Author Topic: Lesson 7, Friday , Discussion Questions & Summary.  (Read 2928 times)

Clive Nevell

• http://
Lesson 7, Friday , Discussion Questions & Summary.
« on: May 11, 2000, 03:41:00 AM »
Never let anyone be conserned that the judgement detracts from what Jesus did for us on the cross. It does not detract but the cross is only the beginning of the plan of salvation. The judgement shows the unfallen worlds once and for all that God is just and true, that everyone that is saved is there because of the righteous demands of the law has been met through the spilt blood of Jesus.
"The saints rejoice in the time of the judgement, for they are vindicated! they have received the robe of Christ's righteousness and have lived by His power! Let us join in proclaiming the everlasting gospel-'the hour of His judgement has come' (Rev.14:7, NKJV)-a final phase in the plan of salvation that ushers in the Second Coming, the reign of the righteous in heaven for a thousand years, and the new earth." (TE 88)

Questions

(1) Living in the time of the judgement, why is it important that I examine myself and my works? Can my good works tip the scales of judgement in my favour? Explain.

(2) Do I rejoice in this crucial time of judgement? How does this help me proclaim "The hour of His judgement is come"?

Clive

dwayne

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2000, 09:50:00 AM »
"... for the hour of His judgment has come..." Revelation 14:7

When I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, I was judged for everlasting life AT THE CROSS. In Him, I have passed from death to life. In Him, I have already been judged. In Him, I have eternal life. And, in Him, I am raised up and made to sit together in the heavenly places. By grace I have been saved through faith, not of my works lest I brag. Do I rejoice? Indeed, forever more!!!

For He Alone is Worthy!

Clive Nevell

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2000, 01:25:00 PM »
"The judgement will identify God's true people on the basis of their faith. but since only God can read our thoughts, the judgement must use evidence for faith that can be witnessed by all created beings. only thus can they be assured that saved beings will not again function as self-replicating moral viruses. Thus the judgement considers records of works which show whether living faith exists. The point is not works themselves, but whether a person has true faith...The judgement is about who is forgiven...Thus judgement affirms our assurance, it does not take it away...Forgiveness that involves no moral change and thus cannot reproduce itself for the benefit of others is not the kind of forgiveness God gives...Thus genuine, ongoing  obedience is a gift of grace brought by the blood of Christ and received through faith."

WE need to ask the question "How are we saved"

The answer can be found by going back to look at the sanctuary service in the OT.

"In agreement with NT evidence for the way in which we are saved by Christ's blood, ancient Israel's sacrifice for sin included two essential components: personal involvement of sinners and priestly mediation. Israelite sinners were required to bring a female goat or sheep to the sanctuary, place their hand on the head of the animal, and slay it. Then the priest applied the blood to the altar and burned its suet/fat on the altar (Lev.4:27-35). The ritual summarized: 'And the priest shall make atonment for him, and he shall be forgiven. (Lev.4:3,35)
Atonment was not completed by the slaughter of the animal at the hand of the sinner, which pointed forward to Christ's death. Death provided the blood that made possible priestly mediation, an act called a work of 'atonment.' Mediation was part of the atoning sacrifice. Since Christ's fulfils the meaning of the animal sacrifices (John 1:29) we should regard Christ's mediation as an essential part of His sacrifice rather than a separate phase." (Perspective Digest, Vol.5 #2 2000 p.12-17)

Clive

[This message has been edited by Clive Nevell (edited 05-12-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Clive Nevell (edited 05-12-2000).]