Author Topic: Mad Cows and People  (Read 65105 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Mad Cows and People
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2003, 10:06:00 AM »
One of the differences between vCJD and sporadic CJD is the age of onset of symptoms. The cases of vCJD in the U.K. were in younger victims. CJD ages are almost always older victims being aged sixty of older. This of course does not mean the infection was at an older age, but rather the manifestation of the disease.

Now, we have two cases in the United States discovered at the same hospital in Michigan in men aged 26 and 28. There is no explanation given as to why. There is a serious problem in the U.S. We have not gotten a good report as to what is really happening. Soon it shall become obvious that the animals are so sick that the humans that eat them are at great risk.

CJD Deaths

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Mad Cows and People
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2003, 07:30:00 AM »
While animals are transfering their diseases to humans, we are feeding our leftover meals back to them. Sometimes it inculdes their herd mates. They can also get the bones from their siblings from outdated dog food that has found it's way back into cattle food.

With these kinds of practices who would want to continue eating animal products?

USA Today

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dugald T Lewis MD

• Moderator at Rest
    • http://www.drdugaldlewis.com
Mad Cows and People
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2003, 11:41:00 AM »
When I spoke with Robert Cohen a few weeks ago, he told me that the book on Ellen G. White will soon be available.

I am hoping that any errors in the first printing will be corrected so that the world will receive an accurate presentation of the health message. I will be working on this. He appears agreeable.  

Dugald T Lewis MD

• Moderator at Rest
Mad Cows and People
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2003, 04:15:00 PM »
Mad cow case could have roots in imported American cattle, says report
at 13:48 on July 3, 2003, EST.

Printable version     Send to a friend
Click to view image

Cattle graze at a feedlot near Picture Butte, Alta., approximately 25 kilometres north of Lethbridge, Tuesday. (CP PHOTO/Adrian Wyld)

EDMONTON (CP) - The single case of mad cow disease that has paralysed the Canadian beef industry may have originated in cattle imported from the United States five years ago, says the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.

In a final report on its investigation into the outbreak, the agency refers to an unusually large 1998 shipment of 25,000 pregnant U.S. cows who had been born before the ban was imposed on feeding animal protein back to cattle.

"Canada cannot, to date, exclude the possibility that the index case itself derived through this huge, unique importation," the report says.

Because the cows were brought in before the start of the Canadian Cattle Identification Program, those cattle lost their identification as American imports.

"There was one year where the regulation was interpreted as allowing animals to be brought directly into Canadian feedlots without testing for brucellosis and anaplasmosis," said Dr. Claude Lavigne of the food agency.

"It was interpreted as allowing sexually intact animals to come in and some of these animals did not remain in feedlots."

The report says 70 per cent to 80 per cent of those cattle were Black Angus, the same breed as the northern Alberta cow that later developed mad cow disease. The cows have long since integrated into the general Canadian population and entered the feed chain.

U.S. officials have known about the possible American connection since June 12, Lavigne said.

The report underlines the extent to which the Canadian and American cattle industries are integrated, he added.

"All of the risk elements are there and are common to both countries. If you combine that with the known fact that there has been a lot of movement across the border, you end up with very similar risk factors in both countries.

"It probably could have shown up in the U.S. and may still."

There's little chance the imported cattle could be tracked back to their American farms of origin, Lavigne said.

"The trail is cold. It would probably be close to impossible to find the exact origin of all these animals. They've lost identification on the way."

The agency is also revisiting the 1993 discovery of a mad cow infection in an Alberta bull that had recently been imported from England.

Scientists theorize that other infected cattle may have come over before the 1993 case was discovered and that low levels of bovine spongiform encephalopathy may have cycled between herds, rendering plants and feed mills until 1997 when the feed ban was enacted.

That ban does not allow feed derived from ruminants such as cows and sheep to be fed to other ruminants.

The brains from the British cows imported with the infected bull have been preserved.

"They are being reassessed to determine, with sensitive diagnostics unavailable at the time, the degree to which the BSE threat may have extended beyond the single clinical case," the report says.

Canada has also contacted British officials to see if any of the herds of origin of those imported animals have developed mad cow disease.

