Author Topic: Keep a look out for.....  (Read 96746 times)

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
Re: Keep a look out for.....
« Reply #260 on: August 23, 2017, 05:11:27 PM »
My son did so for me vicariously, and sent me some pictures.  Does that count?  ;)

A non-event up here; only about 50% covered.  The light got funny looking and it cooled off for awhile, but that's about it.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #261 on: August 24, 2017, 05:46:56 AM »
That works for me Wally. I also took the opportunity to be in the path of totality. It was an experience that is for sure. To feel the temperature drop and crickets and Katydid's start their chirping at 2:30 in the afternoon, and to see the stars come out at 2:30 in the afternoon was interesting to say the least.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #262 on: August 28, 2017, 12:09:32 PM »
Both pictures from my phone   :-\    2nd picture is looking away from sun.

By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #263 on: August 06, 2018, 11:19:15 AM »
This meteor shower usually doesn't disappoint. Over the years there have been several augusts that I was treated to a really nice show.

http://spaceweather.com/

PERSEID METEOR SHOWER: Earth is entering a stream of debris from giant comet 109P/Swift-Tuttle, parent of the annual Perseid meteor shower. Although the shower is not expected to peak until next weekend, NASA all-sky cameras are already detecting dozens of Perseid fireballs every night over the USA. This early activity may be a good omen for the nights ahead, especially Aug. 11th-13th when Earth is expected to pass through the densest part of the comet's debris zone. Visit Spaceweather.com for more information and observing tips.

ejclark

« Reply #264 on: August 08, 2018, 11:49:17 AM »
Very interesting. White Horse Media has some presentations based on the newest released manuscripts telling about fireballs from heaven striking different locations here on earth. One of the most talked about is the fireballs hitting Nashville. Anytime an event like this occurs it makes me wonder, "Is this the one?"

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #265 on: October 16, 2018, 09:46:37 AM »
Get ready for a very nice comet. In exactly two months, Comet 46P/Wirtanen will sweep past Earth, making one of the 10 closest approaches of a comet to our planet during the Space Age. If forecasters are correct, Comet Wirtanen could become visible to the naked eye for weeks in Dec. 2018. The small but unusually active comet comes closest to Earth just four days after its closest approach to the sun, and it will be "up" all night long, making this an exceptional flyby. Visit Spaceweather.com for the full story.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #266 on: November 12, 2018, 09:38:27 AM »
In modern astronomy, most comets are found by large mountaintop telescopes scanning the skies under control of computers. Turn back the clock. Three amateur astronomers have just discovered a bright new comet in the constellation Virgo. It is approaching Earth for a close encounter later this month and could become visible to the naked eye. Visit today's edition of Spaceweather.com for the full story.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #267 on: December 04, 2018, 12:14:54 PM »
Get ready for a very nice comet. In exactly two months, Comet 46P/Wirtanen will sweep past Earth, making one of the 10 closest approaches of a comet to our planet during the Space Age. If forecasters are correct, Comet Wirtanen could become visible to the naked eye for weeks in Dec. 2018. The small but unusually active comet comes closest to Earth just four days after its closest approach to the sun, and it will be "up" all night long, making this an exceptional flyby. Visit Spaceweather.com for the full story.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #268 on: December 12, 2018, 01:51:54 PM »
I'm wondering if anyone has even attempted to see if they can see this? As usual the sky's in my neck of the woods are cloudy and really haven't had a good opportunity.