Author Topic: Side Effects of Drugs  (Read 60194 times)

stephen

Re: Side Effects of Drugs
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2010, 12:12:09 AM »
God's plan for health is so great.  In God's plan, it doesn't cost large sums of money to be healthy.  Since God said that He wishes us to be in health,
3Jo 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
He furnishes the way!

Drugs do not cure disease.  They change the nature and location of the disease, and the pharmacutical industry calls it 'side effects'.

Osteoporosis can be easily avoided and also easily cured.  It is interesting that the nation which consumes the most dairy products in the world also has the highest incidents of osteoporosis! 

When one has an upset stomach ("acid indigestion"), they take tums.  Why?   Because 'Tums' is calcium.  Calcium neutralizes acid.  When we have acid in the body, the natural thing for the body to do is leach calcium from the bones to neutralize it.  Acid is left over from destruction of protein.  Since our bodies recycle protein and we do not store it, the immune system must destroy excess.  (This animal protein is also the culprit in causing the auto-immune diseases)  So, the American Dairy Association neglects to tell us that using calcium infused dairy products is actually a net calcium loss, since it takes more calcium out of the bonesto neutralize the acid than we can ever get out of consuming those products.
Zep 1:11 Howl, ye inhabitants of Maktesh, for all the merchant people are cut down; all they that bear silver are cut off.

Zep 1:12 And it shall come to pass at that time, [that] I will search Jerusalem with candles, and punish the men that are settled on their lees: that say in

Vicki

« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2010, 05:59:08 AM »
Osteoporosis can be easily avoided and also easily cured

A church member has Osteoporosis. She became a vegan & walks often, but after years still has a hump. I'm sure it has slowed down or halted the progression, but I would not call it cured with a prominent hump still there. Is there more she can do? I believe Osteo can be avoided. Is there evidence it can be cured?

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2010, 06:56:42 AM »
That is a good question. I don't know if the resulting bone deformity can be reversed. But, bone loss can be reversed in many cases. Bone density can be improved by lifestyle changes.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2010, 07:10:06 AM »
Many concerned about bone loss have been taking bisphosphonate drugs such as Actonel, Boniva, Fosamax and Reclast which are supposed to increase bone density and prevent fractures. The FDA is reviewing data that may link bisphosphonates to a higher risk for esophageal cancer. In addition, an irregular heart rhythm called atrial fibrillation has been linked to injected bisphosphonates--Journal of Clinical Oncology, online Oct. 12, 2010.

Also, there is evidence that these drugs may increase the risk of an unusual type of fracture--Journal of the American Medical Association, Oct. 6, 2010. The FDA has just issued a safety announcement warning about "atypical fractures of the thigh." These femur fractures can occur without a fall, collision or trauma. Just walking may bring on this uncommon break. The FDA has also warned that these drugs can cause severe bone, joint or muscle pain.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Vicki

« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2010, 04:47:35 PM »
I haven't seen the person with Osteoporosis I mentioned a few posts ago for several months. I talked to her recently and she said she has been going to a chiropractor more often, and increased her walking to 2 hours a day along with continuing to eat healthy and trust in God. Her back has been feeling better. She is able to sleep through the night now and is walking 7 miles a day - jogging a little, and has improved posture. I wish I could see her!

God's way is indeed better - no need to add fear of cancer on top of existing health issues!

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2010, 05:09:26 PM »
Amen, Victoria! This is great news!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2010, 06:44:09 PM »
It is well known that pressure on the bones causes them to strengthen. When astronauts lack pressure on their bones due to being in a weightless environment, they are in danger of losing bone density. I met a lady who at the age of 70 plus was still gaining bone density. She was a strict vegetarian an ran daily. She said that the continual pounding on her feet and her good nutrition was responsible for her continuing to gain bone density. Amazing!! 70 years old and not losing bone, but gaining it. And, no milk!

Seems that there is a better solution to bone loss than drugs.

Vicki

« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2010, 07:10:50 PM »
Wow! That's good to know. After beating up my body for 30 some years by eating wrong & living a stagnant lifestyle before learning better, I have often wondered what the next 30 some years would be like.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2010, 07:22:42 PM »
Not only stronger bones, but even amid great trials, great joy!! :)  Contemplating living with Jesus in new bodies is enough to bring joy to anyone!!! :)  It will not be long now!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2012, 10:52:44 PM »
People are dying. Many doctors prescribing a new drug, Pradaxa, apparently were not told there is no antidote.  "There's only one really bad thing about the anti-clotting pill Pradaxa. You can't fall or get cut while taking it because once you start bleeding, there's almost no way to stop it. There's no reversal agent, no antidote."  source

Vicki

« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2012, 09:20:19 PM »
 >:(

I do not like using the little angry face. There usually is something better to reveal than anger. But, when people play with other people's lives, well that just makes me angry.

Marelis

« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2012, 03:25:16 AM »
People are dying. Many doctors prescribing a new drug, Pradaxa, apparently were not told there is no antidote.  "There's only one really bad thing about the anti-clotting pill Pradaxa. You can't fall or get cut while taking it because once you start bleeding, there's almost no way to stop it. There's no reversal agent, no antidote."  source
I have my reservations about Pradaxa but haven't seen it used enough to come to conclusions. People want to get off Coumadin because they're sick of INR tests. Many people need Coumadin.
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2012, 06:08:14 AM »
Yes, they do. Mother took it for years.

Marelis

« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2012, 09:18:21 AM »
Yes, Sybil. I know some people think it's wrong to take Coumadin but it does save lives. My father has nearly died from pulmonary emboli, has an inherited clotting disorder but has lived to be a ripe old age, partly due to Coumadin, I would think.
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2013, 07:20:11 PM »
The US Food and Drug Administration issued a warning last week about the popular and powerful antibiotic azithromycin (Zithromax or Zmax), saying that it could lead to a potentially fatal irregular heart rhythm in patients who are at higher risk for heart problems.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2013, 08:14:19 PM »
That is the very popular Z-Pak. It came as a surprise to most!  :(

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2013, 03:54:23 PM »
This is not really a "side effect" in its usual sense, but a side effect never the less. If you have become dependent upon drug therapy, then this will be very bad news for you. A Killer at the National Institute of Health

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2013, 04:38:13 PM »
That is a very shocking piece. I watched it last week.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2013, 10:16:13 PM »
Yes it is since the patients that contracted the disease, some of which died, would not have contracted it if they were not in that particular hospital. In other words, it was a hospital caused disease or death. That it was the National Institute of Health makes it very scary indeed.  But, we know that the Great Physician has made promises to His children that are faithful to walk in the light they have been given. We are coming to that time when thousands shall fall at our side. "A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee." Psalms 91:7.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2013, 08:25:29 PM »
Let's call using a drug that was not tested properly and then was approved for sale even though the test results were falsified, a "side effect". How thorough is the testing of drugs sold in the United States?   You will be shocked. And not only about the testing, but what happens to those who lie about the testing. Apparently, as serious as the manufacture and sales of adulterated drugs is, there was no jail time for those who lied about the testing of the drugs. This company falsified test results on generic drugs they manufactured in India and then sold in the United States.

"On May 13, 2013, generic drug manufacturer Ranbaxy USA Inc., a subsidiary of Indian generic drug manufacturer Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited, pled guilty to seven felony charges." source  They were fined $500,000,000. This was satisfactory for the USDA to resolve the civil and criminal charges against them.  Four counts were for making material false statements.