Author Topic: The Soon Coming of the King!  (Read 13646 times)

Eleanore Holmes

• http://
The Soon Coming of the King!
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2005, 07:47:00 AM »
Shawn Boonstra from  "IT is Written" has a series which is being shown in our church called "THE APPEARING".  Don't miss this chance of seeing it. If your church is not showing it order the DVD'S or videos for only  $14.95  for the complete set.  IT IS MOST INSPIRING....    JESUS IS SURELY COMING VERY SOON.  All the signs show it!
God Bless You
Ele

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Soon Coming of the King!
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2007, 07:58:46 AM »
2Ti 3:1  This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2Ti 3:2  For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3  Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Ti 3:4  Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti 3:5  Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:6  For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7  Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

We see each one of these points in the world and in the church today. With the recent studies in the Laodicea board, verse 5 truly stands out as a poison in our midst. Some teach we cannot overcome sin in our lives. This denies the power of Grace - God's power. We are told - from such, turn away.

Verse 7 has always fascinated me. What does this mean to you? "Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth"?
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2007, 07:59:45 PM »
To say that this can not be done now, one this earth, through Jesus, is slapping Him in the face, denying His power, and opening the door for that person not to be ready when Jesus comes, to say nothing of all the people many of these people are preaching this belief to.
With Christian Love,
Marie

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2008, 06:12:00 PM »
Amen!<P>We live in that day that the prophets desired to see. How do we prepare for the soon coming of Christ? What are we to do?

Richard - what would the prophets do in our day and age? We become so shell-shocked at everything that is happening in the world today that it seems we are paralyzed, cannot move, cannot speak. The devastation through floods, cyclones, earthquakes are all around us - tornadoes, droughts - diseases.

What would the prophets who desired to see this day say? What would they do?
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2008, 06:23:05 AM »
They would rejoice as we prepare for the soon return of our Lord and Saviour!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2009, 07:26:05 PM »
Does anyone feel that the second coming is very near?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2009, 07:50:02 PM »
Amen! Extremely near. There is (at least for me) an urgency that I that I haven't felt before.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2009, 08:27:10 PM »
I like that word "urgency". I too am feeling the same urgency. In my own life I feel that I am not ready. Not that I distrust God's work in my life, but I distrust myself. I take the Word seriously and I know what is said. But, I also know in whom I believe and He is well able to keep that which He has pulled from the fire! Let us pray for wisdom and grace to properly represent our Lord so that others may know Him also.

Have a blessed Sabbath, dear friend!

Linda K

• Wordkeeping
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2009, 08:58:10 PM »
Lift up your heads, for redemption draws near! Praise God, Jesus is coming soon!!!

So many times He tells us to watch and pray. I'm wanting to learn that more and more, to always watch, lest self rise up, and to pray for victory to overcome.

I sense the urgency on two fronts:

1. to accelerate the character development by overcoming every temptation that comes. It seems to me that the refining fire is getting hotter. But His grace is sufficient!

2. to pray for increased holy boldness to share the beautiful truths of His Word, without concern for my reputation or comfort. We need to have a burden for souls like never before.

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2009, 09:02:11 PM »
Amen, JimB and Brother Richard,
I, too, feel that urgency. It is everywhere, and if only we are not sleeping we will know it!  Prayer and working with everyone we can is our goal, and to be sure that everyday we are staying close to Him.
Dora

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2009, 09:24:50 PM »
Amen, dear sisters!  You both posted at the same time! :)   Yes, we must be bold and not fear what others think about us. We must think about our Lord and what He wants and what He is doing to help us. Prayer is the key to success in this work of evangelism and overcoming. And speaking of prayer, it appears that God has heard our prayer for you dear Sister Dora! You are reading tonight!! Thank you, dear Jesus!

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2009, 05:09:17 AM »
Luk 21:27  And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Rom 13:11  And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
Rom 13:12  The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

Isa 25:9 And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2009, 04:36:29 PM »
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;  Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. Luke 21:25, 26

We believe Jesus is coming soon, so therefore we also believe this must happen first.

Donna H

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2010, 12:47:32 PM »

Verse 7 has always fascinated me. What does this mean to you? "Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth"?

How I understand this, Sybil, is perfectly applicable to this thread. I have a feeling you know that. It's connected to 2 Timothy 3:5 "holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these."

"Such men as these": People who go through the motions, who go to church, who know maybe the scripture quotes, but deny the transforming power of Christ. They deny the Holy Spirit, they deny we can live without sin, they deny Christ Himself and the ressurection by denying the unfathomable power of God to raise us out of death caused by sin. They are not devoted to Christ. They break the very first commandment of the decalogue. They argue about what scripture means, and come to all sorts of frivolous interpretations, they desire their fancies and flatery, like the "silly women", easily led by emptinesss and turn to lead others in like directions . They like to have their ears tickled, and tickle other's ears. They don't have the fear of the Lord, they do not "Fear God and give Him glory", therefore they are "never able to come to the knowledge of the truth".