The federal agency all but ruled out the possibility of the mad cow infection arising from wild or domestic elk herds.

A similar ailment, called chronic wasting disease, has appeared in elk and deer in both Saskatchewan and Alberta, but no link with BSE was found.

"The possibility that they might transmit the disease directly to intensively commingling cattle has been explored, with negative results to date in protracted studies in the U.S."

The report also rules out the possibility the single Alberta case arose spontaneously.

Since the case of mad cow was discovered May 20, the borders of almost all Canada's major trading partners have been closed to Canadian beef.

Producers estimate the closures are costing them $11 million a day. The economic pain has spread to related industries and rural communities.

BOB WEBER

Dugald T Lewis MD

• Moderator at Rest
Mad Cows and People
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2003, 07:11:00 PM »
Italian Dies of Mad Cow-Linked Disease

(AP) ROME - A 27-year-old Sicilian woman died Wednesday of variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (news - web sites), becoming Italy's first victim of the brain-wasting malady linked to mad cow disease, doctors said.

Dr. Fabrizio Tagliavini, director of the division of neuropathology of the Carlo Besta National Neurological Institute in Milan, said the patient was Italy's only diagnosed case of variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.

Testing done in England confirmed the infection, he said by telephone. It was not known how the woman contracted the disease. She had been hospitalized in Milan for several months.

Experts say variant CJD appears to be contracted by eating meat tainted by bovine spongiform encephalopathy (news - web sites), or mad cow disease.

BSE (news - web sites) is believed spread by recycling meat and bones from infected animals and grounding them into cattle feed.

Earlier this week, the Italian Health Ministry said there have been 104 cases of cattle testing positive in Italy for mad cow disease. The nation detected its first case in cattle in 2001, after the European Union (news - web sites) ordered mandatory tests on cattle older than 30 months destined for slaughter.

Mad cow disease has infected cattle in much of Europe, and variant CJD has killed more than 100 people worldwide, mostly Britons.

Narroc

• http://
Mad Cows and People
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2003, 11:52:00 PM »
Susan, You seemed to have hit the nail on the head with your remarks concerning feeding animals food which contains other goundup animals. One of the reasons why I would never eat Chicken is years ago I vivted a poulty farm and saw the poor 2 days old chicks about 2000 of them in a big large shed the heating was started at 40C and slowly decreased  over time down to about 21 when they were 6weeks old. They were feed by an orgar which ran the full lenght of the shed with some sort of artifical feed which contained hormores and animal products, I have enough problems with hormores with out adding to the problem. There were several large fans in the roof to ventilate the building and I was told that early one morning the power went off and when the owner realised this and got to the shed and opened up the big doors at each end over 1/2 of the chickens had died, they were just gathered up and ground up to feed the rest.
Now if that's not enough to put one off chicken I don't what would.
God condemed cannibalism because he knew of the effects of it.
What does concern me is the people who abuse their bodies and then complain about the health system which isn't able to fix them up quick so they can carry on abusing their bodies. We had a wife here who complained her husband died in his early 40's because he couldn't get a heart operation soon enough but he had been a smoker for many years.
Self inflicked health problems.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Mad Cows and People
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2005, 09:40:00 AM »
Many have wondered how their loved ones developed Ahlzeimers. Like sporadic CJD it just happens or it is the result of aluminum. No, neither of these diseases just happen. I have suspected for a long time that both diseases come from eating the flesh or products of animals with spongiform disease.

We now have found "mad cows" with lesions similar to the ones found in Ahlzeimer patients. I believe this is the evidence we needed to begin to discuss a relationship between the two. Sporadic CJD and Ahlzeimers are caused, they don't just happen without a cause. I believe we shall soon find out that they are both caused by infections from animals with a spongiform disease.

I have been looking for the evidence of such a connection for some time. Today, I believe I have found it. There are those who have been aware of this for over thirty years. It is sad that the public has not been informed.

Almost thirty years ago the Agricultural Research Council (ARC) at its meeting on October 12, 1976 stated "The USDA concluded that it could 'no longer justify or permit scrapie-blood line and scrapie-exposed sheep and goats to be processed for human or animal food at slaughter or renderng plants.' (ARC 84/77).The problem is emphasized by the finding that some strains of scrapie produce lesions identical to the ones which characterise the human dementias."

