Author Topic: Side Effects of Drugs  (Read 60195 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Side Effects of Drugs
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2006, 10:39:00 AM »
Osteoporosis is like heart disease, it is a result in almost all cases of neglect of proper health habits, especially diet and exercise. A healthy strict vegetarian diet and lots of exercise will strengthen the bones. Listened to a lady not long ago who continues to build bone mass after the age of 60. She does not eat dairy and runs daily. Exercise is a key component to building bone mass.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Side Effects of Drugs
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2006, 05:40:00 AM »
In considering the dangers from the side effects of drugs I wondered why so many people rush to use them. The answer I think is more than having faith in the world's science. I think that there are few who really have any alternative, in a practical sense.

What is the alternative to drug therapy? It is called prevention. And, going beyond prevention when the disease has manifested itself, it is going back and correcting the problem. Now, this is not an alternative for most people. They are unwilling to correct the problem. So, they are left with no alternative to drugs.

When one is willing and able to correct the underlying problem, then the need for the drug is not so all encompassing. When one sees the cause of the problem and is able to do something to correct it, then there is hope for healing. But, one may ask, is it possible that the body will respond to such things?

This not only requires some study, but it will also require faith in God and His ways. This lacking, then there are no alternatives to drugs. Then, we shall see a strong argument made for the use of drugs since there is no other alternative.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Won Bae

Side Effects of Drugs
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2006, 11:06:00 AM »
It seems to me that some people are claiming that COQ10 does a lot of good things.  I have recommended this product for a patient of mine who had periodontal disease. I read about the good result of this treatment.  To my dismay, it did not work. I am wondering about these natural products are really worth of the claim or psychological effects on some.

Won

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Side Effects of Drugs
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2006, 11:33:00 PM »
One of the sad realities of life in these last days is that as the animals become more diseased and man also, medical products made from animals and man are transmitting diseases to those who use them. And, even fatal diseases like AIDs and CJD (human mad cow disease).

Stolen body parts have created a danger to patients who are using some cosmetic products as well as medical products in the US and Australia and maybe Korea. "MEDICAL products made from human body parts stolen from funeral homes in New York have been implanted into Australians." Sidney Morning Herald

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Side Effects of Drugs
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2007, 04:58:00 AM »
Speaking of "side effects of drugs" this might catch someone's eye!  
quote:
For full article click here.

From the Baltimore Sun
Cold remedies put children at risk, group says
City health chief, 15 pediatric experts petition FDA for stricter regulations

By Frank D. Roylance
Sun Reporter

March 1, 2007, 6:12 PM EST

Parents of young children are spending billions of dollars on over-the-counter cough and cold remedies that don't work, and which could make the kids sicker, according to a group of leading pediatricians.

"When you see multiple deaths, hundreds of calls to Poison Control and thousands upon thousands of kids using these drugs in the city every day, and they don't work and they're not safe, it's a fair issue for public health," said Dr. Joshua Sharfstein, Baltimore's commissioner of health.

Sharfstein and 15 leading pediatric experts petitioned the U.S. Food and Drug Administration today, urging the agency to stop drug makers from marketing the products to young children.

As many as 900 Maryland children younger than 5 overdosed on the medications in 2004, the petition alleges. The deaths of at least four children in Baltimore have been linked to unintentional overdoses in the last six years.

"Over-the-counter cough and cold preparations are neither safe nor effective for use in young children," the petitioners argue. "The FDA has never conducted an appropriate analysis to support their widespread use, and expert organizations agree that they are ineffective and pose a risk to health."

The petitioners asked the FDA to tell the public that over-the-counter cough and cold remedies are ineffective and potentially dangerous for young children.

The whole article is much longer but I thought this was enough to get the idea.

[This message has been edited by Jim B (edited 03-02-2007).]

By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Side Effects of Drugs
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2007, 09:42:00 AM »
Corruption is so great that we can no longer accept the decisions of such agencies to protect us. In dealing with most drugs, the side effects are so dangerous that to use them is to put oneself at risk when there is no need. God has given us a better way to prevent and treat disease. But, then one must have faith in the light we have been given and in the One who gave it.

Richard Sherwin

• Keeper of Bees
Side Effects of Drugs
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2007, 05:18:00 PM »
But when there is the need it is foolish to not use them. For some reason I have gotten a a very painful infection in my gums, the dentist has no idea why. What is more foolish? To take the pain meds and anti-biotic or miss work because of the pain and let the infection spread?

Brother Sherwin

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Myers:
Corruption is so great that we can no longer accept the decisions of such agencies to protect us. In dealing with most drugs, the side effects are so dangerous that to use them is to put oneself at risk when there is no need. God has given us a better way to prevent and treat disease. But, then one must have faith in the light we have been given and in the One who gave it.

