Author Topic: The Righteousness of Christ  (Read 11517 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Righteousness of Christ
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2013, 11:19:33 AM »
When coming to this topic, the righteousness of Christ, we need to keep in mind what it is. I like this thought; it is the "loveliness of Jesus".  Listen to His Words and study His life. Is He not a revelation of all that is good? He said of Himself  "Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father." John 14:9.  Jesus is the Word made flesh.  He is God in the flesh. Satan has done all that he can to malign the character of our God, but Jesus has given us a correct view of the God who made heaven and Earth and all that in them is. A God so powerful that He speaks and the world comes into being. He speaks and the sun appears! Yet, so gentle, loving, and kind, that not even a sparrow falls from the air escapes His attention. He knows the number of hairs on your head!

So lovely that He will and does forgive even those who put Him upon the cross. That is you and I.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Peter L

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2013, 07:42:50 PM »
Psalms 119:172 KJV
(172)  My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.

Jesus lived a perfect life and to be given His righteousness we stand as though we have always been commandment keepers. We stand before God with His perfect robe of righteousness
Revelation 3:20
(20)  Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2013, 09:25:09 PM »
Amen, those who are abiding in Christ are forgiven of all their confessed sins and all sins not known to be sin. It is as if we had never sinned. It is the gift of His righteousness that He both imparts and imputes to the repentant sinner. It is a supernatural power that comes when Jesus takes possession of the heart.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Peter L

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2013, 11:30:49 PM »
The Law requires us to be perfect, something we cannot offer. Christ who lived a perfect life gives us His perfect righteousness. We are to walk in a state of constant surrender.
Revelation 3:20
(20)  Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Glen

• Rescue the perishing, care for the dying...
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2013, 07:45:29 AM »
Amen, Brethren!

1 Peter 4:
3 For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries:

It is impossible for man in his own unaided strength to overcome the natural propensities to evil. ST April 4, 1895.6

It is possible for man, aided by divine strength, "to overcome the natural propensities to evil."

Without the Life of the indwelling Christ; we are, as the saying goes, "without a prayer", and grossly unable to...present (our) bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God... Romans 12:1

...the child of God hid in Christ, meets with God, and is lost in the divine being. Prayer is the life of the soul...
Heaven, p. 171.5

The impartation of the Spirit is the impartation of the life of Christ. Those only who are thus taught of God, those only who possess the inward working of the Spirit, and in whose life the Christ-life is manifested...stand as true representatives of the Saviour....  Gods Amazing Grace, p. 212.4

Christ promised that the Holy Spirit should abide with those who wrestle for victory over sin, to demonstrate the power of divine might by endowing the human agent with supernatural strength and instructing the ignorant in the mysteries of the kingdom of God....  Gods Amazing Grace, p. 212.5

When one is fully emptied of self, when every false god is cast out of the soul, the vacuum is filled by the inflowing of the Spirit of Christ. Such a one has the faith that purifies the soul from defilement. He is conformed to the Spirit, and he minds the things of the Spirit. He has no confidence in self. Christ is all and in all.  Gods Amazing Grace, p. 212.6

Every sin must be renounced as the hateful thing that crucified the Lord of life and glory, and the believer must have a progressive experience by continually doing the works of Christ. It is by continual surrender of the will, by continual obedience, that the blessing of justification is retained. Selected Messages Book 1, p. 397.1

...Individually, we are to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. It is God who works in us, and by us, and through us. Godís word is the sword of the Spirit, and with a knowledge of revealed truth, which is our spiritual weapon, we must go to work, laboring to pull down the strong-holds of the enemy. The truth must be spoken in love...
RH March 8, 1887, par. 1

What a prayer was that which came forth from the lips of Daniel! What humbling of soul it reveals! The warmth of heavenly fire was recognized in the words that were going upward to God. Heaven responded to that prayer by sending its messenger to Daniel. In this our day, prayers offered in like manner will prevail with God. ďThe effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth muchĒ (James 5:16). As in ancient times, when prayer was offered, fire descended from heaven and consumed the sacrifice upon the altar, so in answer to our prayers, the heavenly fire will come into our souls. The light and power of the Holy Spirit will be ours.... That God who heard Danielís prayer will hear ours when we come to Him in contrition. Our necessities are as urgent, our difficulties are as great, and we need to have the same intensity of purpose, and in faith roll our burden upon the great Burden Bearer. There is need for hearts to be as deeply moved in our time as in the time when Daniel prayed. The Review and Herald, February 9, 1897.

With the great truth we have been privileged to receive, we should, and under the Holy Spiritís power we could, become living channels of light. We could then approach the mercy-seat; and seeing the bow of promise, kneel with contrite hearts, and seek the kingdom of heaven with a spiritual violence that would bring its own reward. We would take it by force, as did Jacob. Then our message would be the power of God unto salvation. Our supplications would be full of earnestness, full of a sense of our great need; and we would not be denied. The truth would be expressed by life and character, and by lips touched with the living coal from off God's altar. When this experience is ours, we shall be lifted out of our poor, cheap selves, that we have cherished so tenderly. We shall empty our hearts of the corroding power of selfishness, and shall be filled with praise and gratitude to God. We shall magnify the Lord, the God of all grace, who has magnified Christ. And He will reveal His power through us, making us as sharp sickles in the harvest-field.
The Review and Herald, February 14, 1899.

That the efforts of Godís workers may be successful, they must receive the grace and efficiency that He alone can give. ďAsk, and ye shall receiveĒ (John 16:24), is the promise. Then why not take time to ask, to open the mind to the impressions of the Holy Spirit, that the soul may be revived by a fresh supply of life? Christ Himself was much in prayer. Whenever He had opportunity, He went apart to be alone with God. As we bow before God in humble prayer, He places a live coal from His altar upon our lips, sanctifying them to the work of giving Bible truth to the people. 7T251.1

...Jesus...will live through (YOU), giving (YOU) the inspiration of His sanctifying Spirit, imparting to (YOUR) soul a vital transfusion of Himself. Sabbath-School Worker 02-01-96.03  ...as the blood is in the body, and circulate there as a vitalizing power... 7T 189.02

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2013, 09:57:29 PM »
I was listening to this song tonight and thought that it would be most appropriate for this topic here.  The music will start automatically when opening this page. To turn it off, just exit the page or pause it here using the controls below.   

Who am I that a king would bleed and die for?  Precious Jesus will lead me, even unworthy me, and will bring me to the haven of rest at last, if I humbly follow where he leads. If Satan tempts you to believe you are unworthy, tell him he is right, but that you have a Saviour that died for you while you were a great sinner! Tell him that Christ came into the world to save sinners. We have nothing to recommend us to God; but the plea that we may urge now and ever is our utterly helpless condition that makes His redeeming power a necessity. Renouncing all self-dependence, we may look to the cross of Calvary and say,-- "In my hand no price I bring; Simply to Thy cross I cling."   
From our Heavenly Music Forum

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2013, 06:57:02 AM »
Have you noticed the opposition to the truth?  Satan is ever ready to offer resistance to the work that Christ is doing for the souls of men. Jesus asks, "Is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?" Have I not chosen this people for myself? Although they have transgressed, the command is given, "Take away the filthy garments." This will be said concerning every soul that truly repents of sin, and believes in Christ. The righteousness of Christ will be imparted unto him. Christ came to bring divine power to man, to clothe him in his righteousness. He says, "I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands." He knows us by name. He knows all our trials and sorrows. He has wept and prayed, and he knows how to succor everyone who mourns. Satan will tell you that you cannot hope in God's mercy; that you are too great a sinner to be saved. But you should tell him that Jesus has said, "I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."   

When Christ bowed on the banks of Jordan, he offered up a prayer in behalf of humanity, and heaven was opened unto him, and the Spirit of God descended in the form of a dove of burnished gold, and encircled his form, and a voice came from heaven which said, "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." What did this mean? It meant that heaven was opened to the petitions of humanity. When Jesus died on Calvary, the Father accepted the sacrifice, and humanity was exalted in the scale of moral worth with God, because Christ had become a partaker of humanity, and had undertaken its redemption. 

The proclamation of Christ on the cross, "It is finished," tells us that we are prisoners of hope. There are many who idolize feeling. But our hope is not founded upon feeling; it is founded on the word of God. Has not God given us abundant evidences of His love? Let us point to Calvary. The light of the cross should dispel every doubt from our minds. God loves us, and He wants to save us. We should cling to Jesus, and lay hold on the merit of a crucified and risen Saviour. He is our perfection. He has brought us his righteousness at an infinite cost. Will you accept it?

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2013, 06:35:44 AM »
Salvation is not to be a mystery. It is the greatest miracle that God can do, but we need to understand that the plan of salvation is clearly revealed in Scripture. It is wholly centered in Christ. We have a part to play in our own salvation. When we understand, then we are to carry this message to others.

The Lord in His great mercy sent a most precious message to His people through Elders Waggoner and Jones. This message was to bring more prominently before the world the uplifted Saviour, the sacrifice for the sins of the whole world. It presented justification through faith in the Surety; it invited the people to receive the righteousness of Christ, which is made manifest in obedience to all the commandments of God. Many had lost sight of Jesus. They needed to have their eyes directed to His divine person, His merits, and His changeless love for the human family. All power is given into His hands, that He may dispense rich gifts unto men, imparting the priceless gift of His own righteousness to the helpless human agent. This is the message that God commanded to be given to the world. It is the third angel's message, which is to be proclaimed with a loud voice, and attended with the outpouring of His Spirit in a large measure. 

The uplifted Saviour is to appear in His efficacious work as the Lamb slain, sitting upon the throne, to dispense the priceless covenant blessings, the benefits He died to purchase for every soul who should believe on Him. John could not express that love in words; it was too deep, too broad; he calls upon the human family to behold it. Christ is pleading for the church in the heavenly courts above, pleading for those for whom He paid the redemption price of His own lifeblood. Centuries, ages, can never diminish the efficacy of this atoning sacrifice. The message of the gospel of His grace was to be given to the church in clear and distinct lines, that the world should no longer say that Seventh-day Adventists talk the law, the law, but do not teach or believe Christ. 

The efficacy of the blood of Christ was to be presented to the people with freshness and power, that their faith might lay hold upon its merits. As the high priest sprinkled the warm blood upon the mercy seat, while the fragrant cloud of incense ascended before God, so while we confess our sins and plead the efficacy of Christ's atoning blood, our prayers are to ascend to heaven, fragrant with the merits of our Saviour's character. Notwithstanding our unworthiness, we are ever to bear in mind that there is One that can take away sin and save the sinner. Every sin acknowledged before God with a contrite heart, He will remove. This faith is the life of the church. As the serpent was lifted up in the wilderness by Moses, and all that had been bitten by the fiery serpents were bidden to look and live, so also the Son of man must be lifted up, that "whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." 

(continued)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2013, 06:39:15 AM »
Our message which has been lost, presents justification through faith in Christ. It invites the people to receive the righteousness of Christ, which is made manifest in obedience to all the commandments of God.

(continued)

Unless he makes it his life business to behold the uplifted Saviour, and by faith to accept the merits which it is his privilege to claim, the sinner can no more be saved than Peter could walk upon the water unless he kept his eyes fixed steadily upon Jesus. Now, it has been Satan's determined purpose to eclipse the view of Jesus and lead men to look to man, and trust to man, and be educated to expect help from man. For years the church has been looking to man and expecting much from man, but not looking to Jesus, in whom our hopes of eternal life are centered. Therefore God gave to His servants a testimony that presented the truth as it is in Jesus, which is the third angel's message, in clear, distinct lines. John's words are to be sounded by God's people, that all may discern the light and walk in the light: "He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: He that cometh from heaven is above all. And what He hath seen and heard, that He testifieth; and no man receiveth His testimony. He that hath received His testimony hath set to his seal that God is true. For He whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto Him. The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into His hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

This is the testimony that must go throughout the length and breadth of the world. It presents the law and the gospel, binding up the two in a perfect whole. (See Romans 5 and 1 John 3:9 to the close of the chapter.) These precious scriptures will be impressed upon every heart that is opened to receive them. "The entrance of Thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple"--those who are contrite in heart. "As many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name."  These have not a mere nominal faith, a theory of truth, a legal religion, but they believe to a purpose, appropriating to themselves the richest gifts of God. They plead for the gift, that they may give to others. They can say, "Of His fullness have all we received, and grace for grace." 

"He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent His only-begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and His love is perfected in us. Hereby know we that we dwell in Him, and He in us, because He hath given us of His Spirit."

wigina

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2013, 09:56:42 AM »
Brothers  and sisters reading through, I just realized how good a liar satan is. The war is about Gods law. Lucifer in all his splendor caused a third of the angels in heaven to say that indeed Gods Law(word) couldd be changed. This effectively ment that Gods word was/is not Law. But from reading we now have perfect understanding that Gods word is Law! Now in truth we were created to walk in the ways of God and that in us (the image of God) We had the power to resist sin. When we could not satan gloated over it and dared Jesus to carry the body of humanity and try it! Satan is constantly trying to prove to God that man cannot be saved by his works! Man cannot live by the word of God only! When enoch walks with God satan accuses God of favouring him with much endowment! Then Job comes along and the devil says well, that one time does not prove anything. And finally Jesus comes. Satan thinks well now is the time. At the time Jesus dies satan was still hoping for a ''miracle'' that Christ would not actually die! Well our MIRACLE happened Christ died dor my sins and MAN was able to be justified by works, ans it was proved that man could live by the Word of God only! So the devil was angry so angry that he has made it doubly and even tripply and quadriply more difficult to live by the word of God alone. But wow! Jesus seing this says forget yourself look at ME! Wigina you do not need to do it! Why should you wigina replicate what I have already achieved? Go on trust in Jesus only forget what the devil is advocating! That man cannot be saved by works but by faith! Man is saved by works because the turning to Jesus and supplication to Him and laying your burdens at His feet..... Is it not activity? Is it not ''work'' oh how sleight is the devils hand! The faith in Jesus is intricately linked to the act of submission. We are not able to separate the two. And if then Jesus is telling us to believe in him and if we truly do, then we shall keep his commands surely will it be any other way? Oh how wonderful to behold the righteousness of Christ. How wonderful and magnificent.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2013, 02:03:22 PM »
Amen, wigina!  You have it!  It is good to see that others are interested in the righteousness of Christ! Those who want to share His righteousness will receive the Latter Rain. I believe it is starting to fall.

Glen

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2013, 06:11:38 AM »
The Law requires us to be perfect, something we cannot offer. Christ who lived a perfect life gives us His perfect righteousness. We are to walk in a state of constant surrender.

Matthew 5:
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Philippians 3:
I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Yes; the love of God, His law, requires a perfect life from beginning to end; and, fallen man does not "have it". However, when the Impenitent receive the things of God by faith, we are accounted as if we had never sinned, and are given all Power through His Spirit. Christ's words in the sermon on the Mount of Blessings, Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Matthew 5:48 -were not a mockery of His "contemporaries" or of us, today. Through a union with Christ as He was one with God, we may become...perfect in love. 1 John 4:18

...Jesus...will live through (YOU), giving (YOU) the inspiration of His sanctifying Spirit, imparting to (YOUR) soul a vital transfusion of Himself. Sabbath-School Worker 02-01-96.03  ...as the blood is in the body, and circulate there as a vitalizing power... 7T 189.02

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2013, 06:45:51 AM »
Amen!

However, when the Impenitent receive the things of God by faith, we are accounted as if we had never sinned

And this thing you wrote is the miracle of miracles. How astonished are we when thinking about it? What love that affords me, a sinner, such a condition. Praise be the Lord!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2013, 07:50:08 AM »
Amen! And more than being accounted as never having sinned, God empowers the sinner to obey all of His commands, thus revealing the "righteousness of Christ" to a world soon to perish.

God demands of us perfect obedience to His law,--the expression of His character. "Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid; yea, we establish the law." This law is the echo of God's voice, saying to us, Holier, yes holier still. Desire the fullness of the grace of Christ; yea, long,--hunger and thirst--after righteousness. The promise is, "Ye shall be filled." Let your heart be filled with an intense longing for this righteousness, the work of which God's Word declares is peace, and its effect quietness and assurance forever. 

It is our privilege to be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. God has plainly stated that He requires us to be perfect; and because He requires this, He has made provision that we may be partakers of the divine nature. Only thus can we gain success in our striving for eternal life. The power is given by Christ. "As many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God."

God requires of us conformity to His image. Holiness is the reflection from His people of the bright rays of His glory. But in order to reflect this glory we must work with God. The heart and mind must be emptied of all that leads to wrong. The Word of God must be read and studied, with an earnest desire to gain from it spiritual power. The bread of heaven must be eaten and digested, that it may become a part of the life. Thus we gain eternal life. Then is answered the prayer of the Saviour, "Sanctify them through Thy truth; Thy Word is truth." BTS, February 1, 1904 

Glen

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2013, 12:23:02 PM »
...Perfect humanity without Christ does not exist in human society... 12MR 334.3

Christís perfect humanity is the same that we may have through connection with Christ. As God, Christ could not be tempted any more than He was not tempted from His allegiance in heaven. But as Christ humbled Himself to our nature, He could be tempted. He had not taken on Him even the nature of the angels, but humanity, perfectly identical with our own nature, except without the taint of sin.... Christ Triumphant 208.6

Jesus said, ďAs the living Father hath sent Me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth Me, even he shall live by Me.Ē As the Son of God lived by faith in the Father, so are we to live by faith in Christ. So fully was Jesus surrendered to the will of God that the Father alone appeared in His life. Although tempted in all points like as we are, He stood before the world untainted by the evil that surrounded Him. Thus we also are to overcome as Christ overcame. DA 389.4

...Nothing will God accept of you but an indwelling Jesus; Christ alone, Christ all and in all. 16MR 236.1

