Author Topic: Muslim Violence World-wide  (Read 96854 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Muslim Violence World-wide
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2005, 06:34:00 AM »
 Fears of mounting sectarian violence are growing in Muslim-dominated southern Thailand after bomb blasts rocked three Buddhist temples overnight, officials said.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_asiapacific/view/85286/1/.html

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2005, 11:51:00 AM »
Arsonists tried to set fire to an Islamic school in the Netherlands overnight, a reminder of the wave of attacks seen after the murder in November of a Dutch filmmaker critical of Islam.

Muslim News

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Cop

« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2005, 06:00:00 PM »
ASSIST News Service (ANS)
Tuesday, February 8, 2005

BRUTAL MURDER OF COPTIC CHRISTIAN FAMILY IN NEW JERSEY RAISES SPECTER OF
ISLAMIC VIOLENCE IN USA

By John M. Lindner

JERSEY CITY, NJ (ANS) -- The murder of a Coptic Christian family in New
Jersey in January is causing many to wonder if radical Islamic vengeance has
hit the streets of America.

On January 14 Hossam Armanious, 47, his wife, Amal Garas, 37, and their two
children, Sylvia, 15, and Monica, 8, were found bound, gagged and stabbed to
death in their Jersey City home.

The website Jihad Watch quoted the New York Post as saying family members
who viewed photos of the bodies observed that Sylvia, who would have turned
16 the next day, apparently was attacked with greater savagery. The killers
not only slit her throat, but slashed a huge gash in her chest and stabbed
her in the wrist, where she had a tattoo of a Coptic cross.

"Family members are loathe to blame Muslim extremists for the murders," said
Sliwa in an article published by the New York Sun, but point out "the
details of the killings are similar to murders perpetrated by extremists in
Egypt, where Coptic Christians have been bound, gagged and had their throats
slit."

The article went on to say that the Hudson County Prosecutor suggested
robbery may have been the motive and cites as evidence Armaniousıs pockets
being turned out, his wallet and a pocketbook emptied, and drawers rifled.

But relatives scoff at the suggestion. "The police have vouchered all of the
jewelry. None of it was taken. In fact, my daughter was still wearing a ring
worth $3,500 after she was murdered," said Anies Garas, Amal's father, the
Sun article reported.

But what could have provoked radical Muslims to perform such a hate crime?

According to several reports, Armanious boldly proclaimed his faith on
Internet chat rooms and invited Muslims to believe in Christ, and had been
doing so for about five years. His intrepid declarations drew numerous
threats via the website. When one Muslim told him to "shut up," Armanious
allegedly replied, "I can say whatever I want. I live in America."

One of them said, "Youıd better stop this . . . or we are going to track you
down like a chicken and kill you," according to a store clerk who was on
line at the same time and saw the messages.

According to Jihad Watch the killers had been practicing taqiyya, Islamic
deception. They gained the confidence of the Armanious family by pretending
to convert to Christianity. When they showed up at the Armanious home that
fateful night, they presumably were welcomed in without hesitation, since
there was no sign of break in.

While some Muslim clergy immediately denounced the grisly murders, some went
on to denounce charges that the killings were religiously motivated.
According to an Associated Press story by Wayne Parry, Ahmed Shedeed,
director of the Islamic Center of Jersey City said, "We Muslims living in
America are getting sick of this crap. Why should we have to apologize for
or make a defense of something we had nothing to do with? There is no proof
at all that Muslims had anything to do with this, yet we are taking the
blame again. Is Islam on trial, or is a killer on trial?"

[This pattern of violence has persisted for centuries and is continual
evidence that despite the politically correct mantra, Islam does not tend to
peace.]

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2005, 08:24:00 PM »
Muslim militants attacked Christians in Demsa village, Adamawa state, northern Nigeria, on Friday, February 4, killing 36 people, destroying property and displacing about 3,000 others. The surviving Christians have taken refuge in Mayolope village in the neighboring state of Taraba.
Worthy News

Cop

« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2005, 01:09:00 PM »
Recently the first issue of the "Department of Indoctrination" of the
Al-Qa'ida-Iraq organization's online magazine was published under the title
of "The Crest of the Summit of Islam" [Dhurwat Sanam Al-Islam], an
expression which is commonly used to designate Jihad. An article in the
magazine by a certain Abu Maysara, who is believed to be one of the
commanders of the Al-Qai'da organization in Iraq, discusses the identity of
the Iraqi Al-Qa'ida organization and outlines its aims:

What is the Al-Qa'ida Organization in Iraq?

