Author Topic: Finding God's Rainbow  (Read 9071 times)

charlene

• http://
Finding God's Rainbow
« on: February 08, 2000, 12:52:00 PM »
The rainbow, What a gift God has given us in color. Bob and I were traveling home,  the panorama of the hills and sky were in full view, and there on a giant canvas, God had painted two complete rainbows. It was twilight and the colors were vivid. Local residents were standing in their yards gazing into the lovely scene, We wondered if they knew 'from whence it came'.

As Richard said, to be an artist is to 'learn to see'. One of the first words a budding, beginning artist says is, 'I never saw like this before.'

There is no such thing as a red apple...God used many hues and many intensities of color to make a red apple.  My challenge for you is to really look for the variety of color it takes to form the illusion of the  simple round red apple. God spoke and it was so,  using the invisible, but sometimes I must use 10 colors, maybe 15, [man's pigments] to create on canvas, a red apple. Also there is no brown tree trunks, green hills, yellow roses, or white snow,  please, truly observe, look for the seeming invisible, find God's rainbow in something and post what you find.  Manuscript Releases Volume Eight---PG- 32

Such scenes as we have on this ground cheer my heart and I want to know how many of us look upon the lofty things of nature and then return thanks to the God of nature? Do we see in the things of earthliness the hand of the Creator? It is the Christian that can set the true value upon everything that
God has given us on this earth. Every flower and every shrub, everything beautiful in nature calls our mind away from nature to nature's God. Who gave that beautiful flower its tint, its color? It was our heavenly Father. And you can teach your children that here is an expression of the love of God to fallen man. You can look upon the beautiful things of nature, blighted now by the load of the curse, and they represent but feebly the joys that are to come. You visit the most beautiful places on earth and delight yourself in them, and yet, "eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, . . . the things which God had prepared for them that love Him! (1 Cor. 2:9)." How many there are that do not think of those things that God has given us. Now, if we could readily appreciate these blessings, then we would always be happy, but there is an enemy who is always working against us, so that the praise and gratitude
which should flow forth from our lips is often withheld."

Share a colorful 'beauty.'..

charlene

charlene

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Finding God's Rainbow
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2000, 05:07:00 AM »
Amen! This last Sabbath we went into the country for a walk and it started to  rain. Did it come from God, or was it a trial? Don't know who brought the rain, but we know all things work together for good to those who love God. We love God! The most beautiful rainbow we have ever seen appeared. We got out of the car despite the wind and rain and walked to the edge of the road and we were but a couple of hundred feet from the double rainbow. The colors were vibrant, the bow was double and it was full. We thanked God for the token of His presence, His love, and His forgiveness of our sins.<p>It came just before the Sabbath closed. We recognized the blessing. How many times does God turn what appears to be failure into a great blessing? The Bible recounts time after time. God is in control and as we experience His power we are drawn closer to Him.

Thank you, dear Jesus, for the Sabbath, a memorial of your creation for us.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

charlene

Finding God's Rainbow
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2000, 07:49:00 AM »
Richard,  I think there is a 'POT OF GOLD" at the end of the rainbow!!!!!

It is all the golden blessings the Heavenly Father pours out on His followers. Just look around, and the joys abound.

There was a time in my life when I was not serving the Lord. My niece came a long distance for a lovely visit. We went shopping in the quaint little village of Lake Placid. As we journneyed home at the end of the day, we were driving west and the sky gave us the most magnificent sunset.

The miracle was, we were more than an hours drive from home and my niece took this opportunity to bring my attention to God and His love for me. She talked in such a loving way, answered many questions for me as we rode alone. Still the colors stayed bright. On and on we went and so did her appeal. When we reached the last mile or two and turned north, I mentioned I had never known a sunset to last so long, they always seem to vanish so quickly. I'll never forget this time with her and never forget her reply. "That is God putting emphases to His words and showing you how much He loves you" And I believe she was right.

God Bless
charlene

charlene

Laurie Mosher

• There is a place of quiet rest
Finding God's Rainbow
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2000, 03:57:00 PM »
 ...  and as we see the rainbow(s), we are reminded that God will never again destroy the earth with a flood. That should cheer our hearts, knowing that the rainbow has been around for a very LO-O-NG time....and that God means what He says, and says what He means!

And dear Brothers and Sisters, even though a flood will not destroy the planet, we know that fire will.

Jesus is coming very soon. We all can tell that something is going to happen soon.

So when you see the rainbow (s), thank the Lord that He is who He says He is, and has GREAT love for each of His children!!

Keep "the"  faith!
     PRAISE THE LORD!

