Author Topic: Missing Link to Alzheimer's?  (Read 36031 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Missing Link to Alzheimer's?
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2008, 04:29:28 PM »
Yes, spongiform disease was found in minks. They had been fed cow meat.  This was found in the mink before the US said they discovered BSE in US cattle.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2010, 09:18:02 AM »
Here's some bad information for Canadians. The number of cases of Alzheimer's is expected to increase dramatically in Canada. source

In case citizens of other countries think they are safe, I don't think so. If you eat animals or animal products, it appears that you may be at risk as the incidence of dementia is increasing world-wide.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2010, 11:58:20 AM »
This morning, I have been doing some research in this area. It is my belief that Alzheimer's is an infectious disease. I believe it to be directly related to spongiform disease in animals and man and have expressed this thought many times in this thread. There is evidence in the literature to suggest this. My understanding is not based just on my study of the light we have been given regarding the connection between the disease in animals and man, but rather on both the inspired counsel we have and the scientific literature published.

Here is an excerpt from an exciting article that may help others to see the truth from my perspective:

Is AA amyloidosis in cheetahs a prion disease? The answer depends on whether AA amyloidosis in captive cheetahs is caused by spontaneous disease or transmission of amyloid between animals. Environmental influences on AA amyloidosis epidemiology could be due to the presence of either “infectious” amyloid, a prion-like etiology, or to factors that enhance the incidence of spontaneous disease, i.e., a non-prion etiology. Even if transfer of AA amyloid between cheetahs enhances AA amyloidosis, the question would remain as to whether the transferred amyloid initiates the disease de novo or merely accelerates ongoing disease. The latter scenario would place AA amyloidosis into a gray area with respect to the basic prion concept. In this instance, prion transmission would affect the kinetics of the disease without actually initiating it.

Regardless of prion semantics, there could be practical consequences of such kinetic phenomena in both animals and humans. For instance, recent studies have shown that injection of β-amyloid can enhance Alzheimer's-like amyloidosis in transgenic mice (14). This raises the possibility that inadvertent transfer of β-amyloid from one person to another could accelerate the neurodegenerative process to the point where it becomes Alzheimer's disease as opposed to normal aging. In this example, as well as in cheetah AA amyloidosis and many other protein misfolding diseases, the basic problem is likely the outpacing of an organism's protein quality control mechanisms. This may sometimes be more a problem of the rate, rather than of the instigation, of protein misfolding.
source

What we see here is that there are some that are beginning to believe that Alzheimer's may be infectious. And....that the infection source can be other "prion" type disease infected animals via feces or by ingestion of the carcass of the dead animal. And, it has been shown that milk is a vector for the transmission of some prion diseases.

When we consider that we have had Scrapie and Mad Cows for some time, it becomes a matter of how great is the risk from eating animal products? Well....if what I believe about the relationship between Alzheimer's and animal products is true, then one need merely count the cases of Alzheimer's. And, if that does not speak to risk, then consider that the numbers are increasing and is projected to continue to increase.

The threat of cancer from eating animals and their milk and eggs does not seem to concern some, but there are worse things to die from. The mind is a precious gift and when it begins to be eaten by CJD or affected by amyloid plaques it is a fearful thing. Better to prevent the disease.

Geodad

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2010, 12:11:46 PM »
Interesting information. I recall another recent news article indicating that having a spouse with Alzheimer's increases one's risk of the disease 600%. If it is infectious, hopefully there is not significant a transmissive risk to other members of the household just from providing care to a elderly parent.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2010, 05:04:30 PM »
I  don't think  it is a great danger from such contact. Like a slow retro virus, it appears to not be contracted through such contacts. It is hard to know because the incubation period is usually so long. The infectious agent is much more prevalent in nerve tissue. The eye and brain are especially loaded with infectious agents. There also appears to be a genetic makeup that makes one more susceptible to contracting the disease.

colporteur

« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2010, 06:24:06 PM »
I have heard that alzheiner's victims have aluminum in the brain. Is this true ?
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Larry Lyons

« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2010, 06:52:57 PM »

Yes, but there are pro and con opinions about it. I heard about the dangers of using aluminum cookware decades ago. If I remember right, Jethro Kloss talks about it in "Back to Eden."

colporteur

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2010, 07:45:44 AM »
My intertest in this has to do with canvassing. Typically with a health interest I will begin with, to peak interest, that everyone that dies of alzheimers has aluminum in the brain. I have heard this. Then I state that there is a place where people get aluminum from that they know nothing about, that being baking powder. Sometimes people will dig out their baking powder to see. An ingredient listed on the label is aluminum sulfate. The solution is to go to Walmart and purchase aluminum free baking powder. While even the aluminum free powder may not be the best solution at least it does not have aluminum. Then I state how and why dairy being high protein tends more to make weak bones than strong bones and you have the person's interest.