It is very interesting to note that we see here something that ought to interest us all. That the lesions in human dementia correspond to the lesions produced by scrapie is the "smoking gun" that I believe will be found to explain a cause of Ahlzeimers.

Those who have concern and love for humanity need to take this information to heart. There is no safety in eating the flesh of animals nor in eating any animal product. The government is not to be trusted when it comes to our health. They have other concerns that compete with human and animal health.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Mad Cows and People
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2005, 09:42:00 AM »
Thirty years is a long time, but not as long as a hundred. In 1902 a prophet spoke and said "Let the people be taught how to prepare food without the use of milk or butter. Tell them that the time will soon come when there will be no safety in using eggs, milk, cream, or butter, because disease in animals is increasing in proportion to the increase of wickedness among men. The time is near when, because of the iniquity of the fallen race, the whole animal creation will groan under the diseases that curse our earth."

In 1896 the same prophet said "Cancer, tumors, and all inflammatory diseases are largely caused by meat-eating. From the light which God has given me, the prevalence of cancers, and tumors is due to gross living on dead flesh. I sincerely and prayerfully hope that as a physician you will not forever be blind upon this subject. For blindness mingled with a want of moral courage to deny your appetite, to lift the cross, which means to take up the very duties that cut across the natural appetite and passion. Feeding on flesh the juices and fluids of what we eat passes into the circulation of our blood, and as we are composed of what we eat, we become animalized. Thus a feverish condition is created because the animals are diseased and by partaking of their flesh we plant the seeds of disease in our own tissue and blood. Then when exposed to the changes in a malarious atmosphere, these are more sensibly felt. Also when we are exposed to prevailing epidemics and contagious diseases, the system is not in a condition to resist the disease. I have the subject presented to me in different aspects. The mortality caused by meat-eating is not discerned. If it were, we should hear no more arguments and excuses in favor of the indulgence of the appetite for dead flesh. We have plenty of good things to satisfy hunger without bringing corpses upon our tables to compose our bill of fare. I might go on to any length upon this subject, but I will forbear."

WendyForsyth

Mad Cows and People
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2005, 12:26:00 AM »
That's the smoking gun I've been looking for Brother Richard. Thank you.

I've "Known" for years that it was the same. I couldn't prove it or explain it well. But I knew, because I believe that God impressed me with that knowledge. Now to find out that the government has known for 30 years and hidden this from people. All for the love of money? Boy will they have alot to answer for.

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Mad Cows and People
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2005, 04:47:00 AM »
It is sad, but the light that God has given has not blessed the world as it should have. Many reject it and not only eat eggs, milk, and animal products in processed foods, but still eat the flesh of animals. Cancer is rampant and spread from animal to man. The sickness in animals is much greater than most believe.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Mad Cows and People
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2005, 07:12:00 AM »
Apparently the taste of beef is worth the chance to these people in Japan to want our beef exported to them. Here is the story. Beef-Bowl Fans Demand U.S. Imports
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Mad Cows and People
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2005, 06:38:00 AM »
Mad cows didn't just happen. Man contributed to the problem with how they cared for their animals.

Here is an example that few know about. What is food for baby cows? That's right, cow milk. What have ranchers been feeding their calves? Milk "extracts" with the cream removed. Since this milk is deficient it has to be supplemented with grease from cattle. Where do you suppose the grease comes from? Really smart! Especially today.

Liane H

Mad Cows and People
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2005, 08:35:00 AM »
We have a baby lamb that is named Willow. She was rejected by her mom. We started her on Land-o-Lakes lamb milk replacer. Within the ingredients is the following:

animal fat (preserved with ethoxyquin.)
Animal sterol (source of vitamin D3.)

The sorry state is all the types of milk replacers use animal fat, there is nothing we can do about it.

She will never be sold as she is a pet, so she will never be eaten either.

