Author Topic: Coming to Christ  (Read 19425 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
Coming to Christ
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2004, 10:25:00 AM »
Some may think that this concern is only for the new Christian, but not so. Many who have been faithful suffer greatly when they are taken by surprise and sin. They feel their sin is so great they cannot face Jesus. This is not so. Christ loves this sinner as much as any other. Those who are forgiven much love much. Where sin abounds, grace does much more abound.

It may seem as being in a pit. How does one extricate himself from such a pit that sin digs?

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
Coming to Christ
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2004, 10:55:00 AM »
We can not do this.....  of us there is nothing good or worthwhile.......  alone!

But when we go to Jesus, with humility knowing that we are not so wise and so smart as we would like to believe, but rather see that in the light of Jesus we can indeed be whole. When in the pit of sin, we fall upon our knees and ask Jesus for the help we need to overcome and for forgiveness of the past, He will reach all the way down to where we are and lift us out of that pit as the shovel we had been trying to get out with falls back in the pit. Only He can save us, there is nothing but asking for this gift that we can do. Once taken out however, we will be so greatful that we will do all we can do to please our Lord, and through Him we can and will become overcomers and be ready for Jesus when our time comes or He comes to take us home.

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
Coming to Christ
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2004, 03:21:00 PM »
Beautifully said Sister Marie.  I understand how to get out of the pit, but I pray I don't fall back in it. With full comfession and repentance, I go to Jesus,  again and again and again.... I must learn to stay out of that pit forever.  When you are around a very, very optimistic, argumentive, know-it-all type of person,  or persons, daily, it becomes so hard to love, to be gentle, to be humble, to say, "I will not be able to  cook for you for a while, please help me". OR "Yes I will be glad to do anything you want.  Do you need anything now?"  I hang on so tight at times, to Jesus hand,  but the moment I let go, even for I second, I get overwhelmed with  problems, trials, temptations....  God help me, and help us all..... Love in Jesus.
I do not understand ICQ, cookies, UBB, HTML, homepage???

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
Coming to Christ
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2004, 03:36:00 PM »
How often Christ comes to me, and I want to discern His fresh foosteps, I want to eat His words and have eternal life.  I need more study, more earnest meditation and communion with Christ. I need to listen for His still small voice, and to rest by faith in His love.  I then will have a much more healthful experience, and become a much better Christain.

Go to Christ, all who have the problems of life....He is waiting. He is knocking on our door. OPEN it today.  I have,  and I will  receive His love, His inspiration and all what it takes to bring back the joy in my heart. Amen

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Coming to Christ
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2004, 10:13:00 PM »
Amen, dear sisters! "The Pit", that we dig for ourselves is the worst place to be. We know we have done it to ourselves and therefore we have a hard time going to Jesus and asking for forgiveness. Satan speaks to us the truth abour our sinful condition and how there is no excuse for what we have done. He tells us how we have injured others and even God. We are tempted to great discouragement. BUT!! We have Bibles and we know our God. There is no sin that is too dark for Him to forgive. We see the length to which our God went in order that we might be forgiven. As we read His Word and pray to Him confessing our sins, He speaks to our hearts words of great love and tender compassion for us wretched sinners.

Let us allow Christ to cleanse us of all our filthiness. This is His promise!

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
Coming to Christ
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2004, 10:39:00 AM »
"Let us allow Christ to cleanse us from all our filthiness..." Amen Richard

Many of us are confused as to what constitutes the first steps in the work of our salvation. In 1SM 390, Ellen White  explains it clearly:  "Repentance is thought to be a work the sinner must do for himself in order that he may come to Christ.... While it is true that repentance must precede forgiveness, for it is only the broken and contrite heart that is acceptable to God, yet the sinner cannot bring himself to repentance, or prepare himself to come to Christ.... The very first step to Christ is taken through the drawing of the Holy Spirit, as man responds to this drawing, he advances toward Christ in order that he may repent."

With full sorrow and repentance, our sins are forgiven.  This is Justification by faith.  This is a gift of Christ.  Yes, this is a promise directly  from Christ.

Come to Christ for everything.... LEARN OF HIM....Come and He will give you repentance, COME and He will help you in your depressed state, COME, and He will bring joy into your heart, COME and he will advise you in your marriage problems.... children problems...all your problems.   COME TO CHRIST.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Coming to Christ
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2004, 03:34:00 PM »
Amen, Sister Ele!

King David was a filthy rotten killer. He plotted the death of the husband whose wife he had stolen. The knowledge of his sin caused him great loss later in life. But, he knew in whom he trusted and he knew he was forgiven. Read about it in the Psalms.

We too, can be forgiven just as David was. We must believe God. We must take Him at His Word! We must know Him.

