Author Topic: Lesson 5, Thursday, Victory in Jesus.  (Read 5274 times)

Clive Nevell

• http://
Lesson 5, Thursday, Victory in Jesus.
« on: April 26, 2000, 11:22:00 AM »
How are Christ's temtations and victory related to ours?

How our abiding in Him affect our view of the judgement and the Second Coming?
(1John 4:17; Rev.3:21)

Clive

Clive Nevell

• http://
Lesson 5, Thursday, Victory in Jesus.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2000, 08:43:00 AM »
Christ's temptations were so much more powerful than ours, He was tempted when He was at His lowest phycically, imagine being in the desert for so long without food. What about Pilots courtroom, Gethsemene, and at Calvary. "It was in the time of greatest weakness that Christ was assailed by the fiercest temptation." (DA,p.120)

"Those who are truly like the Judge need not fear the judgement! The believer's ground for confidence is not his own imperfect attainments, but the faultless character and propitiatory sacrifice of Christ and his saviour." (SDA BC 7 p.669)

Christ's temptations were greater than ours will ever be, we are never tempted to use our "divinity" to our advantage because we never had any "divinity"

"Jesus gained the victory through submission and faith in God" (DA,p.130)
"He exercised in His own behalf no power that is not freely offered to us." (p.24)
"We cannot save ourselves from the tempter's power...when we try to stand in our own strength, we shall become a prey to his devices." (p.131)

"Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgement; because as he is, so are we in this world." (1John 1:17)

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcome, amd am set down with my Father in his throne." (Rev.3:20,21)

Clive