"...What is the Al-Qa'ida organization in Iraq? This is an organization
consisting of a group of Muslims from amongst the followers of the tradition
and the community of believers [ahl al-sunna wa'l jama'a] which tries to
please Allah by committing themselves to keep Allah's orders and
proscriptions and to see to it that others do so [as well]... it has set for
itself a number of central goals which are mutually interrelated and
complementary:

"1) Renewing pure monotheism which was brought by our Prophet Muhammad
amongst those whose monotheism was sullied by the filth of polytheistic
elements, and the spreading of the axiom 'there is no God but Allah' in
lands where Islam has not yet arrived.

"2) Jihad for the sake of Allah, so that His message be supreme, and in
order to recapture all the lands of the Muslims from the hands of the
infidels and the apostates, and to apply the Shari'a law, Allah's law, in
these areas, without any distinction [in this respect] between ruler and
ruled, and to free the Muslim prisoners of war, since this is a personal
obligation [incumbent] on every Muslim, as all the ulama agree...

"3) To come to the aid of Muslims wherever they are and to reclaim the
Muslim's dignity, which has been soiled by the [foreign] invaders and their
agents, and his human rights of which he has been deprived, and to strive to
improve his conditions and circumstances in every respect, both religious
and this-wordly -- material, social, educational, etc. -- in accordance with
the teachings of Islam...

"4) To re-establish the Rightly-Guided Caliphate in accordance with the
Prophet's example, because [according to the tradition] 'whoever dies
without having sworn allegiance to a Muslim ruler dies as an unbeliever.'

"Our guiding principle with regard to our great goals is: [to follow] the
Koran and the tradition of the Prophet, in the way of the righteous early
generations, and [to follow] the elucidations of the great ulama from among
those faithful to the Sunna [ahl al-sunna] .

"One of the great principles of our faith is that we should not spill even a
drop of Muslim blood unjustly, for the end of the whole world is less
significant than the spilling of one Muslim's blood."

(Middle East Media Research Institute, March 24, 2005 - "The Iraqi Al-Qa'ida
Organization: A Self-Portrait").

Cop

« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2005, 01:13:00 PM »
"There will be no cross-border attack of large, mechanized forces of Islam. The attack is different; it involves not so much qital, or battlefield combat, as the use of "wealth" and "pen, tongue" (propaganda) and demography, the latest weapon of the Jihad to create conditions everywhere so that Islam may triumph. This is not a fiction, a dystopia.

Right now, in tolerant Holland, the leader of a major political group, Geert Wilders, lives in hiding, moving from army base to army base. The same is true for one of the most outstanding members of the Dutch parliament, Ayaan Hirsi Ali.

In England, one Will Cummins lost his job even for writing some very mild home truths about Islam; so did a popular BBC host.

At the U.N. Human Rights Commission in Geneva, when evidence was produced that high-school textbooks in Egypt contained Qur'anic passages urging the killing of Infidels, the Pakistani ambassador, speaking for all 56 or 57 members of the Organization of Islamic Countries, called such a charge an act of defamation and incitement to hatred, and prevented the textbooks to be shown.

In other words, Muslims can inculcate hatred of Infidels (and it is all over the Qur'an, Hadith, and Sira), but those who point this out are guilty of 'whipping up hatred' themselves" (Hugh Fitzgerald, www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch, March 23, 2005).

[This message has been edited by Cop (edited 04-04-2005).]

Cop

« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2005, 08:54:00 AM »
A special news report in the National Catholic Reporter (4/26/96), which justified Islam's murder and mayhem and blamed Israel for mistreating "Palestinians" in the city of Hebron. (This is where Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and their wives were buried, but not one Arab or Muslim. Yet Muslims have taken control and built a mosque there.) It says trouble started when Jews "began moving into Hebron 20 years ago." In fact, though chased out periodically by invaders, Jews have been there for 3,000 years. Arabs only arrived after the seventh-century Muslim conquest and immediately began to brutalize the Jewish residents for failing to convert to Islam. That mistreatment has continued for more than 1,300 years.