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
Coming to Christ
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2004, 06:26:00 AM »
This post is a part of todays Sabbath School lesson.  Isaiah is one of my favorite books.  Clive printed out the entire chapter 58 today...  Read Sabbath School every day, it will keep you close to Christ all day.... And read the rest of this  quote from EGW.

Coming to Christ does not require severe mental effort and agony; it is simply accepting the terms of salvation that God has made plain in his Word. The blessing is free to all.  The invitatioin is, “Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters,”  (Isa.55:1).

Then come, and seek and find....  Come with humble hearts, not thinking that you must do some good thing to merit the favour of God, or that you must make yourself better before you can come to Christ.  You  are powerless to do good, and cannot better your condition.  Apart from Christ, we have no merit, nor righteousness.  Our sinfulness, our weakness, our human imperfections, make it impossible that we should appear before God unless we are clothed in Christ’s spotless righteousness.  We are to be found in Him, not having our own righteousness, but the righteousness which is in Christ.  Then in the name that is above every name, the only name given among men whereby we can be saved, claim the promise of God, saying, “Lord, forgive my sin, I put my hand in thy hand for help, and I must have it or perish, I now believe.”  The Savior says to the repenting sinner, “No man cometh unto the Father, but by Me, and him that cometh unto Me I will in no wise cast out.”....   BEcho 04-15-93

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Coming to Christ
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2004, 10:44:00 AM »
Amen!

We would all drawn to Christ if we did not resist His efforts. "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." John 12:32. The first step toward salvation is to respond to the drawing of the love of Christ. God sends message after message to men, calling them to repentance, that He may forgive, and write pardon against their names. Shall there be no repentance? Shall His appeals be unheeded? Shall His overtures of mercy be ignored, and His love utterly rejected?  Then man will cut himself off from the medium through which he may gain eternal life, for God only pardons the penitent! By the manifestation of His love, by the entreating of His Spirit, He woos men to repentance; for repentance is the gift of God, and whom He pardons He first makes penitent. The sweetest joy comes to man through his sincere repentance toward God for the transgression of His law, and through faith in Christ as the sinner's Redeemer and Advocate. It is that men may understand the joy of forgiveness, the peace of God, that Christ draws them through the manifestation of His love. If they respond to His drawing, yielding their hearts to His grace, He will lead them on step by step, to a full knowledge of Himself, and this is life eternal.

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
Coming to Christ
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2004, 09:41:00 AM »
"This question will come up, Is it by conditions that we receive salvation? Never by condition do we come to Christ.... When God is calling the sinner in our world, and inviting him, there is no condition there, he is drawn by the invitation of Christ and it is not, "Now you have got to respond in order to come to God."  The sinner comes, and as he comes and views Christ elevated upon that cross of Calvary, which God impresses upon his mind, there is a LOVE beyond anything that is imagined that he has taken hold of.  And what then?  As he beholds that love, why he says that he is a sinner, Well, tjhen, what is sin?  Why at once he has to come here to find out.  There is no definition given in our world but that transgression is the transgrssion of the law, and therefore he finds out what sin is.  And there is repentance toward God, and what then?   Faith toward our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ that can speak pardon to the transgressor."   1888 537

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
Coming to Christ
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2004, 08:58:00 AM »
Are you in a hurry?  Do you need a quick fix?  Just go to the grocery store today, and you will be able to buy any kind of a QUICK MEAL or DRINK you may need immediatly.

Today I have an offer for all who may need a quick fix, a peaceful heart,  a joyful soul, a restful mind,   JUST COME TO CHRIST....BELIEVE ME IT WORKS. (Or spend and hour in TRO rereading Christ's love and sufferings) If we had a price tag on it, people would buy a double protion, but because it is free, there are very few.  "It is so very sad to watch people die when help is so near." Come to Christ, and watch miracles happen.   Love  through our Jesus, Ele

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Coming to Christ
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2004, 06:48:00 AM »
It is so true, Sister Ele. What price tag can we put on eternal life and the peace it brings? How few are willing to accept it. Why? Why to so many not come to Christ? Because it requires humility and sacrifice. We have not these to give, but if we would come to Christ, He would give them to us.

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
Coming to Christ
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2004, 06:08:00 PM »
HOW TO GLORIFY GOD
We do not appreciate the love of God as we should.  When God gave his Son to die for the sins of men, he gave all Heaven in that one gift.  There was nothing that God could withhold from humanity after giving up his beloved Son, for Christ himself had assumed humanity.  He was made a child that he might understand the temptations of childhood, and know its weaknesses and be able to help the children to be overcomers.  He passed from youth to manhood and carried our griefs and bore our sorrows.  He was tempted in all points like as we are, yet without sin.  When we COME TO HIM in sincerity pleading for pardon, he forgives.... We cannot do works that will commend us to God when we have sinned.  We must come to the cross, and lay our burden of sin upon Jesus Christ, and believe that we are pardoned for Christ's sake who died for us.....Those who have sinned must hang their helpless souls on Christ. ST-09-30-89

Let us Glorify  our God as He deserves....

