Author Topic: Cayenne for Healing  (Read 7912 times)

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
Re: Cayenne for Healing
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2015, 08:35:44 PM »
smartweed = 3 SOP hits

The Lord has given some simple herbs of the field that at times are beneficial; and if every family were educated in how to use these herbs in case of sickness, much suffering might be prevented, and no doctor need be called. These old-fashioned, simple herbs, used intelligently, would have recovered many sick who have died under drug medication.  {2SM 294.1} 
     One of the most beneficial remedies is pulverized charcoal, placed in a bag and used in fomentations. This is a most successful remedy. If wet in smartweed boiled, it is still better. I have ordered this in cases where the sick were suffering great pain, and when it has been confided to me by the physician that he thought it was the last before the close of life. Then I suggested the charcoal, [IT IS OF INTEREST TO OBSERVE IN CONNECTION WITH THE SEVERAL E. G. WHITE STATEMENTS CONCERNING THE VALUE OF CHARCOAL, THAT AS WELL AS BEING A PRODUCT OF FREQUENT MEDICAL PRESCRIPTION, A 1,160-PAGE PROFESSIONAL WORK, CLINICAL TOXICOLOGY OF COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS (WILLIAMS AND WILKINS, 1957, $16.00) ADVISES AS AN ANTIDOTE FOR MANY KNOWN POISONS AND FOR ALL POISONOUS SUBSTANCES OF UNKNOWN INGREDIENTS A "UNIVERSAL ANTIDOTE" OF FOUR PARTS, TWO OF WHICH ARE ACTIVATED CHARCOAL.--COMPILERS.] and the patient slept, the turning point came, and recovery was the result. To students when injured with bruised hands and suffering with inflammation, I have prescribed this simple remedy, with perfect success. The poison of inflammation was overcome, the pain removed, and healing went on rapidly. The most severe inflammation of the eyes will be relieved by a poultice of charcoal, put in a bag, and dipped in hot or cold water, as will best suit the case. This works like a charm.  {2SM 294.2}
     I expect you will laugh at this; but if I could give this remedy some outlandish name that no one knew but myself, it would have greater influence. . . .But the simplest remedies may assist nature, and leave no baleful effects after their use.--Letter 82, 1897 (To Dr. J. H. Kellogg).
 {2SM 294.3}   

smartweed - boil the seeds use the water for charcoal poltices

Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2015, 08:47:06 PM »
Not sure, Jim. I was going to try and grow it, but don't have a wet marsh on my property. I found that it grows wild near by, but never was able to find it. I have purchased it dried. It appeared to be both stem and leaves chopped up. I did a little search and it appears rather safe to use with caution. I read the  stems, leaves, and seed were edible. I would not eat it until verifying it is edible. For medicinal uses I have made a poultice with it and found success in treating an eye inflammation.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

colporteur

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2018, 03:48:34 PM »

Dr. Barbara O'Neil  says that cayenne is a miracle food that cannot be over done. She says that it stimulates the blood but not the nerves. I don't buy that. What is it that gives a burning sensation in the body if not the nerves ? The blood does not feel pain. The body tends to know what is good for it and what irritates it. Cayenne in the nose, eyes, tongue, throat and stomach does not feel good.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2018, 08:07:43 PM »
It is a powerful stimulant. And we have much light on the reasons why we do not eat them. But, it may be used for medicinal purposes. One benefit is when one has a stroke or heart attack. It will open the blood vessels quickly, from what I understand.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.