Author Topic: Object Lessons for Kids of "ALL" Ages  (Read 15203 times)

Laurie Mosher

• There is a place of quiet rest
Object Lessons for Kids of "ALL" Ages
« on: October 07, 2000, 02:14:00 PM »
  Dear TRO members!
  I've been thinking for the last couple of weeks, about starting a thread on "Object Lessons". I would like to encourage ALL the readers and posters on TRO to post object lessons as well.
 I have noticed (in other threads), that "we" are privileged to have MANY mothers in this forum, who have young children, older children, and grandchildren. I believe that the success of any thread is the INPUT by all.
 So PLEASE add your object lessons for us ALL to live by.

------------------
Keep "the" faith,BUT pass it around!

Bro. Laurie

Keep "the" Faith,  Brother Laurie

Laurie Mosher

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2000, 02:24:00 PM »
   JESUS LOVES YOU!

Romans 8:35 "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?"

Object: Paper Chain. (Have paper strips cut prior to lesson; have glue and a pencil ready. Chain will be made as you talk).

I like to make paper chains. They look pretty on Christmas trees, or hanging on doorways. It's fun to make paper chains when it rains and you cannot go outside.
 Let's give each of these paper strips a name. I'll put my name on the first one. Now I'm going to tell (child nearest you) "Jesus loves you".I'll put your name (same child) on the next strip and put it with mine. (Now make a game of letting each child tell the one next to him that Jesus loves him. As he does so, add another "named link" to the chain.)
 Look at how long the chain is getting. Everytime we tell someone about Jesus, the chain gets longer. Jesus wants everyone to hear about Him. Would you like to tell one of your friends about Jesus? I'll ask you next Sabbath, and if you told someone else, we'll add more to the chain. (Don't forget to do this the next Sabbath. All of the children will probably say they talked to someone about Jesus. Don't question their honesty.
Just add another link to the chain. Discuss who they told about Jesus and what they said.)

Laurie Mosher

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2000, 02:38:00 PM »
    AN EGG-SAMPLE
Need: One boiled egg and one raw egg.

2 Timothy 3:5 "Having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof."

Here are 2 eggs. They look just the same, but they are very different. One is boiled, one isn't. It would be easy to be fooled. There is a trick for telling them apart, though; so we don't stay fooled for long.

The egg that spins is the boiled one. (spin the eggs while explaining this part.) The raw egg only wobbles. They look the same on the outside, but they are very different on the inside.

Let's say this raw egg will represent an unsaved person. The boiled egg will represent someone who has accepted the Lord Jesus as his Saviour. Each one comes to worship services, learns Bible verses, sings the songs, and takes an active part in everything going on. But don't be fooled!

The Christian, the one with Jesus as his Saviour, has a special walk or spin to his life. He has a special direction and he's on his way to heaven. The sinner has no direction, but can only wobble in the state of sin.
 Many times we can be fooled by people who act like Christians, but they're still unsaved. But worse than being fooled by others is trying to fool yourself. Don't try to spin like a Christian; it won't work. You have to be one.
 REMEMBER GOD KNOWS whether we are real or not. He sees right through our "shell'.

Joan Rügemer

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2000, 01:01:00 AM »
That was a very good object lesson. If I was a kid listening I just know that the story and point would have stayed with me up till now as adult. I just loved visual aids as a kid but in the late fifties it wasn't employed in teaching as well in the last few decades.

Joan

Joan Rügemer

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2000, 04:27:00 AM »
(object lesson from the insight of Wendy)

The Sin Conflict........

To explain how I look at it, in my mind I illustrate it with an object lesson from nature (chemistry).

All matter is made of atoms and......

each atom is made of different electric charges,......

negative charges orbit a positive core.......

and as long as there are the same number of negative charges as there are positive charges......

the atom stays balanced.

But if the atom gains more negative charge or loses negative charge it becomes unbalanced,........

or as the lingo goes, it becomes a free radical.

The free radical then becomes very reactive and ..........

starts reacting with atoms around it in an attempt to regain it's balance.........

If it's in the body it can damage important molecules like DNA and cause cancer.

Even as long ago as the first sin, we humans were 'damaged' and became 'free radicals' .

With every generation we've added new trauma and new damage.

We might start out intact and fairly undamaged but........

it doesn't seem like it's very long before someone who is damaged comes along and reacts on us making us damaged.

That's where Jesus can come in, he's the only one who can make us whole again.

Psychology might tell you how you are damaged........

and explain how that might make you react which makes it a little easier to live with, ..........

but it can't make you whole again;

you have to go to the source of all life and love to be made whole.

