Author Topic: Earthquakes in Diverse Places  (Read 89939 times)

WendyForsyth

• http://
Earthquakes in Diverse Places
« on: February 26, 2001, 10:47:00 AM »
EARTHQUAKES IN DIVERS PLACES pt. 1 February 26, 2001

The Associated Press and Reuters reports: “Quake Jolts San Francisco Bay Area: An earthquake sent a sharp jolt through the San Francisco Bay area Sunday afternoon but no damage was reported. The quake had a 4.4 magnitude, the U.S. Geological Survey reported. It was centered 11 miles east of San Jose. Earthquakes with a magnitude stronger than 4 can cause moderate damage.
Some 20,000 houses collapsed and three people were killed as a strong earthquake struck a remote area of China's Sichuan province, a local official said on Sunday. Another 109 people were injured and seven were missing after the quake, measuring 6.0 on the Richter scale, struck a mountainous area populated by ethnic Tibetans in the southwestern province Friday.

A strong earthquake shook Afghanistan, Pakistan and northern India on Sunday. There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries. Estimates of the quake's magnitude ranged from 5.8 to 6.5. The shaking sent panicked residents rushing from their homes in Kabul, the Afghan capital, and in northern India. It rattled windows in Pakistan's capital of Islamabad, about 480 miles south of the epicenter near Feyzadad, Afghanistan.

Continued in next post…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EARTHQUAKES IN DIVERS PLACES pt. 2 February 26, 2001

Continued from above:
A strong earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 5.8 jolted northeastern Japan on Sunday morning, but there were no immediate reports of damage or injuries. The quake struck at 6:54 a.m. local time, just below the seabed off the coast of Fukushima state, the Meteorological Agency said. The temblor shook buildings but no damage or injuries have been reported, said a local police spokesman on condition of anonymity. Fukushima is about 150 miles northeast of Tokyo There was no danger of tsunami - huge waves caused by undersea disturbances such as volcanic activity or earthquakes - the Meteorological Agency said.

Three people were killed and many injured by an earthquake that struck a remote part of China's Sichuan province, state media reported on Saturday. The quake measuring 6.0 on the open-ended Richter scale struck a mountainous area populated by ethnic Tibetans in the southwestern province on Friday.

Three sharp earthquakes shook quake-stricken El Salvador on Saturday, with reports of only minor damage. One person was injured running from a theater and the quake caused a brief fire at a gasoline station on the outskirts of the capital, said Red Cross spokesman Carlos Lopez Mendoza. Thousands of aftershocks have rattled the country since a magnitude 7.6 quake on Jan. 13. It was followed by a magnitude 6.6 quake on Feb. 13…”

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Wendy

• http://www.megspace.com/religion/cainan/
Re: Earthquakes in Diverse Places
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2001, 02:36:00 PM »
I understand that we have earthquakes around the world every day but the really large ones do seem to be getting more frequent.

Another reason to say Maranatha.  :)

WendyL ~ Maranatha!:)

WendyForsyth

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2001, 03:04:00 PM »
Yes we do have them everyday. But they don't make the news. Even the media is sitting up and taking notice that something unusual is going on.

Even so come Lord Jesus!!!

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Paul Beach

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2001, 10:29:00 AM »
There was between a 5.6 and 6.2 earthquake in the Pacific Northwest today.  No reports of injuries yet.  Developing . . .

Paul

WendyForsyth

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2001, 11:08:00 AM »
I was there Paul! My house is on the edge of a cliff, and it was very scary. Now Colorado is rating it at a 7.0 magnitude. I'm in a 120 year old house, two stories on pier blocks, so it isn't very stable. I had things falling and the house shook for at least 45 seconds or more. Seattle and Olympia are hit hard with much damage and injuries are beginning to be reported. There is damage in Portland as well... Please come soon Lord Jesus!

Wendy
-----------------
Even so Come!!!!!!

Fenelon

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2001, 02:55:00 PM »
Sister Wendy, we are happy you are alright!  :) They are saying it was 6.8, but for some reason they are having some difficulty in pinning it down.  It seems the epicenter was quite deep in the earth.

There was a celebration in the area just last night where there were injuries. Seattle has quite a homo-sexual community. It reminds me of San Francisco.  What was the celebration that had just finished?

Airport is closed due to the loss of the glass in the tower and inability to fuel planes.

Another miracle that so many were spared. It is a warning of what is to come. Let us be about our business of giving the last warning message.

Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Wendy

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2001, 03:36:00 PM »
Hi WendyF,

I'm glad you're OK too.  :)

------------------

WendyForsyth

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2001, 03:56:00 PM »
Hi Richard,

Guess what? The celebration was Fat Tuesday, Mardi Gras!!! You can imagine the immorality that was going on in the streets last night. The rioting was tremendous. The news media was just getting ready to report on some injuries that occured during the "celebration" when the earthquake hit. First thing that came to my mind was the judgements of God. I even had several non-christian neighbors talk about how God is warning us to come back to Him and time is short and there isn't much chance if we don't get right with Him now. So yes, we are getting a wakeup call. Time is short. The earthquake was very deep which in some ways was good. The damage would have been a hundred times worse if it had been shallow. But the depth of the quake destroyed a bunch of foundational rock that will make the earth much more unstable the next time one hits. And another one will come. This is only the beginning. The ring of fire is starting to come alive in this hemisphere finally and it will be brutal. Let us take this time while we can to spread the gospel as well as cement our relationship with God.