I don't think they hardly every autopsy an Alz. corpse but have wondered if the existance of aluminum is sometimes. often, or always in the brain.

Curt

« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2010, 06:25:59 PM »
There are many documented connections to Alzeimer's. More on Alzheimer's

Smoking Raises Alzheimer's Risk
(USA TODAY) -- Heavy smoking in midlife more than doubles your odds of developing Alzheimer's disease, a Kaiser Permanente study said Monday.

Phoenix Arizona, June 8th 2007. Translational Research Institute and Banner's Alzheimers Institute
The gene called GAB2 seems to affect the odds of a person developing the progressive neurological disease.

May 3rd 2006 Washingto (AP) - New study shows a link between Diabetes and Alzheimers. Alzheimers can be easily triggered when brain cells cannot properly use their main food, sugar. "When they are in and insulin resistant state it not only affects the body, it affects the brain as well."

Harvard Medical School - Vitamin B12 may lower risks of Alzheimers
Patients in the study group with high levels of homocyceine (protein building block) developed Alzheimers. the active component of B12 helps to lower homocysteine levels.

Jenny Hope, Daily Mail, UK, June 4th 2009
Cumin prevents the spread of amyloid plaques in the brain of Alzheimers patients. The plaque is thought to play a part in memory loss and mental impairment.

FAITH - As God's blessed sons & daughters we are to attempt the impossible to the extent that we will fail unless God steps in.   Keep the faith

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2012, 11:38:10 PM »
I don't have time to spend doing research on this subject, but I took some time tonight ( it is late) to take a look at what has been happening.  I don't have to express my joy at finding this because those who have been following this thread

Alzheimer's disease: A prion protein connection

Moustapha Cisse1 & Lennart Mucke1

February 26, 2009

More than 20 million people worldwide have Alzheimer's disease, yet its causes remain mostly uncertain. Fresh findings provide molecular clues, linking this disease to another neurodegenerative disorder.

Investigations of the causes of Alzheimer's disease yield one culprit time and time again: abnormal build-up of amyloid-β (Aβ) peptides in the brain. Small, soluble aggregates of Aβ — Aβ oligomers — impair memory by disrupting memory-related functions of synaptic junctions between neurons1, 2, 3.
  source

Geodad

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2012, 07:43:21 AM »
Apparently some new light has been shown on a possible Alzheimer's mechanism. See link below. It appears there were various theories about how the damage to brain tissue took place. One was that the beta-amyloid deposits outside the neurons created a "bad neighborhood" conducive to cell damage and death and that the least resistant cells were the first to die. Another theory was that something was spreading from cell to cell. That something appears to be another protein called tau. Probably the real disease involves some type of synergy between the two processes...

While I would like to think it improves one's chances, I am not sure that an all-plant vegetarian/vegan diet will necessarily prevent Alzheimer's. I've seen Alzheimer's patients who had been vegetarians for many decades...on the other hand the prion incubation period can be decades or more also, so I could be mistaken...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/02/health/research/alzheimers-spreads-like-a-virus-in-the-brain-studies-find.html?_r=1&nl=todaysheadlines&emc=tha2

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2012, 09:24:32 AM »
I too, have considered how it is that a strict vegetarian could become infected with a prion disease.  First, vegetarian is given by many to mean one who eats more than vegetables. Interesting, but it is common usage of those who still eat animal products and even fish.  It seems that if  one  ceases eating the carcasses of mammals they are "vegetarians". 

The transfer of prion disease  can be through more than eating the flesh of an infected animal. Thus, a "vegetarian" places themselves at risk.  My concern was with a strict vegetarian.  Sadly, they often are placed at risk without knowing it.   One who is trying very hard to do right, may take an herb that is in a capsule made of gelatin.  This is a high risk material for prion disease.  Especially when the source was being imported from the UK.  The manufacturers said that it would not transmit prion disease, but they later said they were wrong.   The process of making the gelatin did not render the material safe.