Laughter is an instant vacation

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Side Effects of Drugs
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2007, 04:26:00 PM »
And what if there are treatments that do not injure? In the news this last week is concern about the injuries to children taking over the counter cold medicines. Is this something that we ought to give to our children? Why take the risks associated with the drugs when there are alternatives to drug therapy?

Richard Sherwin

• Keeper of Bees
Side Effects of Drugs
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2007, 04:50:00 PM »
When there are proven alternatives then by all means we should use them. However there are many times not alternatives. Think of the millions of lives saved by the use of anti-biotics, or the pain and suffering relieved by the use of pain killers.

We need to remember that Mrs. White was not against the use of all drugs, she did say they should seldom be used. We need to take care we don't toss out the baby with the bath water.

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Myers:
And what if there are treatments that do not injure? In the news this last week is concern about the injuries to children taking over the counter cold medicines. Is this something that we ought to give to our children? Why take the risks associated with the drugs when there are alternatives to drug therapy?

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Side Effects of Drugs
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2007, 08:56:00 PM »
I am not familiar with the alternatives for pain killers when they are truly needed. I recall Jesus refused them on the cross and we probably would be better off much of the time, but this is something each of us need to consider individually. The treatment of disease is a different matter. We have been given alternatives.

Brother Sherwin, are you familiar with many of the remedies given in the Spirit of Prophecy? Have you ever used charcoal for infections? Has this been proven to work?

Richard Sherwin

• Keeper of Bees
Side Effects of Drugs
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2007, 06:10:00 AM »
I have used charcoal with good results, however I've never used it on a closed infection. I can't believe it can work if it's not in contact with the area.

Pain killers are something that I used to try to avoid, however when I came to realize that pain it's self can be harmful, and that pain was interfering with my work, church duties and my walk with God I started to take them (mostly for headaches). For some pain meds are the only thing standing between having a normal productive life or a life of suffering and laying around doing nothing.

Of course the best remedy for pain is not pain killers but finding the cause of the pain and eliminate it though lifestyle changes. Trust me you will never hear me say  that Mrs. Whites counsel should not be followed

I know it's easy for those with high pain thresholds, or those not having pain or illnesses to tout Mrs. White as proof not to take meds however I've also found that most of those same people will change their minds when one of their loved ones, or they, are the ones  with the illness.

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
Side Effects of Drugs
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2007, 06:59:00 AM »
Brother Richard S,
Yes, the charcoal does work as a poultice, even with no break in the skin.  I have lived for 45 years with the results of a bad case of phlebitis (inflamnation) in my leg.  This happened at the birth of my last child.
About three times since then, the problem has recurred, and has almost been full blown, with swelling, rednesss and fever in the area.  I have prepared charcoal poultices, used hot water packs with them, and bed rest, and so far have not had to be hospitalized, or take medication.

Recently, I had a bout with an upper respiratory infection, which usually results in bronchitis.  This time, at the advice of a health minded church member, I used lobelia, valerian, and mullein tinctures with 1/4 t.cayenne in a glass of warm water, three times a day.  In two days, I could tell I was recovering, and it cleared up completely.

But, I worked in a plastics plant for 11 years, and during that time, started having bad migraine headaches, with vomiting which could not be stopped.  I have found nothing to stop them in natural remedies.  I had to resort to the Doctor's care, and then it took a while to find the right combination.  What I now do is to try to abort them, for if they ever get full blown, I am in bed for two days, and even the third day I have no energy.

I have tried eleminating foods, (I am totally vegan) but they seem to begin as what the doctors call a "tension migraine" and develop from there.  No, even a charcoal poultice doesn't faze these!!

------------------
Dora

Dora

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Side Effects of Drugs
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2007, 09:25:00 AM »
Brother Sherwin, God bless you as you do your best to understand and receive the blessings God has for you and your family.

Sister Dora, thank you for the testimony. Like you, I have been greatly blessed by the light God has given. Drs. Thrash have been faithful and no greater blessing have I received through the human channel than through their ministry at Uchee Pines.

Charcoal poultices do indeed go through the skin and provide healing. It is one of the greatest substances God has given us. Both internal and external treatments are very effective. Fomentations and poultices are a blessing from God. But, they are not going to correct the underlying problem. We must study and find the cause of the difficulty and correct the matter. Then as we work with God, He will work with us. This is what many will not do. It requires a Saviour to give us the power to correct our appetite and our lifestyle. This we have if we will only come to Him just as we are.

stephen

Side Effects of Drugs
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2007, 08:05:00 PM »
It has been shown that long term fasting resets the body.  Many people have been able to quit medications for good simply by fasting and changing their diet to vegan.  
During a long term fast, the individual must be monitored to ensure their potassium levels and other blood qualities remain healthy.  But the results of the fast are incredible!

A doctor friend of mine points out that drugs simply change the nature of disease and it's location.  They do not cure.