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
Coming to Christ
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2004, 08:22:00 AM »
Dear Friends of Jesus,
I hope and pray that you know that Christ will receive all who come unto Him by faith. Yet thousands are perishing in their sins, reckless in their disobedience of God's law. And many in their blindness become offended, because they are meeting a false standard. It is the loving and obedient heart that will come unto Christ, and His promise is, "Him that cometh to me I will in nowise cast out."

Read your Bible about this wonderful Friend we have, read how He yearns for us to COME TO HIM. When you hear Him knock, please open that door and let Him in, and you will never regret it. God Bless us all.

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
Coming to Christ
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2004, 07:07:00 AM »
I don't know about you, but every day lately, there is such a challenge just to survive and stay close to our Lord.

We are told, "Ask and ye shall receive, Then come, and seek, and find."  The reservoir of power is open, is full and free. (I sure praise the Lord for that)

Come with humble hearts, not thinking that you must do some good thing to merit the favor of God, or that you must make yourself better before you can come to Christ.  You can never do anything to better your condition.  In the name of Jesus, COME with full assurancee of faith, because you are a sinner.... Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.  You are to ask, to seek, to knock, and to believe that you are accepted through Christ Jesus, trusting Him alone to do those things for you which you can never do for yourself.  ST 08-22-92

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
Coming to Christ
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2004, 08:05:00 AM »
When we think our trials are so big we can't find a way out, there is only one place to go....COME TO JESUS.  rereading these quotes brings me so close to Him. "If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink." Come to His fountain of life.

By faith we are to believe His promises, and to provide ourselves with the abundant blessings which have been secured for us through Christ Jesus.  Hope is set before us, even the hope of eternal life.

We may expect to suffer; for it is those who are partakers with Him in His sufferings, who shall be partakers with Him in His glory.  He has purchased forgiveness for my sinful perishing soul, but it is my part to receive this gift of faith.  Let us contemplate the glorious hope that is set before us, and by faith lay hold of it.

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
Coming to Christ
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2004, 09:33:00 AM »
As watchmen for Christ, let us blow the trumpet, giving the last call to COME TO CHRIST just as we are.

Today's Sabbath School post told us that God does not promise His people exemption from trials, BUT He promises that which is far better.  He says, "My GRACE is sufficient for thee; for my strength is made perfect in weakness."

Let us take each day's cares and sorrows and trials to Jesus, casting all our cares upon Him; for He cares so much for us.  Let us begin each day as if it were the last day on earth. Let us come so close to Christ through prayer that we become co-labourers togther with Him.  He then will bestow upon us heavenly gifts that will satisfy the deepest cravings of our heart.  Such joy will be given to us.  And He says, "COME".

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
Coming to Christ
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2004, 08:49:00 AM »
You may have ears, and not hear. You may have eyes, and not see the light, nor receive the illumination that God has provided for you. You may close the door to light as effectually as the Pharisees closed the door to Christ when he taught among them. They would not receive the light and
knowledge he brought, because it did not come in the way they had expected it to come.

Christ was the light of the world, and if they had received the light he graciously brought to them, it would have resulted in their salvation, but they rejected the Holy One of Israel. Christ said of them that they loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved." He said, "Ye will not COME TO ME that ye might have life." The way was open; but by their own course of action they closed the door, and severed their connection with Christ. RH 03-26-89

We may do the same by rejecting light and truth. COME TO CHRIST.  HE IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD.  He is there always when we need Him.  He has all our answers to  our prayers. Abide in Him and He will abide in you, guiding you moment by moment.

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
Coming to Christ
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2005, 07:53:00 AM »
With todays trials, problems, sufferings, THERE IS ONLY ONE SOLUTION:  COME TO CHRIST!

Let the repenting soul repeat the promises that Jesus has made,--"Him that cometh unto Me I will in no wise cast out." Let him tell the enemy, "The blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."  Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners.  Paul adds, "of whom I am chief."

Tell the enemy that you know your garments are stained with sin, but that by faith you claim the righteousness of Christ. TURN TO JESUS, and tell Him all your troubles; Christ  knows all your temptations and sorrows. The enemy will suggest that you stay away from Christ until you have made yourself better, until you are good enough to come to God; but do not listen to his suggestions; for if you wait till you are good enough to come to God, you will never come.

"Now is the accepted time, now is the day of salvation." You are to yield to the drawing power of Christ's love to-day, and COME TO HIM AS YOU ARE. As you come, He will continue to draw you.... When the enemy would keep you from your Saviour, accusing you of being a sinner, tell him that you are entitled to go to the Lord, since He has said, "I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to
repentance."