In the vicious pogrom in Hebron of 1929 (one of many), synagogues were desecrated, 67 Jews were murdered, and the rest forced to flee. Jews were slaughtered all over "Palestine." Typical of what happened was the following report from the British police chief of Hebron:

"On hearing screams...I went up a sort of tunnel passage and saw an Arab in the act of cutting off a child's head with a sword. Seeing me, he tried to aim the stroke at me but missed . . . I shot him . . . Behind him was a Jewish woman smothered in blood, with a man I recognized as an Arab police constable named Issa Sheril from Jaffa . . . standing over the woman with a dagger in his hand. He saw me and bolted into a room close by and tried to shut me out -- shouting in Arabic, "Your Honor, I am a policeman." I got into the room and shot him." (Cited in  Peters, From Time Immemorial, p. 315)

The persecution of Jews in Roman Catholic Europe was mild compared with what Christians and Jews endured for 1,300 years in Muslim countries. The slaughter included more than 1 million Armenians in the last decades of the nineteenth and first of the twentieth centuries -- at times with the tacit approval of Western powers. In the great 1915 massacre, "Turkish women were given the dagger to give the final stab to dying Armenians in order to gain credit [with] Allah for having killed a Christian."

In Ataturk's destruction of Smyrna (leaving nothing but the Turkish suburb) in September of 1922, about 200,000 Armenian and Greek inhabitants were massacred while English, American, Italian and French warships anchored in the harbor repelled fleeing victims who swam out to them for help. The Western powers didn't want to offend Muslim Turkey! In his must-read book, The Blight of Asia, George Horton, U.S. Consul in that doomed city and eye-witness to the unspeakable cruelty of Islam, writes, "One of the keenest impressions which I brought away with me from Smyrna was a feeling of shame that I belonged to the human race."

In its foreword, James W. Gerard, former U.S. Ambassador to Germany, describes Horton's book as "the whole story of the savage extermination of Christian civilization [by Muslims] throughout the length and breadth of the old Byzantine Empire . . . . "  Horton himself writes, "This process of extermination was carried on over a considerable period of time, with fixed purpose, with system, and with painstaking minute details; and it was accomplished with unspeakable cruelties . . . . "

Cop

« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2005, 09:28:00 AM »
Honor Killings Show Culture Clash in Berlin
The latest slaying of a Muslim woman in the German capital has sharpened the debate over the place of immigrants in Europe.

BERLIN: Frost covers the roses, and the scrawled eulogies are tattered near the sidewalk where Hatun Surucu was gunned down. The attackers appeared on a cold night more than a month ago. Three shots were fired and the young Turkish woman crumpled in the blurred glare of a streetlight.

The accused assailants fled to a place that Surucu knew well: the home where she was raised. Her killers, police say, were her brothers. A 23-year-old single mother seeking to escape tradition and religious constraints, Surucu was the sixth Muslim woman to have died in the German capital since October in suspected "honor killings," slayings arranged by families who believe that their reputations have been stained.

Such crimes are rarely mentioned in Germany's newspapers.

But Surucu's public slaying has instigated fresh debates on politics, immigration, human rights and a rigorous Islam adopted by a minority of Muslims confronted with poverty, discrimination and liberal European attitudes. The case is a portrait of contradictions -- much like Surucu, whose memorial pictures show her either wearing the hijab, the head scarf of her Eastern heritage, or with the uncovered hair of her Western aspirations.

(Jeffrey Fleishman, The Los Angeles Times, March 20, 2005).

[TBC: The numerous killings by Islamic assailants is further proof that
Islam is not a religion of peace.]

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2005, 10:04:00 AM »
I can't help but wonder about the source of a religion where force is used and choice taken away.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2005, 02:31:00 PM »
Interesting that this should come up at a time when churches are coming together and killing the heretic will return. We don't think it can? It can and will and it will be accepted. People are being conditioned today to except it.  :(

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2005, 09:54:00 AM »
A Pakistani man accused of desecrating the Koran was shot dead Wednesday after being chased by an angry crowd. Yahoo  News
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Cop

« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2005, 06:49:00 PM »
"Islamic school suspends teachers over student's hate-filled tale 'God bless you, your efforts are good,' instructor wrote on Ottawa boy's story celebrating violence, hatred against Jews"

(Excerpts) The cover page of the boy's story is illustrated with a burning Star of David beside a machine-gun and a Palestinian flag atop the Dome of the Rock, an ancient Muslim shrine in Jerusalem. The text next to the shrine reads: 'With the call of God is the Greatest, the flag of Zionism will fall and will be destroyed.'

Two teachers at the Abraar Islamic school in Ottawa were suspended yesterday pending an investigation into the encouragement or incitement of hatred against Jews expressed in a young student's violence-laden writing project.

