Author Topic: Why Become a Strict Vegetarian?  (Read 41833 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Why Become a Strict Vegetarian?
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2014, 08:26:15 PM »
Many doctors outside of our faith are in better shape than many of our doctors.  :(
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

colporteur

« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2014, 07:32:56 AM »
I have been dialoging with a doctor who is either a former SDA or knows as much about our message as most SDAs and probably more than many. He publically in  SDA settings  advocates the eating of flesh, eggs, and alcohol in moderation.

His premise is that diet has little if anything to do with representing Christ even when a person knowingly continues along a wrong course. He says but rather it is love for others that reveals that we represent Christ. Do we truly represent Christ and show a love for others when because of poor lifestyle choices we become a burden to them physically and financially and cut our lives short unnecessarily because of appetite ?
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2014, 01:16:39 PM »
Is it love for others to set food in front of their children that will infect them with a cancer virus? Is it love for others to set an example of drinking alcohol? Is it love for others to misrepresent Bible truth? When the Bible says to not eat unclean meat, there is a reason why. Do go contrary to the Bible command is sin. But, in what you are describing, cp, it appears that the teaching is contrary to this. It is  not uncommon to hear such things.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

ejclark

« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2014, 07:01:13 PM »
Colporteur, what does this person do with the verse that says "Whatsoever you eat, whatsoever you drink, whatsoever you do, do all to the glory of God"? It's such a well known verse, yet so many explain it away with excuses.

There is also 1 Cor. 10 in which one of the examples we are to heed the warning of is the lust of flesh meat.

colporteur

« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2014, 08:49:21 AM »

Vicki

« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2014, 06:18:50 PM »
Unbelievable. Things just keep getting worse and worse.

Kaniela

« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2015, 01:56:40 AM »
I have been enjoying the comments in this discussion. Especially the EGW quotes. I would just want to warn in this discussion about Satan's deceptions on diet for "the very elect if it was possible". If I am eating in my diet, McDonalds French fries, onion rings with a diet sprite, this would be considered a vegetarian diet. Also included could be veggie dogs and burgers with sugar products incorporated with these excitotoxins. All meatless but just as bad if not worse in the diet. It's not just staying away from flesh foods anymore. I wish it was that simple. Satan is a crafty deceiver.  The optimal diet would be eating your foods as grown (organic) straight from the garden if possible. The less processed the better.  MARANATHA

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2015, 06:38:24 AM »
Hi Kaniela, I doubt you will find many disagreeing with you too much on what you've said and since you like gardening we'd love to hear your input on our gardening discussions as we learn a lot from each other.

http://remnant-online.com/smf/index.php/board,63.0.html
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

colporteur

« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2015, 09:15:40 AM »
I have been enjoying the comments in this discussion. Especially the EGW quotes. I would just want to warn in this discussion about Satan's deceptions on diet for "the very elect if it was possible". If I am eating in my diet, McDonalds French fries, onion rings with a diet sprite, this would be considered a vegetarian diet. Also included could be veggie dogs and burgers with sugar products incorporated with these excitotoxins. All meatless but just as bad if not worse in the diet. It's not just staying away from flesh foods anymore. I wish it was that simple. Satan is a crafty deceiver.  The optimal diet would be eating your foods as grown (organic) straight from the garden if possible. The less processed the better.  MARANATHA

I agree. Many even in leadership are in the infancy regarding the health message when the Lord is soon coming. Instead of debating about meat and cheese, or colas, alcohol , coffee and chocolate, the topic ought to be focused  on emphasizing more of a  raw, organic, and non GMO alkaline food particularly especially  in our developed countries. Compared to a truly healthy diet that God gave us pretty much all processed meat analogs are junk food. I'm not saying that it is wrong to ease away from hot dogs with Veggie Links for a time if you are a new SDA but many either keep on with meat hot dogs or load up the 4x4 at the ABC with case after case of Big Franks and Fried Chik. Those processed analogs were simply to help in transition.   Many are living on the patch. We used analogs for a time but became convicted that to stay on them was not practicing the health message. It  is a bit of a transition to go vegetarian and then vegan when you grow up with barbecued pork chops, hamburgers, steaks, friend chicken or bacon as a daily staple. Some of those analogs taste like cat food smells. ( that last sentence was just a personal opinion)  ;D

Kaniela

« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2015, 09:31:54 AM »
Hi Jim, I haven't done much gardening yet, but am preparing to do so. Only done some fruit trees. Consider me as a saint that has just woken up a few years ago to these things. My wife has been getting involved in a health program that God has used to open our eyes when it comes to diet. But I've been searching the www network to learn about organic gardening. The best one I've come across thus far you can watch on youtube. If you haven't seen it yet, you can search it out on youtube under "Back to Eden Gardening ". It's revolutionary. Take care.  :)

Kaniela

« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2015, 10:04:00 AM »
Well put Colporteur, I soooo agree with your statements on the analog foods. We were once deceived that these were the foods that Adventist were to eat. Thanks  :)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2015, 08:52:20 AM »
What does this Seventh-day Adventist retired heart surgeon have to say about a strict vegetarian diet? It must be fairly good advice since he retired at age 95.

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2015, 09:06:41 PM »
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2015, 08:28:01 AM »
:)

colporteur

« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2015, 10:58:29 AM »
absolutely  ;D !

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2015, 02:14:44 PM »

That's going to be displayed somewhere on a wall at our store.  ;D
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

colporteur

« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2015, 06:53:30 PM »
We could put many captions to that picture.   

" You ignore the Seventh day Sabbath and are concerned about the 10 Commandments being taken down from public places?"

"You eat dead carcasses and are worried about soymilk ?

" Do you know that the flu shot only works for the pharmaceutical companies ?" $$$

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2015, 03:49:41 AM »
I need some computer savvy person to tweak it so those captions could appear with it.  I like the idea.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

colporteur

« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2015, 12:10:22 PM »
I need some computer savvy person to tweak it so those captions could appear with it.  I like the idea.

Ahhh....... talk to Ed or Mimi.  I know my limitations.  ;D

How about making little cards like that the size of a Glow Tract ?

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2015, 02:58:52 PM »
Is this picture copywritten ? If so, fair use allows limited use as is, but altering it and using it commercially requires written permission from the owner .   I have no idea who the owner is, it was posted on my time line in facebook .

If you have lots of baby pictures or small grandkids pose them & take pictures & retain rights, but if using this one, hunt up who owns it or if it is royalty free public domain - just to stay safe.

That could make powerful evocative tracts with captions or links to sermons, blogs, bible study sites, for sharing. 
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}