Laurie

Keep "the" Faith,  Brother Laurie

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Finding God's Rainbow
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2000, 05:18:00 AM »
And.....how about the thought that the rainbow of promise is why we are still in this world today.  God will not allow any to be lost that can be saved!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

charlene

Finding God's Rainbow
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2000, 04:13:00 PM »
In your imagination, isn't the following a wonderful sight:

Patriarchs and Prophets   pg 107

In heaven the semblance of a rainbow encircles the throne and overarches the head of Christ. The prophet says, "As the
appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round  about [the throne]. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of Jehovah." Ezekiel 1:28. The revelator declares, "Behold, a throne was set
in heaven, and one sat on the throne. . . . There was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald." Revelation
4:2, 3. When man by his great wickedness invites the divine judgments, the Saviour, interceding with the Father in his behalf,
points to the bow in the clouds, to the rainbow around the throne and above His own head, as a token of the mercy of God toward
the repentant sinner.

God Bless
charlene

charlene

charlene

Finding God's Rainbow
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2000, 08:39:00 AM »

The Spirit of Prophecy Volume One==-PG- 78
    A rainbow is represented in Heaven round
about the throne, also above the head of Christ, as a symbol of God's mercy  incompassing the earth. When man, by his great wickedness, provokes the wrath of God, Christ, man's intercessor, pleads for him, and points to the rainbow in the cloud, as evidence of God's great mercy and compassion for erring man; also the rainbow above
the throne and upon his head, emblematical of the glory and mercy from God resting there for the benefit of repentant man.

God is Good,
charlene

charlene

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Finding God's Rainbow
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2000, 05:13:00 PM »
The thought came to me as I was reading your post that God loves me today if I sin, not just before I became a Christian. We know that, but we can easily forget it. The rainbow reminds Christians that God loves us in our sin. This is the power that brings us back to His love. It is called grace. Therefore, might we say the rainbow of His grace?

Avalee Lohman

• http://www.geocities.com/avalee50/
Finding God's Rainbow
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2000, 02:59:00 AM »
Amen Richard....I for one am so happy that God loves us even while in sin. If He did not loves us while we have not even come to Him yet I would not be here today. God saved my life while living in sin and I will never ever forget that. That act alone has kept me going in many times during my walk with God when I thought I was so alone and Satan tried to tell me God does not want you. He also saved my two children's lives later on. He has worked these three miracles in my life and I can say I truly see His Rainbow. Praise the Lord for His mercies.

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

tami strand

Finding God's Rainbow
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2000, 01:06:00 PM »
Thank you Richard and Charlene for those encouraging words. And Avalee your testimony was a joy to my heart. Three years age my Dad had a devastating stroke, that affected 1/2 of his brain, leaving him paralyzed on one side. After flying him to Alaska to be near his family, and getting him settled into
a nursing home, a very traumatic day, we were driving home and there we seen for the first time a triple rainbow. I felt so blessed to witness this AWESOME sign from God. And we even managed to get this on film. In these past years since his stroke, we have been blessed with some degree of healing in our family.

Thank you for reminding me how much God loves us in our sin.

Tami

charlene

Finding God's Rainbow
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2000, 02:15:00 PM »
Just got home from a busy day and reading these thoughts refreshes me. Is not our God the Greatest. Even the little things we do, He cares about and shows us so many ways how much He loves us. Even in a sin sick world, we have great beauty, ever a reminder of His goodness to the Just and the unjust. I wish the world would understand His love. May we reach some on this forum.  
In Hil Love,
charlene
charlene

Ivan

• Member at Rest
    • http://www.EvidentlyGod.com
Finding God's Rainbow
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2000, 07:03:00 PM »
God is Good!  His Mercy endures forever!

You know that beautiful rainbow which spans the heavens after a shower, that encircles God's throne in heaven, that appears over the remnant in their cliff hideaways as they are hunted for thier faith, means so much more than just the promise of not another global flood.  It is God's promise of kindness and mercy, His covenant of peace with His children:

"For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, not rebuke thee.  For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed; but MY KINDNESS SHALL NOT DEPART FROM THEE, NEITHER SHALL MY COVENANT OF PEACE BE REMOVED, SAITH THE LORD THAT HATH MERCY ON THEE."  Isaiah 54:9,10

Praise God for His faithfulness!

Ivan  :)

charlene

Finding God's Rainbow
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2000, 05:27:00 AM »
Ivan, so good to have you with us on the forum.
Yes, God gives to His children precious promises and He is faithful.  I think too, that as we come closer and closer to the storms of this life in this old world, He will give us many rainbows as His assurance to us, that "He will never leave or forsake us."
Praise His name,

------------------
charlene

charlene

charlene

Finding God's Rainbow
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2000, 10:02:00 AM »
Dear Forum Family,
When my children were small, we lived in close range to a bird sanctuary.  We found it a delight to collect left over pop corn, crackers, bread and goodies for the ducks and geese that stayed by the pond.  We called this bag of treats, Ducky Bread. Sabbath afternoon was always a pleasant time  for us when, with a full bag of Ducky Bread, we played beside the pond and fed the quacking feathered friends.

We did this for many years, then as children grow up and their lives take them to places that are not near, memories fade.

On one of my visiting trips to see my daughter and her husband, I was making sandwiches for our lunch and started to butter the heel from the loaf of bread. "Oh Mom, we don't use the heels,…that goes in the bag of Ducky Bread".  My memory flooded back a lot of years and I smiled, and she returned the smile knowing we were sharing the same memory.

