Author Topic: EGW 'S VISION OF 9/11  (Read 5509 times)

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
EGW 'S VISION OF 9/11
« on: April 21, 2004, 02:24:00 PM »
ELLEN WHITE’S VISIONS OF THE CITIES

When God’s restraining hand is removed, the destroyer begins his work. Then in our cities the greatest calamities will come.  3MR 314   . Read:   3SM 418      COL 54 (1900)

God is withdrawing His Spirit from the wicked cities, which have become as the cities of the antediluvian world and as Sodom and Gomorrah...Costly mansions, marvels of architectural skill, will be destroyed without a moment’s notice when the Lord sees that the owners have passed the boundaries of forgiveness.  The destruction by fire of the stately buildings, supposed to be fireproof, is an illustration of how in a short time earth’s architecture will lie in ruins.  TDG152

God has not executed His wrath without mercy.  His hand is stretched out still.  His message must be given in Greater New York. The people must be shown how it is possible for God, by a touch of His hand, to destroy the property they have gathered together against the last great day.  3MR 310

I have no light in particular in regard to what is coming on New York, only that I know that one day the great buildings there will be thrown down by the turning and overturning of God’s power. ....Death will come in all places.  This is why I am so anxious for our cities must be warned.   RH July 5,1906

On one occasion, when in New York City, I was in the night season called upon to behold buildings, rising story after story toward heaven.  These buildings were warranted to be fireproof, and they were erected to glorify their owners and builders.   The scene that next passed before me was an alarm of fire.  Men looked at the lofty and supposedly fireproof buildings and said: “They are perfectly save.” But these buildings were consumed as if made of pitch.  The fire engines could do nothing to stay the destruction.  The firemen were unable to operate the engines.  9T12

Scenes that would soon take place in Chicago and other large cities also passed before me.  As wickedness increased and the protecting power of God was withdrawn there were destructive winds and tempests.  Buildings were destroyed by fire and shaken down by earthquakes.....
    Sometime after this I was shown that the vision of buildings in Chicago and the draft upon the means of our people to erect  them, and their destruction, was an object lesson for our people, warning them not to invest largely of their means in property in Chicago, or any other city, unless the providence of God should positively open the way and plainly point out duty to build or buy as necessary in giving the note of warning.  A similar caution was given in regard to buildings in Los Angeles.  Repeatedly I have been instructed that we must not invest means in the erection of expensive buildings in cities.  PC 50

San Francisco and Oakland are becoming s Sodom and Gomorrah, and the Lord will visit them.  Not far hence they will suffer under His judgments.  MS30, 1903
    The terrible earthquake that has visited San Francisco will be followed by other manifestations  of the power of God.  His law has been transgressed.  Cities have become polluted with sin. Study the history of Nineveh.  God sent a special message by Jonah to the wicked city....Many such messages as his would be given in our age, if the wicked cities would repent as did Nineveh.
Ms 61a, June 3, 1906

I do not understand ICQ, cookies, UBB, HTML, homepage???