We can go on and list a number of ways that a strict vegetarian can be infected, but we have done this in the various topics on CJD, Mad Cow Disease and People, etc.  Dental treatment, blood transfusions. surgical instruments,  medicines derived from blood and urine, etc.  Because a strict vegetarian is infected is not evidence that Alzheimers is not related to prion disease.  The evidence suggests that there may be a direct link to prion disease.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2012, 08:39:33 PM »
"Furthermore, we provide evidence that PrPc is expressed in endothelial cells and, that monomeric Aβ1−40 binds to PrPc. These observations provide new mechanistic insights into the role of PrPc (prion protein) in AD (Alzheimer's disease)."  This is up to date research on the subject. An Abstract of article published in  Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism , (1 February 2012) | doi:10.1038/jcbfm.2012.7

PrPc, prions, are associated with Mad Cow Disease (BSE), Mad Deer and Elk Disease (CWD), Mad Sheep and Goat Disease (Scrapie), and others.  Now the evidence increases that there is an association with Alzheimer's Disease. Warnings have been given and ignored. Many do not wish to know that what they are eating and feeding their families is putting them at risk for fatal diseases such as CJD, Cancer, and Alzheimer's.  Alzheimer's is on the increase and is an epidemic in the world as is cancer.  When diagnosis is made, then a cure is hoped for.  There is none. But, prevention is possible. The eating of animal products is the cause of many infectious diseases. The healthiest people are third generation strict vegetarians.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2012, 03:08:55 PM »
Sooner or later science discovers uncovered truth.  The warning we have been giving regarding eating animal products will soon be seen to be real.  Today I found encouraging news that others are beginning to suspect that Alzheimer's may be an infectious disease.  The Scottish TSE Network is advertising a seminar to be held the 12th of November at The Roslin Institute. Title of the seminar "Is Alzheimer's Disease a transmissible disease?"   source

God loves us and has not kept us ignorant of such dangers. Science is discovering more and more, yet the eating of animal products continues, even by those who ought to know better.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2013, 10:05:28 AM »
New research is shedding light on the spread of Mad Cow type diseases. It seems that the different varieties of spongiform diseases may come about as they pass through different species of animals and humans. They appear to "adapt" and are able to cross specie boundaries as they adapt. abibleanswer.org

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2013, 06:48:54 AM »
There are others who are beginning to be concerned about meat and dairy and a possible relationship to Alzheimer's.

"All of this brings up the unthinkable: that Alzheimer's, Cruetzfeldt-Jackob, and Mad Cow Disease might just be caused by eating the meat or dairy in consumer products or feed. It is only appropriate therefore to explore the role of bovine TB and the atypical mycobacteria in Alzheimer's, JCD and Mad Cow disease and develop better serological surveillance for these pathogens."
  National Institute of Health

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2013, 01:13:28 PM »
And that was a 2005 statement.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2013, 01:26:22 PM »
Yes, the world is slow to respond. Still most see no relationship between Alzheimer's and what they eat...unless it has aluminum in it. :(

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2014, 07:44:26 AM »
For Seventh-day Adventists who have had great light and not walked in it, they have put themselves in a high risk position. While the Alzheimer's epidemic continues to grow, the evidence mounts suggesting it is infectious and associated with prion disease. If true, this puts all who consume animal products at risk.

In May of this year we find published this interesting statement about the connection between prion disease and Alzheimer's:
"Mounting evidence argues that prions feature in the pathogenesis of many, if not all, neurodegenerative diseases. Such disorders include Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Lou Gehrig’s and Creutzfeldt-Jakob diseases as well as the frontotemporal dementias. In each of these illnesses, aberrant forms of a particular protein accumulate as pathological deposits referred to as amyloid plaques, neurofibrillary tangles, Lewy bodies, as well as glial cytoplasmic and/or nuclear inclusions."
University of California, institute for neurodegenerative Diseases

colporteur

« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2014, 08:39:05 AM »
 Alzheimer's is just a label that really does not in itself mean anything. Just like cancer there may be more than one brain ailment tagged Alzheimer's. Brains that have been labeled such are often found to contain a considerable amount of mercury, aluminum and other metals. Cheese has been found to be the #1 source  of aluminum in the body. Either way, Alzheimer's is directly linked to animal products of one kind or another.

When God said move  away from animal products especially meat and cheese He meant it. While the world may have a little less light on this particularly since animal product industries are trying to peddle their product  and therefore speak false information, SDAs are without excuse particularly in developed countries where there is never a reason to eat animal products.