Author Topic: Is Our Food Safe?  (Read 75143 times)

Won Bae

Re: Is Our Food Safe?
« Reply #120 on: December 26, 2010, 01:53:41 PM »
Good for you.  Unfortunately, I don't like to cook.

Won

colporteur

« Reply #121 on: December 26, 2010, 01:58:28 PM »
Good for you.  Unfortunately, I don't like to cook.

Won

Some things we just have to learn and do like it or not. It will pay you back immeasureably and when lunch time comes you will have a healthier body and peace of mind. Any thing worth while takes effort.  Many things are easy to cook and take little time. Part of the salvation process is surrendering our will and doing things that may not be our favorite thing to do. Learning new things is part of our growth while here. Like many projects, learning to cook will become more interesting as you apply yourself.

Making a nice big salad only takes minutes with nimble fingers and a sharp knife. The time it takes to make a meal at home the night before will be returned by not having to walk or drive to a resturant and wait to be served and checked out. Neither will you have to wrestle with the cook or go through the menu ten times looking in vain for something that is fit to eat.

Incidently, Mrs. Whire does more than recommend removing some of those things from the diet and unbias health experts not of our faith confirm what God has shown us.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Vicki

« Reply #122 on: December 26, 2010, 02:45:36 PM »
Sandwiches are always a good alternative, too. You can make a vegan spread or buy hummus. Add a variety of: lettuce, sprouts, tomatoes, onion, beet slices, homemade non-vinegar pickles, etc. You can also mash beans with the vegan spread for sandwich fillers.

Last potluck had a delicious vegan spread: rice & nut dish, mashed potatoes, crocks of soups or beans, bread stuffing, burritos, chips & cheese sauce, salad, homemade bread & vegan butter and vegan desserts: gingerbread cookies, pumpkin pie & honey buns. Sometimes the problem isn't what is there to eat, but to remember to control yourself when it is all healthy. One member also makes an effort to bring something soy-free for me - imagine, vegan & soy free! that's not easy to find. He made the most delicious vegan mexican dish for yesterday.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #123 on: December 26, 2010, 05:18:02 PM »
Often for lunch we have a chef salad with an array of lettuces, red cabbage, tomatoes, avocado, sweet peppers, carrot, cilantro, curly or italian parsley and a delicious home made salad dressing. Rarely do we eat a meal without something raw and often 50% raw. If it isn't a sald it is carrot and celery sticks, avocado, and or nuts.

I'm getting hungry and am about to partake of Italian spaghetti with home made dairy free parmesan and a tomato sauce with bulger burger and sauteed onion and garlic. Also a good salad and garlic bread made with flaxseed oil and garlic salt spinkled on toast. Canned garden green beans tops it off.  Bye bye !

I'm on my way over. Set me a plate, please.  ;)
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #124 on: December 26, 2010, 05:20:23 PM »
He made the most delicious vegan mexican dish for yesterday.

I hope you had some left over. If so, please freeze it and save it for me. Will be over Tuesday. Set me a plate, please.  ;) ;)

Vicki

« Reply #125 on: December 27, 2010, 06:06:44 AM »
It was so good there were no leftovers, and he was going to give them to me! How sad! I put in a request for next potluck, though. Come on up!

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #126 on: December 27, 2010, 10:49:15 AM »
Good for you.  Unfortunately, I don't like to cook.

Won

Some things we just have to learn and do like it or not.

Amen!! This morning I peeled bananas, oranges, and cut apples, and pineapple, added some raspberry sauce I had canned.  It is true that I did cook the raspberries, but anyone can do that, Won.  The more we eat the fruit as it comes off the tree, the healthier and happy we shall be. :)

And, when we eat fresh food not processed by the food industry we have a much better chance of our food being safe.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

colporteur

« Reply #127 on: December 27, 2010, 02:59:30 PM »
Often for lunch we have a chef salad with an array of lettuces, red cabbage, tomatoes, avocado, sweet peppers, carrot, cilantro, curly or italian parsley and a delicious home made salad dressing. Rarely do we eat a meal without something raw and often 50% raw. If it isn't a sald it is carrot and celery sticks, avocado, and or nuts.

