Author Topic: The Soon Coming of the King!  (Read 14861 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
The Soon Coming of the King!
« on: June 12, 2004, 07:03:00 AM »
Jesus promised us that by certain signs we should know the nearness of His coming. Is He coming soon and how can we know this?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 12:58:00 PM »
Richard, I feel He is right at our door step.  He tells His apostles in Matthew 24, what to look for such as Satan's   deceptions, wars, famine, etc.... Now take a look at the world today.  Everyday a new sign appears....every day....  AIDS, Mad Cow Disease, the actions of Rome and the pope.... earthquakes, hurricanes, terrorism, murders, drugs,  there is no end to this list.  Every day I wonder how it can get any worse, OH Yes, then we see  with our own eyes, how it can get even worse than worse.

My greatest prayer each morning is, Lord, please give me the strength to cope, and please protect me and my family.

Just this last week an 8 year old was raped, abused, right in the back of my place by the river.  I am holding a garage sale  and many poor people have come, one  Christian  lady has been beaten by her drunken husband, he burned all her clothes, and part of the furniture, she has 4 children fortunatly they are 15 to 20.... they are poor....one does have a job.  My Jordy was hit in the face, pushed in the river by a big brute. He is told not to tell us, and is terrified. My papayas were stolen off my trees.

Lord, protect our family and  those searching for comfort and love, help us all to keep so close to Jesus, in His love and guidance, I pray.

[This message has been edited by Ele Holmes (edited 06-13-2004).]

I do not understand ICQ, cookies, UBB, HTML, homepage???

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 07:04:00 AM »
"For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark..." Matthew 24:38.

We see the same today. Jesus continues "And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be." verse 39.

Sorry to hear about the troubles so close to home, Sister Ele. They will continue to increase until the door is closed. Signs of the soon coming of our Lord!  

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 07:24:00 AM »
Oh yes, Richard, He, Our King, is coming so soon. It is our privilege to enjoy the abiding presence of Christ in our hearts while we wait for that exciting day of His return.

He says, "If a man love Me, he will keep My words, and My Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make Our abode with him." John 14:23  This is the identification that we must have with Christ in this world, so we are identified as His saints in the mansions that He has gone to prepare for us that love Him.  We must know Christ here, on this earth, if we want to see the KING in His beauty.  We are to show to the world the power that comes to those who live the life of Christ.

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2004, 05:47:00 AM »
He is coming soon and we must be ready and waiting for His appearing.  O how glorious it will be be to see Him, and be welcomed as His redeemed ones!  We have waited so long.  If we can but see the King in His beauty, we shall be forever and forever blessed.  I feel  as if I must cry aloud,  "Homeward bound."

Do we really know Christ?  We must know Him here if we ever want to see our King in His beauty.  We are to show to the world the power that comes to those who live the life of Christ.

Brad

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2004, 10:47:00 PM »
Ele, Sister White has a great statement in DA page 347 about knowing Jesus.

" It is not enough to believe about Christ; we must believe in Him. The only faith that will benefit us is that which embraces Him as a personal Saviour; which appropriates His merits to ourselves. Many hold faith as an opinion. Saving faith is a transaction by which those who receive Christ join themselves in covenant relation with God. Genuine faith is life. A living faith means an increase of vigor, a confiding trust, by which the soul becomes a conquering power."

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2004, 10:58:00 PM »
This is why the Bible says that even satan believes. He believes because he knows Christ is true. He knows because of experience. There is no way he could not believe that Jesus really is God's Son. But.... the big difference is that he may know Christ is who He says He is, but he does not believe IN CHRIST as his Saviour.

There is a big difference between knowing about Jesus and knowing Him and believing in His Saving Power for us.

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2004, 07:12:00 AM »
Yes Brad, and Sister Marie, "WE MUST BELIEVE IN HIM."

The gospel message proclaimed by Christ's disciples was the announcement of His first advent to the world.  It bore to men the good tidings of salvation through faith in Him.  It pointed forward to His SECOND COMING in glory to redeem His people, and it set before men the hope, through faith and obedience, of sharing the inheritance of the saints in light.  

This message is given to men today, and at this time there is coupled with it the accouncement of Christ's SECOND COMING is at hand.  

The signs which He Himself gave of His coming hae been fulfilled, and by the teaching of God's word we may know that the Lord is at the door. (Taken from COL 226)

[This message has been edited by Ele Holmes (edited 09-19-2004).]

Cop

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2004, 04:48:00 PM »
I sincerely believe that time is very, very short. I seldom speak of the things I have seen except to other officers. We often have set around talking of how evil the world is and how it is steadily growing more so every day.

I have spoken of a little of what the world is really like to a close SDA friend and he says he does not doubt what I say, but he just cannot imagine the things I have told him. He says that most Christians (himself included) cannot comprehend how evil and wicked man is when Satan controls him.

Time is so very short. Soon we will be free from sin and evil. Soon we will see our God and be with Him forever more!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2004, 09:46:00 PM »
Amen, dear brother, amen!

Sister Marie

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2004, 09:11:00 AM »
It is hard to imagine that anyone cannot seem to see how evil is advancing tremendously..day by day. But many do not see this. They are so wound up with people's "rights" that they forget that when one cannot put our rights above what God Will for us is. But people don't seem to care. They go for Abortion because it sees good being it give women their "right". They go for gay marriages because it gives these people their "rights". These are not rights, they are abominations.

