Author Topic: Garlic Better Than Drugs?  (Read 3572 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Garlic Better Than Drugs?
« on: December 29, 2003, 02:16:00 PM »
The ingredient which gives garlic its distinctive smell is the latest weapon in the battle to beat the hospital "superbug"  MRSA.
University of East London researchers found allicin treated even the most anti-biotic-resistant strains of the infection.  BBC News
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2003, 02:19:00 PM »
Garlic helps prevent the common cold. BBC News
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 02:22:00 PM »
Selected Messages Book 2 page 294.  "The Lord has given some simple herbs of the field that at times are beneficial; and if every family were educated in how to use these herbs in case of sickness, much suffering might be prevented, and no doctor need be called. These old-fashioned, simple herbs, used intelligently, would have recovered many sick who have died under drug medication."

This will seem rather amazing to those who are not familiar with the light entrusted to the church.

Deb

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2003, 03:26:00 PM »
I hardly ever use medicine and neither does my family. We have used lots of hydrotherapy, charcoal and other natural remedies in the past 20 years and avoided having to go to doctors, as well as herbs.

Praise the Lord for what He has given us!!

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2003, 04:08:00 PM »
Richard and Deb, Doctors are not needed if we follow the Lord's health laws.  He even tells us in Exodus that He will put none of these diseases upon us if we obey His commandments, His statutes....What a God!  I have not been to a doctor except for Weimar and Conoa Health Centers.  Although they do take your blood and urine samples.  I had a cold last year that lasted two days.  When you have a cold coming on Agatha Thrash says, immediately work on it....not much food taken in, drink lots of water, hot and cold showers, much Vitamin C, charcoal and yes, GARLIC.  I use to eat raw garlic almost every day but ugh, it is quite hot and now I blend it in my carrot juice which I take only about once a week.
  I wish there was an herb that made you lose your appetite....That is my weakness.  I am into too much cooking.   Amen.

I do not understand ICQ, cookies, UBB, HTML, homepage???

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Re: Garlic Better Than Drugs?
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 07:47:51 AM »
A 1,000-year-old treatment for eye infections could hold the key to killing antibiotic-resistant superbugs, experts have said.

Scientists recreated a 9th Century Anglo-Saxon remedy using onion, garlic and part of a cow's stomach.

They were "astonished" to find it almost completely wiped out methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus, otherwise known as MRSA.
Source

I wouldn't condone the use of cow products but I thought most here would appreciate this.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Re: Garlic Better Than Drugs?
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 09:25:35 AM »
The oils from garlic and other herbs may prove better than antibiotics at tackling those cells, according to the Hopkins study, published Oct. 16 in the journal Antibiotics.

The research included lab-dish tests of 35 essential oils, pressed from plants or their fruits. Ten of these, including oils from garlic cloves, myrrh trees, thyme leaves, cinnamon bark, allspice berries and cumin seeds, showed the strongest killing activity against the Lyme persister cells.

“We found that these essential oils were even better at killing the persister forms of Lyme bacteria than standard Lyme antibiotics,” said study senior author Dr. Ying Zhang, professor in the department of molecular microbiology and immunology in the Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
Source
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}