to deal with pets that have cancer. With humans, I think we want to do all we can to preserve life, but it has gotten to the point where in some cases preserving life has caused a lot of pain and misery as well as costing families their homes.  I wonder what God thinks about such things?  Is temporal life so important that we will go to all costs to preserve it, even when suffering is extended for all in the family?

And, to cause and animal to live in pain and confusion, seems unkind. A couple of years ago, I had to make the decision to put my dog out of her pain. She had a tumor on her leg that was bleeding. I loved the dog. She was part of our family. It was very hard to make the decision to put her to sleep. It did not seem right that a seven year old dog should have cancer. But, my resolve to help others avert cancer in their pets and their own lives was made stronger. If you have a pet, do not feed the animal meat and bone meal.  I don't know what the answer is, but don't buy pet food that has meat and bone meal.

Cease eating animal products and teach others that to do so will put them at risk for many diseases including cancer. It is a sad world we live in, but it will soon be over. Jesus is coming and will take us to a home far away where there are no tears, no sickness, no death.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #112 on: September 02, 2010, 05:30:27 PM »
It is a sad world we live in, but it will soon be over. Jesus is coming and will take us to a home far away where there are no tears, no sickness, no death.

Indeed, indeed. Whiskers died today and grandson and I await the return of his body so he can be buried along with our other beloved animals: Oliphant (Golden Retreiver), Agatha (Schnauzer), Tiki (rug rat of some kind) and Jacques (huge black male cat). Whiskers was the male of males around this place. As difficult as his nature could be at times, he will be sorely missed.

I reminded grandson how much Jesus loves us by giving us these grand animals to take care of and that death was never in God's plan for anyone. Will our animals, or a sanctified version of them, be in heaven? I don't know but I do know this, whatever God has in store for us is beyond anything we can think or imagine. We can dream of what might be but even that isn't grand enough for what He has prepared for us. A kitty that will never die is my desire for little grandson - one who will be his constant companion as eternity rolls on. 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #113 on: September 02, 2010, 07:14:23 PM »
Sorry to hear of your loss, Sybil. That was fast.  He suffers no longer. If you want another cat, we have some running around here. :)  At some point we will say enough suffering is enough. On the other hand, there are animals that need caring for. It is like the suffering of humanity. What can we do? That is why we are here.   Jesus has a plan. Let us follow it as He opens it before us. 

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2010, 07:26:38 PM »
Amen. Thank you, my dear brother. Grandson asked his grieving mother, "When may we get another cat?" Oh what love children have to give to their animals. Some time close to the end of the year we will be acquiring four more kitties from a family headed to the mission field. Two are old, needing a comfortable place to live out their lives while the other two are middle aged. Grandson has claimed those two with glee and he has not set eyes on them. These cats have had to live indoors because of the threat of yard dogs, so being out here with much freedom to roam and investigate should be a blessing. I hope it is.

Sister Dee

« Reply #115 on: September 03, 2010, 03:18:26 AM »
Oh, I am so sorry!   :'(  I have been wondering about Whiskers.  It is so difficult to lose our little furry friends.  At least grandson has more to look forward to to help ease the pain a bit.   

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2010, 08:54:14 PM »
The dogs were very active last night. Something had them stirred up. This is what I found, something that is better suited to night time and is dressed for the work in the shadows of night. A bandit!

Poor little guy was tired. It was 3am.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2010, 06:23:23 AM »
Yes - a bandit! Good photo, Richard! You are bothered with much more wildlife than we are. By the way - we had our first freeze last night - 30 degrees.  ;) No more bugs!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2010, 08:12:32 AM »
I don't know about that. You have the big ones, bears and lions, as well as the little guys.  You just don't see them very often. But, when you do.......   :)   You just need to go for a walk at 3am!!!

Vicki

« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2010, 07:53:03 PM »
 :D Love the picture. We haven't seen a bandit around here for a year - no more cat food outside. But, we did see 3 sets of their foot prints on the dirt road a few weeks ago. Quite funny when we're used to only seeing dog/coyote or lizard tracks.

We supposedly have another 10 days until the garden freezes. We took the last tomato horn worm we found (which technically is a tobacco horn worm because it's horn is red, not black) and put him in a glass jar. After 2 days of munching leaves he was quite plump and went into a frenzy trying to get out of the jar. They need dirt to dig into to change. Once supplied with 6" of dirt in another jar, it lost no time digging under. Hopefully we will see a moth emerge someday.