Proverbs 2:2-5
2  Make your ear attentive to wisdom, incline your heart to understanding;
3  For if you cry for discernment, lift your voice for understanding;
4  If you seek her as silver and search for her as for hidden treasures;
5 Then you will discern the fear of the Lord, and discover the knowledge of God.

Fear of the Lord comes before knowledge of God. And sincere, whole-hearted seeking, desiring the wisdom and counsel of God beyond all and above all wordly desires and wisdom, and treasuring it like nothing else in the depths of our hearts by actually being transformed by His wisdom and counsel, by actually listening to His words, this comes before the gift of the fear of the Lord. THEN we get knowledge of Him. We have to seek by putting our feet in the water by faith, and obey because we love our gracious God, and go where He says to go, and do what He says to do, THEN we will witness His awesome power in our own lives, and we can not help but come to discern the fear of the Lord, for who is a s great as He? It will  cause us to fall flat on our faces and be dumfounded. It will cause us to understand His mighty and strange power through experience, and He will bless us with knowledge of Him.

Proverbs 9:10
9  The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
and knowledge of of the Holy One is understanding.

Psalm 111:10
10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom;
A good understanding have all those who do His commandments; His praise endures forever.

We don't want to associate with "such people as these". They are not healthy for us in such important times. We don't want to humour them for they are deceptive.

The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you.
Donna
Faith is the living power that presses through every barrier, overrides all obstacles, and plants its banner in the heart of the enemy’s camp. 4T 163.3

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2011, 08:07:05 AM »
Is the day closer than it was when we last spoke of His soon coming?  And Satan has his counterfeit. Harold Camping is preparing to be raptured in just 12 days. And there are thousands more that believe the end of the world is coming in 2012.  There are false prophets and false Christs. Jesus warned us.

"Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.  Behold, I have told you before. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.  For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."  Matthew 24:23-27.

Harold Camping is a false prophet. Jesus is not coming on May 21, neither will Harold Camping be caught up in the air to meet Jesus. "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."  1 Thess. 4:16,17.

It is interesting to note that those dead in Christ will also be "raptured" with the living when Jesus comes!  Deceptions abound. The "elect" will not be deceived!

godsway dzokoto

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2015, 03:16:47 PM »
Amos 3
 7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
We know we have no time left our redeemer is near,  all that he said about his second coming has been fulfilled. Revelations 7 and 14 (the seal) is on the run and the last act we are waiting for 2 Thessalonians 2
 1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
 2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
Revelation 17
 5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Revelation 18
 4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Revelation 14
 9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
 10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

colporteur

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2015, 07:36:27 PM »
Is the day closer than it was when we last spoke of His soon coming?  And Satan has his counterfeit. Harold Camping is preparing to be raptured in just 12 days. And there are thousands more that believe the end of the world is coming in 2012.  There are false prophets and false Christs. Jesus warned us.

"Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.  Behold, I have told you before. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.  For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."  Matthew 24:23-27.

Harold Camping is a false prophet. Jesus is not coming on May 21, neither will Harold Camping be caught up in the air to meet Jesus. "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."  1 Thess. 4:16,17.

It is interesting to note that those dead in Christ will also be "raptured" with the living when Jesus comes!  Deceptions abound. The "elect" will not be deceived!

The other day Camping said " To try to do anything to please God puts us under the wrath of God." Then he said that we should try to keep the commandments but we cannot.

If we are not seeking to please God then why should we try to obey him ? Brownie points ? Camping is totally confused. Imagine someone saying to a little boy, "If you try to please your daddy he will be very angry." It does not get any more stupid than that.

Well maybe it does. Then Camping said repeatedly that "Jesus came to neutralize the law." He was talking about the law of God not the law of sin and death.

He also said that Japheth's rash act in vowing to offer the first thing that came through his door was ordained of God.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2015, 07:37:35 AM »
Yes, cp. What do we expect from a false prophet?  Since he is dead, it is now those who continue to repeat his false teaching that are responsible.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2015, 07:47:00 AM »

We know we have no time left our redeemer is near,  all that he said about his second coming has been fulfilled. Revelations 7 and 14 (the seal) is on the run and the last act we are waiting for 2 Thessalonians 2

Welcome to our fellowship dzokoto!  Yes, Jesus is coming soon! We have been given markers that we would know how soon. The last steps will be rapid ones. God is preparing a people to receive Jesus. Are we working with Him? Are we becoming like Him? By beholding Him we are transformed into His image. "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." 2 Corinthians 3:18.

You have chosen a good area to make your first post. Any time we are discussing the King of Kings we are being a good witness. We look forward to hearing more of your thoughts about Jesus.

godsway dzokoto

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2016, 02:29:13 PM »
Amos 3
 7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
 1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
 2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
Revelation 17
 5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Revelation 18
 4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Revelation 14
 9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
 10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: