Author Topic: Super Typhoon in the Philippines  (Read 14106 times)

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
Re: Super Typhoon in the Philippines
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 11:52:49 AM »
Amazing Facts runs a school of evangelism in the Philippines, but it apparently is not in session at this time.

Adventist Frontier Missions has two families working in the Palawan area of the country. They have stated on their website:

The Impact of Typhoon Haiyan on AFM Missionaries and their Projects

Marc Coleman

November 11th, 2013 @ 4:38 pm

In the aftermath of the devastation in the Philippines caused by Typhoon Haiyan, AFM and its Philippine missionaries request your prayers for the country. Since Thursday, we have heard from all our Philippine missionaries, and they are safe. The center of the typhoon passed between southern Mindoro and northern Palawan, sparing both islands from extensive damage. In other parts of this vast archipelago, the devastation is beyond description. We ask your prayers for the church and citizens in that part of the world as they begin the task of mourning their dead, assessing damage, digging out and rebuilding. Pray for our missionaries that they will be the hands and feet of Jesus as they help those around them who may have suffered loss as a result of Typhoon Haiyan.

Laymen Ministries also has work going in the Philippines. They have posted about them on the website:

News from our Philippines Project!
We heard from our director about our project there in light of the super typhoon:
"We are appreciative of all the concern in the work and safety of the workers in Mindoro. The major part of the storm passed near San Jose, Mindoro, about 80 miles south. We have had some strong winds and some rain, but were spared the brunt of the damage. Edith in Pinagbayanan said it was horrible. With high winds and waves they suffered the most, but no major damage or loss of lives. The fact that this was such a fast moving storm seems to be the reason for limited damage."

Thankfully, everyone is OK.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2013, 04:46:18 PM »
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2013, 04:29:50 AM »
NASA-Generated Damage Map to Assist Relief Agencies:

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/spaceimages/details.php?id=PIA17687
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2013, 07:06:45 AM »
Isn't Llilo where PAFCO headquarters is ?

http://afcoemanila.com/index.html

How are they doing ?
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2014, 09:21:42 PM »
NOVA is broadcasting their program on Typhoon Haiyan tonight.   
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.