Today, still many years hence….My daughter and family have moved close to us and we see each other often. Today she asked me to meet her for lunch at work. She said she would bring the sandwiches  if I would bring the drink and she had a special place for us to go.

I arrived on time and as she got into the car she said she would give me directions to where we would eat. Turn left here and right there and then in through a gate. The narrow road twisted among the tall pine trees and just ahead there was a small lake and many picnic benches. She chose the table beside the water. Seated beside this patch of liquid blue, we took from our sacks, our lunch.  Then she pulled from her bag, the collected Ducky Bread and we fed the  geese, coots and mallards that almost overtook us.  What a lovely memory returned and we laughed together.

Thank you God, for making such wonderful places on earth, for us to enjoy your handiwork. Thank you for the birds that quack or sing of your goodness. Thank you for a daughter that still wants lunch with her mother, Thank you Jesus for another memory and for bags of Ducky Bread.

------------------
charlene

charlene

Avalee Lohman

• http://www.geocities.com/avalee50/
Finding God's Rainbow
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2000, 03:30:00 PM »
Charlene what a beautiful story...brought a smile to my face.

Avalee

Allan F

Finding God's Rainbow
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2000, 11:15:00 PM »
It was encouraging to read through this thread. There are so many lessons we may learn from the nature. Let us look at the rainbow for a moment, and see if we can learn more from it.
How is the bow formed? What colours does it have?
This will just be my own thoughts, so I hope you will correct me if I am wrong.

As the name indicates, the rainbow is formed by water, and also of sunshine. In the bible the sun symbolizes the righteousness or the law of God (Mal 4:2; Rev 12:1). Water symbolizes Gods grace and power (Eze 36:25, the laver experience). As the rainbow is formed by sunshine and water, so also the new covenant/ the gospel consists of "sun" and "water". Law and grace.

What about the colours of the rainbow? Can we learn something here? In the Bible many colours have a special meaning. For example, in Revelation the white colour often appears, and this colour allways symbolizes purity.  In the bow, the red colour which has the shortest wave length, symbolizes the blood and the great sacrifice of Jesus (Num 4,13.).
The blue/violet colours in the other end of the rainbow point to the law of God (Num 4,6;
15:38.39).
So in one end of the bow we have the red colour symbolizing Jesus atonement for our sins. In the other end we find the blue colours telling us about Gods law. Let me share a text which contains these two colours: In 2Co 5:21 we read: "For he hath made him (Jesus) to be sin for us (that's the red colour). who knew no sin (that's the blue colour);"
What I then find very interesting, is the colour in the middle. The green colour is the colour of life. When Jesus came to this earth he came to give us life. And that is also what I think the last part of the verse in 2Co tells us: "...that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" (in other words: that we might have eternal life in him, and thus this points to the green colour).
So, one lesson I think we may learn from the colours of the rainbow, is that in order for Jesus to give us life, he had to live a perfect life after ther law, and he also had to die for our sins.
Praise God for the nature!

Allan F

charlene

Finding God's Rainbow
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2000, 03:07:00 AM »
Allen,
Thank you for that insight.  God is found in everything that is good and beautiful. Indeed if we will only take the quiet time in nature, so He can speak to us through this...we will always find a blessing. Thank you for sharing.

God is Love,

------------------
charlene

charlene

charlene

Finding God's Rainbow
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2000, 01:45:00 PM »
I love the promise, that in every discouraging chapter of our life, He will never forsake us.

The Desire of Ages----PG- 102
    John found in the wilderness his school and his sanctuary. Like Moses amid the mountains of Midian, he was shut in by God's presence, and surrounded by the evidences of His power. It was not his lot to dwell, as did Israel's great leader, amid the solemn majesty of the mountain solitudes; but before him were the heights of Moab, beyond
Jordan, speaking of Him who had set fast the mountains, and girded them with strength. The gloomy and terrible aspect of nature in his
wilderness home vividly pictured the condition of Israel. The fruitful vineyard of the Lord had become a desolate waste. But above the desert the heavens bent bright and beautiful. The clouds that gathered, dark with tempest, were arched by the rainbow of promise. So above Israel's degradation shone the promised glory of the Messiah's reign. The clouds of wrath were spanned by the rainbow of His covenant-mercy."

Thank you Jesus,

------------------
charlene

charlene

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Re: Finding God's Rainbow
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2014, 07:23:04 PM »
I thought some might find this picture from last Wednesday appropriate. This rainbow lasted well over 30 minutes before finally breaking up totally and disappearing. I wish I had a lens big enough to take it all in as I could see where it hit the ground at both ends.

By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

colporteur

Re: Finding God's Rainbow
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2014, 08:01:38 PM »

Rainbows are neat. Photos never do them justice. I don't think I have ever seen a full rainbow without seeing a double. We had a full rainbow here 30 minutes ago.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.