Author Topic: Life of Jesus  (Read 14287 times)

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
Life of Jesus
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2004, 04:22:00 PM »
Amen!!

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
Life of Jesus
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2004, 12:29:00 PM »
Jesus came to this earth to accomplish the greatest work ever accomplished among men.  He came as God's ambassador, to show us how to live so as to secure life's best results.  What were the conditions chosen by God for His son?

God gave him a secluded home in the Galilean hills; a household sustained by honest, self-respecting labor; a life of simplicity; daily conflict with hardship and self-sacrifice; the hour of study at His mother's side, with the open scroll of Scripture; the holy ministries of nature; the study of creation and providence; and the soul's communion with God-these were the conditions and opportunities of the early life of Jesus. (Taken from the Adventist Home)

I do not understand ICQ, cookies, UBB, HTML, homepage???

Narroc

• http://
Life of Jesus
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2004, 12:35:00 AM »
What was even more humble was that he could have with a snap of his fingers slain the soldiers and the pharasees, But instead he submitted to them, At any time on the way to the cross he could have zapped all those against him, For that matter if I had been GOD I would have felt like zapping Adam and Eve and starting again, Have you ever tried to make something and it has gone all wrong and you throw it in the bin and start afresh, I know I have.
Yes I know the Angels would have worshipped GOD in fear instead of Love,
But I guess GOD needed to prove something. Some would say it was his ego.??

Sister Marie

Life of Jesus
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2004, 09:51:00 AM »
Personally, I don't feel God had anything to prove, but He has everything to save. He was not making toy people when He created man. He was making the real thing and desired from this real thing--real love and relationship. Yes, the angels needed to know that God loved us enough to save us in order that they could worship Him without fear, but put aside that, God desired that we would turn to Him "again" and "forever".

That is why He had a plan that should we fail Salvation was in the works.
Jesus took our place and died when we should have been under that cross caring it, we should have had the nails put through our hands, we should have hung with our lungs unable to breath normal on that cross and died, but Jesus did it for us. "If that isn't Love" I don't know what it.

Ego? Never!!! Love Divine, Yes. So much love that we can never understand or express it completely, but we can pray for it in our own life so we can show this wonderful love to others as Jesus had for us.

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
Life of Jesus
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2004, 06:18:00 AM »
With the world situation the way it is today,  I find it necessary to become more acquainted with the history of my Redeemer;  How He lived, how He acted in all situations and I discovered in myself serious defects.  My unlikeness to Christ is so great that I see the necessity for radical changes in my life.

The more I study His life, with the desire to become more like Him, the more my love grows. My unconditional surrender of everything to Him,  my unconditional affections, and love for Him grows. and by beholding, "looking  unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith,"  the more I become changed into the same image.

It is not by looking away from Him that I imitate the life of Jesus, but by talking of Him, by dwelling upon His perfections, by seeking to elevate my character, by trying, through faith and love, and preserving effort,  by having the knowledge of Christ,-His words, His habits, and His lessons of instruction.  I want to borrow the virtues of His character that I so closely have studied, and His spirit, I have so much admired.

Jesus becomes to me my PERFECT PATTERN OF LOVE.  And I daily pray for this change in my life....to follow this PERFECT PATTERN.

Sister Marie

Life of Jesus
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2004, 10:29:00 AM »
I too have seen great need for changes in my life. So much that I don't know how. But I do know that Christ can and will help me in making the changes. We need to pray for one another also. This is so important. We need to become more and more like Him and only He can do this for us. We however, need to be 100% willing for the change. If we are not we need to pray that we will be. I feel more than ever before that Jesus is preparing us for His Coming. I have never felt the ugency that I do today. Surely His coming is sooner than we think.

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
Life of Jesus
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2004, 10:43:00 AM »
Oh, what rays of softness and beauty shone forth in the daily life of our Saviour. There never was so perfect an illustration of genuine courtesy as that which was exemplified in the life of Jesus. He bids parents to come unto him and learn of him, for he is meek and lowly of heart.  He says to the children, "Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

Let us face heavenward. Let us open the chanbers of the mind to the bright beams of the Sun of Righteousness. Let us open the door of our heart and welcome Jesus in?  There is healing in His wings. He will create the kindness and love in our hearts that should be cherished and exhibited in your family, and this love will not only embrace our own household, but will flow out of those around us in the church and the world.

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
Life of Jesus
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2004, 06:10:00 AM »
PRAYER IS THE BREATH OF THE SOUL.  Jesus lived in dependence upon God and communion with Him.  To the secret place of the Most High, under the shadow of the Almighty, men now and then repair; they abide for a season, and the result is manifest in noble deeds; then their faith fails, the communion is interrupted, and the life-work marred.  

BUT THE LIFE OF JESUS WAS A LIFE OF CONSTANT TRUST, sustained by continual communion, and His service for heaven and earth was without failure or faltering.

Let us no longer fail in our walk with Jesus, Let our prayers be constant.  Let us commune with God moment by moment so it is continual.

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
Life of Jesus
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2004, 09:33:00 AM »
"And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace of God was upon him." Luke 2:40

The Majesty of heaven, the King of glory, became a babe in Bethlehem, and for a time represented the helpless infant in its mothers care.  In childhood he spoke and acted as a child, honoring his parents, and carrying out their wishes in helpfull ways. But from the first dawning of intelligence he was constantly growing in grace and in a knowledge of truth.

As a chld Jesus manifested a peculiar loveliness of disposition.  His willing hands were ever ready to serve others.  He manifested a patience that nothing could disturb, and a truthfulness that would never sacrifice integrity.

With deep earnestness the mother of Jesus watched the unfolding of His powers, and beheld the perfection upon His character.  With delight she sought to encourage that wisdom to co-operate with the heavenly agencies in the development of this child, who could claim only God as His Father.

Every child  may gain knowledge as Jesus did.  As we try to become acquainted with our heavenly Father through His Word, angels will draw near, our minds will be strengthened, our characters will be elevated and refined.  We shall become more like our Saviour. AG 292   Amen

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Life of Jesus
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2009, 08:08:50 AM »
When we are tempted with discouragement as the trials of this life fall upon us, let us look to the example of Jesus in his early years. Christ was the only sinless one who ever dwelt on earth; yet for nearly thirty years He lived among the wicked inhabitants of Nazareth. This fact is a rebuke to those who think themselves dependent upon place, fortune, or prosperity, in order to live a blameless life. Temptation, poverty, adversity, is the very discipline needed to develop purity and firmness.

Let us glory in our tribulations, for they will not only glorify God as we abide in Christ, but they will work for our good.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Life of Jesus
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2015, 08:25:54 PM »

MR No. 111—The Grace of Courtesy

Those who work for Christ are to be pure, upright, and trustworthy, and they are also to be tenderhearted, compassionate, and courteous. There is a charm in the intercourse of those who are truly courteous. Kind words, pleasant looks, a courteous demeanor, are of inestimable value. Uncourteous Christians, by their neglect of others, show that they are not in union with Christ. It is impossible to be in union with Christ and yet be uncourteous.{2MR 108.1}

What Christ was in His life on this earth, that every Christian should be. He is our example, not only in His spotless purity, but in His patience, gentleness, and winsomeness of disposition. He was as firm as a rock where truth and duty were concerned, but He was invariably kind and courteous. His life was a perfect illustration of true courtesy. He had ever a kind look and a word of comfort for the needy and oppressed.{2MR 108.2}

His presence brought a purer atmosphere into the home, and His life was as leaven working amid the elements of society. Harmless and undefiled, He walked among the thoughtless, the rude, the uncourteous; amid the unjust publicans, the unrighteous Samaritans, the heathen soldiers, the rough peasants, and the mixed multitude. He spoke a word of sympathy here and a word there, as He saw men weary and compelled to bear heavy burdens. He shared their burdens, and repeated to them the lessons He had learned from nature, of the love, the kindness, the goodness of God.{2MR 108.3}
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89