The other teacher had written comments on the student's paper..."God bless you, your efforts are good," the teacher wrote on the title page. "The story of the hero Ahmed and the hero Salah is still alive. The end will be soon when God unites us all in Jerusalem to pray there."

On the margins inside the story, the teacher had written a note endorsing the boy's fantasy of a young Ahmed Yassin and his friend, Salah El-Dine, ambushing Israeli soldiers.

"Without thinking, Ahmed took his M16 machine-gun and threw the bombs, and he showered the Jews; this resulted in the killing of the soldiers," the boy's text reads. "Salah said: 'You killed them all.' Ahmed answered: 'Praise be to God.'"

"During my tenure at the Abraar school I have had the privilege to work with all the Abraar teaching staff and found them to be warm, caring and professional," Ms. Schoones said.

"As a teacher who has dealt with equity issues in the past, I have found the staff to have accepted and welcomed my presence. At no time during my tenure at the school have I seen any racial comments towards any culture. In fact I have found the staff to be interested in learning about all aspects of Canadian culture. I would consider it a shame if all the hard work put in by staff at the school was tarnished by this incident " (Juliet O'Neill, The Ottawa Citizen, Thursday, March 24, 2005).

[Isn't it wonderful that Islam has  such a loving message of peace to all other people and its followers teach this to their children?]

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2005, 09:08:00 PM »

Muslims in an Iraq Militia group threatens to kill Aussies. The leader of a Muslim militia group says his fighters will not distinguish between Australian soldiers and their Coalition counterparts if fighting breaks out.

News dot Com

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2005, 09:20:00 PM »
The Dutch secret service has been watching the Muslim violence.
Reuters

Cop

« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2005, 01:07:00 PM »
Muslims raid underground church and arrest 40 Christians.

" A group of men, women and children were attending the service in the capital Riyadh when police raided the house, Al Jazirah newspaper said."

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=3&art_id=qw1114264800475B264

Cop

« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2005, 06:53:00 PM »
Who would have the integrity -- and moxie -- to produce this play?

Jewish World Review April 26, 2005 / 17 Nissan, 5765

By Tom Gross

The Royal Court Theatre, one of London most prestigious venues, is staging a play glorifying a young American radical who was killed after jumping in front of a moving Israeli army bulldozer that was attempting to demolish a structure suspected of concealing tunnels used for smuggling weapons. But what about the real victims of the Intifada? Does anyone remember them?

"My Name is Rachel Thaler" is not the title of a play that is likely to be produced anytime soon in London. Thaler, aged 16, was blown up at a pizzeria in an Israeli shopping mall. She died after an 11-day struggle for life following the February 16, 2002 attack, when a suicide bomber approached a crowd of teenagers and blew himself up.

She was a British citizen, born in London, where her grandparents still live. Yet I doubt that anyone at London's Royal Court Theatre or most people in the British media, have heard of her. "Not a single British journalist has ever interviewed me or mentioned her death," her mother Ginette told me last week.

Thaler's parents donated her organs for transplant (helping to save the life of a young Russian man), and grieved quietly. After the accidental killing of Rachel Corrie, by contrast, her parents embarked on a major publicity campaign. They traveled to Ramallah to accept a plaque from Yasser Arafat on behalf of their daughter. They circulated her emails and diary-entries to a world media eager to publicize them.

Among those who published extracts from them in 2003 was the influential British leftist daily The Guardian. This in turn inspired a new play, "My Name is Rachel Corrie," which opened this month at the Royal Court Theatre, one of London most prestigious venues. (The New York Times recently described it as "the most important theatre in Europe.")

Partly because of the efforts of Corrie and her fellow activists in the International Solidarity Movement (ISM), the Israeli army was unable to stop the flow of weapons through these tunnels. Those weapons were later used to kill Israeli children in the town of Sderot in southern Israel, and elsewhere.

"Corrie was always a progressive with a conscience . . . she went to work with the International Solidarity Movement in Gaza," wrote Michael Billington in The Guardian last week, without a shred of explanation as to what the ISM actually is. The ISM is routinely described as a "peace group" in the western media. Few make any mention of the ISM's meeting with the British suicide bombers Omar Khan Sharif and Assif Muhammad Hanif, who a few days later blew up Mike's Place, a Tel Aviv pub, killing three and injuring dozens -- including British citizens. Or of the ISM's sheltering in its office of Shadi Sukia, a leading member of Islamic Jihad. Or of the fact that in its mission statement, the ISM said "armed struggle" is a Palestinian "right." "'Israel' is an illegal entity that should not exist," wrote Flo Rosovski, the ISM "media co ordinator," clarifying the ISM's idea of peace.