Rev 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

Sorceries is translated from a Greek word 'Pharmakia', or pharmacy. What message do we get when we use the word 'drugs' in place of the word 'sorceries' in the following text verses?:

Isa 47:9 But these two [things] shall come to thee in a moment in one day, the loss of children, and widowhood: they shall come upon thee in their perfection for the multitude of thy sorceries, [and] for the great abundance of thine enchantments.

Isa 47:12 Stand now with thine enchantments, and with the multitude of thy sorceries, wherein thou hast laboured from thy youth; if so be thou shalt be able to profit, if so be thou mayest prevail.

Act 8:11 And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.

Rev 9:21 Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

Zep 1:11 Howl, ye inhabitants of Maktesh, for all the merchant people are cut down; all they that bear silver are cut off.

Zep 1:12 And it shall come to pass at that time, [that] I will search Jerusalem with candles, and punish the men that are settled on their lees: that say in

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Side Effects of Drugs
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2007, 08:10:00 PM »
It is becoming more understood how many people die from drugs. It is really amazing.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Side Effects of Drugs
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2007, 10:19:00 PM »

Report: Toddler Contracts Rare Infection

CHICAGO (AP) - A 2-year-old Indiana boy and his mother contracted a rare and life-threatening infection from his soldier father's smallpox vaccination, according to a published report.

The boy and his mother were being treated in a specially ventilated room at the University of Chicago's Comer Children's Hospital, the Chicago Tribune reported Saturday.

The family's name and home town were not released at their request.

The boy developed a virulent rash over 80 percent of his body earlier this month after coming in contact with his father, who had recently been vaccinated for smallpox before he was to be deployed overseas by the Army, the paper said.

Physicians stressed that the boy was not suffering from smallpox, but from the related vaccinia virus which is used to convey immunity to the much deadlier disease. They said the infection was a rare condition called eczema vaccinatum, which has not been reported since at least 1990, when the military ended a previous program of smallpox vaccination. Smallpox was declared eradicated in 1980.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070317/D8NTSS3O0.html

By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Esther 7

• http://
Side Effects of Drugs
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2007, 03:57:00 AM »
We also must realize that some people have to have pain medicine to survive. Opioids are actually naturally produced in the body and are less harmful than Tylenol or Ibuprophen.

I have a disease that is an autoimmune disease they think, and the lining of the bladder is constantly eroding and sloughing off and being expelled. This leaves large open wounds and when the urine contacts these ulcerations, extroardinary pain results. It took five years of denial and wrestling with taking pain meds for me to get the right help. If I'd dealt with it sooner it might have got better. But as it is, it is now incurable and I do use naturopathic methods as much as possible to correct it and rid myself of the symptoms.
Unfortunately some of the treatments conflict with SOP such as taking sodium bicarbonate in water, which alkalinizes the bladder and neutralizes the acid, reducing the pain somewhat.
I have to tell you this is the most painful disease one can imagine and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. If I didn't take pain meds I literally would be out of my mind in agony.

Thankfully, like Brother Richard Sherwin said, I realized that pain itself is harmful and ages us and does damage to our heart and other organs, so I learned that it is better to reduce the pain than to try to deal with it on my own.

Liane H

Side Effects of Drugs
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2007, 09:41:00 AM »
Sister Esther:

To me the bottom line is the church has failed to teach the very basic helps that can heal in the outreach to each person in the church.

We need a lot more than what is being done to help each one of us to have a better life and health, but alas the workers are few and the need is great.

I have a friend who is in constant pain and there I times when I pray that she would be healed, but thus far the medications she takes are the only relief that she can have and being a person who is very sensitive to pain I can empathize with her more than others.

Pain affects the body and the mind as well. It colors our personality and how we are able to cope. Pain is good in that it tells us we are huting and where, but long term pain or issues that cause pain is not good at all.

All one can do is help with whatever information that we have and then leave it all to the Lord for the rest.

You are in my prayers.

------------------
Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Liane H

Side Effects of Drugs
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2007, 09:48:00 AM »
Having had a tetanus shot last Thursday I suffered from the side affects of it for two days. The symptoms were mild, but non the less left me with not up to par.

I did some research and according to the Canadian Research of tetanus that back in 1983 there were up to 5000 cases each year and after the tetanus shots came only 2 cases a year to this date.

Yes I would love to know a better way and how to do it, but the ability to know these things comes with education and learning and the teachers are few.

For now with myself as much as I would like to do things better such as natural remedies, I will take what I can get and use for now until I can.

Each one of us needs to look to the Lord and seek His wisdom and learn what they should do.

We take great risks when we share what little we know, not knowing the background of some people and could do more harm than good.

I would in my own situation make all a matter of prayer between God and ourselves before we go forward with anything.  

------------------
Liane, the Zoo Mama

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Side Effects of Drugs
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2007, 02:29:00 PM »
This subject ties in with some questions I have on medicines in general and to what lengths we should go with them. Here is the link:
http://remnant-online.com/ubb/Forum15/HTML/000570.html
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89