Liane, the Zoo Mama  

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

David MD

• http://www.allenmd.com
Mad Cows and People
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2005, 09:40:00 PM »
"Feds probing alleged mad cow cover-up"
http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=20050429-020831-9428r

Can the cattle men cover-up the cover-up story -we will soon see.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Mad Cows and People
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2005, 09:09:00 AM »
The multi-billion dollar meat industry is very powerful. But, sooner or later the truth will be known and some of those who knew and said nothing, or worse actively covered up, will be seen to have caused a great disaster. For over  one hundred years light has come to the world in regards to the dangers of eating the flesh of animals. It is so very sad to think of the little ones who are and will suffer on account of the selfishness of man.

WendyForsyth

Mad Cows and People
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2005, 07:15:00 PM »
It's not just fat put in the baby cow's formula (it's not milk that's for sure), it's blood. They put animal blood directly into the formula to supplement what it lacks nutritionally. Supposedly.

But now all the hens are coming to roost.

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Mad Cows and People
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2005, 12:43:00 PM »
Do you trust government when it comes to "mad cow" disease? The father of Britain's youngest CJD victim is accusing medical authorities of a seven-year conspiracy to hide the fact that his son had been a blood donor.

Daily Mail

Richard Sherwin

• Keeper of Bees
Mad Cows and People
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2005, 06:40:00 PM »
I think it is hard for the goverement to cover up anything in this day and age. The media has a way of outing anything and everything. If there really were loads of people getting mad cow, as some have speculated, the media would catch on to it pretty fast.

RichardS

Laughter is an instant vacation

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Mad Cows and People
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2005, 08:12:00 PM »
Since Sunday really is a hoax and milk really is full of leukemia virus, why doesn't the media report it? What a story!  They don't for the same reason the doctors don't report the problems with drugs and meat. They are not willing to change their behavior to correspond to the truth. Most in the media are liberal and they allow their personal beliefs to sway what and how they report the news.

Seven years is a long time to have been exposed to CJD and to not be told.

Bill Wennell

Mad Cows and People
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2005, 07:13:00 AM »
While it is true that in this day and age it is hard to truly cover-up anything, it is also true that you can keep it out of the limelight. Madcow is an excellent example! I work for the USDA, I work in a place that slaughters cattle. How many tests have I done for madcow? "0", zero, zilch, none, nada (get the picture?). Even I have to dig for the madcow facts, yes - they are scattered all over the internet, but the government does their best to keep it that way so only if you are digging with you come up with the right facts. My father would always argue with me over the "facts" of such things. Where was he getting his information? Nightly news! Where was I getting mine? Investigative studies! You Want facts? You have to know where to go to get them, they don't just fall into your lap (unless God brings them to you because He wants you to know, but if you want to live in ignorance, He allows you that luxury as well).

Madcow has been here in the US since at least 1985 (FACT - see my other posts in the madcow areas).

Madcow is probably the biggest cover-up in US history since the beef/dairy industry is a multi-billion dollar subject.

The USDA is incredibly ignorant (and the US public incredibly naive) to be so inconsistant in it's treatment of BSE (example: prions aren't transmitted in the blood (USDA says) but in reality there have been cases of vCJD (madcow in people) transmitted by blood transfusion (FACT)).

Why won't the USDA allow plants to test animals when they want to?????? This is the cream of the cake issue, there are plants that would test cattle to help sales, especially overseas but the USDA controls the reagents and will NOT allow them to do so! Incredible?!?

And yet there is no cover-up?

Wow, that's even so incredible, it's unbelieveable!

Also, the VA did a study in Pittsburg, PA (check the other BSE posts, or e-mail me for the website) where it was determined that at least 15% of Ahlzheimer's deaths were in fact vCJD deaths. Ahlzheimer patients are usually NOT autopsied, and without proper testing the physical results would look (and therefore be diagnosed) the same. What's 15% of all the ahlzheimers deaths in the uS come to? Just a thought!

------------------
Bill Wennell
USDA Meat & Poultry Inspector
BiblicalTruths2000@Juno.com

[This message has been edited by Bill Wennell (edited 05-17-2005).]

Bill Wennell<BR>Medical-missionary Brazil<BR>BiblicalTruths2000@Juno.com