Author Topic: Charcoal  (Read 51197 times)

stephen

Re: Charcoal
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2009, 11:34:50 AM »
In Ethiopia, Paul Howe, CEO Gimbie Adventist Hospital, knows the uses of charcoal.  In fact, he uses it himself.  He said he would love to have enough to use on patients.

ADRA has turned down transporting charcoal, not only to Ethiopia but to other locations as well.

I have not been successful in finding any missions that would be willing to add charcoal to their lading either.

There are so many uses for this wonderful substance.  I and my family use it.  The one thing I keep stocked in my medicine cabinet is charcoal.

The other medicinal substance that is essential is fresh garlic.  The only substance known to kill antibiotic resistant staph is allicin.  Allicin comes from garlic.  But it must be bruised to make the allicin!  Press it with the flat edge of a knife or something, then let it sit for a couple of minutes.  Garlic produces allicin to protect itself.  The allicin only lasts for a short time, that is why canned or powdered garlic will not contain allicin.  Keep some fresh cloves on hand.  It makes sense that allicin also would kill flu and other viral germs.
Zep 1:11 Howl, ye inhabitants of Maktesh, for all the merchant people are cut down; all they that bear silver are cut off.

Zep 1:12 And it shall come to pass at that time, [that] I will search Jerusalem with candles, and punish the men that are settled on their lees: that say in

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2009, 11:53:46 AM »
Speaking of John Dinsley I just got done attending 2 seminars put on by him and his wife the last two evenings. It was extremely informative. Charcoal is indeed a wonderful substance and a great blessing to know how to use it. Until last night I was always a little hesitant to do a poultice since all I could do was read about it rather than see how it's done. I was afraid of not doing something right. Now that I've seen it I'm sure I'll be using it. I think brother Stephen has already linked to his website but here they are again.

http://www.charcoalremedies.com/

http://www.buyactivatedcharcoal.com/
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2010, 11:23:39 AM »
From that site:

http://www.buyactivatedcharcoal.com/making_charcoal

Making charcoal is not that hard to do. It is not activated, but it still works very well. If you have need of large quantities for poultices, then consider making your own from wood.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2011, 03:58:37 PM »
Charcoal is a miracle substance. There is a concern that must be repeated. CAUTION Charcoal is quite effective in many situations, but it can cause death. When on medication, charcoal applied externally as well as taken internally can remove the medicine from the system. And, it can cause constipation and there is a possibility of tattooing on the skin when applied as an external poultice.

Warning:  Do not use any charcoal except activated charcoal which is used in the hospital emergency room for poisoning. Do not use charcoals that are used for BBQs.   They have chemicals in them.

Here are some pictures as to how to make a charcoal poultice to treat a toothache. It does not take the place of proper dental treatment. It can remove the pain from infection until treatment can be received.

Finished poultice is approximately 3/4 inch by 1 1/2 inch
I am using a piece of a napkin. It is torn so that I have a double thickness.
Mix a heaping tablespoon of powder charcoal and water till mixture is wet, but not runny.

One or two plies of napkin                                        Spoon a lump onto napkin

Fold bottom up and top down                                        Fold ends in

Turn poultice over

The side facing up is the side that goes against the gum where the infection is. Pull lip out to place the poultice between the lip and the gum. It helps to have the gum area wet so the poultice will slide into place without tearing. Work the poultice so that the poultice is against the sore tooth and gum. Leave it there for 8 hours and then change to a new poultice.

I would suggest that before making the poultice that charcoal water be swished in the mouth for ten or so minutes. Do not get on floor or clothes. Good to do outdoors if a child. Do not try and eat with the poultice in the mouth.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2011, 06:24:59 PM »
Does the charcoal turn into a paste without using ground flax seed?
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Vicki

« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2011, 06:34:58 PM »
Yes. Flax is also a drawing agent which is why it is sometimes added to charcoal poultices. Charcoal and water alone makes a paste, but if it is to be applied on the skin it is better to use olive oil to keep it from crumbling apart so easily. For a tooth & gum poultice mixing it with water is preferable.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2011, 07:16:38 PM »
... which reminds me: I need to get a new gallon of it.

"Hello, Brian?"  ;D

How is Brian? I miss him!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Vicki

« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2011, 07:22:59 PM »
I've been wondering where he's at, too.

A gallon?? Of charcoal?? We have about a quart size that has lasted for nearly a decade and is no where near the bottom.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2011, 06:55:04 AM »
Here is an interesting article on radiation and charcoal. It's rather long and a bit scientific in places but interesting none the less.

http://www.charcoalremedies.com/radiation_poisoning

Marelis

« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2011, 11:49:48 AM »
Recently I had a child who was beginning to come down with gastroenteritis, discovered we had no charcoal at home, made a dash to the pharmacy and asked the young saleslady for charcoal.  She ummed and ahhed and said in a loud voice in front of all the other customers,  "Oh that's for flatulence isn't it!"  Well, I went beetroot red and replied, "I'm sure it's good for that but I'm buying it for something else."  :D
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

Sister Dee

« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2011, 02:49:52 PM »
 :D :D :D

Actually, I thought they were going to direct you to the aisle with the cookout supplies.  I figure that's what might happen around here!   

colporteur

« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2011, 06:59:41 PM »

Yes, the Kingsford is down isle 7.  ;D

It takes patience with people's ignorance. It reminds me of how many times I have to identify fruit at the check out. "What's this ?" "That's an avocado."" Oh."

"What is this ?" " That's a papaya ?"  Perhaps checkers ought to have to take a short course for identifying fruit.

When I am selling health books I almost always give a brief talk on charcoal. It's so important and few know anything about it.  Add to this discussion on animal products and toxic metals and where they are found, and one can shed alot of light in a short time to receptive want to be health reformers.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Curt

« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2011, 06:42:02 AM »
In Trinidad, when family and friends remember my wife they always say. If it was not for Beverley they would not know about Charcoal. It became the everything at home and for everything and Bev sold charcoal by the large bottles. I myself have used it for tooth aches and never had to go to a dentist afterward, charcoal poultice with a couple drops of peppermint oil. I can tell you many stories of external and internal use of charcoal and the benefits experienced from food poisoning to Dengue Fever

However, I do have my personal concerns about it when used internally especially when used on a regular basis. Just as we would not put charcoal on an open wound as it will stay in the flesh tissue so we should be carefull when taking it for internal issues.

It is a burnt substance and a carbon and is great externally. When used internally it should not be used casually and on a regular basis. Temperance is to be applied, use only when necessary
As a dust it will line the internal mucus lining and intestinal walls and cannot be removed. As a fine powder and dust can it get filtered through the micropores to our blood? I do not know and have not heard of such but I often wonder.

Since I cannot answer the above I use it freely externally and I use it internally only for definite illness or crisis and not for prevention.

FAITH - As God's blessed sons & daughters we are to attempt the impossible to the extent that we will fail unless God steps in.   Keep the faith

Marelis

« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2011, 11:05:54 AM »
I've seen someone use it internally regularly and remove an important medication from their system.  Yes, only for occasional use when really needed.
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

colporteur

« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2011, 03:20:59 PM »
Since charcoal removes all toxic substances maybe there is a hint there when it removes medications.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2011, 07:15:23 PM »
I think you have a point there Richard. However, for those of us who must take a medication (not a problem eating better can help) it is good to know that we must not ever take charcoal internally. I regrete that, but I am grateful to know it. :)
With Christian Love,
Marie

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2011, 08:19:11 PM »
For those of us who use no medications on a regular basis, charcoal taken internally can help with those toxins we ingest not only through tainted foods but through toxins we absorb through the skin.

BrianM told us he takes it regularly, as in, every morning diluted in water. Our personal situations vary.   
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2011, 09:21:39 PM »
Thanks, Curt.  I had not heard that.  There is no counsel regarding taking it internally as I remember. My experience and understanding has come from Dr. Thrash. It would be good to follow up with her on this.

Vicki

« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2011, 06:53:26 AM »
As a dust it will line the internal mucus lining and intestinal walls and cannot be removed. As a fine powder and dust can it get filtered through the micropores to our blood? I do not know and have not heard of such but I often wonder.

That doesn't sound right.

I cook with onion powder. As a dust will it line the internal mucous walls and not be able to be removed? No. Why would charcoal be any different? Even if charcoal is not mixed with water before swallowing, stomach acids will mix with it and it will no longer remain "dust." I am not familiar with colon cleanses, but as I recall reading, don't they use charcoal to pull gunk off the intestinal wall? I can't see how it could do that and remain stuck to the wall itself.

Nevertheless, it will be interesting to see what Dr. Thrash has to say about it.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2011, 08:54:00 PM »
I think that some caution is warranted.  In my own experience I was caused to consider if washing my mouth on a regular basis could inhibit the absorption of vitamin b-12 in the mouth. I now use charcoal in that manner only when necessary.  There can be long term effects that we do not know of. Lowering of b-12 may be one such effect. I have never considered charcoal in a preventive manner. We use it to purify water and air, and that is good. But, some I have heard will take charcoal when they indulge their appetite and eat something they knew was unhealthy.

Another thought is nature.  We often see animals when sick searching out charcoal to eat. They do not eat it when well. I have always appreciated seeing such things revealed in nature that we might benefit.  I suppose that is how we came to understand that charcoal was beneficial. On the other hand, God works in many ways to open such truths to us.