Author Topic: Lesson 7, Monday, Christ & the Judgement.  (Read 3750 times)

Clive Nevell

• http://
Lesson 7, Monday, Christ & the Judgement.
« on: May 08, 2000, 06:07:00 AM »
What do you find in Hebrews 4:14-16 that encourages you to approach the throne of grace with confidence?

What assurance do we have in the judgement from the folloing texts?
Heb.2:17,18; Heb.7:25; 1John2:1; John 5:22,27,30; Rom.8:34.

Clive

Clive Nevell

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2000, 12:48:00 PM »
"Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." (Heb.4:14-16)
These texts tell us and give us hope and confidence as we come to our heavenly Father, because Jesus, our "great high priest" is in heaven. He can sympathise with us because He was one of us, and is our great example, not only surviving but without sin. Because of this we can all "find grace in time of need."

"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you." (Acts 3:19,20)

"when the investigative judgement closses, Christ will come, and His reward will be with Him to give every man as his work shall be." (GC 485)

"My little children, these things write I unto you, that if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous." (1John 2:1)

"Who is he that condemeth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us." (Rom.5:34)

"For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgement unto the Son." (John 5:22)

Christ is our substitute, advocate , and judge, with that on our side, how can we lose. But we must be on the same side.

Clive

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2000, 02:23:00 PM »
How shall we know that we are on the same side?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Clive Nevell

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2000, 04:10:00 AM »
Bro. Richard
If only we knew, it is a question that has been asked over and over again. All the old answers can roll off the tongue but really only as individuals can we answer that question.
WE MUST ANSWER AS INDIVIDUALS.
Perhaps it could be put into the appropiate forum and opened up for general discussion. In the parable that Jesus told He said to one side, "Depart from me, ye cursed,into everlasting fire." and they thought they were saved but were not. To the other side were given the words, "Come ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you." Yet this group did not know they were saved, certainly not by their answer.

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matt.11:28-30)

Jesus would not give this promise if it was not real. If we can claim this promise and many like then we will know whose side we are on. People that we mix with will know, at home, church, and the community.

For further reading I suggest 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Epistles of John where we are given what christians should be like.

Clive