Author Topic: Wildfires Out of Control in Arizona  (Read 3020 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Wildfires Out of Control in Arizona
« on: June 23, 2002, 06:10:00 PM »
Prophecies of fires in the last days make it appear that Jesus is coming soon!

ABC News Story

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Clive Nevell

• http://
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2002, 12:50:00 PM »
I have seen in our papers that there are fires out of control in America and that Australian fire fighters may go over and help.

"Monster fire threat
A MAMMOTH blaze formed by two wildfires edged closer to the evacuated Arizona mountain town of Show Low overnight as firefighters predicted it would overrun the community."

Clive

Brad

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2002, 03:51:00 PM »
The fires have merged creating a huge inferno. I heard a caller from that little town who said they haven't had a good rain in 3 years.

Joan

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2002, 01:20:00 AM »
In my teenyears as a new convert to Jesus, I would travel with home church Mesa,Arz.(south part of Phoenix) people up to the Apache Indian reservation for some mission outreach services. It took hours, it seemed to me, to get there but it was a lovely area indeed. A bit further we camped out at Snowflake, Arizona which is close by Show Low. So reading now how the fires are wiping through that area makes me very sad indeed. One good point is that the news last night said no one has been either injured or killed because of the fires as of yet.

Joan

Clive Nevell

• http://
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2002, 12:59:00 PM »
I have seen only very little of America but on our honeymoon we spent some time in Phoenix and then onto the Grand Canyon. I do recall passing by some Indian Reservations. One night we spent at Flagstaff if my memory is correct.
This may be the area that is on fire.
Clive

Joan

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2002, 04:02:00 AM »

Clive,

Nice to know you had the chance to see a bit of Arizona with Theresa. There are lots of various indian reservations in the State. Around Grand Canyon is the Havasupi reservation. Flagstaff is off to the west of the Mogollon rim where the fires are raging in it's eastern area.

I hate fires. Being caught in one is one of my greatest dreads. Seeing the black scars in nature landscape after a fire depresses me awfully. I don't do well with heat of atmosphere and won't ever go voluntarily to climates of topic humid heat or where the temps go over a nice balmy 22C.

Joan