So British reviewers are left to tell the British public that the play is a "true-life tragedy" in which Corrie's "unselfish goodness shines through" (Evening Standard).

"Corrie was murdered after joining a non violent Palestinian resistance organization," writes Emma Gosnell in the Sunday Telegraph. ("Murdered" is a term that even Corrie's staunchest defenders have hesitated to use up to now.)

Not surprisingly, the play has also been praised on Al Jazeera's website and in the Beirut Daily Star.

In one of the most astonishing comments, Michael Billington, the Guardian's critic, writes of the play: "The danger of right-on propaganda is avoided."

It is ironic to reflect that there have been some real victims of the Intifada called Rachel -- and it is hard to believe that these critics have ever heard of them. All these other Rachels died within a few months of Corrie, but -- unlike her -- in circumstances that weren't disputed. They were deliberately murdered: Rachel Levy (17, blown up in a grocery store), Rachel Levi (19, shot while waiting for the bus), Rachel Gavish (killed with her husband, son and father while at home celebrating a Passover meal), Rachel Charhi (blown up while sitting in a Tel Aviv cafe, leaving three young children), Rachel Shabo murdered with her three sons aged 5, 13 and
16 while at home).

Rachel Corrie's death was undoubtedly tragic. But ultimately this play isn't really about Corrie, but about fomenting hatred of Israel. The production is now sold out and there is talk of it being staged in America. The Royal Court is also rushing out a printed edition of the play to give to schools ("Jewish World Review," April 26, 2005).

WendyForsyth

• http://
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2005, 01:50:00 PM »
Well, I wondered how it was going to come about that Jews would be persecuted right alongside other Sabbath keepers after the Holocaust. Now it's becoming obvious. There is a change in mindset towards the jews that is unhealthy at best, murderous at worst. And we'll be linked right alongside them. It's okay though, because God's faithful have always known that they will face persecution, and they know there is no fear in suffering alongside our Lord.
I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Cop

« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2005, 01:06:00 PM »
MEDIAEVAL IGNORANCE FROM A MUSLIM PREACHER IN AUSTRALIA

At Bankstown Town Hall last month, just three kilometres from the scene of one of the most horrific of the gang rapes of 2000, a young and popular Lebanese Muslim sheik told a packed audience that rape victims have "no one to blame but themselves". These are the words of Sheik Faiz Mohamad, 34, to more than 1000 people squeezed into the hall on March 18, as recorded digitally by a concerned citizen.  "A victim of rape every minute somewhere in the world. Why? No one to blame but herself. She displayed her beauty to the entire world. She degraded herself by being an object of sexual desire and thus becoming vulnerable to man who looks at her for gratification of his sexual urge."

There was much more about women's responsibilities and the sins of the "kaffir" (infidel) that night from the charismatic former boxer and Liverpool Global Islamic Youth Centre teacher. But there was nothing about the responsibility of men to exercise self-restraint, even though most of the audience was male..... "Strapless, backless, sleeveless, nothing but satanic skirts, slit skirts, translucent blouses, miniskirts, tight jeans," he shouted into the microphone. "All this to tease man and appeal to his carnal nature."

Faiz's view that unveiled women invite rape does Muslims a disservice by promoting an image which is repugnant to the majority of his fellow citizens. After all, when a judge feels so strongly that he would stand in front of a group of strangers, as one did in recent weeks, and make the comment that Lebanese Muslim men are a "cancer", you know the community has an image problem which Faiz isn't helping.

Faiz may not care but his words are a slap in the face to the brave young woman, known to the courts as Miss C, who was raped 25 times by 14 men over six hours outside the Bankstown Trotting Club and elsewhere in 2000.  At worst, his words sanction the kind of contempt for non-Muslim women that led those gang rapists to regard 18-year-old Miss C, dressed in her best suit for a job interview, sitting on a train reading The Great Gatsby, as an "Aussie pig" and slut.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2005, 01:50:00 PM »
Dulal Sarkar, a lay pastor from Jalalpur, Bangladesh was killed by Muslims because of his Christian evangelism. He died for Christ.