I'm getting hungry and am about to partake of Italian spaghetti with home made dairy free parmesan and a tomato sauce with bulger burger and sauteed onion and garlic. Also a good salad and garlic bread made with flaxseed oil and garlic salt spinkled on toast. Canned garden green beans tops it off.  Bye bye !

I'm on my way over. Set me a plate, please.  ;)

Sorry, there was not much left but for you we would make a fresh array.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #128 on: December 27, 2010, 05:37:36 PM »
Oh wow! What a friend!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2012, 10:50:26 PM »
Is our food safe to eat?  If we depend upon the government and its politicians, we may be greatly disappointed. It would not be good to place your children's health in the hands of a government or its politicians. An example?   Sacrificing One's Own Child

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2012, 11:01:49 PM »
"EU farm ministers are almost certain to vote to lift the ban on British beef next week. Myles Neligan looks back on a dark chapter in the UK's relations with its European partnersON 26 March 1996, Farm Commissioner Franz Fischler rose early, ate a hearty breakfast and single-handedly destroyed much of the UK beef industry."   source

They seem to think that it is not safe to eat meat. Cancer and Alzheimer's are at all time highs. Most of these leaders must believe that they "just happen" all by themselves.  But, we know better.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2012, 11:12:51 PM »
One may purchase a video of the esteemed politician, John Selwyn Gummer, who wanted his daughter to eat the UK beef. source

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2012, 12:18:00 PM »
Jesus said that just before His return, the world would be as it was at the time of Noah. We are there.

Do you trust in the government to protect your home, your job, your education, the economy?  We have learned that the government is not God. Trouble is coming, it is already here. Jesus is coming soon! But, do we think that the government is protecting our health when it comes to the safety of our food? Some continue to rely upon the growers, the food industry, and the government to keep our food safe. But, it is not a good idea to leave the safety of our food up to these institutions. Corruption abounds and many will pay the price with their health and their lives.

This will come as a surprise to many. What if I told you that dung was being fed to livestock? How about blood and fat being fed back to cattle, sheep, and pigs? Would you believe that most calves do not get to nurse on their mothers? Or even get to drink milk? They do not. They are fed a milk replacer so that humans can drink their mother's milk. Dried blood is used as a protein in many milk replacer products.

Dung, blood, and fat from the farm animals is used to create a high protein feed that is then fed back to livestock. It would appear that it is not safe to continue eating animals and their products. A Bible Answer

carls365

« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2012, 01:36:08 PM »
Jesus said that just before His return, the world would be as it was at the time of Noah. We are there.

This will come as a surprise to many. What if I told you that dung was being fed to livestock? How about blood and fat being fed back to cattle, sheep, and pigs? Would you believe that most calves do not get to nurse on their mothers? Or even get to drink milk? They do not. They are fed a milk replacer so that humans can drink their mother's milk. Dried blood is used as a protein in many milk replacer products.

Dung, blood, and fat from the farm animals is used to create a high protein feed that is then fed back to livestock. It would appear that it is not safe to continue eating animals and their products. A Bible Answer

No! I don't trust the gov whatsoever in anything. Perhaps at one time you could but today, they hire incompetence and immorality, corruption, and thievery is epidemic.

Yes, I've known for a number of years the abominable feeding practice of the meat industry, that's why I condemn them so. I first heard about it when I learned fish are fed by offal from poultry situated above the fish ponds and the feeding of livestock with parts of other livestock. Also a while back the gov gave permission for cancers  to be just cut out and the rest of the meat proceed for packaging and human consumption.

Money talks, your health walks. (to put it politely)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #134 on: April 26, 2012, 10:18:52 PM »
The State of Iowa has criminalized the undercover video and photographs of factory farms without permission.  A Bible Answer

colporteur

« Reply #135 on: June 19, 2012, 02:46:22 PM »
The State of Iowa has criminalized the undercover video and photographs of factory farms without permission.  A Bible Answer

So, one cannot take photos of abuses without permission yet the gov't can tap your phone, search your house, and arrest, torture, and kill you without permission. And we call Hitler evil ?

carls365

« Reply #136 on: June 19, 2012, 02:49:53 PM »

So, one cannot take photos of abuses without permission yet the gov't can tap your phone, search your house, and arrest, torture, and kill you without permission. And we call Hitler evil ?

And it'll only get worse.

colporteur

« Reply #137 on: June 19, 2012, 03:00:40 PM »
I read on the net this morning the "Dirty Dozen" This is a list of the 12 most contaminated fruits and vegetable by chemicals. The determination was made after the product was washed and peeled where it applies.

The Dirty Dozen

1.  apples
2.  celery
3.  sweet bell peppers
4.  peaches
5.  strawberries
6.  imported nectarines
7.  grapes
8.  spinach
9.  lettuce
10. cucumbers
11. domestic blueberries
12. potatoes

The following were found to be the cleanest.

1.   onions
2.   sweet corn
3.   pineapple
4.   avocado
5.   cabbage
6.   sweet peas
7.   asparagus
8.   mangoes
9.   eggplant
10. kiwi
11. domestic cantelope
12. sweet potatoes
13. grapefruit
14. watermelon

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #138 on: June 19, 2012, 03:08:58 PM »
CNN had a feature on that. Even washed, the apples were still covered with pesticides.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #139 on: September 05, 2012, 06:04:51 PM »
The number of people getting sick and dying from food poisoning is on the increase. The negligence of workers handling food has always been a problem, but today it appears to be getting worse. As food comes from many different countries and many different cultures, we need to be concerned. We have addressed the need to be concerned about products that come from China, as an example.

In noticing the high number of recalls of food infected with listeria and salmonella, I did a little research. Here is an example of what is going on in some food manufacturing facilities.

Your employees must wash their hands thoroughly (and sanitize if necessary to protect against contamination with undesirable microorganisms) in an adequate hand-washing facility before starting work, after each absence from the work station, and at any other time when the hands may have become soiled or contaminated, to comply with 21 CFR 110.10(b)(3). However, on 2/1/2011 an employee touched the production room floor while cleaning up organic matter from under the grinding machine. The same employee then dipped his hand in the cooling sink water that was holding tofu for cooling without washing and sanitizing his hands between tasks.

You must maintain gloves, if they are used in food handling, in an intact, clean, and sanitary condition, to comply with 21 CFR 110.10(b)(5). However, an employee opened the walk-in cooler, moved a wooden pallet, and opened a box of spice mix while wearing green rubber gloves. The same employee then dumped the spice mix into a mixing bowl, added water and immersed his gloved hand into the bowl to mix spices into the water without cleansing and sanitizing the gloves between tasks. The mixture was then poured directly into a batch of ready to eat tofu mix. In addition, another employee picked up a block of tofu with his gloves after rinsing them  with water from the nozzle of a hose that had been on the production room floor.

"Read to eat tofu"?  Then the tofu is packaged and the bacteria or virus grow. It is no wonder that there is so much disease being spread through the food chain. This is not an infrequent event that we read of.  I see the same thing in hospitals where nurses and doctors glove up, then touch their cell phones while treating patients.  They go from one patient to another transferring germs from one patient to another via their cell phones. 

I think that fear is not what we want, but it appears that some common sense is needed to limit one's exposure to the dangerous infections that are in the increase. Eating processed foods without cooking them seems to putting one more and more at risk. 

For many years, I have considered the source of water being used to process food or used as an ingredient.  Orange juice from concentrate requires water if sold reconstituted as much is sold. Or you can buy it "not from concentrate".  Which is safer?  Unless of course one has picked up an orange off the workroom floor with his gloved hand and then puts his hand into the orange juice.  :(

As the world becomes more corrupt, if that is possible, these concerns become more of an issue. How is your garden growing?