Author Topic: Natural Remedies  (Read 1612 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Natural Remedies
« on: August 26, 2021, 09:25:49 PM »
We have discussed some of this in the Covid Forum. There are natural remedies for more than Covid. I found this video to be very good information.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Charcoal (Not BBQ Charcoal)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2021, 09:16:50 AM »
While undergoing chemotherapy for Leukemia, a seven day course in a hospital, the attending physician told me that my mother had contracted an infection that could not be treated and that she would die. I asked him if I could treat her with a charcoal poultice. He said "no." I asked again if she was going to soon die, and again he said yes. I asked again if I could give her and external charcoal poultice and he again said no. I think he understood how silly that was since she was definitely going to soon die.

I asked him if I put him in touch with a doctor who had experience with charcoal, would he speak with him. God touched his heart and he said he would. After the phone call he allowed me to treat my dying mother with charcoal poultices. The treatment after a few days cleared the infection in her gut. She recovered from the infection and the cancer treatment was successful. With this testimony in mind, I share the following which gave me the encouragement to use charcoal successfully for the last 35 years. It is a miracle natural remedy that God has given to us. We are not without natural remedies. Using them requires education so that one does not do harm. Using activated charcoal not only can heal, but it can cause death also. Do not use when someone is using drugs. It will pull the drugs out of the body even if used externally.

God has given us doctors and nurses that are educated in natural remedies. Surgery can be an acceptable treatment for many ailments. It will not take the place of proper diet and exercise.

“Those who desire to become missionaries are to hear instruction from competent physicians, who will teach them how to care for the sick, without the use of drugs. Such lessons will be of the highest value to those who go out to labor in foreign countries. And the simple remedies used will save many lives.”—MS 83, 1908.

“The Lord will be the Helper of every physician who will work together with Him in the effort to restore suffering humanity to health, not with drugs, but with nature’s remedies. Christ is the great physician, the wonderful Healer. He gives success to those who work in partnership with Him.”—Letter 142, 1902. 

“On one occasion a physician came to me in great distress. He had been called to attend a young woman who was dangerously ill. She had contracted fever while on the campground and was taken to our school-building, near Melbourne, Australia. But she became so much worse that it was feared she could not live. The physician, Dr. Merritt Kellogg, came to me and said, ‘Sister White, have you any light for me on this case? If relief cannot be given our sister, she can live but a few hours.’ I replied, ‘Send to a blacksmith’s shop and get some pulverized charcoal; make a poultice of it, and lay it over her stomach and sides.’ The doctor hastened away to follow out my instructions. Soon he returned, saying, ‘Relief came in less than half an hour after the application of the poultices. She is now having the first natural sleep she has had for days.’

“I have ordered the same treatment for others who were suffering great pain, and it has brought relief, and been the means of saving life. My mother had told me that snake bites and the sting of reptiles and poisonous insects could often be rendered harmless by the use of charcoal poultices. When working on the land at Avondale, Australia, the workmen would often bruise their hands and limbs, and this in many cases resulted in such severe inflammation that the worker would have to leave his work for some time. One came to me one day in this condition, with his hand tied in a sling. He was much troubled over the circumstances; for his help was needed in clearing the land. I said to him, ‘Go to the place where you have been burning the timber, and get me some charcoal from the eucalyptus tree, and pulverize it, and I will dress your hand.’ This was done, and the next morning he reported that the pain was gone. Soon he was ready to return to his work.

“I write these things that you may know that the Lord has not left us without the use of simple remedies which when used will not leave the system in the weakened condition in which the use of drugs so often leave it. We need well trained nurses who can understand how to use the simple remedies that nature provides for restoration to health, and who can teach those who are ignorant of the laws of health how to use these simple but effective cures.”—Letter 90, 1908.

“Soon there will be no work done in ministerial lines except medical missionary work.”Counsels on Health, 533. 

“I will tell you a little about my experience with charcoal as a remedy. For some forms of indigestion, it is more efficacious than drugs. A little olive oil into which some of this powder has been stirred, tends to cleanse and heal. I find it is excellent....

“Always study and teach the use of the simplest remedies, and the special blessing of the Lord may be expected to follow the use of these means which are within the reach of the common people.”—Letter 100, 1903.

For much more on charcoal, here is a link to the topic began 21 years ago in this forum. There are five pages of discussion: Charcoal
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

rahab

Re: Natural Remedies
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 11:53:08 AM »
Excellent!!  ;D

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Natural Remedies
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2022, 12:34:43 PM »
This testimony shortly after the video begins is an encouragement, but also is sad in that there are some involved in natural remedies who do not think that it would be good to do them instead of depending upon a vaccination with known side effects including death.

Corona Virus Forum

Marelis

Re: Charcoal (Not BBQ Charcoal)
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2022, 04:18:05 AM »
“The Lord will be the Helper of every physician who will work together with Him in the effort to restore suffering humanity to health, not with drugs, but with nature’s remedies. Christ is the great physician, the wonderful Healer. He gives success to those who work in partnership with Him.”—Letter 142, 1902.  [/color]

What an encouraging reminder.
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11