WendyL~Thanks, me too! :)

Wendy
---------------------
Still alive and kicking!!! ;D

Fenelon

Dugald T Lewis MD

• Moderator at Rest
    • http://www.drdugaldlewis.com
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2001, 01:29:00 PM »
Maranatha

Michelle

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2001, 12:04:00 PM »
In Dwight Nelson's sermon yesterday (listened on the radio--you can find it online at the PMC website) he was talking about the sheer number of large earthquakes in the last year, and then the last 3 months.  It's pretty staggering.  It was the last of his "What Left Behind Left Behind" series of sermons, and he tied in the natural disasters with the sermon.  I hadn't realized that there had been so many large ones recently.  They just don't get reported anymore, it's too commonplace!

WendyForsyth

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2001, 12:12:00 PM »
Hi Michelle,

There are a couple of places that you can look for reports of these events. It will give you a real idea of the magnitude of the situation. I'll list the links here: http://quake.usgs.gov/recenteqs/  http://spike.geophys.washington.edu/recenteqs/  http://www.discovery.com/news/earthalert/earthalert.html
This should give you a good start. If you keep up with it daily it is almost overwhelming how the signs of Christ's return are being fulfilled.

Wendy
----------------------
He's coming soon!!!

[This message has been edited by WendyForsyth (edited 03-04-2001).]

Fenelon

Wendy

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2001, 04:09:00 PM »
Wow WendyF it sounds like Seattle is really catching it.

That makes me think of a story one of my pastors once told our church.

He was a pastor in Seattle for a while and during that time he was put in contact with this guy that wanted Bible studies. The man was very earnest and explained that he had been involved in a pretty heavy party scene there in Seattle. He said during that time he witnessed a lot of things like seances and ouji board sessions. During this time the spiritualists around him were discussing how they could get control of Seattle (with the implication that it was for the devil). This fellow got really scared, hence the Bible studies. They had a lot of problems with spirit activity too. I think he said that at one point when he was visiting there were bottles flying down the hallway of the apartment and smashing against the wall (no one was there to be throwing them).

Even forgetting about the traffic, I don't think I'd want to be living in Seattle.   :P

------------------
WendyL ~ Maranatha! :)

[This message has been edited by Wendy (edited 03-04-2001).]

WendyForsyth

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2001, 04:40:00 PM »
Yeah, Port Townsend isn't much better either because it is a convergence zone for powers used for evil purposes. We have new agers, wiccans, and multitudes of others flock here to practice their witchcraft etc. I'm pretty sure that God is letting people in this area know that He isn't going to take this much longer. I've heard many people referring to end times and how God is giving us a wakeup call. It is, as Richard suggested, a wonderful time for witnessing.

WendyF
------------------
He's coming soon!!!

Fenelon

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2004, 08:25:00 PM »
Earthquakes in diverse places where there are large populations of Muslims and Hindus or atheists:

Today: Indonesia, India, Sri Lanka, West Africa 9.0-----13,000 dead and climbing

Exactly one year ago today:    Dec. 26, 2003 Bam Iran 6.5-----Over 40,000 dead

May 2003 Algeria    6.8-----Over 2000 dead

March 2002 Afghanistan     5.8-----1,000 dead

2001 India   7.9-----2,500 dead

Aug. 1999 Turkey    7.4-----17,000 dead

May  1998 Afghanistan     6.9-----5,000 dead

1993 India    6.0----- 10,000 dead

June 1990 Iran   7.3-----50,000 dead

Sept. 1978 Iran   7.7-----25,000 dead

July  1976 China   7.8-----240,000 dead

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2004, 08:30:00 PM »
1990 seems to be a starting point for increased judgments upon the earth. In 1989 a quake hit San Francisco and Oakland. Few were killed, but it was indeed a wake up call to a pair of wicked cities. God looks down upon the nations and the cities of this world. His hand of protection has been outstretched, but we now believe that God is allowing the winds of strife to blow.

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2004, 10:32:00 PM »
My daughter was telling me about the 9.0 one today. I read to her all the information here. It is indeed many wake up calls. No one can say we did not see His coming ahead of time. Of Course people have to be told or study for themselves. But the immorality going on right now is enough for God to look on the whole world as He did Sodom and Gorrmarah. The four winds are cutting loose and the Lord will return. But there will be so much to go through before hand. It will be so completely different than any life we have lived up to this point. A real change and a giving up of everything. It is at our doorstep and much closer than I feel any realize.

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 06:40:46 AM »
Preliminary reports put an earthquake that shook Western Nevada at 6.3.

2008/02/21   14:16:02.371 41.185 N  114.861 W    8.0    6.3 139   Prelim  234425   source

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008, 02:14:55 PM »
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2008, 07:36:04 AM »
Earthquakes, earthquakes and more earthquakes just over the weekend!

Death toll rises to 72 as powerful earthquake levels village in Kyrgyzstan Source

Magniitude-5.1 earthquake strikes Fakfak (Indonesia's West Papua Province)  Source

6.6 Earthquake jolts area near Lhasa, Tibet  Source

6.0 Strong earthquake jolts central Afghanistan Source

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2008, 05:52:39 AM »
Strong earthquake rattles northeastern Greece - 6.6  Source

Strong earthquake strikes deep under Bolivia - 6.2 Source