Author Topic: Lesson 9, Wednesday, Come out of her my people.  (Read 2878 times)

Clive Nevell

• http://
Lesson 9, Wednesday, Come out of her my people.
« on: May 24, 2000, 05:43:00 PM »
Compare and contrast the message carried by the second angel and the third. What is the main concern in each?

Second angel:

Third angel:

What does it mean for God's people to come out of Babylon? (Rev.18:1-5)

How do they do that, and how do they help others do the same?

Clive

Clive Nevell

• http://
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2000, 04:18:00 AM »
"In this day, God has called His church, as he called ancient Israel, to stand as a light in the earth. By the mighty cleaver of truth,-the messages of the first, second, and third angels,-He has separated a people from the churches and from the world, to bring them into a sacred nearness to Himself. He has made them the depositories of His law, and has commited to them the great truths of prophecy for this time. Like the ho;y oracles committed to ancient israel, these are a sacred trust to be communicated to the world.
Prophecy declares thet the first angel would make his announcment to 'every nation, and tongue, and people.' The warning of the third angel, which forms a part of the same threefold message,and is the message for this time, and will be no less widespread. The banner on which is inscribed, 'The commanments of God and the faith of Jesus,' is to raised a loft. The power of the first anmd second messages is to be intensfied in third. It is represented in the prophecy as being proclaimed with a loud voice by an angel flying in the midst of heaven, and it will command the attention of the world."

Clive

Laurie Mosher

• There is a place of quiet rest
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2000, 03:42:00 AM »
   Do you suppose that "Babylon" represents more than a lot of religious denominations not following Biblical teachings?

We often see the definition of sin as "the transgression of God's law" 1 John 3:4

The essence of sin, is the ABSENCE OF FAITH- that is, NOT trusting in what God says.

John the B, and Jesus both had a message for the people preparing for the first Advent of Christ.
"Repent"
Matt.3:1-2  (John the Baptist)
Matt.4:17   (Jesus)

There is a similar message for those who are preparing for Christ's 2nd Advent, isn't there.
"Repent"
Acts 2:38; 3:19  (Peter)
Rev.3:19 (Jesus) thru the prophet John (the Revelator) for God's last church ,"Laodicea"
That's the church we are in.

And the message is "Repent and forsake the breaking of God's commandments". And the Bible confirms this in Proverbs 28:13.

The bottom line in determining What/Who Babylon is is merely defined as "Who are we serving?" Jesus or self?

Do we believe in Christ our righteousness, or righteousness by works?
 Keep "the" faith!
   Br. Laurie

Keep "the" Faith,  Brother Laurie