Compass

Cop

« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2005, 06:31:00 PM »
Hamas and Hizzoner
By John Perazzo
FrontPageMagazine.com | March 5, 2003

It probably wouldn't fly too well if the mayor of our nation's largest city appointed, to a panel responsible for enforcing anti-discrimination laws, a member of a militant, white supremacist group ideologically sympathetic to the notion that our country should return -- by any means necessary -- to the days of Jim Crow. Surely political leaders and civil rights activists from coast to coast would clamber to find microphones and news cameras
before which they could righteously thunder their disapproval of such an appointment; undoubtedly the national media would be all over such a story. It seems, however, that organizations composed of nonwhite, "politically correct" bigots do not ignite a similar passion in the breasts of our society's masters of moral preening. What else could explain the dearth of attention given to New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg's recent appointment of Omar Mohammedi, general counsel to the New York chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), to his city's Human Rights Commission?

As Middle East scholar Daniel Pipes points out, the Washington-based CAIR, founded in 1994, "presents itself as just another civil-rights group" - cultivating an image of moderation that enables it to garner "sizable donations, invitations to the White House, respectful media citations, and a serious hearing by corporations." The organization's goal, CAIR spokesman Ibrahim Hooper says benignly, is to promote "interest and understanding among the general public with regards to Islam and Muslims in North America."

But the reality is something not nearly so benevolent, and Americans ought to become aware of it. CAIR is a direct outgrowth of the Islamic Association of Palestine (IAP). According to Oliver Revell, the FBI's former associate director of Counter-Intelligence Operations, the IAP "is an organization that has directly supported [the Palestinian terror group] Hamas' military goals. It is a front organization for Hamas that engages in propaganda for Islamic militants. It has produced videotapes that are very hate-filled, full of vehement propaganda." Such roots can hardly be considered "moderate," and as we examine CAIR more closely, what we see only gets uglier.

CAIR's founder and executive director, Nihad Awad, was the IAP's public relations director with a long history of extremism. Awad openly praised Iran's notorious Ayatollah Khomeini. He blasted the trial and conviction of the 1993 World Trade Center bombers - against whom the evidence of guilt was overwhelming - as "a travesty of justice." At a 1994 Barry University forum, he candidly stated, "I am in support of the Hamas movement."

The IAP's current president, Rafeeq Jaber, was a founding director of CAIR. Mohammed Nimer, who directs CAIR's Research Center, was on the board of the United Association for Studies and Research, which is the strategic arm of Hamas in the US and was founded by Hamas operative Mousa Abu Marzook. The aforementioned Ibrahim Hooper, CAIR's Director of Communications, also worked for the IAP. To this day, he refuses to publicly denounce Osama bin Laden. He euphemistically ascribed the 1998 bombings of two American embassies in Africa to a "misunderstanding of both sides." He dismisses the Sudanese Islamic government's enslavement and torture of millions of black Christians and animists during the past two decades -- to say nothing of its slaughter of some two million more -- as mere "inter-tribal hostage-taking." He makes no secret of his desire to see America one day become a Muslim country. "I wouldn't want to create the impression that I wouldn't like the government of the United States to be Islamic sometime in the future," he told the Minneapolis Star Tribune. "But I'm not going to do anything violent to promote that. I'm going to do it through education."

Such sentiments echo those of CAIR chairman Omar M. Ahmad, who in July 1998 told a crowd of California Muslims, "Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran . . . should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on earth." In a similar vein, CAIR board member Imam Siraj Wahaj calls for replacing the American government with a caliphate, and warns that America will crumble unless it "accepts the Islamic agenda." Wahaj, it should be noted, served as a character witness for Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman, the Muslim cleric convicted for his role in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing; the same cleric who was busy devising plans to blow up American landmarks, buildings, and bridges; the same cleric whose conviction CAIR called a "hate crime" against Muslims. And even though Wahaj was listed as an un-indicted co-conspirator in Rahman's case, CAIR now permits him to sit on its advisory
board, deeming him "one of the most respected Muslim leaders in America."

CAIR has been the mouthpiece of some of the vilest anti-Semitism imaginable. For example, the organization co-sponsored a 1998 Brooklyn College rally at which a militant Egyptian Islamist led the attendees in chanting, "No to the Jews, descendents of the apes." Hussam Ayloush, who heads CAIR's Los Angeles office, contemptuously refers to Israelis as "Zionazis."

Over the years, a good portion of CAIR's funding came from a group called the Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development (HLF). Yet when President Bush closed the HLF in December 2001 upon learning that it was raising money to support Hamas terror attacks, CAIR reacted with its characteristic petulance and indifference to American interests. Calling Bush's move "unjust" and "disturbing," the group circulated a petition exhorting the government to unfreeze HLF assets -- charging that "there has been a shift from a war on terrorism to an attack on Islam."