Are you a follower of Christ? Then all that is written concerning the spiritual life is written for you, and may be attained through uniting yourself to Jesus. Is your zeal languishing? has your first love grown cold? Accept again of the proffered love of Christ. Eat of His flesh, drink of His blood, and you will become one with the Father and with the Son. DA 389.5

wigina

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2013, 06:55:58 PM »
YES! Today and always! Soon we shall receive the power to be like Jesus in all aspects when Jesus says it is finished and the Lord God prepares to annonce the second coming, those that will be alive will have The righteousness of Jesus and will here the voice of God proclaiming the second advent. They will be able to bear the glory of the Fwther for they will no longer need an intercessor.
Matthew 5:2-12: 10 Blessed [are] they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 Blessed are ye, when [men] shall revile you, and persecute [you], and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great [is] your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. [...] 2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying, 3 Blessed [are] the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 4 Blessed [are] they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. 5 Blessed [are] the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. 6 Blessed [are] they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. 7 Blessed [are] the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. 8 Blessed [are] the pure in heart: for they shall see God. 9 Blessed [are] the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
I long to be in this company.
Please Lord as you submitted to your Father, create in me a new heart. That your Spirit may abide in me, and give ne rememberance of your precepts. That I may find favor in your Father. And when He bestows on you the Kingship and domonion that you laid down for my sake, let me be but a lowly servant in your realm. Let me be but one who eats of the crumbs fron thy  Holy table for if it were not for your sacrifice, then whom am I? But nothing?
happy Sabbath to you all.

Glen

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2013, 09:11:18 PM »
Heaven Begins HereóAs through Jesus we enter into rest, heaven begins here. We respond to His invitation, Come, learn of Me, and in thus coming we begin the life eternal. Heaven is a ceaseless approaching to God through Christ.  The longer we are in the heaven of bliss, the more and still more of glory will be opened to us; and the more we know of God, the more intense will be our happiness. As we walk with Jesus in this life, we may be filled with His love, satisfied with His presence. All that human nature can bear, we may receive here.
óThe Desire of Ages, 331, 332. Heaven 170.1

Christ in His humanity wrought out a perfect character, and this character He offers to impart to us. Christís Object Lessons, p. 311.4

...What Christ was in His perfect humanity, we must be; for we must form characters for eternity. TM 173.2

The glory of God will shine forth when every one who has accepted the Lord Jesus, Heavenís best gift, is found doing his best to save his own soul and the souls of others. The Home Missionary December 1, 1894, Art. A, par. 7

kevinlee

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2014, 10:50:55 AM »
The righteousness of Christ ? can we truly define it ? this term means so much to the believer but so  misunderstood. This is the greatest problem we are facing in the church to day. Sister white told us so many years ago that that the devil does not want us to understand the subject, because when do, he knows that he will loose his hold on us. Has he lost his hold on us? This subject like so many other we talk about seams to get lost in the definition, like loosing the forest threw the trees. We are so proficient Defining these phrases we many times forget to explain the steps that need to be taken to accomplish the task. The Righteousness of Christ, it means so much to us, but how few live it. Today we are at a cross road, will we continue to fight the symptoms of the disease or move forward and explain to the world and the church what the disease is (the unconverted heart) and the cure.
  The Righteousness of Christ, this is the standard that needs to be put before the church and world. When this is accomplished we will have finished the work the Lord has given to do.  " The last rays of merciful light, THE LAST MESSAGE of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love. The children of god are to manifest HIS GLORY (Character). In their own lives and character they are to reveal what the grace of god has done for them. COL.415,16  We are also told that when the character of Christ is reproduced in his people He will come to take us home. Can we please go home now? 

ltvvaughn

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2014, 12:13:21 PM »
Having the righteousness of Christ is what revival and reformation is all about.  Without a reformation of our characters there can be no revival.  Many desire the revival without reformation, but it will not come that way.  God must recreate our hearts that are dead in sin (reformation) before He can start them beating again (revival) in newness of life in Christ.

LtV
LtV
If we can't be united in Truth . . . we dare not unite at all!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2014, 02:41:24 PM »
Amen, the righteousness of Christ is His loveliness; it is His character. This He offers to us. He is willing to impute it to us and to impart it to us. He waits for us to open the door into our hearts that He may do so.  :)
 like Brother David's suggestion that what we do for others is an indication that the righteousness of Christ is ours and is working through us.

Good to see your first post in this important subject, kevinlee! Welcome to our online family!  It is past time to go home. When we are faithful to reflect Christ, then we will go home. The Sabbath School lessons two quarters ago are an indication that we are nearing that time.