Author Topic: Another Hospital Fails  (Read 3768 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Another Hospital Fails
« on: October 06, 2000, 10:01:00 PM »
We have lost another Seventh-day Adventist hospital. The Warburton hospital in Victoria, Australia has been sold.   Dr. Percy Harold, director, Adventist Health Department South
 Pacific Division said "The failure of the hospital is not the result of bad management,
noncommital staff or a lack of clinical skills, Rather, it is the change in current health-care needs, the ability to treat many
more diseases specifically and the financial changes forced by governments and other health-industry bodies."

Sad that our church has failed to follow the counsels given. We may blame other factors in these closings, but when we follow God we shall succeed. More hospitals shall follow if we do not seek the Lord and run the hospitals as the sanitariums they were intended to be.
Let us return to the pattern set before us.

Australia is an interesting situation because the people there are open to alternative medicine. They want health reform to a great degree.

Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Laurie Mosher

• There is a place of quiet rest
Another Hospital Fails
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2000, 05:37:00 AM »
  Sad, but true ,Bro. Richard.
I kind of wonder for those that are left, if some of them haven't actually "fallen, but still standing". By that I mean, I have worked in several institutions that , for all intents and purposes were NOT following the Blueprint, and were so like the world (in EVERY way), that you would be hard-pressed to believe it was SDA in mission!

When "we" act like the world, dress like the world, EAT like the world, and BECOME like the world, no wonder God permits closure of these facilities!
 And herein lies the remedy as Bro. Richard stated.
"WE NEED TO GET BACK TO THE BLUEPRINT!"

Unfortunately, a lot of administrators don't even know what the "blueprint" is.

------------------
Keep "the" faith,BUT pass it around!

Bro. Laurie

Keep "the" Faith,  Brother Laurie

Dugald T Lewis MD

• Moderator at Rest
    • http://www.drdugaldlewis.com
Another Hospital Fails
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2000, 07:27:00 AM »
Dear Brother Richard,

When I spoke with Dr Percy Harrold a few months ago at the GC Session regarding the
hospital that was lost last December in New Zealand, he tried to paint it in a positive light. He never hinted that Warburton was on a similiar path. His recent statement cannot be truly trusted as it is too broad and "fuzzy".  :)

There is something intrinsically wrong with our methods of operation of the medical ministry. Only God can help us.

In the Blessed Hope.
Dugald

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Another Hospital Fails
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 12:03:40 PM »
During the last couple of weeks, 2 other SDA hospitals have sold. I did not keep the alerts, so I do not have the names and locations.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 12:31:00 PM »
During the last couple of weeks, 2 other SDA hospitals have sold. I did not keep the alerts, so I do not have the names and locations.

I expect this will continue to happen unless and until the leadership recognizes that these hospitals are not operating according to God's plan, and then take steps to rectify the situation.  Will that actually happen?  Ihate to sound cynical, but I have my doubts.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 07:10:00 AM »
Adventist hopeful for buyer

Despite financial losses this year, hospital officials believe a prospect will come forward to purchase the site. Source
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89