When we do not have our hearts with the Lord the ways of the world will look white when they are really black as coal. Satan will deceive most.

When we give in to some abominations satan grabs hold and we see godless men (regardless of what they my say they believe) leading mankind into hate and sin and great suffering. We are closing in on the end and the world cannot see it, all they see is what they desire and their minds are closed to the evil around them.

Save us dear Lord and bring us through this time just ahead praising Your Dear Name. Amen

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2004, 07:44:00 PM »
Amen Sister Marie, You are so right, tt  sure is so sad when people cannot believe  the evil in this world is so bad.

Thank you Cop for your post and your sharing in the truth.  God bless you in your work.  How hard is it to be a cop and yet follow our heavenly Father's ways.

I was just talking to one of the boys here, and he says, I have my own religion,  I don't need to go to a church, I don't believe in your strict rules, nor do I believe in many things  about----- and he mentioned different religions.   I can't even talk to someone like that about our Lord. He refuses to believe any of it.

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2004, 05:49:00 AM »
Why, OH WHY! Don't people wake up!  Men are putting far off the coming of the Lord.  they laugh at warnings.  The proud boast is made and they tell us, "It is no different today than it was years ago." "Tomorrow will  be no different than today." Why don't they see it???

This same Jesus, compassionate, tender, is coming again, as we all know.  On the Mount of Olives He told His disciples the signs that will precede His coming.  But the day and the hour He has not revealed.

The whole world is full of rioting, wars,  full of godless pleasure.  They are asleep, asleep in carnal security.  

They are dying by the dozens from hurricanes.  Thousands go to Mount St. Helens to watch the smoke, the fires  burning inside, ready to blow....  "We've always had earthquakes," you hear them say as  eight or ten pass under their feet in rolicking jestures.

Dearest Heavenly Father, Guide us in becoming the watchman, blowing those trumpets, warning our family, our friends.  It is time, not for nice gentle words of the love of Jesus, BUT for the real truth of His coming SO VERY SOON, telling them to wake up, to pray, to change their ways, to ask the Holy Spirit for truth and believe it.  Tell them  they will not be in heaven if they have not confessed their sins, and repented of them.  Have we done this?

Cop

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2004, 10:35:00 AM »
Ele,

It may be that I am hard-hearted, but I believe we are so close to the close of Probation, that most have already made their decision rather to serve God or not. We know the majority will continue to serve their God Satan because they love sin and the things of the world more than what Christ offers.
Matthew 7
13   Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14   Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Over the years, I've watched so many choose Satan and acknowledge God does exist, but they want no part of His Kingdom. They choose to enjoy their 'heaven' now and death afterwards. There is no excuse.
Romans 1:
19   Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20   For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

I have listened to some as they were dying. They would curse God and Christ with the most horrible blasphemies as death came on them. They blamed Him, not Satan or themselves, for the results of their choice. They do not want to surrender their wills to Him, they want no part of His wonderful love and choose destruction.

You said: "It is time, not for nice gentle words of the love of Jesus, BUT for the real truth of His coming SO VERY SOON, telling them to wake up, to pray, to change their ways, to ask the Holy Spirit for truth and believe it."

So true, so very true..."Tell them they will not be in heaven if they have not confessed their sins, and repented of them. Have we done this?" If we haven't, what do we have to tell them?

------------------
Psalm 11:3

If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

WendyForsyth

• http://
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2004, 01:02:00 PM »
Amen Brother Cop! I agree. We are at about 1 min. till midnight and I pray everyday that the Lord will preserve my children. They are in the most secure environment, yet I see the handiwork of Satan in them. I get compliments from all over that they are the best behaved children people have ever seen, yet just this morning my two boys went at each other's throats. They have NEVER done this before. We need to be praying for protection for our children, and for their eternal salvation, then be ready to trust the Lord in whatever way He sees fit to preserve them for His Kingdom.
I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2004, 02:40:00 PM »
It is indeed "late". God is letting go of the winds of strife. We see it all around us.

There is a message to Christians today. It is found in the third chapter of the Book of Revelation. Jesus is speaking to us telling us the time is short. He warns us. He also tells us the solution to our Laodicean condition, which is a lost state. We need to flee to Christ. Time is about over.

seed

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2004, 01:15:00 PM »
Luke 21:28 says, "And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh."

As we look around us and see all the confusion, the turmoil, the lack of godliness, we know Christ's coming cannot be too far away.  We need to walk daily in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2004, 12:48:00 PM »
Amen!

We live in that day that the prophets desired to see. How do we prepare for the soon coming of Christ? What are we to do?

Liane H

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2004, 08:40:00 PM »
We are to witness, witness and witness of Jesus.

Before that we are to prepare ourselves for the coming of the King and help others to be prepared for the coming as well.

That requires us to study the Word, follow the Word and live the Word. And the Word is Jesus Christ our Saviour and Lord.

The King of Kings.

Liane  

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Sister Marie

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2004, 10:08:00 AM »
The world is falling farther and farther away from it Creator and His People need to be coming closer and closer to Him. Becoming more and ever more separated from the world and it's ways.

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie