Author Topic: Charcoal  (Read 51190 times)

Curt

Re: Charcoal
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2011, 07:48:49 AM »
Jim B:

Steps in Preparation - You just have to try it. Really.  TO drink it, put the charcoal into water and stir slowly not to raise the dust before it gets wet as charcoal stains. For a paste put drops of water in and mix/test consistency before adding more. Try drinking a tea spoon of charcoal to water, any amount from 1/4 to a full glass.

How Much Is Too Much - I don't know :(. Like any fibrous product use water with it. the more you use the more water to take. For up to a tablespoon use a glass of water. That amount would be good for serious situations like food poisoning other than that you would be using much less like a level or a heaping teaspoon to a glass of water.

What Type of Wood - Coconut shell is the best charcoal and I believe Eucalyptus is more popular.Activated Charcoal has been processed to make it more absorbent. In case of an emergency use whatever is available.
FAITH - As God's blessed sons & daughters we are to attempt the impossible to the extent that we will fail unless God steps in.   Keep the faith

colporteur

« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2011, 11:53:54 AM »
The reason I typically avoid using jell capsules of charcoal is that often the capsules are animal. The other reason is that like anything in a pill form they are alot more expensive than bulk. However, you can buy empty jell capsules that are vegan and then fill them yourself. It is not as difficult as it sounds once you get the hang of it but it is a little messy. We purchased a few hundred empty capsules for 1.5 cents each and filled them with charcoal. They are convenient to take when away from home and nice and clean. Pop a few down with some water and go on about your business.

The only time I take charcoal as a preventitive is on the rare occasion where my children talk me into going into a swimming pool. I hope it absorbs Chlorine.

The other day my wife bought some spaghetti sauce. She inadvertantly pulled some jars off the shelf in the store that were not roasted garlic and they contained pork. We did not reealize it until after we had eaten as we mixed two jars together and added cooked onions and sweet peppers. I was sick to find out what we had eaten.  Gag ! I don't know if charocal would be helpful after that. No matter how hard you try once in a while the devil pulls one over on you.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Marelis

« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2011, 12:14:39 PM »
We did not reealize it until after we had eaten as we mixed two jars together and added cooked onions and sweet peppers. I was sick to find out what we had eaten.  Gag !
Oh dear, it wouldn't have been a good feeling.
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2011, 03:27:58 PM »
We have a topic on gelatin. Never take a jell cap made out of gelatine. It is a most dangerous material.  It was allowed to be imported from England as an exception because the government was told it could not transmit Mad Cow Disease. They were wrong.  It was being made out of English cows.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Vicki

« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2012, 05:45:15 AM »
I suppose it wouldn't be advisable to take the product out of the capsule and consume it anyway? Since it was in contact with the capsule?

colporteur

« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2012, 06:49:32 AM »
No question, the capsule must be vegan/animal free.

Marelis

« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2012, 10:26:29 AM »
I remember years ago being invited to the home of a non-SDA veterinarian who had been involved in research on gelatin and told me to never touch gelatin, that it is potentially very dangerous for disease.
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2012, 02:57:45 PM »
Here is more information that all need to see. Gelatin is Dangerous. There is something worse than leprosy.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

colporteur

« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2012, 05:52:51 PM »
Here is more information that all need to see. Gelatin is Dangerous. There is something worse than leprosy.

Isn't it true that there is an animal free gel ? That's what I was told and that they were vegan. Of course the common gelatin is animal. Maybe it is not gelatin, but something similar in consistancy.

Sister Dee

« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2012, 06:59:50 PM »
Yes, there is a vegan gelatin substitute.  I found one at a vegan online store and I think they may have flavored ones at our local bookstore (run by SDA folks, but not ABC).  Because I never really cared for gelatin in the first place ( :P), I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to any substitutes.   

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2012, 09:08:15 PM »
I believe there was one that was widely used by Seventh-day Adventists and put into many recipe books. As far as I understand, it proved to be a counterfeit. We have a topic discussing this somewhere. Emes.   

Here is the topic where this is discussed.  http://remnant-online.com/smf/index.php?topic=3626.msg50737#msg50737

I use tapioca flour. It works very well.  I hardly ever used Emes because it was expensive.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2012, 07:49:32 PM »
Monkeys on the African island of Zanzibar have learned that ingesting charcoal will counteract the adverse affects of toxic substances in their diet, say Duke University and University of Wyoming scientists. Source
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Vicki

« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2012, 01:27:16 PM »

A friend took the picture from her phone. The cat had a sore growth that developed on his lower lip. It was so tender he wouldn't let anyone touch it. It showed no sign of improvement so one evening they made a charcoal poultice and held it in place with a cut sock. The cat did not struggle to get it off so we assume he either knew it was to help or it took away the pain. The sore was gone the next day.  :)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2012, 01:32:35 PM »
What a blessing! Poor kitty. It looks comforted some way. So glad to know it recovered! God's natural remedies work!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Dorine

« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2012, 02:45:06 PM »
Before I knew the benefits of charcoal I had a cat (whose parents were brother and sister) with a very weak immune system. Anytime he could find some charcoal pieces from our wood stove he would chew them up. I thought this was very strange but when I did learn about the wonders of charcoal I then understood the cat's strange behaviour. I enjoyed seeing the cat in the picture. I'm sure his God given instincts told him this was what he needed.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2012, 09:57:22 PM »
It is a blessing to see that both nature and science confirm what we have known for over a hundred years. Charcoal is one of the great natural substances that God has given as a natural remedy. As a reminder there is a precaution associated with using charcoal.  It will pull drugs out of the bloodstream. If someone is dependent upon a drug, then do not recommend charcoal.

Won Bae

« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2012, 04:27:34 PM »
I take one capsule of charcoal after eating garlic ridden food such as spaghetti with garlic & oil.  This takes care of  garlic odor from my mouth.

Won

carls365

« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2012, 04:47:38 PM »
I think I'm filled with toxins, because sometimes it comes out the mouth, where do I get  charcoal? at the local Bar BQ supply?  does it come in a power form?

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2012, 06:14:17 PM »
No. BBQ charcoal is poison.  You need go to the drug store, health food store, or online and get activated charcoal.  USP activated charcoal is certified for internal use. Don't buy capsules. It is very expensive and may be made out of gelatin. Buy a jar.

Vicki

« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2012, 08:48:31 PM »
I second the opinion about buying powder in a jar. To take orally, put a little water in a small jar, add charcoal, shake & drink. Not bad, even for a child. No capsule needed.