Also, I've noticed you have to remain closely connected to Jesus to remain whole,...........

as soon as I let anything like 'cares of this life' start causing any kind of seperation from his supporting power..........

that damage starts to reassert itself.

Unfortunately that seems to happen way too often.

From Wendy out of Michigan

Laurie Mosher

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2000, 05:36:00 PM »
  Thank YOU Joan AND WENDY!
 Keep the lessons coming. We ALL can learn from these "gems of wisdom"
 Laurie

charlene

• http://
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2000, 03:16:00 PM »
In Northern New York state, the owner of a 'sugar bush' was showing us around his acreage. He had so many lovely sugar maples and his 'bush' was one of the top producers of maple Syrup in the area. He explained how they start 'tapping the trees in January after the January thaw [as soon as they can pull the tractor] and usually get a flow before spring'...The number of buckets they will hang on a tree is determined on the size of the tree.  A small one will get only one bucket, some larger ones would get two or three... and so on.

We came to this huge maple tree and he pointed this one out in particular, limbs had fallen off and scars were seen everywhere. He said 'I think this is one of the oldest sugar maple tree in the bush, it has been struck by lightning several times, lost limbs and had decay on one side, yet, every year I hang 5 buckets on it and it is still producing.  

Anyone get the message?     God bless.

------------------
charlene

charlene

Laurie Mosher

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2000, 04:13:00 PM »
  Kind of reminds one of a victorious Christian, doesn't it? For in spite of all the battle scars, and perhaps "walking-wounded and battle weary" we're STILL on the march to the heavenly Canaan. And as we continue, there is a gleam in the eyes of those who have battled the devil's darts the most. Eph.6:12 "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world. against spiritual wickedness in high places."
v.13 "Wherefore take unto you the WHOLE ARMOUR OF GOD. that you may be able to stand..."

------------------

Bro. Laurie

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2000, 07:11:00 AM »
Yes, Brother Laurie an image came to mind, it was the apostle John after being boiled in oil. You could hang a hundred buckets on him and still not have enough!  :)

Gray hair ought to bring such results.  :)

Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Kimi

• http://
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2000, 11:12:00 PM »
 I'd like to share a lesson my son taught me when he was 4 years old. When this happened I wanted to share it with people but he begged me not to tell the story until he was "really" old like 20. Since he is turning 21 in a few weeks I think I'm safe.
Our dog came up missing and we were all devastated and each evening during our worship we would ask Jesus to bring our dog home. One night as I peeked in on my son after he had gone to bed I found him sobbing quietly in his bed. I sat by him and asked what was wrong. He asked me why Jesus wasn't answering our prayers. I told him that sometimes He says yes and sometimes He says no and this was a time that He said no.  After this at worship we no longer included the prayer to bring our dog home. Three months later we were driving through a neighborhood quite a ways from our house and tied to a house we saw a dog that looked like our beloved pet. As I slowed the car I was talking out loud to myself wondering if this really could be her. Then my son jumped up from the backseat and cried, "Yes! That's her! I KNEW we would find her." He said this with such certainty that I asked him how he KNEW we would find her. He replied in the matter of fact way of a 4 year old; "I never stopped praying."
What joyful thanksgiving took place at family worship that evening. This was our dog and she was returned to us immediately.

Laurie Mosher

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2000, 03:04:00 PM »
Thank You Sr. Kimi! God never gives up on us, that is a very important lesson to remember.
Thank You for your object lesson!!

------------------

Bro. Laurie

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2000, 08:04:00 PM »
Sister Kimi, thank you for sharing that beautiful testimony of faith in Jesus. When our eyes cannot see, then it is real faith to believe. Jesus could not see through the portals of the tomb, but He believed also.  :) Let us learn the lesson well so we too, may be prepared.

In His love and grace,    Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Avalee Lohman

• http://www.geocities.com/avalee50/
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2000, 09:15:00 PM »
Kimi thank you so much for that wonderful object lesson on prayer. A wonderful story.

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee  :)

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Re: Object Lessons for Kids of \
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2018, 06:53:16 PM »
Here my friends is a good object lesson in perseverance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOYo7yGSpZo

This little cub had one and only one thing on it's mind. That was to follow his mother. Instead of looking at his circumstances he "simply" kept his eye on his mother and kept getting back up no matter how far he slipped. There are some of us (I know by personal experience) would be tempted to look at the steep terrain and/or the cold snow become discouraged from even trying. Or maybe look down and be paralyzed with fear of the results of a misstep. However, the solution is not look to circumstances but to Christ. We will not find our way by focusing on the problem but by fixing our eye on Christ.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}