Author Topic: Here They Come!  (Read 1990 times)

Liane H

• http://
Here They Come!
« on: May 07, 2007, 02:33:00 PM »
I had been praying that she did not get pregnant, but now there is no denying the event to take place within days or a week.

I had thought about it, but never entertained the thought of my goat Jesse having babies, but one day when I came home, my friends who's property I live had moved the Alpine goat buck to the pen with my Jesse so that their Qaurter horse Filly could have her foal.

So since January I had hope that she did not take, but now the reality is here and she is showing signs of getting ready to be able to have and feed her babies. Worse yet, Jake thinks she will have triplets of which I have no desire to see.

For years I had all my dogs and cats spayed and neutered so they would not have any babies. I did not want the stress and concern for life coming into this world, but here it is and there is nothing I can do about it.

All the body symptoms are showing with the udder's filling with milk and she is eating like a horse for the time that she will stop eating and be ready to give birth for the first and LAST time in her four years of life.

These babies will be a mix of Boer, Nubian and Alpine goats with Boer and Alpine being the big chunk of the blood lines.

Boer are meat goats and Nubian and Alpine are dairy goats. It will be interesting to see how these babies come out.

If there are three my friend Heidi will take one of the babies to bottle feed if she rejects one of them, but I am still praying for two and more than that one, but it does not look good or promising.

It is a great life in the country with so many things happening from day to day and the blessings of it each day fill my life.

These children of my friend get to experience and live a life that I could only dream of when I was a child, but today I am living that dream. What a blessing.

------------------
Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Esther 7

• http://
Here They Come!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 02:38:00 AM »
We're praying that your goats are safe and healthy and that no harm will befall them.

What a blessing!